• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are 55 days out!!! Time for more detailed planning. We are bringing our 2 year old and staying at the BC, water view room. I am trying to figure out where he will sleep. He is moving to a big kid/ toddler bed next week, so no crib for him in Disney. Do the king bed rooms have day beds? Anyone have a picture of a rollaway cot? Or maybe I should just ask for bed rails and get 2 queen beds - although I really wanted a king for us. Any input welcome- by the way, he is a tall two year old so he wouldn't fit in a pack and play or mini crib anyway. So excited!!!

The pic on the first page of the crib was from our trip a few years back. It is the standard size crib, about the same size of our Graco convertible from home but a bit smaller width wise. Our two year old fit in there no problem during that trip. So crib might still be an option for your family.

It's time for a Princess Lily update! After a few hours delay, they finally arrived in Orlando. Birthday present time:

This one is my favorite. Look at Lily's expression!

Dawn Maree ... thank you for posting the pics. We are having a wonderful time although we didn't get home from airport until 1:30 AM. It was a rough night. Right now Lily and Pop-Pop are having a tea party. Then off to Walmart to buy water shoes for Typhoon Lagoon. Then Lily and I are off to Epcot and Pop-Pop and Jeanne have to go back to airport to pick up Jeanne's friend who is visiting for 3 days. Let the magic begin!!!!!!!

Great Lily Pics!!! That's quite the birthday haul! The look of surprise is priceless!

Dawn Maree ... thank you for posting the pics. We are having a wonderful time although we didn't get home from airport until 1:30 AM. It was a rough night. Right now Lily and Pop-Pop are having a tea party. Then off to Walmart to buy water shoes for Typhoon Lagoon. Then Lily and I are off to Epcot and Pop-Pop and Jeanne have to go back to airport to pick up Jeanne's friend who is visiting for 3 days. Let the magic begin!!!!!!!

pixiedust::banana::banana::banana:

We have a dinner reservation at boma in august. what is the best way to get there? Would it be better to boat to DHS and take the bus from there or would it be better to walk to the front of Epcot to get the bus? What about the way home? I was thinking just take the first park bus that comes and transfer from there?

:wave2: k&a&c a BC/YC stay? :faint: :upsidedow while I like BC, it's more important to me to have a full balcony, so last year (after GF :goodvibes) we had a standard view at YC. First room was awful, so went down and asked if another room was available. We had a room facing the front of the resort over the Portico. It had a large balcony shared by 4 rooms. At first I didn't like that. But in August, I was the only one out there :rotfl: so it was all good. I think Dee may have pics of the room as I sent her some.

At BC we had a GV room.
Forgot to add, YC is first pick up and first to be dropped off. I don't know when your last stay was, but bus service has been sig improved. Now with the exception of DTD, BC/YC don't share with the other Epcot resorts. It was nice being first pick up. Hardly anyone at YC stop, then loads getting on at BC. I didn't find YC that huge of a dif getting to Epcot. And it's right in front of boat dock.
We liked the morning breakfast area just off YC lobby, and easy enough to get to BC mostly thru inside halls.

I know, right?!? I'm a traitor.;) But we enjoy the Y&BC very much, especially in the hot months - SAB, 'nuff said!:teeth:

Thanks for all the insight. I think we are leaning more and more to YC, for all the reasons you and Wood Nymph pointed out. As I've mentioned on the GF FAQ, red is not my favorite color, which makes the BC rooms more soothing to me - but the overall rooms at YC are nice, too.

We will have our car, I think we are planning on bringing our own b'fast items, anyway, so that's not much of an issue.

Sounds like we may have had the same room you are describing, was it CL? We had a YC CL room that was over the front portico, shared balcony. Like you, we were the only ones out there 99% of the time. Usually, the other room guests would pop out when they checked in, look around and then never be seen again.:laughing:

The standard view over the flat roof at the BC was a view of the trees in the distance with the parking lot behind it. It was pretty much an open horizon without any buildings or other rooftops besides the flat roof that was below us. I didn't think it was a bad view at all. :)

Doesn't sound bad at all, I agree.:goodvibes We don't spend a lot of time on the balcony, but when we do, we are sitting, so the view would be mostly of what is in the distance.

Thanks again!:flower3:

We have a dinner reservation at boma in august. what is the best way to get there? Would it be better to boat to DHS and take the bus from there or would it be better to walk to the front of Epcot to get the bus? What about the way home? I was thinking just take the first park bus that comes and transfer from there?

You can also use DTD as a hub.

You can also use DTD as a hub.

With all the construction at DTD, I highly recommend avoiding DTD unless you absolutely MUST go there. Traffic patterns have changed drastically and delays are inevitable. The Marketplace side isn't too bad if you walk around just in that area but if you venture near what was Pleasure Island, it is a nightmare. Because of the parking lot construction, buses are having lots of delays, etc. so I recommend avoiding DTD!!

I've been busy today. 4 weeks to Florida.

9091378bfab13f2560d222a69ee011ed_zps1968dd3c.jpg
[/IMG]

How cute is this! I really must stop going on Ebay. This is coming from Malaysia, so it should come before our trip. I see me making loads of bows with pins for all my lovely Y&B friends so we can identify each other :goodvibes
cc5a2b3a8a8c947243e0feccef00e087_zps910e3765.jpg
[/IMG]

That's a lot to get done before the soccer game!

Sounds like your visit has been off to a great start!

Question on the campfire and movies for anyone who has done it. My kids really want to do the campfire/movie this year. Have been too busy for this in the past ;) For planning purposes, does the campfire and marshmallow roast last up until the movie starts? The campfire starts at 7 while we are there and movies at 8:30. Just trying to figure out if we get there at 8:00 or 8:15, can they roast some marshmallows and then get to the movie? Thanks for any help on this!

We've used both as transfer spots. The boat to DHS is much more leisurely. Cutting through Epcot always seems like a hassle to me.

Darn!!! We check out of the Grand Floridian on the 25th or I'd jump on it. It's too far for us to drive back in for it. We're almost an hour away. You probably wouldn't have wanted a little 3 year old anyway.

Teena! Nothing would make me happier than for us to be sharing our fun cruise with you!! Would love to have you all on board.....My husband and I actually stare longingly at families with young children when we are at Disney. We have amazing memories with our own kids, and are blessed that, even though they are 21 and 23, they still love to come to Disney with us (that is, as long as we're paying, I suppose!:rolleyes2)

Just to put it out there again for those who didn't see my previous post, I have booked a Wishes cruise for Monday, August 25, and have 6 more seats available if anyone is looking to share....please send me a PM and I'll give you the details.

~Linda

Okay, I'm new here and I read the entire first page w/ all the info and then got to page 19, followed the new thread location, and now I've just skipped to the last so I could post my questions:) this will be my second time to WDW, the first was 7 years ago. We stayed at CBR our first time, but now we are a family of 5, so we're trying a deluxe for the first time. I'll be traveling with my husband, daughter (12), daughter (9) and son (3).

First, we are traveling Easter week, Apr. 4-10 (can I please be placed on the BoG list?). This is really on the top end of our budget. I have made the room only reservation, but will upgrade to the tickets/park hopper/dining when rates are released for 2015. I'm counting on he spring break discounts to be offered for this resort again to make it more affordable. What is the likelihood of this happening? I did request a full balcony but I didnt request a day bed because I saw on the disney site that the room came with daybed or twin sleeper chair. We have a garden view. Should I request a daybed too?

Teena! Nothing would make me happier than for us to be sharing our fun cruise with you!! Would love to have you all on board.....My husband and I actually stare longingly at families with young children when we are at Disney. We have amazing memories with our own kids, and are blessed that, even though they are 21 and 23, they still love to come to Disney with us (that is, as long as we're paying, I suppose!:rolleyes2)

Just to put it out there again for those who didn't see my previous post, I have booked a Wishes cruise for Monday, August 25, and have 6 more seats available if anyone is looking to share....please send me a PM and I'll give you the details.

~Linda

Linda, I could cry. We so want to do this, but it's the day I have booked the Frozen Party Package :headache:

If Animal Kingdom is still open take a bus to there and transfer to a resort bus from there.

Taking a cab would be most direct and time saving way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter