There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!! I just wanted to say I will be down at the world in about a month. Not sure where we r staying as I am going with my best friend for her wedding. We are so excited!!!

Amber

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

For anyone interested I have started my trip report for our stay at the Presidential Suite! It is titled Major Pixie Dust! Presidential Suite at the Beach Club!!! It is a work in progress, I hope you enjoy the pictures!

Hi, everyone. I have loved reading your thread. Is there a thread for July and August? We are staying at BC for the first time in August and are sooooooo excited.

The May-June in the title is just to show when the posts were made. It's a popular thread and they only seem to last about 3 months before a new one is made

Hello! Just got to BC this afternoon and it's been good so far. Had lunch at Hurricane Hannah's and a storm came up quickly and it really felt like a little hurricane.

Do I remember reading something that you can see the Hollywood Studios fireworks from here? Is it anything special once the Star Wars weekend happens?

I know this might be taboo to post on here but anyone have any info for the dark side (universal) possibly adding a 2 night stay before or after disney... What would be best, before disney or after?? My husband works for comcast and they get a discount. I'm starting to get anxiety over this whole trip!

BC WV 11/9-11/15 Free Dining & part of F&W

Not a fan of online check in...I would request HIGH UP FLOOR with view of wedding gazebo. Depending on where you are positioned you have a chance at a side lagoon view for a garden view price.

Just curious why you are not a fan of online check in... I've never done it!

YES!!!! We go every June and every year I try to do 10 new things and this really keeps me busy and thinking all year....We are on a split stay at GFV and YC CL this summer and then a few nights at Universal. So I love planning and agonizing all year and coming up with my 10 new things that when it finally arrives a lot of the fun is gone for me b/c this is a complete hobby for me. DD15 is bring a friend this summer and now a few other families have asked us to go in April 2015 for Spring Break so I get to plan a trip 10 months out instead of 12 months so that helps..but I do get pretty sad depression when it is over...This year as a surprise, after we check out of US/IOA, I am going to AKL for a surprise night before we head home. Girls think we are going to the airport, but alas one last surprise!!!!! I can't leave Florid from universal property....just wouldn't be right...

I am not complaining by any means but this time I planned it in such a short time span (Feb-June) that I felt the wait went by too fast! We went when my son was 5 and we promised him that we'd be back when he was 10. Well DH went on a business trip to Disneyland in January and said that we need to go back sooner than originally planned, he got bit by the dis bug! Lucky for me we ended up booking for this summer and I just can't believe it's almost here! I will go through withdrawal big time!!

Hello! Just got to BC this afternoon and it's been good so far. Had lunch at Hurricane Hannah's and a storm came up quickly and it really felt like a little hurricane.

Do I remember reading something that you can see the Hollywood Studios fireworks from here? Is it anything special once the Star Wars weekend happens?

On Star War weekends there are special fire works. We watched them from our balcony at the BC. They were really good.

I know this might be taboo to post on here but anyone have any info for the dark side (universal) possibly adding a 2 night stay before or after disney... What would be best, before disney or after?? My husband works for comcast and they get a discount. I'm starting to get anxiety over this whole trip!

BC WV 11/9-11/15 Free Dining & part of F&W

This past July we did 3 nights at US/IoA followed by 4 nights at the Beach Club. The reason we did Disney last was so we could meet up with our favorite CM, who was away earlier in the week, but I have heard it recommended to go to the "darkside" last. If you are staying on site, you will have front of the line privileges at the end of your trip when you are probably tired. Also, you will get to use the Magic Express on arrival and avoid the Tragical Depress back to the airport.

We used a car service to take us from the airport to the Hard Rock Hotel, and then from the Hard Rock to the Beach Club.

:earsboy::teleport: :wizard:

Hi everyone!! I just wanted to say I will be down at the world in about a month. Not sure where we r staying as I am going with my best friend for her wedding. We are so excited!!!

Amber

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

:yay: :banana: :wave2::welcome: Back

~NM

I'm so excited that we are finally staying at the BC -- even if it is only for 3 nights

We're doing our first split stay -- 7 nights @ CSR w/free dining and 3 nights @ BC dining OOP.

I'm most excited about SAB. We've eaten at CMC (H's fav) every trip and my girls ALWAYS ask about SAB and now they can finally go in!!!

We're keeping the BC part a secret. I can't wait for them to thin that we're leaving only to hop over to another resort AND go to MVMCP!

We will depart CSR on a Saturday and we're using that entire day to get to know the resort -- so hopefully the weather works with us! Our plan is to have a quick breakfast in the club lounge at CSR and then head over to the BC. I doubt our room will be ready, but at least we can enjoy the resort while we wait.

I'm going to make a conscious effort not to "wish away" our CSR stay, as it's our first time staying there, too -- but I can't wait to finally stay at the BC!!!

What a great surprise for your girls. I stayed at CSR once and really enjoyed it. While nothing compares to SAB the pool at CSR is really nice and not a bad place to spend an afternoon. It sounds like a great trip all around.

For anyone interested I have started my trip report for our stay at the Presidential Suite! It is titled Major Pixie Dust! Presidential Suite at the Beach Club!!! It is a work in progress, I hope you enjoy the pictures!

Excellent news - I'm off to check it out!

any tips for when to get to SAB in the AM during mid-August?

Just line up behind me, Buzzy the fly, your Beach Club Resort guy. I'm like a pool groupie. I get there early, start stealing everyone's maraschino cherries from their drinks and then I eventually pass out until it's time to leave. It's a win win for everybody as you get my company and I get the fruit in your beverage.

Signed, your pal Buzzy the fly, the Beach Club bon vivant!

As requested some pictures of the Presidential Suite. Hope you enjoy them.

Entryway

null_zps794f39c3.jpg

null_zps47985a98.jpg

null_zpsc9c8a9a2.jpg

Dining room

null_zpsfc658781.jpg

F3651F67-DFC0-4725-A199-86B3A1898178_zpssqtya0jz.jpg

Living room

null_zps2eafbcd9.jpg

null_zpsa6ed2ea6.jpg

D86345BB-C94B-4B0F-83B1-450143BB18C7_zpsqtd0kmem.jpg

Parlor

0A94A522-BA04-4473-81CF-A01B2CFE0EA0_zpsdpbhzp1w.jpg

9B8E7C65-D304-4740-A43D-2395BA4E51C4_zpswxkdmtls.jpg

Master bedroom and bath

CF4BCE5E-BAD9-4BC1-A187-2E504FDED6CE_zpsttw7gtqw.jpg

050174AF-1389-4E29-A0E0-946720F52407_zpszrk9f97p.jpg

5200D2BC-0A20-486D-B74F-C4DD919F70C7_zpsitntxbbr.jpg

2BD0A671-4BC4-4242-83AE-B12AF38F798C_zpsusu7pb02.jpg

8904B802-14F0-47FE-AF25-04E479F45A8E_zps1f4e4dab.jpg

null_zps2a6e435b.jpg

null_zps6a632c58.jpg

null_zps3eb8d771.jpg

This past July we did 3 nights at US/IoA followed by 4 nights at the Beach Club. The reason we did Disney last was so we could meet up with our favorite CM, who was away earlier in the week, but I have heard it recommended to go to the "darkside" last. If you are staying on site, you will have front of the line privileges at the end of your trip when you are probably tired. Also, you will get to use the Magic Express on arrival and avoid the Tragical Depress back to the airport.

We used a car service to take us from the airport to the Hard Rock Hotel, and then from the Hard Rock to the Beach Club.

:earsboy::teleport: :wizard:

Thank youdo much for your advice! Flight prices went up wayyyyyyy to much to do US after disney so we have decided on 2 nights before disney! Now my husband can stop wining and be excited (he's never been to universal!) lol this feels so foreign to me since I've been reading up so much info on disney and 0 on US!! I just can't wait to be at the BC to be honest. I want one if those sunken treasures!!!!!

We like to do Universal beforehand (which I can see from your other post is what you are doing) because on our arrival day we get to our first destination/park well after park opening (maybe around 10-11 am or so). Universal is perfect for this, since the hotel comes with Universal Express. It doesn't matter when we arrive: we can still walk on all of the rides (except HP, but we save that for our early entry days). So I think there are plusses and minuses to both.

Just back from work, and I know I am several pages behind here! If I haven't had a chance to welcome you yet to the thread, I'll get to you in the next day or so. :goodvibes Wanted to give you all a heads-up that my latest trip report chapter (mostly pictures) is all about Stormalong Bay, and a certain, special green beverage. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3145135&page=73 .

Amazing pictures. Can't believe we will be there in less than 3 weeks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter