theories on the august 12th big announcement....

I thought the "big news" for today is the 180 days for reservations and for park hours?
Could be part of it, but why would the podcast state:

"We are hearing that a new discount may be released, rumor has it, a new discount may be released on August 12 similar to the 7 for 4 promotion. However, the word on the street is 7 for 4, but much more complicated."

Been lurking and hoping this is true. I'm using Safari on my Mac and the DW specials screen has been blank since early this morning. It sounds like every system is different.

Here's to hoping we can save a little more on our Oct. trip pixiedust:

:worship:OK, ITers, please help explain this phenomenon, the WDW website stopped showing specials for me about an hour ago:badpc:

This happened to me last night/early this morning.... I had it up in both AOL and IE (on the same computer). I kept refrshing, and the discounts disappeared all together in IE but the old ones stayed up on AOL... It was like that for hours.... Now, this morning, the old discounts are back up in both AOL and IE.....

Makes me wonder why they mentioned in the Podcast that it would be a "more confusing offer?" I suppose that thus far, it has been:lmao:.

YUP!!! So true....:rotfl2::rotfl:

Ah well, just gives me one more thing to compulsively obsess on.:dance3:

I had not been watching the specials, as we are not going until 6/10, so the specials I am reading are only for this year. I only have IE not FF so is there any kind of specials for next year, just courious. I don't want to download FF if I don't have to.

Thanks

Now the "specials" are back-up for me, and it's the same old spiel on there. I'm going to go obsess about something else like the heat and bugs while picnicking in a nearby park with my DD. Everyone keep up the good detective work.

This is what I use:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/

For the first time for me today it is blank. I'm using Safari (Mac OS), those using IE now report that it's showing the same old specials, but some using IE earlier said it was blank, but Firefox wasn't.

Safari (MAC OS) here as well, and it's been blank all 3 or 4 times that I have checked this morning.
I don't know why I am bothering.. we aren't going until February.. I doubt it will be anything that covers that far out. I guess I'm just curious now.

Oh this is just ridiculous! :rotfl2: I was going to call today to see about upgrading to WL, but was waiting to see if there was something else coming out...not that I think it will be anything more than what they have already done for us going in 2009. Guess I will just go ahead and call.:confused3

I contacted my TA and she said systems were down. I asked if she had the skinny on the new rumored promo and she said "mums the word"! So, I guess until the systems are back up and running, no one is speaking!

One way it could show the old specials to some folks and a blank page to other folks would be if different people have different cache settings on their browsers.

Speaking as an IE user - clicking the link that was provided earlier:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/

gives me an empty Special Offers page because I've never visited there before. If you've visited there before your cache may be filling in the blank area.

WDW%20Special%20Offers.jpg

I contacted my TA and she said systems were down. I asked if she had the skinny on the new rumored promo and she said "mums the word"! So, I guess until the systems are back up and running, no one is speaking!

Mums the word at least gives me hope. If there was nothing coming your TA probably would have said so. I had given up hope!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter