Theater shooting in Louisiana

Yes, let's stop caring about gun violence. It's inevitable. People will die. We must learn to accept the needless deaths of the young and innocent. Heck, even the old and innocent need to die. It's time we arm everyone and just start shooting indiscriminately.

I was just wondering something...I certainly didn't say we should do any of the things you've listed though.

I can't believe I woke up to another shooting in our Country, Its sickening.
I can most definitely believe it.
One of the big reasons I'm seriously considering retiring out of the country. 30000 people killed or murder each year, I might as well be living in the middle east.

Insane.

I can most definitely believe it.
One of the big reasons I'm seriously considering retiring out of the country. 30000 people killed or murder each year, I might as well be living in the middle east.

Insane.

So where are you gonna go that no violence but yet our freedoms ?

Oh I don't think there is anywhere, where there is absolutely no violence but I'm old enough where I'm willing to make some trade offs. I lived in Lisbon Portugal for a while and can't remember not being able to do anything there that I couldn't do here (I was newly married so I probably didn't pay attention, lol). My in laws were Portuguese and I don't remember any of them complaining about not being able to do things.

I can safely say North Korea is off the list. there just has to be some sort of middle ground.

gun violence is not the only reason I'm considering it but it does kinda play into it. I have a sibling that lives in St Thomas USVI and it is one of the reasons why his family is staying put. Once again, not the only reason but with small children they did take it into consideration.

I'm not panicking and running for the border, I've got a few years but I am being truthful, when I make my list of pros and cons, our obsession with violence does go on the con list. It's sad to me. I do think in a few years we'll get rid of the gun free zones and then every store, movie theater, beach etc will have hundreds of people walking around packing heat. Just not the type of culture I want to live my old age in.

These are just my opinions, I'm not arguing for or against.

Last edited:

Those who would give up essential Liberty for a little temporary safety, deserve neither safety nor Liberty.

Benjamin Franklin
lol,
yeah, there's an authority. remember he also encourage young married men to keep mistresses so not so sure we every thing out of his mouth were pearls of wisdom's. Actually I'm not advocating for this country to change at all, I highly doubt that it will.

Oh I don't think there is anywhere, where there is absolutely no violence but I'm old enough where I'm willing to make some trade offs. I lived in Lisbon Portugal for a while and can't remember not being able to do anything there that I couldn't do here (I was newly married so I probably didn't pay attention, lol). My in laws were Portuguese and I don't remember any of them complaining about not being able to do things.

I can safely say North Korea is off the list. there just has to be some sort of middle ground.

gun violence is not the only reason I'm considering it but it does kinda play into it. I have a sibling that lives in St Thomas USVI and it is one of the reasons why his family is staying put. Once again, not the only reason but with small children they did take it into consideration.

I'm not panicking and running for the border, I've got a few years but I am being truthful, when I make my list of pros and cons, our obsession with violence does go on the con list. It's sad to me. I do think in a few years we'll get rid of the gun free zones and then every store, movie theater, beach etc will have hundreds of people walking around packing heat. Just not the type of culture I want to live my old age in.

These are just my opinions, I'm not arguing for or against.

Come to Canada, we'll be happy to have you :)

What "freedoms" are you talking about? Freedom of speech? Freedom of religion? Reproductive freedom? The right to vote? Democratically elected government? MANY MANY countries. All of Europe. Australia. New Zealand. Many Asian countries. The rates of violence in these countries is far below that of ours. Heck, the capital building in New Zealand is guarded by a single guard, without a gun. Contrast that with the capital building in our country.

Oh, sure, you might have to give up the right to own a small arsenal. But, I'd trade that in a heartbeat for less indiscriminate violence and mass killings. YMMV.

Come to Canada, we'll be happy to have you :)
I was just in Montreal for the 4th of July week. Montreal Jazz festival. Got a chance to stay with 2 friends of mine, had a wonderful time. Wonderful folks

I don't want to change the thread into US vs the rest of the world.

For me it's just a very personal decision as to how I think I want to spend the second half of my life.
I love my country but as I am getting older, some items are more important than when I was younger. right now I live in a big city, I love it but I do notice the older I get, the more discourage I get with the daily "shooting" gallery count.
literally every morning when I wake up as I get ready for work, I am guaranteed that there will be at least 3 homicides from guns.
Every night I have to worry about my kids getting shot in a act of random violence, and we live in one of the safest parts of the city.

It's just not how I want to live.

What "freedoms" are you talking about? Freedom of speech? Freedom of religion? Reproductive freedom? The right to vote? Democratically elected government? MANY MANY countries. All of Europe. Australia. New Zealand. Many Asian countries. The rates of violence in these countries is far below that of ours. Heck, the capital building in New Zealand is guarded by a single guard, without a gun. Contrast that with the capital building in our country.

Oh, sure, you might have to give up the right to own a small arsenal. But, I'd trade that in a heartbeat for less indiscriminate violence and mass killings. YMMV.

Yes! Yes! Yes! And don't forget Canada.

I was just in Montreal for the 4th of July week. Montreal Jazz festival. Got a chance to stay with 2 friends of mine, had a wonderful time. Wonderful folks

I don't want to change the thread into US vs the rest of the world.

For me it's just a very personal decision as to how I think I want to spend the second half of my life.
I love my country but as I am getting older, some items are more important than when I was younger. right now I live in a big city, I love it but I do notice the older I get, the more discourage I get with the daily "shooting" gallery count.
literally every morning when I wake up as I get ready for work, I am guaranteed that there will be at least 3 homicides from guns.
Every night I have to worry about my kids getting shot in a act of random violence, and we live in one of the safest parts of the city.

It's just not how I want to live.

I agree that this thread should not be an US (us) vs them thread.. people died and we should be thinking of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter