Theater shooting in Louisiana

It's sickening and sad and feels like it will never end. My kid has never known a world without gun violence. It doesn't even surprise him when he hears about another shooting in a school, mall, theater, etc. I just feel so disgusted right now.

It's sickening and sad and feels like it will never end. My kid has never known a world without gun violence. It doesn't even surprise him when he hears about another shooting in a school, mall, theater, etc. I just feel so disgusted right now.

I remember seeing a documentary on Iran years ago and I was just amazed how there were kids playing in the streets while there was gunfire in the background. People were going about their everyday activities and I was just shocked. While we certainly aren't at that point in the US, these tragic events no longer shock people like they used to. It is something that still makes most people pause, but that pause is becoming shorter and shorter. I'm not sure how or when it happened, but these types of tragedies rarely surprise anyone now. So sad.

I've been watching the coverage of this and it is so sad. You truly can't imagine something like this happening in Lafayette but nowhere is safe.

It's ironic that as we become more and more easy-going about guns more and more of this seems to be happening. I don't think that they're related but it is strange.

This movie Theater is the closest to the University
  • Across street is popular burger hangout
  • It's a safe city- this event is shocking
  • Our fave independant coffee shop shares parking with this theater- Johnston Street Java
  • It's 6:40 am and no names released yet

The shooter's five minutes of infamous fame. :sad2:

So sad for the victims and their families. :sad1:

I've been watching the coverage of this and it is so sad. You truly can't imagine something like this happening in Lafayette but nowhere is safe.

It's ironic that as we become more and more easy-going about guns more and more of this seems to be happening. I don't think that they're related but it is strange.

Our homicide rate is actually WAY lower than it was 40 years ago. I just don't think we heard about such things with the same regularity back then.

...these tragic events no longer shock people like they used to. It is something that still makes most people pause, but that pause is becoming shorter and shorter...

I think this really sums it up best. We all react when we hear things like this, but things go "back to normal" faster and faster. I do think we're getting numb.

Our homicide rate is actually WAY lower than it was 40 years ago. I just don't think we heard about such things with the same regularity back then.

I think this is probably part of it too. 40 years ago, violent things happened, but they weren't streamed to small computers in our pockets minutes afterward. If you read about it in the paper a few days later, not only was the immediacy gone, but it was much easier to put the story in the "far away from here box" in your mind. Now we're used to the world feeling much smaller.

I wonder how many people died yesterday in the US due to those dangerous automobiles we allow in this country?
Yes, let's stop caring about gun violence. It's inevitable. People will die. We must learn to accept the needless deaths of the young and innocent. Heck, even the old and innocent need to die. It's time we arm everyone and just start shooting indiscriminately.

We have become so desensitized to violent crime sprees. A crying toddler in a restaurant is more newsworthy and something to get excited about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter