The Young and The Restless .. Take 5 .. Spoilers Welcome!

Sharon confides in her therapist about going on the run with Faith, her feelings for Adam and something holding her back from giving in. Sharon wants to stop hurting people
Adam meets with Chelsea wanting to give her a settlement but she tells him to go to hell. Chloe is not happy to hear this since she was banking on his money to stat their business
Jack faces off with Neil over how he is handling things at Jabot, Neil is ready to quit. Jack calls Adam wanting his pills, Adam gives him one and tells Phyllis that Jack is getting worse
Adam confronts Victor about the leak to the media about Jack but he denies it was him. Adam knows of Victor's intentions, get Newman back and toss him out. Meanwhile, Tucker warns Jack not to screw up

Next - Leslie tells Neil not to quit ; Kyle confronts Jack ; Jill panics when she realizes Katherine was not faking being ill

Victor and Nikki decide to make Valentine's Day their wedding date. Victor's attention is divided between his focus on the wedding and an opprtunity to go against Adam and Jack for Newman.

While Nikki is preparing for the wedding she finds out about some disturbing news that could put a halt to everything.

Billy and Vicki unite as they get ready to go against Adam.

After Nick and Phyllis's divorce is final she starts to rebuild her strained relationship with Summer and begins to try and reconnect with Avery.

Phyllis may be Jack's savior when he reaches a new low concerning his pill addiction.

When Nick experiences unexpected results after venturing out on his own Victor tries to lure him back in.

An unexpected twist threatens the seriousness of Nick and Avery's happiness.

While Fen's hatred of Jamie continues to build, his parents Michael and Lauren experience marriage troubles that could ruin their relationship.

As Kevin's money trouble builds he lures Chloe into joining him all the while not knowing that one of his crimes will bring damage to Noah.

Tyler makes a move that may damage Lillyd and Cane's marriage. As Leslie gets closer to Neil, she and Tyler may be sharing a secret.

Tucker makes progress when it comes to repairing his relationship with Katherine and his son. His relationship with Jill starts to blossom and Katherine starts to re-evaluate her life when it starts to spiral downward.

Please tell me they are not killing off Katherine! I mean Jill Faren Phelps nearly destroyed GH by killing off most of the Quartermaines, is she now doing the same with Y&R?

Sorry, but I don't like all the "teeny-bopper" stuff on Y&R and how they have ruined Sharon and how they can't figure out how to use some really good actors/ actresses (i.e., Stephen Nichols). How can I invest in the "flavor of the day" teeny-bopper issue when they change the actor/actress who is playing the character so often! I mean, how many Summers and Noahs have there been (including the babies through the "magically aged" ones?

I like the tried and true characters! (And don't even get me started on killing off Stephanie on B&B -- I've quit watching the Liam/Steffy/Hope loop...ugh!)

Karen

Short recap

Kyle leaked his father's addiction

Summer's birthday gift is a car

Jamie moves in with Michael and Lauren

Lauren finds Fen's spare phone

Phyllis tells Jack to get his act together

Neil reconsiders his decision to quit Jabot

Katherine is fine. Jill takes her to the doctor. He tells her to rest.

Jill tries to convince Katherine to give Tucker a chance

Next - Tyler pursues Lily ; Adam tells Sharon what Victor wants ; Jack holds a press conference

Dec. 31st issue of SOD via Daytime Royalty (IMOW)

It's Christmas Eve and Phyllis extends an invitation to Avery to spend it with her and Summer. Avery spots the card that Jaimie gave to Summer and asks her if they are becoming serious. Summer tells Avery her feelings are divided between Jaimie and Fen and doesn't know which direction her heart will take her. Phyllis senses the bond between her sister and daughter. Summer tells Avery she prefers taking advice from her rather than her mother. Phyllis is hurt by her daughter's confession.

Phyllis questions Avery about her divorce, but Avery doesn't want to get into it. Phyllis doesn't carry on about it. Later Avery meets Nick, they give each other gifts, and then make love. Nick then finds a pair of military dog tags, but doesn't mention anything about it to Avery. The next morning, Nick leaves and goes to Sharon's place to spend Christmas morning with her and their kids. Avery is invited to spend Christmas day with Phyllis and Summer (at Summer's request). The topic of divorce is brought up again by Phyllis, but this time Avery gets annoyed. Later, Avery looks at the dog tags and becomes emotional....apparently that person had some meaning in her life.

Adam tells Sharon about Victor's blackmail, she learns he is behind the other fires. Sharon and Adam do not want Jack to merge Jabot with Newman because then he would lose both so Adam has no choice but to out Jack before that happens. Sharon cuts ties with Adam again
Neil and Jack apologize to each other, Neil gets his job back. Jack fills Neil in on the leak about his addiction, Jack tries to deny it but Neil can see through his addiction. Jack does damage control by holding a press conference
Cane continues to hate Tyler who flirts with Lily. Cane and Tyler face off, he does not want to hire him but he has no choice as Neil tells him to do so since Tyler has potential.
Victor sweet talks Victoria and convinces her to stay back, Billy hesitantly supports his wife's decision. Victor checks for an update with Adam who tells him plan in action. Adam left the painkillers in Jack's desk, Jack is tempted to use them

Next - Chloe tells Chelsea that bad karma is coming Sharon's way ; Nick is happy to see Sharon getting better ; Jack plans to merge Jabot with Newman by next week!

Happy Holidays Y&R DISers!:santa:

Victor manipulates Victoria by playing the orphan card
Victoria tells Billy she wants to be with her family for Christmas
Billy warns Victoria
Victoria asks Billy to accept a truce with her father

Sharon realizes that Adam was behind the Genoa City arson wave
Adam and Sharon discuss their options
Sharon opts to protect Jabot at any cost
Adam tells Sharon that he’s in a position to use Jack’s weaknesses against him
Sharon wonders what Adam really means
The ex-lovers agree to abide by Dr. Watkins’s advice

Adam puts the pills back in Jack’s desk
Neil takes back his resignation
Jack prepares a press conference to deny the drug allegations
Neil and Jack discuss the article
Jack denies his addiction
Neil calls Jack out on his obvious lie
Jack refuses to try a 12 step recovery program
Kyle and Adam listen as Jack promises to make Jabot a Newman subsidiary
Jack’s peace offering is rejected

Leslie warns Tyler about his lady killing habits
Cane turns down Tyler’s graffiti idea
Tyler and Cane spar over Lily and Jabot

Chelsea bemoans her lousy karma
Chloe suggests that Sharon deserves bad karma, not Chelsea

Nick promises Sharon that she’s getting better

Phyllis asks Avery to come for Christmas
Avery sees the card Jamie gave Summer
Summer tells Avery about Fen and Jamie
Phyllis watches Summer confide in Avery
Summer says that she would rather have Avery’s advice than her mother’s
Hurt, Phyllis goads Avery about her divorce
Avery hides her discomfiture
Nick and Avery meet up for their own Christmas celebration
Lovemaking ensues after the gift exchange Nick finds a pair of dog tags
Avery notices that Nick is distracted
Nick lies and says he’s worried about putting Faith’s toys together
Sharon and Nick spend Christmas morning together with their children
Summer asks Avery to come to Phyllis’s
Phyllis can’t keep herself from digging further into Avery’s divorce
Avery finds herself getting angry
Alone, Avery sadly reflects on the dog tags

Summer walks downstairs and inadvertently catches Noah with the bag of money
Noah is shocked to see Summer standing there
Summer wonders why Noah is hiding so much money
Noah’s guilty reaction makes Summer curious

John Abbott’s spirit is felt at Christmas
Jack hits an all time low

Nikki and Victor share a special Christmas gift exchange

Adam reaches out to Chelsea

Billy pays Adam and Chelsea a visit
Adam warns Billy to back off

Cane is bitten by the green monster of jealousy
Tyler charms Lily

Neil and Leslie get passionate

Chloe and Kevin hunt for the missing money

Tucker does his best Santa impression
Jill and Kay are surprised by Tucker’s Christmas spirit

Kyle is paid a visit by his friend Kieran

The Abbotts attempt an intervention on Jack’s behalf

Victoria asks Avery about Nick

Sharon and Victor run into one another

Sharon tells Adam they cannot be together as she loses herself when with him and that cannot happen again
Nick and Avery both tell Phyllis to quit staking her claim on Nick, it is over and they are serious bout each other
Adam has a dream of a happy family with Chelsea, asks her to come over first she refuses but then shows up
The Baldwins have a bad Christmas get together - confrontation with Fen, Kevin fights with Chloe and Michael
Sharon spends the rest of the day with her kids and Nick. Sharon tells Nick she wants to start working again
Jack is unable to fight his addiction, when his doctor won't help him he decides to call Kyle's friend who sells drugs!

Next - Neil invites Tyler to join him, Cane and Lily ; Michael meets Alex ;

Adam and Chelsea spend the day together. He gifts her with a book, Images of the Childhood You Wished you Had. He was hoping the book might be symbolic of any future they still have together. He asks her if he gets to open his present, something he found, she doesn't want him to open it, he does anyway, cuff links with Emerald birthstone, for May, when the baby was due. Adam says, our son, he breaks down. They talk about how next Christmas would have been like with their "son". He tells her he felt like he could fix things with Sharon, he couldn't fix things with Chels. Sharon lost her baby because of him but he assures Chels she is not a threat to them. Chels asked him if Sharon rejected him, she gets upset and says you want me because you can't have her and asks if Sharon had of taken him back, would she be standing there right now? She leaves. Later she tells Chloe she's coming into some money.

At the Newmans, Victor wants to know Billy's plans once he sells RS, from his experience, he thinks one has to keep themselves busy, have a plan. Billy tells Vicky he's going to take the boys home, Vicky says she'll go with. Nikki is disappointed, she wanted to talk about the wedding. Billy convinces her to stay. After he leaves, Vicky asks Victor what he did. Victor says they only talked about Billy's future plans. Vicky gets upset, wonders if he brought up Billy's drinking and gambling problems. Victor denies it and thinks she's over reacting. She tells him she convinced Billy to come over because it will be ok, she was wrong.

Later Victor tells Nikki he's committed to making Billy part of the family, it's hard but he's trying. He tells Nikki next time they have a part where Billy comes, she can write the lines for him. He promises Nikki he'll make the biggest effort.

Chloe wants to know what Kevin is working on. She wants to know how illegal his plan is. Alex comes in, Kev asks if he's making progress on his case. Chloe wants to know who Alex is and if what ever Alex is about has anything to do with his plan. Kevin tells her Alex is looking for Noah and Adriana and some missing money. Kevin tells Chloe he's going to start looking for the missing money, half a mil. Michael comes in, he's happy that things are better. He asks them to bring Delia over at another stab at the holidays. Michael confronts them about the convo he over heard of theirs, they tell him about Alex looking for Noah. Michael introduces himself to Alex as the GC DA, he wants to know why he's there and what he wants with Noah. He tells Michael he's looking for someone and Noah Newman knew her in NY.

Later, Chloe finds out there is a reward for the missing money and they won't go to jail. Kev says they'll follow Alex where ever he goes

Lily, Cane and Neil together at GCAC, Tyler comes in, Neil invites him to join them, Tyler accepts. Tyler tells Neil he did his homework, his work and education history and his love for Jazz. He flirts with Lily a little, Cane notices. Later Cane tells Lily, "you know he has a crush on you" Lily says it's cute he's jealous but he has nothing to worry about. Cane says he knows that but does Tyler.

Chancellor Mansion. Jolly ole St Tuck surprises Jill and Kay, he asks Kay if they could put their differences aside and enjoy this one day. He gifts Kay and Jill with tickets to Tchaikovsky. Kay thanks him and tells him she doesn't have a gift for him. He asks if they can have dinner later in the week, just the two of them. Kay accepts. Cane and Lily stop by, Jill lets it slip that Kay fainted, she says it was low blood sugar, Cane wants to know if it was stress while he looks at Tucker. Kay says no one has to worry about her, she's fine. Cane finds out kay and Tucker are having dinner together, Cane wants to know why. Tucker asks Jill why she didn't tell him about Kay's health, she tells him Kay has to cut down on her stress level.

At home, Vicky apologizes to Billy. He tells her next time I say, lets go to Jamaica for the holidays.... She tells him she'll have her bags packed and ready.

Jamie comes to CL, Michael sees him with a black eye. Jamie says he got it from one of his room mates, please get him out of the group home. Michael says he's not going back there, he's going home with him.

Victor goes to Adam's, he brought him a present, Adam invites him in. He gifts Adam with tequila, the same tequila used to burn the house down and a pill bottle. Victor says he can use one to redeem himself of the other. Adam asks what he deserves if he does what he wants, Victor asks if he wants a pay off. Adam says no, you've answered my question, it's clear how you see me. Adam says thanks but no thanks and gives the gift back.

Next
Phyllis, Kyle, Billy and Vicky plan an intervention for Jack
Jack buys illegal pills
Nick shows Avery a poster for the underground

Source: SOC

Jack's symptoms begin to increase and worsen

Sharon makes a final decision about taking a job at Newman Enterprises

Adriana asks Noah for help

Billy informs Victoria that he has accepted Jack's offer to work at Newman Enterprises

Kevin tells Chloe all his plans for the stolen cash

Please tell me they are not killing off Katherine! I mean Jill Faren Phelps nearly destroyed GH by killing off most of the Quartermaines, is she now doing the same with Y&R?

Sorry, but I don't like all the "teeny-bopper" stuff on Y&R and how they have ruined Sharon and how they can't figure out how to use some really good actors/ actresses (i.e., Stephen Nichols). How can I invest in the "flavor of the day" teeny-bopper issue when they change the actor/actress who is playing the character so often! I mean, how many Summers and Noahs have there been (including the babies through the "magically aged" ones?

I like the tried and true characters! (And don't even get me started on killing off Stephanie on B&B -- I've quit watching the Liam/Steffy/Hope loop...ugh!)

Karen

I feel the same way! :rolleyes2

Jack buys pills from Kyle's buddy, he later runs into Victor at GCAC. Victor brings up Jack's "infomercial" Jack tells Victor that Adam has told him about his plan to unseat him at NE. Victor tells him he doesn't need Adam, Jack is doing a hell of a job losing NE all by himself. Nick shows up, he and Jack exchange barbs, Nick tells Jack he's lucky he's recovering from back surgery. J

Kyle recruits Billy and Phyllis to stage an intervention with Jack. They agree they need someone else who knows Jack and has been through the same thing. They call on Neil. Jack goes home to find them all there. He's angry, defensive and in denial. Phyllis tells him not to ask her to watch him medicate himself to death. Neil shares his experiences with his alcoholism. Kyle pleads for him not to end up like his mother. Billy tells him he needs his big brother back. Jack becomes irate, fires Neil and Phyllis and kicks them all out, he doesn't want to see any of their faces anymore

Alone, Nick tells Victor he has his own life to lead. Victor tells him that includes being a responsible father, he over heard Faith talking about Sharon taking her on a surprise trip. He's very worried about his grandchildren. Nick tells him if he's concerned, he has to let up on Sharon. Victor tells him he's trying to protect his family, Nick tells him that's his family and to trust him to lead his own life. Victor tells him he has to show him he can live his life in accordance with reason, he's lead by his heart. Nick tells him he can see the good in people, Victor is only happy when they fail.

Alex talks to Noah, Noah wants to know what Alex wants from him, Alex says Adriana got herself mixed up in something bad and Noah is mixed up in it too. Sharon comes over and interrupts, Alex introduces himself and leaves. Sharon wants to know what's going on, Noah tells her about Adriana and their relationship. He assures her that he no longer has contact with Adriana and everything is fine. Later she tells Nick and Noah she's making plans, she's meeting with Neil about becoming the face of Jabot again. Nick asks if she's ready for all the travel and photo shoots. Sharon says she's ready for this.

Vicky runs into Avery at CL. Vicky tells Avery she hopes she's with Nick because she cares about him and not because she's trying to stick it to Phyllis. Avery talks about how different her life is now that she's with Nick, Vicky says it sounds like she's falling in love.

Sharon meets with Cane because Neil is busy. Cane tells her he knows about her experience at Jabot and that she set the bar high but they have an issue with her tenure as CEO of NE. She tells him she was going through a tough time personally but it's all behind her. She says she believes she has something valuable to offer if they give her the chance. Cane says he'll talk with Neil and see what he can do.

As Sharon is leaving, she runs into Victor. She tells him she's glad she ran into him, she wants to apologize for interrupting the housewarming. She asks if she can explain what she's been going through. He tells her he doesn't give a damn and to consider herelf lucky he's preoccupied with more important things. She tells him Adam told her about his plans, he tells her Adam won't be able to protect her from arson charges because he's only interested in protecting himself

Billy talks to Vicky about the intervention, she tells him she loves him for what he did and deep down, Jack loves him too

Phyllis, Kyle and Neil discuss the intervention, Neil says Jack has left himself vulnerable, Kyle is worried he'll lose it all, Phyllis says that's what it might take for Jack to realize he has a problem. Neil says ever addict has a rock bottom, Jack isn't there yet.

Alone, Jack pops more pills then calls Adam to get over there

An investigator tells Victor there is no proof that Adam hired anyone to set the fires. Victor tells him it's time to shift focus, he has a new job for him.

Next

Tyler to Lily "I'm sure I'm missing something about Cane but I'm sure I know you"
Kay to Tucker "If you really want to kiss and make you, then you won't mind if he joins us for dinner" she points to Victor
Jack to Adam "Victor says you hadn't chosen a side yet, you just did didn't you?"

Source: SOC

At Nick’s house Jamie informs Summer that he’s planning to leave town. He feels there is no one for him to lean on top of the bullying. He suggests that Summer come with him and she’s shocked. Summer realizes Jamie is going through the same thing she has in wanting to run. She tells him not to leave and he has other options. Summer hugs him in an “I’m here for you buddy” kind of way,” King explains. Upon the hug Fen arrives and witnesses it. She tells him it did not mean anything but Fen doesn't want to listen. He thinks it was more than friendship. He gets mad and tells Jamie that Summer is really Britini, the girl who started harassing him. This leaves Jamie devastated and horrified.

In the Jan. 7th issue of Soap Opera Digest it features an article entitled "Y&R’s Chelsea Makes a Desperate Plea."

Starts by saying, With her marriage in shambles, Chelsea decides to go out for New Years. She fixes herself up and goes out for a night out on the town. While out, she meets Alex and they flirt with each other. It isn't long before Chelsea get nervous and puts an end to the flirtation and bolts.

Chelsea returns home and Adam is waiting for her in a tuxedo, with a candlelight dinner. Adam asks Chelsea for another chance. She says yes if only they can leave Genoa City, Adam agrees. MCE says “it’s a good night for Chadam,” since they reunited before midnight.

Meanwhile, Jack is on a pill and liquor bender and wakes up the next morning with a strange woman. He later summons Adam and Phyllis and admits he needs help. They all agree to lie that Jack has had a heart attack to cover for his stay in rehab.

Chelsea informs Chloe of she and Adam’s plans and Chloe advises her against it, tells her she’ll get her heartbroken again. MCE is quoted saying: “Chloe is being the voice of reason,” but she believes Adam this time. That is until he announces that they can’t move because he might have to run Newman Enterprises during Jack’s absence. It disappoints her and she tells Adam if he loves her more than Sharon and Newman he will leave with her.

Short recap

Jack refuses to listen to Adam so Adam is fired too

Victor tries to get Tucker on his side to get back Newman

Daniel tells Kevin he, Lucy and Heather are moving to Georgia

Neil puts Cane in charge of Jabot now that he no longer has a job

Kyle tells Jack his sisters won't help him until he helps himself

Kyle leaves Jack, he is moving out as he can't see him like this

Victor tells Adam their deal is now null and void, he doesn't need him

Cane tells Tyler that Jabot no longer needs him, he is fired

Neil asks Leslie out on a date now that they no longer work together

Daniel warns Kevin not to get Noah in trouble for some money scheme

Adam is dismayed to hear that Jack fired Neil, Phyllis and Kyle
Jacks asks if he can trust Adam
Adam tells Jack that he refused to play ball with Victor
Jack refuses to take Adam’s advice and go to rehab
Adam is fired

Kyle calls Ashley

Neil tells Cane that he’s the CEO now
Leslie offers to look at Neil’s contract
Neil refuses to reveal the truth about Jack’s addiction
Cane wonders if it was an intervention
Victor grills Tucker about Jack’s problem

Tucker worries about Adam’s influence at the company
Victor offers to buy Tucker’s shares
Katherine encourages Tucker to sell in order to make up for everything he did to Victor
Tucker puts the issue off until after the holidays
Katherine offers to re-evaluate her relationship with Tucker if Tucker makes things right with Devon

Jack tells Adam about the intervention
Adam warns Jack about Victor’s intention

Kevin is surprised to see Daniel
Daniel tells Kevin that he’s moving to Savannah to reboot his art career
Heather is moving to Georgia, too

Chelsea decides to celebrate New Year’s Eve as a single lady
Alex likes what he sees and buys Chelsea a drink
Chelsea enjoys the flirtation until loving memories of her husband intrude
Alex finds himself abandoned
Chelsea finds a surprise waiting for her at home
Adam’s romantic dinner touches Chelsea
Chelsea agrees to reconcile on one condition
Adam agrees to leave Genoa City
Chelsea and Adam celebrate their love as midnight strikes

A strange bedfellow shocks a pill and booze addled Jack
Jack calls Phyllis and Adam for help
Adam performs emergency damage control
The trio decides to tell the world Jack has had a heart attack
Jack agrees to rehab

Chloe warns Chelsea not to trust Adam again
Chelsea’s confidence is shaken when Adam tells her Jack needs him to stay at Newman
Chelsea gives Adam an ultimatum

Nick sets up a perfect New Year’s Eve for Avery

Victoria makes a surprising declaration to Billy

Chloe’s success thrills Kevin
Kevin and Chloe revel in their beautiful pile of money

Jack’s shocking behavior leads to an argument with Victor

Leslie provokes Neil into an accidental revelation
Neil tells Leslie that he’s a recovering alcoholic
Neil’s position as Jabot CEO makes things difficult for his relationship with Leslie

Daniel and Phyllis say their sad goodbyes
Phyllis gets one last cuddle with her granddaughter

Jamie tells Summer that he’s leaving Genoa City
Summer is shocked when Jamie asks her to go with him
Jamie gets a hug from Summer just as Fen arrives
Summer tries to explain
Fen furiously reveals that Summer is Brittni
Summer is devastated
Jamie runs out
Michael worries about the ramifications of Summer and Fen’s blow up

Alex introduces himself to Nick

Seductive, manipulative Adriana arrives in Genoa City
Noah is greeted with a kiss

Victor uses his power to pressure Mason into betraying Jack

Happy New Year DISers!

Fen outs Summer to Jamie revealing her to be his cyber bully

Daniel tells Phyllis he and Lucy are leaving GC, moving to Georgia

Jack is a jerk to Phyllis, hooks up with some strange woman

Chelsea flirts with Alex then bolts, she and Adam get back together

Next - Daniel talks to Noah ; Jack with the woman passed out on his floor calls someone for help

The woman Jack was with OD'd on his floor, he calls Adam for help. Adam has Jack call 911 faking a heart attack, woman is taken away. Adam says this was Victor's doing, Jack now needs to go to rehab or else ...
Kevin backs out of going after Noah but Chloe does not, much to Kevin's shock Chloe returns with the money she stole from the tack house. Kevin freaks out while Chloe is celebrating
Daniel wants Phyllis to come with him, Phyllis asks Avery to keep an eye on Summer but not to steal her life. Phyllis then hears about Jack, goes to see him and he tells her he needs help with his addiction
Adam tells Chelsea they cannot leave, he needs to run Newman in Jack's absence. Chelsea accuses him of being a liar and tells him to choose her over business, he should leave it all for her

Next - Phyllis asks Daniel if he can keep a secret ; Tyler asks Lily if she is ok ; Looks like Victor asks Victoria something

Honney, hope you are doing OK.
Didn't realize the old thread had closed and was wondering what had happened. Glad I found you again!!
I have missed many episodes. Now have to go back and catch up via the thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter