The Young and The Restless .. Take 4 .. Spoilers Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Noah was going to turn out to be the gay character.
All I know is I am not watching the show just to see a bunch of 20 somethings wander around. If TPTB choose to ignore the core of the show and focus just on the younger viewers (who, by the way, don't watch soaps much anyway as they'd rather watch the Kardashians and Honey Boo Boo or any other "reality" show on celebs) this is the beginning of the end for them I am afraid.
Sad to see it come to this. Waiting for the Phyllis show to wrap up and see what becomes of Jack/Victor and the war for Newman.

In the Sept 24th issue of SOD, it features an article entitled "Paul's Last Hope". It begins with Paul learning Daisy is alive. Paul is happy because she can confirm just how crazy Ricky really was. However, because Daisy overdosed, she is comatose. This doesn't stop Avery from subpoenaing her though. In case Daisy does not make it, her last words can be used in the trial. When it doesn't seem Daisy is getting better, Lauren decides to come clean to Avery. Paul forbids Avery to use any of the confession. He doesn't want Lauren to get in trouble with the law. Christine shows up unexpectedly and offers a solution that may help Paul. For more pick up the latest issue of Soap Opera Digest.

FIRED!
Genie Francis (GenV)
Stephen Nichols (Tucker)
Darnell Williams (Sarge)
Julia Pace Mitchell (Sofia)
Debbie Morgan (Yolanda)

Vets to be backburned:
Doug Davidson (Paul)
Peter Bergman (Jack)
Tracey Bregman (Lauren)
Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki)
Eric Braden (Victor)
Jeanne Cooper (Katherine)

Yep, this show is doomed. If they don't get the old vets back in the spotlight soon, I'm going to stop watching. I'm tired of seeing these teens/young adults sucking up all the airtime. Why are they trying to cater to the teens? Shouldn't these teens be in school when this show is being aired, anyway. I don't know what time the show airs in your neck of the woods, but around here it comes on at 12:30pm, when school is still in session. Let's get back to the reason people started watching this show: Victor, Nikki, Katherine (what happened to Murphy?), Paul, Jack, etc. I'm happy to see Yolanda leaving because she gets on my last nerve. How about getting rid of Summer and Fen, cut back on Phyllis, please, give us some more Lauren, and bring back the REAL Sheila.

Sharon tells Nick & Victoria she’s confident the judge will rule in her favour.
Avery arrives and tells them the judge is ready to give his ruling.
Avery says .. Sharon’s medical information is private .. so .. only Sharon & the lawyers are allowed in the Court room.
Sharon tells Victoria she can fill in time by packing up her stuff.
Billy arrives & tells Nick & Victoria he thinks he understands Sharon’s behaviour.
Billy says he knows what it’s like to be pushed to the edge by Victor.
He says it can make you so p*ssed off .. you do things you wouldn’t normally do.

At Crimson Lights .. a messenger delivers Tucker’s Final Divorce Decree.
He’s down in the dumps & calls Ashley.
Ashley doesn’t pick up .. so .. he leaves a message.
Sharon calls Tucker & Tucker tells her to remain confident.
Sharon tells Tucker she’ll call him the minute the judge rules.
Devon arrives & Tucker “sings him a sad song”.
Devon wants to cheer him up .. so .. he suggests they go to a movie.
Tucker says thanks-but-no thanks .. he’s waiting for a business call.

Ronan tells Michael that Daisy’s at Fairview under an assumed name.
Michael learns Daisy is in a coma.
Ronan says Daisy being alive disproves Paul’s story.
They wonder if Daisy was running from Ricky .. or .. the law.

At Jimmy’s Bar .. Paul tells Nina .. if a jury saw Ricky’s video .. they’d find him guilty.
Michael & Ronan arrive .. update Paul .. and ask him to recount the events that led to the shooting.
Paul is adamant that Ricky said he killed Daisy.

Paul goes to Fairview to see if he can find someone Daisy confided in.
Paul speaks to a worker .. but .. the worker says he’d lose his job if he spoke to Paul.

At the GCAC .. Nikki suggests to Billy that it’s probably a relief for him to have Victor gone.
Nikki wants Billy to show Victor’s picture on his RS show & provide a Tip Line number.
Billy says the producers call the shots .. but he’ll pass the idea along to them.
Jack arrives & Billy leaves.

Nikki wants to talk to Jack about their divorce.
Nikki denies she’s chasing after Victor & says she just wants to make sure he’s okay.
Jack throws Nikki’s words back in her face & says he’s made his choice.
Jack says he’s seen this show before & knows how it ends.

Gen call Tucker & tells him Victor isn’t safe where he is.
Tucker says Victor can take care of himself & to wait until NE stock crashes before bringing him home.
Gen says Victor is an asset he needs to protect .. Tucker says there are a lot of people who can run NE.
Billy calls Gen & says they can’t delay Victor’s return much longer .. or .. he’s in danger of losing his family.

When she takes lunch to Victor .. Sister Celeste is injured by a forklift.
Victor says it wasn’t an accident.
Gen tells Victor he has the right to risk his own life .. but .. not Sister Celeste’s.
Victor decides to move on.

At the Cop Shop .. Nina begs Ronan not to stop doing his job .. but .. to look beyond the evidence.

The ruling comes in.
Sharon is reinstated as CEO.
Tucker & Jack gleefully watch as NE stock shares crash.

Preview:

Heather to Daniel: You’re thinking that far in the future ?
Daniel: I’m kinda crazy about you.

Nick: Just know I love you too, okay.
Summer: You’re moving out. Aren't you ?

Lauren to Paul: You never would have shot your son if it wasn’t for me.
Avery: What are you talking about ?

Source: SOC

Monday September 17:
Sharon, Nick, and Vikki get word that the judge is ready to rule on Sharon, and the Newman siblings aren't allowed to sit in.

Ronan and Michael learn Daisy is alive and in a coma following an overdose. They speculate on what this means for Paul.

Nikki appeals to Billy for help finding Victor.

Jack turns Nikki down when she asks him to stop the divorce.

Genevieve tells 'Christian' enough is enough when the nun is attacked with a forklift. Christian decides he'll move on.

Tucker receives comfort from Devon when his divorce decree arrives.

Paul decides to visit Fairview after Ronan and Michael tell him and Nina about Daisy.

Nina appeals to Ronan to follow his gut in Paul's case. He agrees. They share a 'moment'.

Sharon is reinstated at Newman and starts putting Vikki's things in the wastebasket.

Jack delights in the dropping price of Newman shares following Sharon's reinstatement.

Tuesday September 18:

Heather asks Daniel, "You're thinking that far in the future?" He replies, "I'm kinda crazy about you."

Nick tells Summer he loves her. She says, "You're moving out aren't you."

Lauren says to Paul, "You never would have shot your son if it weren't for me." Avery asks, "What are you talking about?"

Lauren comes clean.

Daisy's return to Genoa City.

Wednesday September 19:

Phyllis and Christine get into a huge argument.

Secrets have consequences for Billy's family.

Thursday September 20:

Paul receives assistance from someone unexpected.

Ronan faces a confrontation regarding his 'affair' with Phyllis.

Friday September 21:

Victor and Nikki reconnect courtesy of Billy.

Sharon is manipulated by Tucker.

I use to watch every minute of this show but these days find myself Ff more and more with all the teens boring stories.

What the heck was Daisy thinking...really??? could she just not fake bad pain or something...did she really think that taken all those pills was a good idea...UGH! the writers need their heads examined...lets move on from Paul's story already...cant take another day of his sad face.

Kevin and Michael still make me laugh....the way they handle things and their faces when they do it are priceless...

Why are they gutting this show? really! And did I see or misunderstand that someone else will be playing Victor?

And Sharon cant see that her being there is destroying the company? is her ego that big? or is it this so called brain tumor? Also how did Victor get insomnia? I missed that part.

And he has his heart transplant medication but what about his medication for his epilepsy....or are we just not supposed to remember that?

I think they want to end this show but will do it slowly by loosing more and more viewers....I think they are done doing this show and they want to move on....the network that is not the actors.....

How is B&TB doing are they doing the same thing to that show?:confused3

While most of the late-breaking casting news out of Genoa City has had women exiting stage left. I'm hearing two dudes are thisclose to making good on long-rumored plans to leave The Young and the Restless. Both Billy Miller (Billy) and Michael Graziadei (Daniel) have decided not to renew their contracts, according to multiple sources.
"These guys made their decisions to leave before Jill [Farren Phelps] and Josh [Griffith] came onboard," says one setsider. "This isn't part of the bloodbath."

The two popular actors have been booking a slew of gigs in primetime in recent years. Daytime Emmy winner Miller, who has played Abbott bad boy Billy since 2008, had an integral role in The CW's short-lived Sarah Michelle Gellar vehicle Ringer. He also starred in the recent, high profile Lifetime movie Fatal Honeymoon.

Graziadei, who reportedly only signed a six-month extension of his last contract at Y&R, appeared in recurring roles on both The CW's The Secret Circle and FX's American Horror Story. He has been playing the role of Phyllis Summers' (Michelle Stafford) son Daniel on Y&R since 2004.

I'm hearing yet another The Young and the Restless actress is on the chopping block as we head into the weekend. Jennifer Landon, the third actress to play the role of Paul Williams' (Doug Davidson) daughter Heather, is set to be let go from the CBS Daytime series, according to sources.

The multiple Daytime Emmy winner only joined Y&R last May. Vail Bloom (2007-10) and Eden Riegel (2010-11) previously played the role. Landon, daughter of the late Bonanza, Little House on the Prairie and Highway to Heaven actor Michael Landon, first shot to soapy fame as Carly's (Maura West) half sister Gwen on As The World Turns. SOD is confirming that this is true!

I wouldn't be devastated to see Daniel leave. He's growing his hair out again blah
Billy's character is nothing big and to be honest after all this time hearing the chatter of him leaving I'm ready for him to go!
If we could be lucky enough for Victoria to leave to and a recast that would be great. I'm not a fan.
I love Y&R I've watched since I was a baby. Victor, Nicholas, Michael, Kevin, Adam and Sharon are my favorites!

Nick and Summer both fed up of Phyllis decide to move out and live at the tackhouse, her pleas fall on deaf ears

Kevin, Adam, Chloe and Chelsea bicker. Their venture begins to fall apart, they can't seem to stand each other

Daniel learns Daisy is alive, in a coma. He goes to see her then assures Heather that this won't affect their relationship

Avery learns the gun used to shoot Ricky belonged to Lauren, she wants to use this in court but Paul is against this

Next - Victoria and Nick try to tell Sharon about Tucker ; Genevieve tells Billy that Victor left last night ; Christine is back to help Paul

While most of the late-breaking casting news out of Genoa City has had women exiting stage left. I'm hearing two dudes are thisclose to making good on long-rumored plans to leave The Young and the Restless. Both Billy Miller (Billy) and Michael Graziadei (Daniel) have decided not to renew their contracts, according to multiple sources.
"These guys made their decisions to leave before Jill [Farren Phelps] and Josh [Griffith] came onboard," says one setsider. "This isn't part of the bloodbath."

The two popular actors have been booking a slew of gigs in primetime in recent years. Daytime Emmy winner Miller, who has played Abbott bad boy Billy since 2008, had an integral role in The CW's short-lived Sarah Michelle Gellar vehicle Ringer. He also starred in the recent, high profile Lifetime movie Fatal Honeymoon.

Graziadei, who reportedly only signed a six-month extension of his last contract at Y&R, appeared in recurring roles on both The CW's The Secret Circle and FX's American Horror Story. He has been playing the role of Phyllis Summers' (Michelle Stafford) son Daniel on Y&R since 2004.

I'm hearing yet another The Young and the Restless actress is on the chopping block as we head into the weekend. Jennifer Landon, the third actress to play the role of Paul Williams' (Doug Davidson) daughter Heather, is set to be let go from the CBS Daytime series, according to sources.

The multiple Daytime Emmy winner only joined Y&R last May. Vail Bloom (2007-10) and Eden Riegel (2010-11) previously played the role. Landon, daughter of the late Bonanza, Little House on the Prairie and Highway to Heaven actor Michael Landon, first shot to soapy fame as Carly's (Maura West) half sister Gwen on As The World Turns. SOD is confirming that this is true!

I'm not surprised about Billy Miller since he just took a leave to do a movie.

I have mixed feelings about Michael G. leaving since he has been playing the role for so long. I hope they recast it.

Not surprised about Jennifer Landon. I just can't get behind her on this role :confused3 I really would like to see Vail Bloom back in it.

Again, I still think a lot of this is banter to get the message boards up and talking to see who the fans want and don't want. Not to mention to help in contract negotiations (for both sides depending on said banter.)

She released this statement this afternoon

“I return on Oct 5 and will be there for 4-6 weeks! It’s a great story.”

Can we expect Tristan Rogers (Colin) back, too? Stay tuned!

Phyllis and Christine exchange insults with Christine feeling Phyllis is getting exactly what she deserves with her family walking out on her

Sharon wants to fire Nick and Victoria but can't without the board, they try to warn her about Tucker. Sharon confronts him, he plays her

Kevin and Phyllis face off when she's relieved his sister is in a coma. Kevin then gets dragged in another secret, Billy tells him about Victor

Kevin goes to see Daisy who starts to wake up but he can't talk to her. Kevin asks Paul and Avery to leave his sister alone but Paul can't

Next - Paul is deseperate, hoping Daisy can prove his case ; More of Phyllis and Ronan ; Billy and Genevieve talking about Victor

Sharon tells Vicky and Nick if they care about NE then prove it by praising her to the press and being a united front. Nick and Vicky reluctantly do that. Nick tells Vicky Sharon will get her's, from their dad when he gets back and they will just sit back and watch. Billy wants to earn Victor's trust by telling him he can help him by writing a story on the conditions in the workplace but Victor tells him he doesn't need his help. Victor is being setup and lured to this meeting place, Billysays he is going to tell Victor he is a billionaire before he does something stupid and gets himself killed. Billy turns around and sees that Victor is gone.

Christine helps Paul get into fairview, he goes to see Patty for help. Patty distracts the doctors so Paul can get into see Daisy. Daisy tells him Ricky tried to kill her, he chased her down a hill and she played dead. She walked and saw this place and checked herself in under a fake name. Paul asked her why Ricky wanted to kill her and she said because she sas the video of him killing his girlfriend.

Vicky tells Nick what's with him and his chose of Women. Nick sees Ronan&Phyllis talking at Crimson lights and she says they just ran into eachother there. Nick thanks Ronan for his help with Summer and leaves. Michael tells Heather that Phyllis's trial date has been moved up. Heather is confident she will get a conviction because Phyllis is guilty. Heather tells Christine about Ronan's Alibi for Phyllis. Michael goes to see Phyllis and tells her about the date being moved up and it's because a defendant pleaded guilty and he suggest Phyllis do the samething. Phyllis says she can't do that, she has to be there for her family. Michael reminds her that her family left, Phyllis says they are just on a break. Michael tells Phyllis to come clean with her Leslie so she is not blindsided in court. She tells Leslie that Ronan's alibi is fake and that she thinks he will protect her.

Christine scolds Ronan about his affair with Phyllis and threatens to report him. Michael walks in and she scolds him also. Michael tells her he has questions of his own about Ronan's alibi. Christine tells Ronan she wants him booted off the case, he looks at Michael and she tells him not to look at him, he can't help him. Ronan says " ok I am off the case"

Preview

Paul asks Daisy if she's willing to testify

Nick and Victoria tells Nikki about Sharon's latest NE demands

Billy puts the bad guy at the bar in a headlock demanding he tells him where Victor is

Why is Christine even involved in the case to start with????

She is a victim of phylis' hit and run. She has no business being involved in any aspect except as a witness

Gees. So stupid that she's pulling strings

Why is Christine even involved in the case to start with????

She is a victim of phylis' hit and run. She has no business being involved in any aspect except as a witness

Gees. So stupid that she's pulling strings

When she was Cricket in the photo studio, I used to love the character. Now whenever she shows up I'm just sighing because she is so condescending and annoying.

Her and Danny used to be such a nice, hot couple. Now they are the annoying btch with the pathetic guy. :sad2:

Lindsay Bushman Out as Young and Restless' Summer Newman

Lindsay Bushman, who has been portraying Nick (Joshua Morrow) and Phyllis' (Michelle Stafford) annoying daughter Summer for a few months, has been let go. The role will be recast.

'Young and the Restless' scoop: Eric Braeden signs new deal -- EXCLUSIVE

Genoa City may be losing some attractive denizens (Goodbye Genie Francis! Farewell, Marcy Rylan!) but at least one longtime resident will continue holding court at the Athletic Club. Eric Braeden — aka Victor Newman to his fans, and The Mustache to his enemies — has signed a new deal with Y&R’s production company Sony TV that will keep him on the sudser for years to come.

“Very glad we got the negotiations successfully behind us,” Braeden said in a statement (which could certainly double as a terse little tweet). Terms of his multi-year deal were not released.

Braeden’s new contract should come as good news to fans who may be worried about new head writer Jill Farren Phelps and how many roles she will cut to save the soap some cash. Earlier this month, she made the decision to bid farewell to Francis, who has played Genevieve Atkinson since May 2011. Rylan, aka Abby Newman, is also out the door.

More changes could be on the horizon.

“I’m going into Y&R not with a hatchet but with a scalpel in order to make it function as a more economical show,” Phelps told TV Guide earlier this month. “We have a cast of really wonderful actors but, at the end of the day, we need to look at the entire canvas and decide who is catching fire with the audience. And where can we create fire where there isn’t any?”

This appeared to be a rather uneventful renegotiation between Sony and Braeden, who has been on the show since 1980. In September of 2010, Braeden walked off the set of the soap after contract talks blew up with Sony. The production company wanted the actor to take a pay cut but he opted to leave, instead. Both parties made nice a month later.

Lindsay Bushman Out as Young and Restless' Summer Newman

Lindsay Bushman, who has been portraying Nick (Joshua Morrow) and Phyllis' (Michelle Stafford) annoying daughter Summer for a few months, has been let go. The role will be recast.

Fine with me! ::yes::

'Young and the Restless' scoop: Eric Braeden signs new deal -- EXCLUSIVE

Genoa City may be losing some attractive denizens (Goodbye Genie Francis! Farewell, Marcy Rylan!) but at least one longtime resident will continue holding court at the Athletic Club. Eric Braeden — aka Victor Newman to his fans, and The Mustache to his enemies — has signed a new deal with Y&R’s production company Sony TV that will keep him on the sudser for years to come.

“Very glad we got the negotiations successfully behind us,” Braeden said in a statement (which could certainly double as a terse little tweet). Terms of his multi-year deal were not released.

Braeden’s new contract should come as good news to fans who may be worried about new head writer Jill Farren Phelps and how many roles she will cut to save the soap some cash. Earlier this month, she made the decision to bid farewell to Francis, who has played Genevieve Atkinson since May 2011. Rylan, aka Abby Newman, is also out the door.

More changes could be on the horizon.

“I’m going into Y&R not with a hatchet but with a scalpel in order to make it function as a more economical show,” Phelps told TV Guide earlier this month. “We have a cast of really wonderful actors but, at the end of the day, we need to look at the entire canvas and decide who is catching fire with the audience. And where can we create fire where there isn’t any?”

This appeared to be a rather uneventful renegotiation between Sony and Braeden, who has been on the show since 1980. In September of 2010, Braeden walked off the set of the soap after contract talks blew up with Sony. The production company wanted the actor to take a pay cut but he opted to leave, instead. Both parties made nice a month later.

Glad to hear about this! :thumbsup2

And looking forward to Jill's return (and hopefully Colin as well)

I do not like Summer. Maybe they ought to anti-soras her and take her back to 6. Kid actors are maybe cheaper.

Sorry to see Abby leave. But hated Carmine so hopefully he disappears with her.

New Heather never made any sense to me. They ought to have tried for a similar look between the 3 playing the same character.

And bring back Phyllis' red hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter