The "World" May Never Be The Same! *We're back!* *new 8/24*

I agree that Disney brings out the best in people! What a very sweet thing that Belle did!!! Will you be giving clues as to when you are going closer to the day?? Do the kids know? We are going August 29-September 7 this year. Staying at Pop again and planning on attending the glow party this time around:goodvibes

Hey Annie, I am not sure about revealing the details.....so much is still up in the air that I am trying to not get excited about it. The kids don't know.....too much going on between now and then.....when is the Glow Party this year?

Jeeeesh! That story about your girls! Just shows what a good mommy they have.

Thanks Goofyluver!

Glad to find those little moments to check in with my DISbuds! :cool1: Ahhh, so I'm not the only one to do the Chinese character thing - cool that there are some things we can do for our uniquely-named wee ones :D

I'm sure you will remember it always - such a warm, loving moment between the two of them :lovestruc

Here here! Happy Belated B-Day to you Sarah!

Oh, and I officially beat you TR-wise ...just have final thoughts left to do. Stop on by if you have a sec ;)

Thanks Mike. Yes, you beat me by a long shot! I am going to try to have the next chapter up some time today. No promises but I am going to try! I haven't been online for awhile but I'll try to pop by your thread in a bit.....need to get the kids moving towards school soon.....a week left and we are all dragging....

Hello, just a lurker here! :cool1:

I just wanted to write a note saying that this is one of the most enjoyable TRs I've read! I love the pictures and it's getting me excited for my own trip :yay:
Please keep it up! I'll be reading! :surfweb:

(and your family is beautiful!)

Thank you so much kizuna! So nice to hear that you have been enjoying my trip report. I have been enjoying reliving it! The next chapter should be up soon!

Those pictures are wonderful! My sister and I have always gotten along but I have heard of some people who have a terrible relationship with their siblings. Glad your girls aren't like that!

Thank you so much. I loved the way the pics turned out. Really captured the moment I think. It is nice to hear of someone who gets along with their sister, seems I hear so many stories of sisters who don't get along. I am an only child so the whole sibling dynamic is a new thing to me. :goodvibes

HI stumbled upon your TR and read all your chapters courtesy of your convenient links! I enjoyed reading it and must say you have a beautiful family. I have 2 DD's of my own so reading your last chapter made me tear up! I hope my DD's will be like that one day (they are 3 and 16 months now). you can really see the joy on tinks face! priceless. I'm looking forward to reading more::yes::

Glad you found me here mom2disprincesses! I am glad you have been enjoying the report so far. I am about 1/2 through now I think and more is coming up soon!

Isn't it great having 2 DDs? I love it! I always wanted a sister and never got one so I am enjoying watching their relationship develop with each other. Moments like that one make it so wonderful!

Hey Annie, I am not sure about revealing the details.....so much is still up in the air that I am trying to not get excited about it. The kids don't know.....too much going on between now and then.....when is the Glow Party this year?

How exciting!!! A secret trip!!! Here is the glow party info at Pop!! Hopefully we'll bump into eachother again!!!

September 1st 10pm Fantasmic Meet..... since there are 2 Fantasmic that night it's perfect... we can all enjoy rides and meet at the less busy of the 2 shows

September 3rd Illuminations Meet....Location TBD (I'm thinkin Norway, was great viewing from there for us last year)

September 5th Glow II: The Bounceback Party(possible name).... 10pm till whenever...at the Hippy Dippy pool... near Petals

How exciting!!! A secret trip!!! Here is the glow party info at Pop!! Hopefully we'll bump into eachother again!!!

September 1st 10pm Fantasmic Meet..... since there are 2 Fantasmic that night it's perfect... we can all enjoy rides and meet at the less busy of the 2 shows

September 3rd Illuminations Meet....Location TBD (I'm thinkin Norway, was great viewing from there for us last year)

September 5th Glow II: The Bounceback Party(possible name).... 10pm till whenever...at the Hippy Dippy pool... near Petals

Thanks Annie but it looks like we are going to miss you guys this year. :sad1: Bad timing it would seem....

Lost your TR and just found it again! Soo. tell me what have I missed???

Hey Farrah! Nice to see you! Not much going on around here.....just me being really s-l-o-w with my trippie! :rotfl:

Chapter 28 - Dinner Time!

After we wiped our happy tears from the girls’ “moment” we settled in for the 30 min wait we were told we’d have.

Not two minutes later they called us!

Score!

Or not.

They took us into the restaurant and promptly seated us in the little room behind the cooking area completely away from the action where you can’t even see what is going on.

Grrr.....

We sit down but I just can’t do it.....

“Excuse me, is it possible to be seated in the main dining area?”

“Only if you want to wait 45 mins to an hour.”

“We’ll wait.”

So we are taken back to the waiting area and order some drinks to occupy us (okay - just me but whatever) while we wait....

Drinks didn’t even make it to us (okay, me) before they called us back in....

Score!

For real this time!

Here is the view towards Magic Kingdom from our table.

IMG_8058.jpg

Wasn’t long before both the food and the entertainment started.....

IMG_8060.jpg

Here is Belle....

IMG_8068.jpg

And Tink who incidently ate 2 bowls of the chicken wings herself!

IMG_8084.jpg

The kids did the coconut races (fun but Belle cheated and kicked her coconut the whole way....), the limbo and just had an all around good time.

IMG_8075.jpg

IMG_8076.jpg

IMG_8074.jpg

IMG_8070.jpg

The food kept coming.....

and coming.....

and coming.....

Never seen so much food arrive at a table.

Just when you think you were done, they brought more!

The kids and HG got up and learned some dance moves and a song. I took pictures from my seat. Did I mention those drinks were strong?!!

IMG_8103.jpg

IMG_8097.jpg

IMG_8096.jpg

IMG_8091.jpg

IMG_8087.jpg

IMG_8086.jpg

Just as we were finishing dinner they lowered the lights and Wishes started over at the Magic Kingdom and we were able to watch it from our table. For some reason I didn’t take any pictures of it.....so unlike me!

We had originally planned on going down to the beach to watch but we were having such a good time in the restaurant we lost track of time. Oh well....it was magical from where we were....

When it was time to go we were planning on taking the monorail back to MK and then take a bus back to the hotel but we thought about the crowds leaving the park after the fireworks and decided to take a taxi back.

Best $20 we could have spent!

Made it back to the hotel and fell into bed exhausted from a long day and full tummies.

And I just have to add - the dresses were still white at the end of the day! Small miracle I know! Nothing got spilled on them all day long! Woohoo!

Wonderful update...and those wings look good...I can see why she polished off 2 bowls by herself.

We weren't able to get into Ohana's this trip...darn it. Next one though!

Sticky wings AND still white dresses? :eek:

Do you carry around large bibs that they wear?

LOL

Nice update...I need to get back to mine. Sigh.

And I just have to add - the dresses were still white at the end of the day! Small miracle I know! Nothing got spilled on them all day long! Woohoo!
Impressive.

great update! I can't believe those dresse made it through dinner at 'Ohana :goodvibes . I agree the drinks at Poly are rather strong ;) that is why I can have just one be totally relaxed.

woohoo another update!
Keep 'em coming! That dinner looks like so much fun and your girls look sooo happy!

Yay!!! Another update!!! I remember that night cause we were there too!! I'm sorry we'll be missing eachother this year:sad2: . Oh about the white dresses? I can't make it through a day with white on, so hats off to your girls:goodvibes

Wonderful update...and those wings look good...I can see why she polished off 2 bowls by herself.

We weren't able to get into Ohana's this trip...darn it. Next one though!

The wings were just okay as far as I was concerned but she loved them so it was all good.

Ohana's was a fun place to go! Enjoy on your next trip!

Sticky wings AND still white dresses? :eek:

Do you carry around large bibs that they wear?

LOL

Nice update...I need to get back to mine. Sigh.

Nope, no bibs! Just got lucky that day! :rotfl:

Impressive.

Thank you Hedy, I thought so too! :goodvibes

Looks like a great Ohana's meal :)

Hey Tanya! It was a great night! :thumbsup2

great update! I can't believe those dresse made it through dinner at 'Ohana :goodvibes . I agree the drinks at Poly are rather strong ;) that is why I can have just one be totally relaxed.

I couldn't believe they made it through dinner either. Lots of messy food and they came out sparkling white still! It really was a Disney miracle! :laughing:

The drinks there were yummy! I have absolutely no idea what I drank and it didn't really matter after the first half of the first one! All was good in my world after that! :rotfl:

woohoo another update!
Keep 'em coming! That dinner looks like so much fun and your girls look sooo happy!

Thank you! They had a great evening there! Lots of fun for sure!

Yay!!! Another update!!! I remember that night cause we were there too!! I'm sorry we'll be missing eachother this year:sad2: . Oh about the white dresses? I can't make it through a day with white on, so hats off to your girls:goodvibes

Yep, that was our second Annie-sighting! :rotfl:

If you notice the now absent ticker you'll see why I never got too attached to the idea of this trip. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Thanks Robin.

Hello Sarah - I just came in touch with your TR tonight and have been reading it for 4 hours now. I am only on page 82 and am very hooked. I can hardly keep my eyes open any longer tonight so i'll have to pick-up tomorrow. I had to jump ahead and let you know it has been a pleasure reading,you have a beautiful family. Thanks and god bless.

Tom

It seems like those dresses have been white for months now;)

Ohana definitely looks great...and filling.....

I'm glad you're back!!!!!!

I am so happy to see an installment on this TR!! I love the pictures as usual. I love watching Wishes from O'hana. It looks like you had a great time.

I can't wait to read morepopcorn::.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter