The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a shot from outside the bathrooms beside Pizza Predattoria. It shows part of the queue area. You still can't see too much over the tall fences.

DSC02423.jpg

Others have said this already, but I just called the main reservations line to ask about access to WWOHP given our specific reservation.

I gave her our reservation number, she looked it up and said "Your reservation has already been flagged for exclusive access to the WWOHP." She explained that this was because we booked prior to March 25th. I was relieved because although I booked our original reservation in February, I called back to change to an AP rate at the end of March, after the March 25 cut-off. But the change didn't affect things, so that's good.

She said at this point they expect the WWOHP to be open ONLY to resort guests who booked PRIOR to March 25 and she was touting how special this would be because access would be limited. She said a packet of info would be waiting for us on check in and that it would include a special ticket to give us access. She said there were "some limitations." She said it was likely that the WWOHP area of the park would be open for limited hours each day. The example she gave was 10 am to 6 pm. I asked if we'd be able to access it during each day of our stay and she said yes, that it would be open for at least part of each day.

We have a room-only reservation June 12-15.

I'm so excited to see it!!!

Do you think that possibly soft openings would still be open for other Universal Resort guests that did NOT purchase the package before March 25th? I can't wait to get more info. We were planning to go down bf June but now I want to wait. I can't wait until they start the soft openings so we can get more info! This is really exciting. :cool1::thumbsup2

Do you think that possibly soft openings would still be open for other Universal Resort guests that did NOT purchase the package before March 25th? I can't wait to get more info. We were planning to go down bf June but now I want to wait. I can't wait until they start the soft openings so we can get more info! This is really exciting. :cool1::thumbsup2

:You'll just have to wait, I'm afraid. I booked before the 25th and was told that it was key that I'd booked before the 25th. That doesn't mean things won't change, but you shouldn't count on it.
Doug

Those of you who booked rooms prior to 3/25 are so lucky. We booked a vacation for the middle of June (staying at disney's DVC) really looking forward to the Harry Potter area. My two DS's and their friend were over the moon about going and they were so let down when they heard the news. We've been to the parks before so they know how great the rides are but now they are saying that they couldn't bear to go and watch a select group get to go in..they are big fans of HP, having read every book twice over. I personally feel that US is making a big mistake not letting people (other than the pre 3/25) into the section. Maybe let all the resort people in early plus give them an express pass and deny general public express til the grand opening date? We all have to pay admission and it's part of the park...we should all be able to enjoy the attraction.

Yes, I do believe that if the area is ready, it will be soft openings for everyone. They've got to prepare somehow.

I just spoke with someone at HRH reservations, and she said that she had no concrete info she could give now about when WWoHP would be opening to guests before June 18th, but that a friend of hers was interning (don't know what that means) at WWoHP and that she said that it would begin soft openings on May 25th. Don't know how true or accurate this info may be, but it does give one hope...:rolleyes:

:banana:Can't wait to go! We are going Opening day! My brother and I are beyond excited! Never been to Universal Studios so we will be staying for 4 days! Probably be really busy.....

I just spoke with someone at HRH reservations, and she said that she had no concrete info she could give now about when WWoHP would be opening to guests before June 18th, but that a friend of hers was interning (don't know what that means) at WWoHP and that she said that it would begin soft openings on May 25th. Don't know how true or accurate this info may be, but it does give one hope...:rolleyes:

Oh, I hope she's (you're) right! That will be our last day there before heading to Disney. :)

I've been thinking a lot about "soft openings" and "previews" and I have some thoughts about how this might all work. Understand this is all speculation based on educated guesses and not insider info.

Before they can open the castle to anybody, they have to move the line for Dragon Challenge. The new line starts just behind the train station in Hogsmeade. We also know that Hippogryph has been cycling and is ready to go when they are. Also, most of the shops, the Three Broomsticks, and the entertainment is ready to go. So here is what I'm thinking:

I suspect in the very near future, we'll see a new fence go up around the castle. Then, when they are ready for "soft openings" or "previews" they'll take the gate/fence down from the entrance and let people into Hogsmeade, The Three Broomsticks, Dragon Challenge, and possibly Hippogryph.

However, HP&FJ will not be open to the public in general yet (because it's not ready). I know they want to open it all at the same time, but if FJ isn't ready for the end of May previews, then they'll have to open the rest of the area up without it. However, with a gate around FJ, then they can let in select visitors and have limited soft openings.

The reason why I'm posting this speculation is because I know a lot of you are in a panic about getting to see any of it. But I think my specualtion is pretty sound because they want to keep Dragon Challenge open in the late spring/early summer, before the Grand Opening. But once they are ready to start test rides on FJ, they are going to have to tear down that temporary line to DD/DC, and bring people in through the main Hogsmeade entrance, so they might as well have the rest of Hogsmeade open by then.

I agree.

If FOTH & DC are able to run, they will let people on them.

And...to get on them, you would have to walk past the shops & 3Broomsticks.

They won't close off the entire land (shops/food) when they can make $ on people being there. They won't close EVERYTHING off because 1 ride isn't ready.

Wouldn't make sense.

Courtesy of cronixx, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

cronixx said:
So my sister just gave me this magazine "Going Places - The Magazine For Today's Traveler"
Anyway, it has 2 pages on WWOHP that has some info....

I'm not sure if it's old news but I thought I'd post it here anyway:

Hogsmeade
"Check out the Gringott's bank and its ATM. No one protects money like a goblin! And be sure to try the Butterbeer in Hogsmeade. It's said to be a cross between shortbread and butterscotch... yum!"

Dervish and Banges
"I've heard you can purchase a Firebolt, a world-class broomstick. Plus there's a MONSTER BOOK OF MONSTERS on display that growls and snarls at anyone who comes too close. Perhaps it can be tamed with the Riddikulus charm!"
and
"This magical instrument and equipment shop features Quidditch supplies, Triwizard apparel, Spectrespecs and Remembralls. You may also find wizardly re-creations of Hogwart's robes and scarves."

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
"While waiting for the ride, experience talking portraits featuring Hogwart's never-before-seen four founders: Godric Gryffindor, Salazar Slytherin, Helga Hufflepuff and Rowena Ravenclaw."

Honeydukes
"A spellbinding confectionary sells all types of wizarding sweets, including Chocolate Frogs and Bertie Bott's Every-Flavour Beans. In the series, Chocolate Frogs are enchanted with a temporary spell that, according to Ron in Sorcerer's Stone, gives them one good jump (once the package is opened). Each is packaged with a collectible card displaying a magical picture and brief biography of a famous witch or wizard of medieval to modern times."
and
"A little owl told us that Honeydukes will also sell licorice clippins, a candy that is dispensed in a very unique and unusual manner!"

Ollivander's
"Visit Ollivander's and you'll have the chance to choose a wand -- or more appropriately -- let the wand choose you. A mismatched wand creates havoc (thanks to cool special effects) and the right one.... Well you'll just know!"
and
"There are 13 kinds of wands unique to Ollivander's shop. Specific questions by the wandkeeper determine the correctness of your wand."

I have read the last few pages of this thread. I am confused. If I am checking in on June 20th (2 days after the grand opening) and staying at RPR will I have access to HP? Did I have to book prior to March 25th if it is after official opening?

I have read the last few pages of this thread. I am confused. If I am checking in on June 20th (2 days after the grand opening) and staying at RPR will I have access to HP? Did I have to book prior to March 25th if it is after official opening?

The official date for HP opening is June 18th. This means everyone who has a ticket to get into IoA can go and see HP. Including yourself. So yes, you will have access to HP as well as the general public. Those that booked prior to March 25th. will get to see HP before it opens up to the general public. At least that's what I'm interpreting.

The official date for HP opening is June 18th. This means everyone who has a ticket to get into IoA can go and see HP. Including yourself. So yes, you will have access to HP as well as the general public. Those that booked prior to March 25th. will get to see HP before it opens up to the general public. At least that's what I'm interpreting.
Thanks! That's what I thought.;)

I agree.

If FOTH & DC are able to run, they will let people on them.

And...to get on them, you would have to walk past the shops & 3Broomsticks.

They won't close off the entire land (shops/food) when they can make $ on people being there. They won't close EVERYTHING off because 1 ride isn't ready.

Wouldn't make sense.

I thought so too, but Dragon Challenge (as Dueling Dragons) has been running for a while now and we know FOTH is ready because Ellen rode it and it's just a refurb anyway. The other forums have said that the contract with WB states they must open it all at once. Unfortunately, this must be true, because it's still not open and Ellen was there weeks ago. I just came back from four days there and it was ridiculously difficult to walk by and hear the music and see the lights on and not be able to go; nearly drove me batty!:rotfl:

Ahh crap...I thought this was going to be open by June. I just booked our airfare (almost free w/ credits thank goodness) for a mini trip to FL June 11th. My son will be bummed!

Hey universalfan- they had the music going? Is it always on now I wonder? That would dirive me crazy, not being able to go in and see it but just hear it.... Sounds like it is getting closer to opening.... So does anyone know about this "having to open the whole thing at one time" thing? If so, HURRY UP PEEPS AND GET FJ ON TRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey universalfan- they had the music going? Is it always on now I wonder? That would dirive me crazy, not being able to go in and see it but just hear it.... Sounds like it is getting closer to opening.... So does anyone know about this "having to open the whole thing at one time" thing? If so, HURRY UP PEEPS AND GET FJ ON TRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, Brian O posted a vid where you can hear the music :goodvibes
http://www.brianorndorf.com/2010/04...ry-potter-construction-update-42610.html#more

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter