The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, my response by phone was vague at best...."based on your reservation you will be allowed *some* access to WWOHP, based on the need for the area to be closed or tended to due to grand opening preparations".
I never did receive an email response which I prefered so I had something in writing, so I am going to try that gain in a week or so.
Anyway, I am in agreement that those of us with on-site room only bookings made prior to 3/25 will be allowed into WWOHP, but I am getting the feeling it will be VERY limited, especially the closer to the 18th your dates are. We daepart the 10th, so I have no idea if we will hit at a good time, but I am guessing those with dates of 6/15 on ( and again, guessing no firm info) may have even more limited access as they prepare the area for the big day...want it spotless, not going to take any chances on anyting getting broken, out of place etc. Agian. purely speculation on my part, but just the way they handled my call, specifically saying based on "grand opening preparations".

Courtesy of TheLastAshen, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

TheLastAshen said:
first time attempting to post an image, bare with me please:
HarryPotter3.jpg

Yay i did it. Here's the link to the original for higher quality: http://www.insidethemagic.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/HarryPotter3.jpg

Any news on when tables can be booked at The Three Broomsticks?
Is the Hogs Head also a table service meal?
Will have to check out the menus and make a decision if so!!

An update on Grad Bash: My brother is going and he was informed today that they will NOT gain access to WWOHP. It was supposed to be open for them, so as a consolation they are all getting a 1 day 2 park ticket as an invitation to return when it opens. Now he has to wait until August to see it with me, i'm a bit happy about that! :rotfl: Muahahahahahaha

Well there goes my last hope of soft openings when we get there tomorrow. I really thought they'd kick them off with Grad Bash. Oh well, we will enjoy the last few days of a nearly empty park and we'll be back later in the year. :sad2:

I have to go pack and sniffle now.

Any news on when tables can be booked at The Three Broomsticks?
Is the Hogs Head also a table service meal?
Will have to check out the menus and make a decision if so!!

The Three Broomsticks is counter service - although I believe it's possible that the <s>feeding trough</s> I mean, "Grand Feast" ;) may be brought to your table. But that would only be to prevent food from flying everywhere, if it's very heavy. I've had similar "table" service in fast food joints like Burger King, when we've made a big order.

The only time you could reserve the Three Broomsticks was for the free breakfast as part of the Harry Potter vacation package. When I was doing it online a couple months ago, there was an option to book additional Three Broomsticks breakfasts for additional money, but I've since heard that's been removed. I don't know what the breakfast will involve, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't some kind of buffet.

Hogs Head is a pub. I haven't read anything suggesting you can get a meal there.

Has this been confirmed?

The reason why I ask is because I'm trying to decide if staying onsite for FOTL is worth it versus just buying the Express Pass add-on. We'll be there during a slower time, so the Express Pass add-on is only 19.99 per person/per day. So for $160, my family of 4 could get one-time express line access two days in a row. To stay onsite for one night would be about $100 more (around $260 for one night) However, if we could get one-time-per-day FOTL access to Forbidden Journey, it may be worth it to splurge on a room for a night. Hope that makes sense.

I don't know what would be the longest time period of a queue for an attraction, 2 to 3 hrs?
Missing the queue, IMO, you won't see any of the queue areas that from what I've seen so far, it is probably the most impressive and detailed ever created for an attraction. Going slow thru the queue you can take pictures or videos at your own pace, detail things and discuss anything.

FOTL will take you directly to the ride.

Has anyone been to IOA recently? Anything new with the Harry Potter section? It's been awhile since anyone has posted any news.

Courtesy of BBPH, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

BBPH said:
A few things i noticed

The butterbeer cart is also in this fly through so i believe this to be a permanent fixture

binggy.png

The area thought to be the DC lockers is blocked of :S

2wmgej5.png

And there is another entrance to Honeydukes i wonder if this is usable this would be great for crowds

s1s41l.png

This is what guests were being told initially when I booked our July trip about 6 weeks ago. However, when I booked our October trip about 2 weeks ago, I was advised that on-site guests will only be allowed early entry to HP. .

I'm reading this as though they expect HP to be jamming even in Oct!

I delayed out trip to FL due to the uncertainty of the opening. We were going to go from 6/12 to 6/18. I'm glad now we delayed, but now wonder just how bad it's going to be in Sept. :scared1:

Has anyone been to IOA recently? Anything new with the Harry Potter section? It's been awhile since anyone has posted any news.

I think that everything is ready except for the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey which seems to be taking longer than everyone had hoped or anticipated. The plan seems to be to open the entire area at the same time, hence the lack of anything new coming out.

Looks like the only ride I MAY attempt is The Forbidden journey but the others will LOVE all 3 !! I think I will purely enjoy looking around !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter