The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the soft openings in the past, anyone who was in the right place at the right time got in. I don't know why this would change for WWOHP, but there are so many conflicting stories no one can say for certain what will actually occur. By the time you go on your vacation any news on soft openings will be out. I did think the hotels were already booked though, or is that just the WWOHP package? Might be worth checking that now so you'll know if it's even possible to stay onsite.

Thanks, I guess we will just plan on WDW and know things could change at any time. And we will know more by then as you say.

I know that between the dates of May 28 and June 17, if you booked a WWoHP package in those dates (prior to the grand opening date being announced) you have access to WWoHP, but if you didnt, there is no concrete "yes" you will be let in to that section of the park.I talked to my AAA agent who spoke with a rep from Universal, and was told that as of now the only guarentee of getting into WWoHP before June 18 is if you booked the specific package.

We booked our package before the offical opening date was announced, and had the dates of June 17-21 (very lucky planning lol), and was told we will have access to WWoHP on June 17 and obviously thereafter

Late April and going into May we will probably see some soft openings, but I was told that from the 28th of May through June 17, if you didnt book the WWoHP package, you arent guarenteed to get in

Courtesy of IOA Explorer, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

IOA Explorer said:
Here's a couple of pics that I took last week...i thought they were pretty cool.

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

I know that between the dates of May 28 and June 17, if you booked a WWoHP package in those dates (prior to the grand opening date being announced) you have access to WWoHP, but if you didnt, there is no concrete "yes" you will be let in to that section of the park.I talked to my AAA agent who spoke with a rep from Universal, and was told that as of now the only guarentee of getting into WWoHP before June 18 is if you booked the specific package.

We booked our package before the offical opening date was announced, and had the dates of June 17-21 (very lucky planning lol), and was told we will have access to WWoHP on June 17 and obviously thereafter

Late April and going into May we will probably see some soft openings, but I was told that from the 28th of May through June 17, if you didnt book the WWoHP package, you arent guarenteed to get in

Interesteing info-thanks. Will keep checking the boards to see what happens.

Interesteing info-thanks. Will keep checking the boards to see what happens.

If you booked onsite hotel prior to the grand opening date announcement for dates between May 28-Jun 17th you will be allowed access to the preview as well. This has been confirmed by mulitple people via emails from management at the onsite hotels.

I just reconfirmed this for the third time with Universal and for those of us who booked regular room only reservations prior to the March 25 announcement, staying from 5/28 thru 6/17, we too will be allowed a "preview" as they prefer to call it to WWOHP. We will be given specific info at check-in. Can't wait! :banana:

I just reconfirmed this for the third time with Universal and for those of us who booked regular room only reservations prior to the March 25 announcement, staying from 5/28 thru 6/17, we too will be allowed a "preview" as they prefer to call it to WWOHP. We will be given specific info at check-in. Can't wait! :banana:

:On another forum this was also confirmed but the rep said they'd be let in to "look around".
Doug

Thanks Don Pacho. It looks terrific, and it will be so hard to be there next week for the second time this year and still not be able to go in. I think it's time for me to give up hope on a sneak peek, but darn it there is that tiny piece of me that keeps remembering their promise to open it by Grad Bash.

Fellow Potter addicts, I think I need an intervention.

Thanks for the video Don Pacho! I love the part where the dad lifts the little girl up to look over the wall!

Major kudos to the designers and construction folks. The WWofHP looks INCREDIBLE. I'm dazzled. :)

I do wish there were more rides...I'm a big fan of dark rides and rides that the whole family can do...but I will definitely turn out to see the place.

Major kudos to the designers and construction folks. The WWofHP looks INCREDIBLE. I'm dazzled. :)

I do wish there were more rides...I'm a big fan of dark rides and rides that the whole family can do...but I will definitely turn out to see the place.
I've heard there will be room for future expansion so who knows what will happen? ;)

If you booked onsite hotel prior to the grand opening date announcement for dates between May 28-Jun 17th you will be allowed access to the preview as well. This has been confirmed by mulitple people via emails from management at the onsite hotels.

I am still waiting for a response to my email asking...we booked RPR back on Feb 18th for room only...our dates are prior to 6/18...keeping my fingers crossed. I did specifically ask if we will be allowed accces for duration of our stay and not just 1 particular day...trying to plan our ( touring schedule as we may go to Kennedy). I thought I would have gotten a response by now....

I am still waiting for a response to my email asking...we booked RPR back on Feb 18th for room only...our dates are prior to 6/18...keeping my fingers crossed. I did specifically ask if we will be allowed accces for duration of our stay and not just 1 particular day...trying to plan our ( touring schedule as we may go to Kennedy). I thought I would have gotten a response by now....

If your hotel reservation is between 5/28-6/17, you will be allowed access into WWHP booking prior to grand opening announcement. Its confirmed.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter