The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Courtesy of BTT_Racheal and BJCool, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

BTT_Racheal said:
Completely off topic...well, somewhat related. But there is apparently another Harry Potter Attraction coming...not to Universal
I don't think it will compete, but it's very interesting to see all the Potter attractions and exhibits hitting now that Universal started it.

BJCool said:
That's the freaking "Harry Potter: the Exhibition" that we've known about for many years. It's a Potter walk through experience set up in museums with some interactive displays, but mostly props, costumes, and other iconic Potter memorabilia on display. It's a museum exhibit, nothing more.

quidditch_exhibit.jpg

And a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhN0v-25EOY

That's the freaking "Harry Potter: the Exhibition" that we've known about for many years. It's a Potter walk through experience set up in museums with some interactive displays, but mostly props, costumes, and other iconic Potter memorabilia on display. It's a museum exhibit, nothing more.

...and it was AMAZING! :thumbsup2

I hearby open this meeting of Potterholicis Anonymous.

God grant us the serenity to accept the grand opening dates we can not change, the courage to ride the rides we can, and the wisdom to refrain from hitting the complaining muggles on this board, or in the queues, who try to ruin all our fun.

Hi, I'm MTL and I'm a Potterholic.

I think I need a 12-step program. I was shaking when I read the insider reports on Mugglenet and Leaky Cauldron and when I watched Ellen. If that's not addict behaviour.... This place can't open up fast enough for me. It's the first thing I do every morning, and when I get home from work, check for updates on the park. :surfweb:

Hi I'm WyldLynx and I am a Proud Potterholic :rotfl2:

I can't get enough. I read everything I can find. Even went and Joined OrlandoUnited. I read all the spoiler blogs and check them several times a day.

Even went so far as to up my souvenir budget after seeing Ellen. I'm more excited then my kids. Who are :rotfl2: at me.

Oh well forget a 12 step program.....I don't want help....I want Grand OPENING!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::rotfl2:

Hello, I am IndyDenise and I am a Parrot Head AND a Potter Head.

That said, Jimmy can't touch Harry and the Gang.

Hello, I am IndyDenise and I am a Parrot Head AND a Potter Head.

That said, Jimmy can't touch Harry and the Gang.

but IOA and Citywalk are a sweet combo for you right?:thumbsup2 Where else can you get Wizards and parrorheads in the same location?

WOW those are really close up photos. Someone was either allow great access or has a REALLY good lens on the camera.

Great Discussion going on here people, any news about the soft opening?

No real news on soft openings. Some say not until early May and those are the people that make me sad. Others say maybe last week in April. Since I will be there at that time, I like those people!

The truth is nobody knows. It was a little disheartening to see a bucket truck or whatever that was in Mookie's pictures from yesterday. I guess they still have a ways to go.

No real news on soft openings. Some say not until early May and those are the people that make me sad. Others say maybe last week in April. Since I will be there at that time, I like those people!

The truth is nobody knows. It was a little disheartening to see a bucket truck or whatever that was in Mookie's pictures from yesterday. I guess they still have a ways to go.

We might stop there the last week of May-but we are staying at Disney. We can still add a night onsite at US if it would help "get in" to HP if there happened to be a soft opening. Since you only get one pass to the new attraction anyway (plus we would want the long walk through)-is it worth staying onsite at all?

If we are at IOA and get lucky (a soft opening), would they only allow hotel key guests into HP-or anybody walking by?

I picture being at WDW for a week, and checking these boards each day. If it turns out HP is pretty much open every day the end of May-we would certainly go over and check it out. Just wondering if we would need a room to gain access. TIA.

For the soft openings in the past, anyone who was in the right place at the right time got in. I don't know why this would change for WWOHP, but there are so many conflicting stories no one can say for certain what will actually occur. By the time you go on your vacation any news on soft openings will be out. I did think the hotels were already booked though, or is that just the WWOHP package? Might be worth checking that now so you'll know if it's even possible to stay onsite.

In my opinion, Universal has never been as careful about their sight lines as Disney is, keeping you from seeing some things when you're in another "land".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter