The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't speak for Don Pacho, but it seems that the intent in posting the pictures was to share the excitement of WWOHP while still acknowledging the source. You are totally within your rights to request a link to your site instead. That's a very reasonable request. "Insulting" seems a bit strong, though. I don't see any ill intent in Don Pacho's posts, and because of them, I have bookmarked your site (that I didnt even know existed) and have been working through the 300+ pages on your WWOHP thread.

I know I appreciate all your hard work and photos and I'm glad that I have become aware of them through the DIS.

Thank you for defending me StitchandPooh'sMom. What I do is standard "netiquette" within forums: give the proper credits to the forist and links to the sites. That is all is required.

Many forists at Orlando United publish also updates from many other forums and sites and have given links to those places.

It looks AMAZING!!! I cannot wait! We are going to IOA on our trip to March...I had hoped it would be open by then, but sadly it's not :(...Any way, it certainly secures a second trip to IOA!

I am not offiliated with OrlandoUnited.com.

Well then you shouldn't be "aff"ended. Sorry...couldn't resist the play on words. :dancer:

Because of Don Poncho's posts here, I too have bookmarked OU's site. If anything, he has helped direct traffic that way.

I just checked the postings and don't see any hotlinks. The pictures are watermarked and credit is given to the original poster of the pictures. He links back to OrlandoUnited and proper credit is given. If the owner of OrlandoUnited has an issue with this, please feel free to contact me via private message. I certainly don't want to cause any problems and will gladly abide by his request. I know that IOACentral never has a problem with their pictures being used as long as a credit is given and a link to the site. I know that no one wants hot links that use up bandwidth but these pictures don't appear to be hotlinked. It also attracted some more people to the OrlandoUnited who had otherwise never heard of the website.

So in other words Phamton ,the Dis is plugging OU.Can't see them getting mad about that.

I just checked the postings and don't see any hotlinks. The pictures are watermarked and credit is given to the original poster of the pictures. He links back to OrlandoUnited and proper credit is given. If the owner of OrlandoUnited has an issue with this, please feel free to contact me via private message. I certainly don't want to cause any problems and will gladly abide by his request. I know that IOACentral never has a problem with their pictures being used as long as a credit is given and a link to the site. I know that no one wants hot links that use up bandwidth but these pictures don't appear to be hotlinked. It also attracted some more people to the OrlandoUnited who had otherwise never heard of the website.

I thought that the people on the Orlando United site had said that it was fine at one point as long as credit was given. I'll try to find where they said that.

edited to add: BriMan talks about giving proper credit here. That is what Don Pacho has been doing.

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums...rding-World-Of-Harry-Potter&p=73686#post73686

You are very right Phamton ... and what strikes me as odd is that he/she said they are not affiliated with Orlando United :confused3

I thought that the people on the Orlando United site had said that it was fine at one point as long as credit was given. I'll try to find where they said that.

edited to add: BriMan talks about giving proper credit here. That is what Don Pacho has been doing.

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums...rding-World-Of-Harry-Potter&p=73686#post73686

Thanks damo. It sounds like OrlandoUnited has no problem with this. Until I hear from someone official from OU, the pictures can stay. And if anyone would like to further question the netiquette, please either report any posts that you feel are breaking copyright or PM me. Calling someone out on a thread is not the best way to handle this.

Courtesy of Mookie, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Mookie said:
a couple shots from the top of ET garage...
IMG_2757.jpg

IMG_2758.jpg

I'm coming into this thread for the first time today -- having just heard about it from my DH who is practically bursting at the seams! I went through several pages --- but couldn't find:

do we have a date that this is opening?

I'm coming into this thread for the first time today -- having just heard about it from my DH who is practically bursting at the seams! I went through several pages --- but couldn't find:

Still no date, just a bunch of guesses of somewhere around May-June.

Spring 2010 is the date.

I'm so tempted to factor in a day at IOA/US in my early May trip, but it all depends on whether Harry is open or not.

I'm thinking about May 11 - what's people's betting it'll be open by then?

Another member that "found" Orlando United & signed up thanks to Don Pacho. :thumbsup2 I love amusement/theme parks and everything about them, therefore the more sources of info I can get, the happier I am. It looks by the pics that opening day should be on target for Spring, although I realize "Spring" itself is still a pretty big window. All the same, I just love the anticipation!!!:goodvibes

Thanks to the pics and the recent commercial - kids on the brooms... DF now has agreed to go to US during our weekend in Oct :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Still might find a way to take a quick trip down sooner with DS ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter