The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else want to go during the grand opening? I think I am going to try to. Its my biggest hope that Rowling actually shows up and we have a chance to meet her (even if its a 4 hour line).

I am also hoping that most of the actors may show up. Has anyone heard any rumors about anything extra happening at the grand opening?
I'm planning on taking a day off from work...if needed...to go to the grand opening.

Bonnie Wright and Tom Felton (Ginny and Draco) did an interview where they mentioned that they'd be at the park in May. Meanwhile, during another interview, the boys who play Fred and George mentioned that they were plannign on an appearance at the grand opening.

Ooooh Fred and George, so happy I am going now. I wonder what the actors will do? Maybe some sort of presentation, or will they be signing autographs?

Ooooh Fred and George, so happy I am going now. I wonder what the actors will do? Maybe some sort of presentation, or will they be signing autographs?

I've heard that just about everyone ever involved in Harry Potter has been invited to go to the grand opening. Although the main three haven't said anything, count on at least one of them being there (probably all three) also count on JKR and several of the other actors.

But don't count on autographs. Although some of the actors, especially the kids, may walk down the rows of fans and sign stuff for a few people in the front row, (like they do at premieres) it's doubtful there will be a "signing" with any of the main actors (Tom or the Twins or others who do fan events might be willing, but I wouldn't hold my breath for the big three). Also, I'd be very very surprised if JKR signed anything (I've dealt with her handlers before, it just doesn't happen unless it's been choreographed perfectly).

There's a part of me that really wants to go to the grand opening to see them all. But the other part of me, the meanie realist part hehe, says that going may be a bit disappointing. It's unlikely fans will get to ride the rides while the celebs are in that part of the park. WWoHP will likely be closed to us Mudbloods while the press gets its official taste of Butterbeer along with the celebs. And really, what's the point of going on the busiest day of the year if a girl isn't going to get the chance to make out with Alan Rickman on a dark and scary ride. :lovestruc:worship: hehe:lmao:

I've heard that just about everyone ever involved in Harry Potter has been invited to go to the grand opening. Although the main three haven't said anything, count on at least one of them being there (probably all three) also count on JKR and several of the other actors.

But don't count on autographs. Although some of the actors, especially the kids, may walk down the rows of fans and sign stuff for a few people in the front row, (like they do at premieres) it's doubtful there will be a "signing" with any of the main actors (Tom or the Twins or others who do fan events might be willing, but I wouldn't hold my breath for the big three). Also, I'd be very very surprised if JKR signed anything (I've dealt with her handlers before, it just doesn't happen unless it's been choreographed perfectly).

There's a part of me that really wants to go to the grand opening to see them all. But the other part of me, the meanie realist part hehe, says that going may be a bit disappointing. It's unlikely fans will get to ride the rides while the celebs are in that part of the park. WWoHP will likely be closed to us Mudbloods while the press gets its official taste of Butterbeer along with the celebs. And really, what's the point of going on the busiest day of the year if a girl isn't going to get the chance to make out with Alan Rickman on a dark and scary ride. :lovestruc:worship: hehe:lmao:

I've been lurking in this thread for quite a while and your comment [in bold] just made my evening. Somehow my husband doesn't find my random crush on a guy that's older than my father humorous but I do :rotfl2::rotfl2: I am glad to see someone else does too. :)

As much as I hate to admit it, you are most likely right ... and as much as I love Harry Potter, I'm definitely not willing to stand in the hot Florida sun for hours just to get a glimpse of the actors for 2 seconds ...

I just saw a variation of the Super Bowl commercial. Most of it was the same, but it started with the kids playing at a wizard's duel with their wands and shouting "Expelliarmus". That just made me smile. :lovestruc

They're playing that commercial over here too, loved the way they did it. Unfortunately it still says "spring" for the opening date. :(

I'm sooo going to buy my own wand when I get a chance to visit Olivanders...

Courtesy of kitfisto92, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

kitfisto92 said:
bing + BriMan's AMAZING pics (thank you btw, I don't think i ever have! they are awesome!) =

HPwizardingworldb41.jpg

HPwizardingb4.jpg

Hmm... this is boring. Let's see what happens with a bit of magic (and A LOT of $$$$) ...

hogwartsbehindafter.jpg

ioaariel013.jpg

ioaariel009.jpg

CAN'T WAIT!!

I've been lurking in this thread for quite a while and your comment [in bold] just made my evening. Somehow my husband doesn't find my random crush on a guy that's older than my father humorous but I do :rotfl2::rotfl2: I am glad to see someone else does too. :)

Alan's part of my amalgam of the perfect man (looks like Colin Firth, sounds like Alan Rickman and has Hugh Jackman's body :love: ) And Snape is my favorite HP character:stir: I'm in my cough30scough and I love my older Death Eaters (Rickman, Fiennes, Issacs) drool.... So no, you're not alone, there are a lot of us out there.

Don Pacho: Are you telling the folks at Orlando United how much we love them over here for all those great pictures they've posted? And thank you for sharing them with us. I love those before and after shots!!!

All of these picture updates have gotten me ridiculously excited. It's probably been almost a month since the last time I was able to get on here (school gets in the way of everything), and I can't believe how far the construction has gotten!

My parents and I are seriously looking into a Disney/USO trip for the end of August and into early September (we're thinking that this would be a good time to take advantage of the free dining plan at Disney...provided they offer it during this time frame). I'm expecting that by this time the WWoHP will be open, and I can't wait to see it! :thumbsup2

This is just going through a few of your posts. You keep repeating that Universal billed it as a theme park. Please back up this accusation that you continue to make over and over and over again.

How many Theme parks ("is-lands") does IOA have? Five? So WWoHP will make Theme six, right? Are they giving any clue as to what the new ride/attraction/headliner will be. It would be awesome if they could do something that would rival the Spiderman. Can't wait til it opens and we get some DISers on here to give some report backs on what to expect. :goodvibes

How many Theme parks ("is-lands") does IOA have? Five? So WWoHP will make Theme six, right? Are they giving any clue as to what the new ride/attraction/headliner will be. It would be awesome if they could do something that would rival the Spiderman. Can't wait til it opens and we get some DISers on here to give some report backs on what to expect. :goodvibes
The Islands are: The Lost Continent, Marvel Superhero Island, Cartoon Lagoon, Jurassic Park, Suess Landing and WWoHP...that makes six. :thumbsup2

Hi everyone, count me in as a lurker here that just can't sit down and be quiet any longer! I'm SO excited about the WW of HP! We've never been to Universal before - we've always been WDW people, but now we have a trip planned specifically for Universal in June! :thumbsup2

My 12 year old daughter (siggy out of date, lol) is crazy about HP and so am I! We've read all the books, seen the movies several times, etc. My daughter's favorite gift for Christmas was an "I heart Draco" tee shirt I bought on Amazon! :lovestruc

Anyway, I just want to say that I'm thrilled about the new park, whether it can be considered a park or an island or whatever - it doesn't matter - it's Harry Potter stuff! How cool! :woohoo:

I'm so hoping we can be there at the grand opening just to catch a glimpse of the actors and maybe Rowling herself! I'm on pins and needles waiting for the date to be announced! We are prepared to change our dates if there's a possibility that plebeians like us will be admitted! :laughing:

By the way, I agree with the Snape fans - Alan Rickman is a superb actor and his character is so intriguing! It's the serious, brooding aura, I think. Also, I've long thought that Ralph Fiennes is one of the best actors of our time (and gorgeous when he's not done up like Voldemort, lol) DD has a huge crush on Tom Felton, so I hope we can at least glimpse him from afar as we stand on the pavement in the 100 degree heat, ha ha ha! :lmao:

I'm also very excited about visiting Universal for the first time and experiencing the many other attractions. :yay:

Anyway, long live HP! :love:

Does anyone else want to go during the grand opening? I think I am going to try to. Its my biggest hope that Rowling actually shows up and we have a chance to meet her (even if its a 4 hour line).

I am also hoping that most of the actors may show up. Has anyone heard any rumors about anything extra happening at the grand opening?

If I was around there I would go to the grand opening in a heartbeat. I think it would be great fun.

We haven't had updated pictures in a few days now (since thursday I think). I am getting itchy to see what new details have been done!

I thought I'd share this....last night we were talking about our summer trip...my whole family is excited! I was discussing my upcoming wand selection and my DH said...."Oh I can't wait to get my wand too...then when I can't get you out of WWoHP, I can just cast a spell and have you under my control"

DD and DS were hysterical....I was not;)

I thought I'd share this....last night we were talking about our summer trip...my whole family is excited! I was discussing my upcoming wand selection and my DH said...."Oh I can't wait to get my wand too...then when I can't get you out of WWoHP, I can just cast a spell and have you under my control"

DD and DS were hysterical....I was not;)

That's one of the things I really like about Harry Potter in general. It is a real family oriented entity. The new vocabulary, new characters, new outlook on things. Great for family bonding.

I agree with you, damo. HP has been something that my "tween" daughter and I could really share, instead of me just faking an interest like with the cheezy twaddle that's usually made for kids her age, lol. :laughing:

DD and I both love HP, and Daddy just goes along with it to be a part of things. He'd really rather talk about/watch football, I think. ;)

Does anyone else want to go during the grand opening?

I would love to go during grand opening. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to change my vacation that fast, since we don't know an exact date of opening yet.

Say HI to Rowlings for me. Thought I had read somewhere that Ratcliffe, Grint & Watson plan on being there also. I'll see if I can find the article again and post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter