• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick post to thank everyone for the great gouge on all the HP threads these last few months. Been lurking that long prepping for this week and it has been most helpful. Having a wonderful time and am happy to answer any questions I can. We are Disney vets but Universal noobs and are HP fans of various degrees--I've seen the films while DW has done both films and books. We did all HP rides, stores, and restaurants (well, restaurant) and can lend our perspective if anyone is interested. :wizard:

Probably about as much as Spiderman broke down when it first opened, or Test Track when it did.
I had forgotten how much Test Track broke down at first! DS loves this ride but for a while it looked like it would never run right.

Just a quick post to thank everyone for the great gouge on all the HP threads these last few months. Been lurking that long prepping for this week and it has been most helpful. Having a wonderful time and am happy to answer any questions I can. We are Disney vets but Universal noobs and are HP fans of various degrees--I've seen the films while DW has done both films and books. We did all HP rides, stores, and restaurants (well, restaurant) and can lend our perspective if anyone is interested. :wizard:
The more perspectives the better! :)

Sorry if this has been asked before, but if we are there for Early Entry, what is the quickest way to FJ?

Or, I guess we could just follow the mad dash of people . . .

Sorry if this has been asked before, but if we are there for Early Entry, what is the quickest way to FJ?

Or, I guess we could just follow the mad dash of people . . .

We discussed this on another thread but early entry (hotel guests) go to the right upon entering. You will be asked to show your hotel key. When you reach the beginning of the Dr. Suess area look for a path to the left before the Carousel and right before the Green Eggs and Ham place. This path is shorter. We stumbled upon this path our first day and took it while most of the crowd took the main path to the right that curves through the Dr. Seuss area. We ended up beating a group of young teens who were running and a family of power walkers. They of course passed us again in the Harry Potter area but it was funny to get ahead of them by just walking while they were rushing to get there first.

We discussed this on another thread but early entry (hotel guests) go to the right upon entering. You will be asked to show your hotel key. When you reach the beginning of the Dr. Suess area look for a path to the left before the Carousel and right before the Green Eggs and Ham place. This path is shorter. We stumbled upon this path our first day and took it while most of the crowd took the main path to the right that curves through the Dr. Seuss area. We ended up beating a group of young teens who were running and a family of power walkers. They of course passed us again in the Harry Potter area but it was funny to get ahead of them by just walking while they were rushing to get there first.

Anyone have a map that shows this cut off. I'm not really familiar with Universal. Thanks!

Anyone have a map that shows this cut off. I'm not really familiar with Universal. Thanks!

I can help-I just had this conversation last week! :)

As soon as you enter Seuss Landing, go immediately to the left, before you get to Green Eggs and Ham. Follow the path around and it takes you by the water and drops you off right by the bridge to Lost Continent. By taking this path, you cut off the corner by Cat in the Hat and 1 Fish 2 Fish.

You can really see the route if you go to Google Maps. (that was a suggestion I received, and it was a great one!) Hope this helps!

Might seem a stupid question and probably is lol.

Do you see hogwarts pretty much as soon as you enter IOA?
It looks huge. But i have read some say that when they walk down Hogsmeade, and then at some point come face to face with hogwarts its breath taking.
So wondering is its like MAgic Kingdom and you see the castle as soon as you enter?

Might seem a stupid question and probably is lol.

Do you see hogwarts pretty much as soon as you enter IOA?
It looks huge. But i have read some say that when they walk down Hogsmeade, and then at some point come face to face with hogwarts its breath taking.
So wondering is its like MAgic Kingdom and you see the castle as soon as you enter?

No, you have to walk through the Port of Entry first before you catch it across the lake. Even then, it is only the top portion you can see above the trees.

For the full breathtaking effect, I recommend you go right when you reach the lake, through Seuss Landing then Lost Continent. That will bring you into Hogsmeade, where you can see the top of Hogwarts from certain angles over the village, but when you round the corner near Ollivanders you'll look up and its there. Very impressive, not saying better or worse than Cindy's place, but impressive still.

Can someone tell me the prices for Butterbeer? Thank you!!

I can tell you the frozen Butterbeer in the souvenir mug was about $11.50 IIRC. I believe about $7 of that was for the mug, so around $4.50 for the drink itself. DW got the non-frozen also, but don't recall its cost as it was part of dinner at Three Broomsticks.

what if you have early entry not because you are staying onsite but because you booked a vacation package that included it? How do you get in then?

Just show the documents that you have with your package.

.. and if the TM tells you to 'go to the left' (twice - even after showing your off site early entry package confirmation) and not through the hotel guest line to the right - ask another TM. If I hadn't been pre-warned about the procedure on here I'd have wasted a lot of time in the regular line :mad:

So does anyone think these lines and crowds will "Die Down" somewhat before October? I am an avid HP fan, butthe idea of having to wait outside in line all day in the hot Orlando sun just to get in to the place...let alone ride the rides...seems a little crazy. :confused3 Just wondering...

No. It usually takes at the very least a year for the excitement about a new ride to die down even a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter