1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by Caribbeanprincess, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Jmaff, Orlando United
    http://www.orlandounited.com

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

What great pics! The castle is simply otherworldly.

One minor quibble. I kind of wish that Universal had built the wall around the train a bit higher. Seeing the coaster sticking out is kind of out of place. This is very minor though because overall the area looks stunning.

4. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Courtesy of avadakedavra, Orlando United
    http://www.orlandounited.com

5. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note: Night shots were all hand-held so they're a bit soft and somewhat grainy, but it gives you an idea for what it feels like

6. Nicole786

Nicole786 DIS Veteran

Amazing pictures!! Only 46 more days!!

7. Clifton

Clifton Earning My Wizardhat

The "second" room of requirement used to house the frozen knights from the DD days. They'll be missed.

8. Nimrod.sixty9

Nimrod.sixty9 Universal 11/22 11/23

I hate HP; destroyed my Fire and Ice :sad:

9. justprettynpink

justprettynpink Mouseketeer

Was there some vandalism to Ron's windshield??:confused3

Look at the first picture (post #3541) then the next one down (post # 3543) .....:confused3

10. NashvilleTrio

NashvilleTrio DIS Veteran

We actually did Olivander's three times. The first time there were about 2-3 kids in the "right" age range and a really cute girl with special needs was picked. Her answers to the wand keeper's questions and her experience were awesome and most of the adults were a little teary eyed at the end.

The second time, our son got picked along with another boy and they each got to try out a "bad" wand before they were both given their "right" wand. As it turned out the wand that picked my son wasn't the right wand for his birthday. I'm guessing the wandkeeper was new or was confused about the right wand for his birthday. Still though, really cool.

The third time through was at night and there were only about 12 people in the room and our son was the only one under the age of 20. This time he got to try 2 different wands before trying his "birthday" wand. Lots of fun.

Side note about the wand he purchased - it broke the second day we were back home from the trip and he was really upset about it. I was actually surprised he cared that much about it. Through the tears he said, "it was such a cool toy." Anyway, 15 minutes later the super glue had dried and was better than new.

Hmm... While I understand the curiosity, your comment comes across to me as written by one of those busy bodies that buts their nose into everyone's business. If I read it wrong, sorry. If not, (fill in the blank).

Dang. Jealous much? He's a 10 year old boy. Not some 40 year old fan boy living at home with mom & dad.

11. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

I was prepared to skip this because of the long lines but your description makes me reconsider. It sounds like it would be fun to watch.

12. gojoe

gojoe DIS Veteran

We have planned this trip for 2 years now. I have told our girls if the crowds are too large we might not go WWoHP. I already know at 6' 2" 265 lbs. I won't be riding Forbidden Journey (I am doing the cue). I keep looking but have not head anything about crowds. Could someone clue me in? We want to go so bad but paying big bucks to stand in line in Florida's summer sun doesn't sound like fun. Help!

13. saintstickets

saintstickets DIS Veteran

Not super glue....spello-glue! ;)

14. hoverpumpkin

hoverpumpkin Mouseketeer

Okay, just in case you read it wrong, I'll say it right out: some people are going to perceive this as a selfish thing to do - I am one of them - and insulting other fans to justify your own actions isn't going to endear you to anyone.

15. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Let's keep the conversation friendly and the rude/sarcastic comments out of it.

Thank you!

16. plutotek

plutotek DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2:worship:

17. aubriee

aubriee <font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes

:worship::worship::thumbsup2:thumbsup2

18. scottmel

scottmel <font color=darkorchid>Does my logic in my origina

:goodvibes Funny thing is I don't think it even crossed Op's radar that maybe this wasn't the thing to do....maybe give someone else a chance. Oh well. I guess everyone looks at this differently

19. Aristocath

Aristocath DIS Veteran

If a family chooses to wait in line for Ollivander's three times and gets chosen twice, I'd just consider them lucky. Some people at Disney have several "magical moments" on a trip and some people never get any. :confused3 Let's not hate on someone for their good fortune.

20. Lou Holtz

Lou Holtz DIS Veteran

Just to clarify, I'm the person who originally questioned that, but it's not the biggest deal in the world. The person mentioned that there was nobody else under 20 in the second showing where their kid got chosen. Still, maybe the turn could've been deferred to another person who really would've enjoyed the experience, but I'm sure the poster wasn't trying to be rude, they just weren't thinking about it.

21. La2kw

La2kw DIS Veteran

Go! It's worth the wait in the heat and lines, but I do recommend staying at one of the onsite resorts. Also, don't give up on riding. I'm 6'3", but less heavy than you and rode 14 times. They will probably have you try the test seats (use the ones inside) and just tell them to push down on the bar for 3 clicks. Most of the cm's are extremely helpful and want you to be able to ride. For some folks, it's not gonna happen, but let them tell you that.

We did have one cm who needs to go through training again, IMO, because he was rather rude about the test seats. Funny thing is, he was obese himself and you think he would know better. I figured he was just jealous because it was obvious he wouldn't be able to ride.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.