The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, people complaining here is more effective than contacting Universal. Universal is highly unlikely to respond in a meaningful way, but the bad reports plus pictures and pretty mediocre video footage has already convinced me to stay far away from IoA for the next year or so. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case for plenty of other posters/lurkers.

It sounds like they have really improved things over the past few days. So obviously they are listening. We've probably had reviews from about 5 people, maybe 4 and I am very happy with their reviews. I tend not to take anything very seriously for the first month or so after a new ride opens.

It's not just a few people who are complaining about something. The vast majority of posters have complained about either the package, the weight/height restriction, the small shops, lack of "showiness" at Ollivander's, etc. Most posters have said FJ is either underwhelming, or on par with the Simpsons/Spiderman. To me, there's nothing extraordinary about that. Rides at Six Flags are better than that.
I haven't seen that at all. :confused3

Well said Damo:thumbsup2

As one of the few who have ridden FJ, it is a good ride and being compared to Spiderman is not a bad thing as it's one of the most awesome rides ever and FJ is better imho.

We have to remember that it's only the first week it's been open and they are working out the logistics, that's what a preview is for and yes I know Universal would have liked to have the ride open as promised for the package holders but things happen that can't be predicted and you have to adjust accordingly.

I only got to ride once and I'm happy that's all I have to say.

There is not one post that has said that everything was wonderful and/or FJ was groundbreaking/mindblowing. Not that you'd expect everything to be perfect right away, but you'd expect the "world" to be good.

Sure there was. Have you read Inkkognito's review? She's ridden 6 times already and has said that it is amazing. Spiderman on steroids was her quote. She said the ride was a walk on this morning and she rode it 5 times.

Of course not everything is perfect. Did you really expect it to be?

Sure there was. Have you read Inkkognito's review? She's ridden 6 times already and has said that it is amazing. Spiderman on steroids was her quote. She said the ride was a walk on this morning and she rode it 5 times.

Do you mean the review where the ride stopped while she was upside down? Yes, I read that one.

Since Pred was able to ride the day before, do you think the employees were briefed that anyone who looks to weigh over a certain amount should not be let on the ride? Maybe they are trying to keep the total weight below a certain number of lbs and therefore have to keep anyone who looks to be over, say 225, off the ride? Also, maybe that is why they made the seats smaller. They may have figured that would eliminate anyone over a certain weight?

Just trying to guess what the deal might be.

The ride technology itself is going to limit a lot of things. Not only are people who don't fit in the restraints not going to be able to ride but also those with motion sickness, heart problems, claustraphobia, back problems, those who are pregnant, etc. If they make the ride suitable for all riders we are back to It's a Small World. Weight is only one of many restrictions here but it seems to be the only one that people are having an issue with.

I understand Pred's issue completely. Being able to ride one day and not the next is just wrong. However, lots of people of being denied access because of other factors.

If my 235-240 lbs are an issue, pRticularly next to my sins 110 lbs thN Universal is more screwed than I could imagine.

The info I received from talking to Team Members throughout WWOHP and particularly those working on FJ is that the problems stem from any type of stoppage and some slowdowns. Getting it restarted appears to be a major issue. If they have to evacuate it takes 45 minutes to an hour. Then another 1-2 hours to get it restarted and back in synch, that us IF they can get it restarted.

Wow, 4 times in a couple of hours, amazing-like spiderman on steroids. That sounds close enough to perfect to me. I am really starting to wish I hadnt decided to wait until October. I would gladly be willing to deal with the few issues I am hearing because these reviews are getting me really hyped for the WWOHP.

I'm sorry, I'm trying to understand this. So, are they limiting the weight because it is difficult to restart the ride (if it goes down) if it is holding more weight?

Forgive me, I am just trying to understand why you were not allowed to ride. You can fit into the seat, so it doesn't make sense.

If my 235-240 lbs are an issue, pRticularly next to my sins 110 lbs thN Universal is more screwed than I could imagine.

The info I received from talking to Team Members throughout WWOHP and particularly those working on FJ is that the problems stem from any type of stoppage and some slowdowns. Getting it restarted appears to be a major issue. If they have to evacuate it takes 45 minutes to an hour. Then another 1-2 hours to get it restarted and back in synch, that us IF they can get it restarted.

^^^^

What she said. I get why some are upset, especially those who could not cancel without a penalty after buying the packages but before knowing it would be only two hours. We are going this coming Saturday, and to be honest are very happy even if it is only two hours. As on0site only we could have cancelled, in fact we had no clue (and still do not 100%) if we would even get in. But we usually like going in the mornings anyways, and then leaving by the time the heat gets stiffling, and to have WWoHP basically crowd free for a couple hours, see everything and be out of the park by noon, maybe to return later toward evening sounds like heaven to me. Especially compared to how absolutely nuts it will be only a week later. I realize others will have different opinions, but for me it is about perfect. And that is the point there is bad to this, but there is a good side as well. It is not all of one side or the other.

Total AGREE!! We are coming Saturday as well and can't wait for our special time in WWoHP. I know we can do probably more in those two hours with limited crowds than anyother time with regular GP crowds. There is no way this can be duplicated in the future with small crowds in that part of the park. I'm sure of it!

I am soooo bummed! I heard that they were letting the general public in today.. heard it while I was packing up my over night to head home...:sad1: My DD had to be at work by 4pm today & we live 3 hours away. I didn't want to go & leave at noon.. so we just headed home without going...

This may have been asked but does anyone know if FJ is going to have a line for the Express holders? I would assume since its a major attraction that it would have it like the others do, but obviously not until after it officially opens.

Can anyone confirm this?

This may have been asked but does anyone know if FJ is going to have a line for the Express holders? I would assume since its a major attraction that it would have it like the others do, but obviously not until after it officially opens.

Can anyone confirm this?
there is one but it might not be open for a while

The way it's been described, you are put on your back at one point, looking straight up.

Do you think this might be the reason they might be limiting the weight of the riders? The ride may not be able to deal with a total combined weight over a certain amount if it is inverting. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter