The Wilderness Lodge and Villas FAQ (Part 7) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wherever you do decide to eat, just make sure you have an ADR and remember that many of the table service restaurants serve a similar turkey-type dinner. I would recommend the Hoop-De-Doo for Christmas if you're staying at the Lodge and want BBQ-type foods. I think that would be lots of fun and the food is great, but you will have to pay a holiday premium and can't use any discounts such as TIW.

Have a great Christmas at the Lodge:santa:

I like that suggestion of the Hoop- De-Doo Review, always wanted to see it, and the BBQ dinner sounds perfect for us. I think we are doing the dining plan too so hopefully that will cover the premium, if not hubby will be digg'in in his pockets for the difference,Lol!!! Again thankyou, you have been very helpful....:wizard:

I like that suggestion of the Hoop- De-Doo Review, always wanted to see it, and the BBQ dinner sounds perfect for us. I think we are doing the dining plan too so hopefully that will cover the premium, if not hubby will be digg'in in his pockets for the difference,Lol!!! Again thankyou, you have been very helpful....:wizard:
Glad I could help and maybe we'll end-up seeing you at the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue on Christmas. Here is a link to a video of the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jm2rL2reH8

And, the menu:

http://allears.net/din/hddcom.htm

And, the DDP details:

Disney Dining Plan: The Dining Plan can be used for the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue for Categories 2 and 3 seating. TWO table service credits will be deducted for these shows. Effective August 19, 2007, the Dining Plan can also be used for Category 1 seating at the 9:30 p.m. show, using two table service meal entitlements.

LOVE this video - gives a great tour of the lodge !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3kRw2iv5SM

Don't know how you can love this video on You tube? We have the fast internet service but the video is very choppy. We are members at the WL but found this video very lacking due only to it's load and flow capability. We were looking forward to watching and just got frustrated with it stopping to load.:confused3 The real Wilderness Lodge is amazing however and you will love it.:thumbsup2

I can sense you're a little stressed, but I think this is a great change and you'll love the WL. Now you'll be able to boat to the MK and FTW and the CR. From the CR you can take the monorail to the TTC to Epcot or stop by the Poly and GF for a bite to eat. FTW is just a walk away and I highly recommend you take a stroll over there and see the horses or maybe do an activity or go to Hoop-De-Doo for dinner. We love renting bikes at WL and biking over. Also, you should try and do the free Lodge tour.

I posted the May Movies on the Beach schedule earlier this month, but here is the linkpopcorn::

http://www.buildabettermousetrip.com/activity-outdoormovie.php#wilderness

Also, here's a link to a site that will have more WL info. and photos:

http://www.wildernesslodgesite.com/content/other-activities

Do you have an ADR for WCC or Artist's Point? If you've never eaten at Whispering Canyon, I highly recommend it. It's a lot of fun and the food is plentiful and good.

What room category have you booked? I know it's last minute, but I think you'll have a great time. I think it's the perfect resort for a first visit. It has a great "WOW" factor that you'll never forget:)

Thank you so much for your reply!!!! I am going to try to go to the links now...I do have an ADR for WCC at 9:05 ... on the 28th... I wanted it earlier but, wouldn't you know it,......booked...:rotfl: ..ha ha ha I "had" an Akershus (prob spelled wrong) and was so excited about it and had to cancel it since I won't be at Disney tomorrow:headache: ...(i sure hope my DH boss isn't reading this :laughing:)
but i still am able to use my Sci FI and Le Cell .... and I was able to get a Brown Derby with Fantasmic pckg however i really wanted the italian from what i read on here but it was that or nothing.... oh and i have 50's cafe and WCC...no princesses :sad2: I wanted 1900 Park for me more than for my DD11 but no go on that either. The room is kind of confusing me ...on the phone she said it was courtyard view ...but then she said standard view was about 1000 more??? I was confused...i was writing what she was telling me and even now i am still confused. I told her i didn't need to see the woods and I would take the least expensive so i got courtyard...i think...:confused3
How do I know what the room number will be? my email said Bj4 do you know what that means?

I am excited to see the links and to make a new binder...since I can't use the POFQ May 21st to the 28th anymore:sad2: but at least this time i have experience :rotfl:

I just watched the video and almost cried :love: my husband has only been on one vacation in his life to a one room cabin in TN....he is going to FAINT!!!! I don't think I will show this too him so that he can be shocked when we drive up!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! Thanks for posting it:goodvibes

You are going to LOVE the Wilderness Lodge.:banana:There is nothing like walking into that lobby for the very first time. We love just walking the grounds at night when everything is lit up. Wishing you and yours a MAGICAL trip. pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Glad I could help and maybe we'll end-up seeing you at the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue on Christmas. Here is a link to a video of the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jm2rL2reH8

And, the menu:

http://allears.net/din/hddcom.htm

And, the DDP details:

Disney Dining Plan: The Dining Plan can be used for the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue for Categories 2 and 3 seating. TWO table service credits will be deducted for these shows. Effective August 19, 2007, the Dining Plan can also be used for Category 1 seating at the 9:30 p.m. show, using two table service meal entitlements.

Thank you very much for the video links, I enjoyed it very much. I believe my family and I will enjoy eating our meal and all the shananigans going on around us... The menu is more our speed here. Again thank you for all our help, and yes we will probably go and maybe we will see you there.:santa:

Question about pool toys...

We've stayed at WL for the last 2 years becuase we LUV it! But, my brain isn't working... are the kids allowed to bring pool toys? I bought water launchers from the Dollar Store for our gang going in August. They're long tubes you pump to spray water at each other.

I did buy a few extras for the adults.

I'm sure the TSA will have a ball with my luggage when they screen it... packing WMW weapons of mass water.

Question about pool toys...

We've stayed at WL for the last 2 years becuase we LUV it! But, my brain isn't working... are the kids allowed to bring pool toys? I bought water launchers from the Dollar Store for our gang going in August. They're long tubes you pump to spray water at each other.

I did buy a few extras for the adults.

I'm sure the TSA will have a ball with my luggage when they screen it... packing WMW weapons of mass water.

My boys have always brought small beach buckets and shovels and a few boats.... not sure what Disney's policy is on the water launchers... personally I don't care for them :sad2:

why does it seem like the days r just draging by? Cant wait to get to Disney and the VWL.

Anyone have any new tips or anything to talk about today. Trying to keep my mind off of waiting. TIA

why does it seem like the days r just draging by? Cant wait to get to Disney and the VWL.

Anyone have any new tips or anything to talk about today. Trying to keep my mind off of waiting. TIA

No new tips here, just getting excited!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I can't believe only 12 days til I walk back into the lobby.

Don't forget to ask about being Flag Family when you check in. You never know!!

Brian

Thanks Brian..forgot about asking about flag family. You and the family getting excited? We will be having the single digit dance soon:banana::banana:. Just havin a hard time with the days passing by so slow.

Thanks Brian..forgot about asking about flag family. You and the family getting excited? We will be having the single digit dance soon:banana::banana:. Just havin a hard time with the days passing by so slow.
Yeah we are. Though we are leaving the little one at home with Grandma. So this is an Adults only 3 night trip. I'm hoping for a nice upgrade, fingers crossed.

How bout your family??

Brian

Where is the Humphry I need to check out when I arrive? Is it the totem pole outside the giftshop?
Thanks!
Getting closer!!

Where is the Humphry I need to check out when I arrive? Is it the totem pole outside the giftshop?
Thanks!
Getting closer!!

Yup rub his nose before you check in for extra pixiedust! LOL!! :thumbsup2

He worked for us the last two trips, both upgraded from standard to CY view. :cool1:

Brian

Yeah we are. Though we are leaving the little one at home with Grandma. So this is an Adults only 3 night trip. I'm hoping for a nice upgrade, fingers crossed.

How bout your family??

Brian

Have a great trip:)
You are both brave and lucky to be leaving little miss princess with grammy! Enjoy every minute of peace and sleep that you can get;)...lord knows when you will get it again!
Tracy

Just a quick question, can't remember if I had already asked this or not. Have you or do you plan on decorating your door/windows on your trip? We have stayed in the Value and the Moderate resorts and have decorated our doors and windows. This will be our first time at a Deluxe resort and wondered if there are any rules for decorating. TIA for any comments.

Yup rub his nose before you check in for extra pixiedust! LOL!! :thumbsup2

He worked for us the last two trips, both upgraded from standard to CY view. :cool1:

Brian

that would be nice but we have never ever been upgraded and now dvc members that almost never happens. good luck for others though:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter