The Wilderness Lodge and Villas FAQ (Part 7) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the same problem, we are there 3/12 - 11/12 with a courtyard bunkbed room and there is only my husband and myself. We tried to get a room without the bunkbeds but that is what the discount was offering. I just can't see taking a room with the bunkbeds that a family could use.

Exactly - not only do I hate to take a room that a family will use, but I also hate to pay for a bunk bed room rate when we don't need the bunk beds!

Although with 40%, it's cheaper than a woods view rate at full price - and there just aren't any available at all.

Welcome home to all the August travelers! Sorry we missed the meet and greet. Sounds like you all had fun!!!

Here's my review of Disney/Wilderness Lodge:

Now the bad... remember when WDW laid off 1500 employees two years ago... it shows. The parks were dirty. Main Street was trashed after the parades. We closed MK down 2 nights for the kiss goodnight and were shocked with the trash on the streets. Cast Members are over worked. I stood at a register waiting to make a purchase while I had to listen to the two of them ***** about how stressed they were, wanting to quit WDW and go to Universal. Really? I know working stinks, but you don't have to air your grips in front of guests. Only one CM called DD Princess all week.

Sounds like you had a great trip overall. I was there from Aug 6-15th and didn't find the parks dirty at all. What you describe seems to reflect lazy people who don't throw their garbage away after the parades and simply leave it for all the CMs to clean up...which is sad. Those guests should know enough to use the many garbage cans located all over the place. I am assuming that other than those parade times, you found it clean?

I want to stay at WL so bad. I booked a room for Jan., now I just have to hurry up and save up the money. I hope I don't have to cancel. We have only been to WDW in June, and I would love to go when its cooler and less crowded.....I would feel like a real princess. LOL. This resort looks so beautiful and cozy. The perfect resort for winter.

Hi fellow WLers!

We're booked for a visit on 12/8-12/13 at WL. We used a 40% pin code I got a few months ago - and can't wait!

Here's my question - when I booked, the only room available with the pin was a courtyard-bunk bed room - so we took that. Since, we've been able to get a woods view-bunk bed room. We're only 2 people - so don't need the bunk beds - and ideally would love just a regular woods view room.

I've been calling occasionally to see if something has come available - but no luck so far. What do you think the chances are that a regular woods view room will come available? If anytime it would probably be around the 45 day mark, right?

Thanks! princess:

We have the same problem, we are there 3/12 - 11/12 with a courtyard bunkbed room and there is only my husband and myself. We tried to get a room without the bunkbeds but that is what the discount was offering. I just can't see taking a room with the bunkbeds that a family could use.

I experienced the same thing when we booked in May with the 40% discount. I actually wanted the Bunk Bed room, but I did notice that Standard, Woods, and Courtyard Views were not even available. I suspect that they do not even include those room categories with the discount?

I experienced the same thing when we booked in May with the 40% discount. I actually wanted the Bunk Bed room, but I did notice that Standard, Woods, and Courtyard Views were not even available. I suspect that they do not even include those room categories with the discount?

We booked 2 woods view last Oct for our Feb stay on a 40% PIN. No standards were avail. or ever were! When the AP discounts came out in Nov, I tried every day to get the Woods or Standard. Nothing ever became avail. We would have liked to have saved the addl 5%! AKL just so you know was avail for our first week of Feb timeframe, I saw it as one of the other choices when checking for WL. In 2003, no problem with getting a standard at WL booked with AP discount (and we were upgraded to inner courtyard n/c)

We booked 2 woods view last Oct for our Feb stay on a 40% PIN. No standards were avail. or ever were! When the AP discounts came out in Nov, I tried every day to get the Woods or Standard. Nothing ever became avail. We would have liked to have saved the addl 5%! AKL just so you know was avail for our first week of Feb timeframe, I saw it as one of the other choices when checking for WL. In 2003, no problem with getting a standard at WL booked with AP discount (and we were upgraded to inner courtyard n/c)

I was able to book 2 connecting woods view with the 40% pin for August 11-14. We were upgraded to courtyard at check in as they couldn't do connecting with the woods view. I would have preferred one room to be bunk bed but apparently those don't connect, regardless of view.

1083.jpg

1088.jpg

1079.jpg

1064.jpg

Thanks for the pictures brunette 8706. I love that first pool picture! Its that kind of detail that I crave before a trip :goodvibes.

I was able to book 2 connecting woods view with the 40% pin for August 11-14. We were upgraded to courtyard at check in as they couldn't do connecting with the woods view. I would have preferred one room to be bunk bed but apparently those don't connect, regardless of view.

Did you have connecting Courtyard view? Just curious since they upgraded us from 2 connecting Woods view a few days before getting there and we were told at checkin that NO connecting rooms existed in the resort that had connecting Courtyard views. We were told that everyother Courtyard WAS a bunk!! Something else!! (we had queen rooms and needed them)

My SO and I have just booked a getaway to WL in January. I have visited there before, but never stayed there. I remember a CM friend of mine telling me years ago about watching the fireworks from the roof. Is this something that guests are allowed to do, or was that just a CM thing?
just bumping this up

Does anyone know?

Thanks!

If anyone is staying at WL or the villas now, we're leaving tomorrow and have 1/2 a case of Dasani water bottles and a gallon of deer park water. We can't take it on the plane & hate to just throw it out. We're looking to give it away. If anyone's interested, PM me. We'll be at the hotel until around 4:30pm and then will be back late tonight. :)

If anyone is staying at WL or the villas now, we're leaving tomorrow and have 1/2 a case of Dasani water bottles and a gallon of deer park water. We can't take it on the plane & hate to just throw it out. We're looking to give it away. If anyone's interested, PM me. We'll be at the hotel until around 4:30pm and then will be back late tonight. :)

That is a a great idea!! Will have to keep in mind for future visits, as we always encounter this problem :goodvibes

Has anyone ever shipped packages to the resort? I know this part of the FAQ, but I'm wondering if anyone has used diapers.com? They're so easy to order from and usually only take 1 day to ship, I was thinking it might be a great solution instead of carrying them in our luggage.

Has anyone ever shipped packages to the resort? I know this part of the FAQ, but I'm wondering if anyone has used diapers.com? They're so easy to order from and usually only take 1 day to ship, I was thinking it might be a great solution instead of carrying them in our luggage.

I didn't to WL but did to FW and it worked really well. I did have to ask twice for them to find my packages but they all were there. I think it's a grand idea! I imagine you could include them with a grocery order as well and I know Costco actually will deliver locally. We didn't use Costco (did GG) but I know people that have.

:goodvibes

I didn't to WL but did to FW and it worked really well. I did have to ask twice for them to find my packages but they all were there. I think it's a grand idea! I imagine you could include them with a grocery order as well and I know Costco actually will deliver locally. We didn't use Costco (did GG) but I know people that have.

:goodvibes

Thanks, hon! I just think of all the times we actually packed diapers with our oldest, and if I could ship them and free up some luggage room, it would be awesome!

Thanks, hon! I just think of all the times we actually packed diapers with our oldest, and if I could ship them and free up some luggage room, it would be awesome!

No kidding! When the boys were little I would have a suitcase JUST for diapers and supplies! Now that they charge for bags, you may as well just ship stuff.

I want to stay at WL so bad. I booked a room for Jan., now I just have to hurry up and save up the money. I hope I don't have to cancel. We have only been to WDW in June, and I would love to go when its cooler and less crowded.....I would feel like a real princess. LOL. This resort looks so beautiful and cozy. The perfect resort for winter.

I can't wait to stay here! Seems like the perfect place to spend Christmas!!

You guys won't be disappointed! Tink20, WDW in Jan /Feb is THE BEST. I wish I could go then every year. The only drawback is that more things seem to be closed for rehab but we have never had more than 1-2 favorites closed while there. It's worth the trade-off to me! I'll gladly give up a few attractions for the cool temps. Leaves more time for Kitchen Sinks at Beaches & Cream!! haha...... To PKT531... Our first visit there as a family was the week after Thanksgiving in '06 when everything was decorated for the holidays. It was awesome and, so far, has been my favorite time there. (Although our free upgrade from POR to the CR Garden Wing was memorable as well! Talk about pixie dust that trip... :wizard:)To this day, the WL is our favorite resort. I hope you guys find it to be your home-away-from-home as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter