The Wilderness Lodge and Villas FAQ (Part 7) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will stay at the WL in April for the first time. I usually stay in CTR but with these great prices i could get the Lodge for a great price reduction. I have always loved the look of the WL. I will have to plan a Christmas stay there as well. No other resort could have the homespun appeal as the WL during Christmas. Planning a trip is soo much fun and gets you happy with full anticipation.

Just a friendly bump back to page one and HELLO to all my WL Vet friends. You know who you are!

We're thinking about upgrading to the WL . . . We're currently booked at CSR from Apr 30 - May 8 . . .

I've been reading through this thread and seen several posts about being "upgraded" at WL once you get there . . . do you have to ask for this when you're checking in?

Can anyone talk me in to why we should upgrade to WL from CSR?

We're thinking about upgrading to the WL . . . We're currently booked at CSR from Apr 30 - May 8 . . .

I've been reading through this thread and seen several posts about being "upgraded" at WL once you get there . . . do you have to ask for this when you're checking in?

Can anyone talk me in to why we should upgrade to WL from CSR?

Upgrades are very hard to come by in WDW...just don't count on it. Yes sometimes you may get a better view but its better to book the category you want because 99.9% of the time that is what you get.
:)

We just got back yesterday from Disney World and had a great time. We stayed for 6 nights at Wilderness Lodge in a woods view bunk bed room. Our room, 4032 was right off the elevator and was a great location for us. I only heard noise from the elevator area a few times during our stay. We could see the castle and the Contemporary Resort through the trees and had a half decent view of the fireworks.

We loved the look and feel of the resort, the lobby is incredible. Also being able to walk down to the dock and catch a boat to the Magic Kingdom was great. The kids loved the pool area and we also had fun searching for the hidden Mickeys.

I would have to agree that the rooms are getting worn. Our room had some issues. The sinks dripped and the shower curtain rings were rusted. While I know these are minor issues but for what Disney charges for a room there shouldn't be these type of problems. There was also a couple of issues with mousekeeping on 2 days.

We just got back yesterday from Disney World and had a great time. We stayed for 6 nights at Wilderness Lodge in a woods view bunk bed room. Our room, 4032 was right off the elevator and was a great location for us. I only heard noise from the elevator area a few times during our stay. We could see the castle and the Contemporary Resort through the trees and had a half decent view of the fireworks.

We loved the look and feel of the resort, the lobby is incredible. Also being able to walk down to the dock and catch a boat to the Magic Kingdom was great. The kids loved the pool area and we also had fun searching for the hidden Mickeys.

I would have to agree that the rooms are getting worn. Our room had some issues. The sinks dripped and the shower curtain rings were rusted. While I know these are minor issues but for what Disney charges for a room there shouldn't be these type of problems. There was also a couple of issues with mousekeeping on 2 days.

I travel a bunch for work and I'm always finding something in the hotel rooms that needs to be looked at, fixed, or cleaned. I'm hoping I'll be more tolerant the next time I check in at a Disney resort :) As long as they respond right away, that's good.

When was the last time WL was remodeled? I thought someone said it was in the past few years. If that is so, they shouldn't be so worn.

I travel a bunch for work and I'm always finding something in the hotel rooms that needs to be looked at, fixed, or cleaned. I'm hoping I'll be more tolerant the next time I check in at a Disney resort :) As long as they respond right away, that's good.

When was the last time WL was remodeled? I thought someone said it was in the past few years. If that is so, they shouldn't be so worn.

I believe someone said WL rooms were redone in 2005-2006.

I know the rooms get heavy use but the issues in our rooms were things that the staff should have noticed and corrected as they service the room.

I didn't speak to anyone about the issues until our 2nd problem with mousekeeping on our 5th night. At that point a manager offered to have someone correct the maintenance problems that night. Since it was late I told her the following day would be fine. She did offer turn down service for our last 2 nights to make up for the problem. We did get the turn down that night but the following day the problems weren't fixed and we never received the turn down service that night. Since it was our last night I didn't really want to waste anymore time of our trip complaining about it so I didn't follow up on it.

Like I said they were minor issues that we didn't let spoil our trip but it was disappointing that Disney seems to have let the condition of the rooms decline.

Ahhhhh....I miss WL! I had to check out this thread. The rooms were remodeled in 2006. Wow I am surprised to hear about rooms being 'worn'. My family was there in August 2005 (definitely more than 3 1/2 years since previous remodel) and our room was fine. As far as mousekeeping...the toilet was leaking. I called and it was fixed that day while we were gone. I think everyone has their own opinions and evaluations regarding issues with a room. At least we all know one thing...make sure you call if you're really unhappy with something. They need to know.

can anyone please help w/ our transportation while there?
what is the best way to get to the different parks? and the contemporary? (chef Mickeys and a Pirate cruise WAHOO)

I can't wait...I really hope the rooms aren't that bad. I will be reporting anything. Because: how will they fix it if they don't know about it. You are paying more to stay there but I think ALL hotels esp. disney should keep up on the honey do list. ;) Of course, I will be bringing my own lysol to disinfect a few things.

We've been staying at the WL since 2003; we were there last June and the room was fine. Just remember it is Disney but it's not going to be perfect. We've been to DW many times and have found that a positive attitude makes the trip; if people are looking for imperfections they will find them!

We prefer to take the boat to the MK & to the CR and we build enough time in to cover waiting for the boat. You can take the bus to the MK and it's a short (2 city block?) walk to the CR.

Typically we will take the bus to the other parks but we have taken the boat to the CR and then the monorail to the TTC, and catch the Epcot monorail when we are not in a hurry.

I don't think I have posted here yet. We are staying at the WL for the first time this summer. Die hard POR fans but with a code we decided to try WL. It is also our wedding so we decided to splurge. We have a couryard view. Is that a nice view? I am just happy to have a balcony. Even if it is a long walk can you walk to Trail's End? We did the Segway Tour once and thought we went on a path to WL. I am worried about missing the food court at POR and the boat to DTD. There is always a bus to DTD. I think having a balcony will make up for it.

I don't think I have posted here yet. We are staying at the WL for the first time this summer. Die hard POR fans but with a code we decided to try WL. It is also our wedding so we decided to splurge. We have a couryard view. Is that a nice view? I am just happy to have a balcony. Even if it is a long walk can you walk to Trail's End? We did the Segway Tour once and thought we went on a path to WL. I am worried about missing the food court at POR and the boat to DTD. There is always a bus to DTD. I think having a balcony will make up for it.

Courtyard is the best view available. It overlooks the pool and interior landscaping. Put "inner courtyard" on your room request to be safe. Some have views of the lake as well.

Yes you can walk to Trails' End. I believe it is a 20 min walk on an unlit gravel path (probably the same you used for the Segway). There is also a boat that serves Fort Wilderness, WL, and Contemporary if you prefer.

I believe Roaring Fork is pretty slim picking compared to POR, but we do like the few choices they provide. Also, you can get to CR which we plan to try on our first evening. Last time we did Trails' End To Go and it was great.

Hi... I'm a newby to the threads and just needed to say how much my family and I love WL. We were there last June and had a blast. We had a minor issue with light bulbs being out over the a bed and maintenance was great in taking care of the problem. It ended up being an electrical issue and not just a blown bulb.

I can't wait to return some day.

:cloud9: That look divine! Thank you for posting this ^^^, CR_Resort_Fan4Life. (Recently reloated to TN from BFLO - seen the Leafs play many times against my Sabres :) )

can anyone please help w/ our transportation while there?
what is the best way to get to the different parks? and the contemporary? (chef Mickeys and a Pirate cruise WAHOO)

Taken from the first posting of the first page:
TRANSPORTATION:
You can take a direct Boat or Bus to the Magic Kingdom. Boats also ferry you to Ft Wilderness and the Contemporary. Buses take you EPCOT, Disney Hollywood Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, and the water parks.* To reach other resorts, go to the Magic Kingdom (daytime) or Downtown Disney (evening), and then transfer to a resort bus. Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge share many of their bus routes, so travel to and from Fort Wilderness is quite convenient.*

There is a boat that goes from the WL to FT to CR. That is your best bet for Chef Mickey. Where is the Pirate cruise at?

I am excited. I have booked a 7 night stay at WL. We were orginally going to POR, but I decided since it was our first trip to Disney ever that we should go all out. The pics I have seen of the resort look amazing. Hopefully it will be money well spent. :)

Going by the ages of your children, I'm going to guess you will want to spend a lot of time in MK? If so, then the WL is a great choice. The boat ride over to the park just makes seem so much more magical.

Enjoy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter