• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The What's For Dinner Thread - May '09(recipe index in OP)

Hello. I think they must have moved Illinois to Seatle! It has rained more days than not. Kathy I would gladly send you some rain if only I had the power :confused3.

Sorry I've been MIA. This rain must be why I'm in a slump. If it isn't I have no clue why then.:upsidedow

Marilyn Have a great trip I wish you great weather and much relaxation.:hug:

Maria You have one thoughtful Mom. Bless her for looking out for you and Greg. Have a great time :hug:

Glynis I am so sorry you all are so sick. :hug: to all of you from over here away from any illness.

Laura The regular flu is bad enough I sure hope you and your family don't get the swine flu.

Sorry if I missed anyone :hug:'s all around

Thanks everyone for congratulating Liam and the team! I'm a bit worried about him today. I told you he was exhausted when we came home last night, but he also had a terrible headache and a low fever. He woke up later than usual this morning, but no fever. He just came downstairs a few minutes ago, after spending most of the morning in his room, and the headache and fever are back. He says nothing else is wrong except for the headache and the fever isn't high enough to be flu or anything like that, so I am :confused3 I gave him Motrin and a bottle of water and put on a movie. We'll see how he is in an hour.

I hope it's just a passing 24 hour virus :hug:

:cloud9:Baby News !!!!!!! :cloud9: I had my appointment and we are making more progress. I am 3 cm. dialated & 50% efaced. I told Dr. about my dream and she said it would not surprise her one bit if I went tomorrow. Dr. guesses the baby's weight to be 7 1/2 to 8 lbs. My BP was 120/85, and I gained a pound. Emma's heartbeat was a strong 138. If nothing happens over the weekend my next Dr. visit is Monday. Cross your fingers for a baby over the weekend.

Weeeeeeeee! You have someone you're going to call, right?

What a lovely day that was!! It must be great fun to be with extended family like that.

I just wanted to pop in and say hello...I've been lurking...I've been busy and things are getting done. I have an address, I got my car loan approved, and I have an appointment to go into my new school to fill out employee paperwork. :woohoo:

It sounds like things are trucking along for you! I am sorry about the rain; that's miserable. Are you using a moving company or doing the move yourselves?

We ended up at McDonalds :sad2: I had to shop for supplies for VBS and children's camp and spent over 3 hours at Walmart. I HATE Walmart. DH came with me and we shopped for stuff the entire day. We finally checked out there at 630 and I still needed to hit Home Depot and Target. I love to shop but I do not enjoy shopping for this kind of stuff.

Evening Y'all,

Laura, Thanks! I'm happy Liam is doing better & it doesn't look like swine flu!

Janice, Sorry the weather has you feeling blue!:hug: I'm with Kat, I wish you could send some of that rain down here. It's been so hot & no rain in sight. I've been having to water the potted plants twice a day & the yard every day.

Aimee,Sorry you had to spend 3 hrs in Wally World, that's enough to give you a major headache !:hug:

Glynis, I love the pic of the kids in bed! Too sweet! This is sounding like a wonderful vacation/family reunion!:goodvibes

Marilyn Have a great trip I wish you great weather and much relaxation.:hug:

It is supposed to be in the 90's the entire time we are there.:scared: Probably spend a lot of time in the pool in my new swim suit. :yay: I ran errands today and ended up looking at suits at Target. I really wanted a tankini and found a great top but the bottoms, that I loved, didn't fit. :headache: I had to run to WalMart to get a 7 day feeder for my fish and ended up getting a regular pair of shorts to go with the top, looks pretty good.

I have two books to read, the new Dean Koontz and one by Steven Alten.

I still have to get the feeder though, Target didn't have one and neither did WalMart, so off I go to the pet store tomorrow. :headache:

I have one big project tomorrow at work and I am all set to go. Left all the instructions and have to remember to leave the keys.

I have just a few little things left to pack and I am all ready here too. I am taking two small suitcases, one I am taking with me and one that my DM is taking with her on the Auto train.

I have Bunco tomorrow night. The hostess, who is from India, is making all of the food. :love: After that it is off to VA to my sisters. My DN has swim team early Saturday and I am going down tomorrow night so she can leave the little one with me. As soon as they are done there it will be a mad dash to get both my sis and DN showered, dressed and all of us on the road in two differant directions.

Of course I forgot...

Glynis- sorry to hear about the flu, feel better.

And I just discovered that I broke my camera! :headache: I had been having problems with it anyway, it wouldn't hold a charge even after I bought a new battery, and the other day I dropped it. Now when I turn it on it turns right back off. :sad2: Luckily though Best Buy has the same one on sale this week for $99. So a trip to BB is also in order for tomorrow.

Not sure if I'll be on in the morning or if Greg has decided to bring a lap top.

Nancy, have a wonderful time in NYC, don't forget the Campbell Apartment!

Kat, so glad the audit is over, I hope you plan on some rest & wine this weekend.

Ann~ can't wait until I get the call!!!! Emma has so many people waiting for her!

Marisa~ I shared some drug info. with Nan this morning....hope it helps. Easy on the knee.

Glynis~ I'm so sorry about the flu. Prayers for all of you.

Sheryl~ Yeah for ALEXIS! We have missed you.

Lauren, I received mail today, thank you.

Vickie~ stay on the road to recovery.

Gretchen, I didn't put your books in the mail because I plan to go through 4 while away so you will be getting a really big box in a few weeks. Hope everyone is ok:hug:

Charlene, your PMs cracked me up......

Laura~ praying for Liam...hope you are just dealing with a passing cold.

Marilyn have a great trip!!!!

Bethany~ not much longer now. Soon you'll be a NOLA girl:)

My brain just went into freeze mode so if I missed anything I apologize & look forward to "speaking" to you soon.
Anything major please contact me by my cell.
Much Love to All.....Maria

Mornin lassies....

Glynis - Im so sorry youse are all so sick.

Glad the meds are helping.

Marilyn - Have a wonderful trip

Laura - Im glad Liam is feelin a little better, hugs to him.

Ann - Hope todays the day !!

Have a good day lassies BBL x

Still have tommy...just wanted to say...

bon voyage maria and greg!!!
I am borrowing this please :cutie:

Have a wonderful time! Think of me in London... after all of the romance novels I read (blushing from my nose to my toes here) it is one city I really wanted to see. Drat teenage boys!

DH is home sick with...no not swine flu...something much worst...MAN FLU !!

:rolleyes: really, I am trying to be sympathetic but geez.....

Sending you patience over the water! My DH dis the same...it is a man thing...and it is :scared:

Seen the Dr.yesterday and now I have to get a cortizone shot in my my groin of the hip I had replaced. So sick of Dr.s but they are all so kind.

Have a good day Lauri

I hope that the shot works! No more pain for you!

:cloud9:Baby News !!!!!!! :cloud9: I had my appointment and we are making more progress. I am 3 cm. dialated & 50% efaced. I told Dr. about my dream and she said it would not surprise her one bit if I went tomorrow. Dr. guesses the baby's weight to be 7 1/2 to 8 lbs. My BP was 120/85, and I gained a pound. Emma's heartbeat was a strong 138. If nothing happens over the weekend my next Dr. visit is Monday. Cross your fingers for a baby over the weekend.

Marisa is going to have to keep checking in this weekend and call me if Emma appears! Oh no....I am getting teary just thinking about her :cloud9:

I would love to but dont know how....as Homer would say " DOH !! "

PM Marisa your password and she will do it for you. She can also tell you how to do it. I know this becasue she used to do my Sig too ;)

Alan took me to the doctor on Tuesday morning, and they did a flu test. It came back positive for H1N1! Yup, I officially have swine flu!

Take care of yourself and your family :grouphug: Prayers for our Leslie :grouphug:

I have heard that Tamiflu works very well.

Laura- how is Liam today? He may be fighting that nasty thing we had in my home. i was like that for a week, not sick, just a little off kilter.

Have you heard from Greg?

Sheryl- You are a great Nana! If you want I can ask Amy for some tips on reading. She did tell us that it "just clicks" and then you wonder why you ever worried about it. I'll ask Marisa what they did with Kady, last year she was barely reading at a 1st grade level and now she is where she belongs. We did get an "I told you so" from Amy but as a 2nd grade teacher she had the chops to say it :rotfl:

Kat- sigh of relief! I am so glad this week is over for you!

Merle- Have a wonderful time! Stay safe and enjoy!

Kat- the weather patterns are scary this year. No end in sight here for the rain, but we can live with that. The superheated Gulf is a different story

Bethany- I am reading your post and chuckling....you are a phone gal for sure :thumbsup2 Pretty soon, girl....hang on!

Janice - I missed you! The weather sure makes you feel down. The weather guy said we have had rain every day this month :sad2:

WE are leaving as soon as I get intot he shower and take care of my kitties. I have had to make "rain" plans and will fill you all in on Monday.

Marisa will be checking in for me so I don;t miss any important Baby news!

take care all and see you on Monday!

Nancy, what did I miss??? Where are you off to this weekend??? You are sweet having Marisa contact you with news.

Marilyn, have a great trip!!!

Maria, Bon Voyage my friend. I was making my tea this morning humming ... Sailing, by Christopher Cross. I am so excited for you.

Sheryl, Congrats to Alexis!!!!

Janice, sorry you have been blue. :hug:

Kathy, glad you have a break from the auditors for a bit.

Marisa, take it easy and stay off that knee.

Vickie, how is the man flu??? The boy is better correct.

Aimee, 3 hrs at Walmart would put me over the edge. :eek: I am a Target girl.

Glynis, thanks for the TR. I love the pics of the kids. Enjoy that new computer.

quick fly by...BBL

i need to get to the mall this AM b4 A gets home...he has a half day. tonight i have to volunteer at school and will pick up chinese on the way home.

nancy, have fun!

maria, have fun!!!

marilyn, have fun!

glynis, hope everyone is feeling better! prayers for all. where are the pics of you and timothy??? looks like you guys had an awesome vacation.

ok gotta run...have a great day!

Marilyn have a great trip!!!!

You too!

Well the start of my last marathon day here, then Bunco and on to my sisters. Depnding on what all I have to do the rest of today and tomorrow I may be on, if not see you all when I can.

Janice - Good to "hear" from you, you were missed.:hug:

Maria, Marilyn & Nancy - Have a great time and take pics for us!!!!!

Ann - Please check in!:goodvibes

WFD - Takeout!!

Kyle has an official "moving date"....8/15....:sad1:

Janice - Good to "hear" from you, you were missed.:hug:

Maria, Marilyn & Nancy - Have a great time and take pics for us!!!!!

WFD - Takeout!!

I will take plenty, and now that my computer is fixed I will be able to share them.

What a lovely day that was!! It must be great fun to be with extended family like that.

It really is! It's so nice because all the cousins are roughly the same age, so there's always someone to pair up with. There were never any fights about who got to go on what ride with whom! It always worked out. I'm really lucky to have such a close family!

Morning Y'all,

Ann, :hug:Hugs, :flower3:Prayers for you & Emma!:goodvibes

Maria, BON VOYAGE!!! :goodvibes We'll miss you, but know that you two will be having the time of your life! :banana:

Marilyn, I hope you manage to get it all done! Have a great time!

Nan, Have fun!

Now would someone please tell me where is she going this weekend???:confused3:laughing:

Lauri, Have you had the cortisone injection yet? How are you doing? :hug:

Thanks for all the Congrats to Alexis.

On her reading, Bethany as offered her help once she's down here!

I have a busy day of errands, that I just don't feel like doing! I also told DH I'd cook him a nice dinner to replace the barbecue I refused to do on Sunday. Alexis' dancing revue is that evening at 5:30, I just can't handle both.

I know you are all going to shake your heads at me. BUT, I have been feeling so good lately that it has me second guessing the surgery again! I know I'm nuts! :upsidedow

Maria, Marilyn and Nancy -- I hope you all have great trips!

Marilyn -- I'm sorry about your camera. That really stinks right before vacation.

Aimee -- I hate Walmart too. I think I am going there tomorrow with my dad. He is planning to buy the kids summer clothes, which is really nice of him, but Walmart on a Saturday = :headache:

Janice -- Nice to hear from you. If you see sunshine, send some this way please.

Glynis -- I am enjoying your trip report. That water looked so COLD!

Kathy -- I know it is hard having Kyle live away from home, but he is going to have a terrific year! :hug:

Ann -- Still waiting, I see...

Sheryl -- I'm glad you're feeling good. I would talk to your doctor. I think Nancy is in NYC this weekend.

Thanks everyone for the prayers and well wishes for Liam. I'm happy to report that he is fine this morning...no fever, no aches, and plenty of energy!

Liam is supposed to have a game tonight, but I don't see how they are going to be able to play. It is pouring and has been for hours. There does not seem to be any end to this weather in sight, so I'm not sure what the league is going to do about getting the games played.

WFD -- Pizza.

Checking in as requested!!!! Still here, nothing happening. Staying home resting and lounging with Luke. Snuggling watching Madagascar.

Kyle, must be excited. I know it will be hard on you, but remember it is a good thing for him.

Ann, :hug:Hugs, :flower3:Prayers for you & Emma!:goodvibes

Nan, Have fun!

Now would someone please tell me where is she going this weekend???:confused3:laughing:

I know you are all going to shake your heads at me. BUT, I have been feeling so good lately that it has me second guessing the surgery again! I know I'm nuts! :upsidedow

Thanks for hugs and prayers, please keep us in your thoughts till my little princess arrives.

As far as Nancy, I feel so much better that I am not the only one who has no idea where she is going!!!

Sheryl, so glad oyu have been feeling better lately.

Ann -- Still waiting, I see...

Thanks everyone for the prayers and well wishes for Liam. I'm happy to report that he is fine this morning...no fever, no aches, and plenty of energy!

Still here...glad ot see Liam is feeling well.

-----

WFD- DH insists on takeout, twist my arm.

Dad went to Dr. yesterday. They are putting him on steroids for a week, and have him come back in next week. They think it might be his back and not the hip now. They want him to have an MRI but he has had trouble being able to do it in the past. I don't even think he was able to make it in the open MRI. I am hoping he can get through it, if not maybe they can drug him. Hoping the steroids help.

Lauri, Have you had the cortisone injection yet? How are you doing? :hug:
No Sheryl I have it done on 7/9 They have to put me out and use ultra sound guided to do it. Please don't think twice about your surgery remember once it's done you won't ever have to have the shots again you'll feel that good all the time. Thanks for asking and so glad your feeling so good.:banana: Lauri

YAAAA so glad he isn't coming down with something. Tell him to keep up the good job.:thumbsup2 Lauri

I finally uploaded our trip pics to FB. I couldn't get the videos on there, I'll get DH to try to do something with that.

Ann, Enjoy your snuggle time with Luke!

Laura, I'm sorry the weather is so rotten!

No Sheryl I have it done on 7/9 They have to put me out and use ultra sound guided to do it. Please don't think twice about your surgery remember once it's done you won't ever have to have the shots again you'll feel that good all the time. Thanks for asking and so glad your feeling so good.:banana: Lauri

Lauri, I hope that injection helps!

If I believed I would feel good all the time after surgery, I wouldnt have any 2nd thoughts! But from what my dr has told me, I will always have a bad neck, bad back, bad spine. He has already told me to not expect total pain relief or even less numbness. He wants to do the surgery to stop the nerve damage. Feeling good now with the injection makes me wonder if a year of rehab is worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter