The What's For Dinner Thread - May '09(recipe index in OP)

Marilyn, :woohoo: you must be so thrilled computer is running good again.

Yes I am, although there are still a few little problems but I just have to be careful of downloading things off of the internet. It has McAfee on it and any time I try to add anything I need to the computer it comes up with this strange warning.

It will do for now and I will just have to save up for a new one.

Dinner tonight will be Chinese, the boss is taking us out.

Good afternoon everyone! Another quick check in.

Marisa - Wow, what a day you've had!! I hope the surgery works out ok, but I am really distressed about the rest of your news. :hug: I hate to think of you dislocating joints on a regular basis. I wish there was something else he could do for you.

I've read through all of the posts, but honestly, my brain is just not working very well. I'm so sorry and I feel like I only come here to vent and complain and I hope you can all understand and forgive me. I'm kind of overwhelmed with Dad, Hailey, the war zone that is my kitchen (long story - floor still not down and now unable to open hall bathroom door), and now our poor dog seems to be going bald. She is getting some bald spots and her hair is thinning in places and she is acting not at all like herself. The earliest the vet would take her is tomorrow morning so Kenny is doing the vet run then.

Dad is having another bad day but insisted on going to the airport to meet my sister (1.25 hour car ride). So he and Mom are picking her up. She and her girls are staying with Mom and Dad so I can't go see her until Hailey is no longer contagious and I am sure I am not coming down with the same thing.

I guess the upside to all of this is that I'm so crazy busy I don't have time to wallow in self pity. :lmao: Honestly though, I don't feel at all like myself and have sent an email to my doctor about medicating my way through this. So hopefully I will be back to my normal self soon. Just hang with me girls.

Another quick fly by...can you tell I sneak on the computer during feedings and short breaks?

Gretchen, :hug: Your dogs hair loss may be alopecia...sometimes that is caused by nerves and the doggie may be upset since you are having some work done.

Good afternoon everyone! Another quick check in.
. So hopefully I will be back to my normal self soon. Just hang with me girls.

Not going anywhere. You need to take care of yourself so you can be there for your family.:hug:

Today I changed Oct. ressies from BCV to BWV.

I'm ganna be there in Nov. we never stayed there before, I'm looking forward to trying it .

I decided I wanted a studio & there weren't any left at BCV so across the lake I go!
Love the Bellvue Bar in BW:)

Gretchen, :grouphug: praying for your Dad.

Maria, it was so nice to talk to you today. DS has been telling everyone today (Grammy and Daddy) that he spoke to Maria on the phone. He thinks he is such a big boy. He does love to talk.
I love the BWV, it is one of my favorites!

-----

WFD- I marinated and grilled boneless pork. We had caprese salad, corn, and julienned carrots with marmalade. Now I want a sweet!!!!!

Maria, Do I sound Welcome Back Kotter? :eek: Yes, I was lurking on the RHNJ thread!!!

NO!...Do you say bubbies?:confused3 They are freaks!!!!!

Ann, thank you for telling me that!!!! Anytime Luke wants to talk give me a ring, I loved talking to both of you:hug:

Charlene, we could try the Bellvue Room in October:thumbsup2
Kat, was talking about going to FF so that would be a great place for everyone to meet......
Whoever has the earliest reservation should mark the day dinner ressies can be made:), seems we are going to be a large group so tables will be hard to get.

Dinner was chicken parm sandwiches.

I have 3 main issues. One can be fixed, two cannot. The first issues is the torn miniscus and broken cartilidge. That is all going to be fixed Wednesday the 24th. He said the miniscus is shredded so he is going to repair it.

:eek: you poor thing!! I can't imagine having joint issues like that. :hug:

Just a rough week,some things that I hoped would be sorted with my surgery are..well..not sorted.

Its also my dads anniversary tomorrow so i guess im just a wee bit doon

:hug: At least you and the boy can dream about Disney for now :flower3:

I've read through all of the posts, but honestly, my brain is just not working very well. I'm so sorry and I feel like I only come here to vent and complain and I hope you can all understand and forgive me. I'm kind of overwhelmed with Dad, Hailey, the war zone that is my kitchen (long story - floor still not down and now unable to open hall bathroom door), and now our poor dog seems to be going bald. She is getting some bald spots and her hair is thinning in places and she is acting not at all like herself. The earliest the vet would take her is tomorrow morning so Kenny is doing the vet run then.

Dad is having another bad day but insisted on going to the airport to meet my sister (1.25 hour car ride). So he and Mom are picking her up. She and her girls are staying with Mom and Dad so I can't go see her until Hailey is no longer contagious and I am sure I am not coming down with the same thing.

I guess the upside to all of this is that I'm so crazy busy I don't have time to wallow in self pity. :lmao: Honestly though, I don't feel at all like myself and have sent an email to my doctor about medicating my way through this. So hopefully I will be back to my normal self soon. Just hang with me girls.

You're not burdening anyone or coming across as venting constantly; we all hit our lower spots in life and those spots are easier to muddle through if there are others helping along the way. :hug:

Thanks for all your kind words about my health :goodvibes I am still not feeling so swift but trekking on.

Looking at my to-do list, it may have been a mistake but I carved out the morning and spent it with my granddaddy at his retirement home. Y'all, he is so happy there. We had a lovely lunch there at the restaurant onsite and good conversation. He walked me to my car (to open the door, of course) and when I was driving away, he pulled up a rocking chair on the porch of the center and watched me go. I burst into tears :sad1: and sobbed halfway to work. He says he's a loner and enjoys being by himself, and truly he really has seemed to prefer that, I just hated leaving him there in the rocking chair when I went on with life. I'm such a sap, I'm crying again. I have to get it through my head that not everyone is like me and enjoy people around.

They threw me out of the office at 515 so I have 4 files of stuff to get done tonight. DH is begging to watch a couple of movies so I'll try to do both. Poor guy is anxious for entertainment when I get in and I'm so exhausted that I want nothing more than to climb into bed :laughing: Summer just kills me.

We are having Armenian beef kebabs with tabbouleh - from the latest Womans Day. If it's good, I'll post the recipe.

Charlene, we could try the Bellvue Room in October:thumbsup2
Kat, was talking about going to FF so that would be a great place for everyone to meet......
Whoever has the earliest reservation should mark the day dinner ressies can be made:), seems we are going to be a large group so tables will be hard to get.
That sounds like a plan ! Nothing like a cocktail before dinner ;)

Maria, No bubbies here! You're right about the ADR...

Charlene, a cocktail before dinner? I thought we'd be drinking all day!!!

What a night !!

Just got back from A&E with the boy.

He has been off school today with tummy ache and by 7 o'clock crying with the pain.

Poor wee scone.

Our out of hours Doc thought it was his appendix so sent us in.

After 4 hours and 4 doctors they decided it wasnt and sent us home.

Thank god ,the thought of him having surgery made me sick to my stomach.

We have to watch him tonight and tomorrow and see how he goes.

He is sleepin sound now bless him.

I am starving and shattered but very relieved.

Have a good night lassies x

P.S no FF for me !! :scared:

What a night !!

Just got back from A&E with the boy.

He has been off school today with tummy ache and by 7 o'clock crying with the pain.

Poor wee scone.

Our out of hours Doc thought it was his appendix so sent us in.

After 4 hours and 4 doctors they decided it wasnt and sent us home.

Thank god ,the thought of him having surgery made me sick to my stomach.

We have to watch him tonight and tomorrow and see how he goes.

He is sleepin sound now bless him.

I am starving and shattered but very relieved.

Have a good night lassies x

I'm so sorry to hear your son is not feeling well. hopefully tomorrow he will feel better. Try and get some rest yourself.:hug:

Maria, No bubbies here! You're right about the ADR...

Charlene, a cocktail before dinner? I thought we'd be drinking all day!!!

I feel that I might need afternoon naps on this trip!

Charlene did you ever look up those pictures we were chatting about?;)

I will look at Kat's list & see who arrives first so they can be semi-responsible for ADRs.

Gretchen, can I send you some more books before I go Friday? Would you mind?

Vickie, what a scary night!!!! Did they give you any idea what they thought is was? Maybe a virus? Poor Boy, I'll say a prayer for him. Get some rest...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter