The What's For Dinner Thread - May '09(recipe index in OP)

Maria Try and relax. I get like that sometimes when my sinuses are bad or I am going to get a migrane. Lay down and don't drive until the dizzyness passes. Didn't you get a vertigo attack awhile ago? Or was that Sheryl. If it happens again talk to your doctor about getting some antivan that should help.

No idea about dinner it looks like rain so it will be something cooked inside. Maybe porkchops and spatzle.

Hello all. Had a nice weekend. Left work early on Friday and headed straight out from there, luckily traffic wasn't too bad.

Sounds like a fantastic weekend!!

Nan, no new meds, I just had a crying jag because now I have myself scarred. I called Greg & asked him to come home.

:hug:

It's 4:45 and I just now got online - I'm swamped this week!! Tonight we are having chicken and black bean burritos, though I think I'll make mine a burrito bowl and skip the tortilla. I didn't lose as much this week as I had hoped and am going to use less of those 35 free points to see if that is the trick.

Maria Try and relax. I get like that sometimes when my sinuses are bad or I am going to get a migrane. Lay down and don't drive until the dizzyness passes. Didn't you get a vertigo attack awhile ago? Or was that Sheryl. If it happens again talk to your doctor about getting some antivan that should help.

I had a horrible vertigo attack back in Feb that scared the crap out of me. It was a really bad sinus infection. It is a horrible feeling.:hug: for you Maria.

I am on my way out to a shopping center to get some stuff, so dinner will likely be Panera or Popeyes. I'm hoping Panera will work because I don't know of one in NOLA but they do have fried chicken!

Today was better at work. I actually got a lot of things done that I needed to, so I'm still behind but not quite as bad. The ap just realized she has not done my 3rd formal observation, so that will probably be coming soon. Ugh! Oh well I don't care.

I hope Vickie's surgery went well and she is feeling as well as can be expected.

More later....

Maria, :grouphug: please take it easy. I hope Greg is home soon.
My DM is having a biopsy 6/3 on thyroid. Now you have me worried about how painful it is going to be for her.

Charlene, welcome! We are so happy to have you join our WFD crew. It is nice to know that Lauren has not said anything to scare you away from here or us!!:rotfl:

Kathy, I remember you having those vertigo attacks:scared1: ! I can't imagine...here I am being a big wimp getting weak lately.

Becky, once again you have amazed me. Thanks for sharing your talent with us here, but when do we get samples!!!!

For all those who have asked...I have been trying to rest and take it easy.
Today I ventured to Walmart with my DM, stupid...it ended up just being to much. But my parents forced me to take it easy the rest of the afternoon, and now I am home relaxing with DH.

WFD- easy stuff these days...burger and steak sandwiches, chips and pickled beets for me.

Hello friends,

I hope you all had a good weekend and Memorial Day. I haven't read back yet, but I will later.

WFDT ~ Turkey burgers with a Mandrin Orange Oriental salad. Yum - I can't wait!!

See ya all real soon.

Ann - You're no wimp my friend.:hug: Glad to hear you're trying to take it easy. Um, no more Walmart trips please missy - you don't want me, Nan & Sheryl fussin now do ya?;)

,Charlene, welcome! We are so happy to have you join our WFD crew. It is nice to know that Lauren has not said anything to scare you away from here or us!!:rotfl:

THANK YOU ! I JUST HOPE I CAN KEEP UP !

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry about keeping up, I know that I cannot. It is just nice that you have joined us!

For all those who have asked...I have been trying to rest and take it easy.
Today I ventured to Walmart with my DM, stupid...it ended up just being to much. But my parents forced me to take it easy the rest of the afternoon, and now I am home relaxing with DH.

Listen to Kathy, my very very pregnant friend. I think that it is a good thing that your Mom and Dad are there because if they were not there to insist you rest I think a few of us would be taking a road trip...........................:grouphug::grouphug:

Hello all. Had a nice weekend.

If I were you I'd tell her to bite me! :mad: Or you can tell her that she is the main reason you are leaving, that she has caused a hostile work environment and you are thinking of suing her! :rotfl:

It sounds like you had a great weekend!

I think you are right, Bethany has been working in a hostile environment that has gotten so stressful she has actually gotten physically ill.

Nan, no new meds, I just had a crying jag because now I have myself scarred. I called Greg & asked him to come home.
Oh Honey, don't be scared. You have been pretty sick and could be fighting an infection off. It is good that Greg is coming home, it sounds like you need the support right now. :grouphug:

I am not sure when I will be able to check in but I will as soon as i can.

Take care of yourselves.

Love fae ower the water..............:hug: xxxxx

Vickie, My prayers are with you. :hug::flower3:

Hey All!

Quick fly by...I have to go clean the kitchen...

Guess what my SIL, BigMama (Charlene) did today???

She booked our airfare for October!!!​

!

:cool1::banana: Wooohoooo! I'm so excited to get to meet you & Charlene!!! I can't wait!

Maria, :hug::grouphug: I'm thinking & praying for you!

Not much going on here. Spent the day with Alexis & DD hanging out by the pool. A convinced us it wasn't too cold, but it was. Dinner was leftover steaks from last night.

Take care everyone!

Good Morning!

QUickly checking in again. I have to get Andrew out the door and see how Tom is feeling...he has not been feeling great since Monday evening. Flu like symptoms! :scared1:

I need to get my poop in order here. Jane called me last night. She has to work this weekend so my Mom is coming here.

Dinner will be the marinated steak and ground beef that I took out the other day. I bought a taco kit so I will do that.

Last night I made roast beef po boys! So glad our Nola friends told us what a true po boy is...I love them! I also made macaroni salad that nobody but me ate so I have alot left.

MARIA, I hope today finds you better. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. Maybe you do have an ear infection or sinuses.

ANN, Please take it easy. I will be thinking of your Mom next week. Did they give her pill to relax her a bit before the procedure?

I will BBL!

Have a great day!

Maria - Thinking of you.:hug:

Lauren - Hoping Tom doesn't have the flu.:hug:

WFD - Robin's Ranch chicken over noodles, green beans and a salad.

good morning!

Quickly checking in again. I have to get andrew out the door and see how tom is feeling...he has not been feeling great since monday evening. Flu like symptoms! :scared1:

I need to get my poop in order here. Jane called me last night. She has to work this weekend so my mom is coming here.

Dinner will be the marinated steak and ground beef that i took out the other day. I bought a taco kit so i will do that.

Last night i made roast beef po boys! So glad our nola friends told us what a true po boy is...i love them! I also made macaroni salad that nobody but me ate so i have alot left.

Maria, i hope today finds you better. If there is anything i can do, please let me know. Maybe you do have an ear infection or sinuses.

Ann, please take it easy. I will be thinking of your mom next week. Did they give her pill to relax her a bit before the procedure?

I will bbl!

Have a great day!

sorry tom is not feeling well give him some meds. And send him on his way (germs and all) !

Its nice your mom is coming up to spend some time with you guys !

Any left over salad i will gladly take ! I love your salads !

Good Morning ! another dreary rainy day here in jersey so no BBQ today I defrosted chicken so maybe marsala with angel hair pasta and lots of fresh mushrooms!

MARIA I also suffer from Vertigo and anytime a spell comes the only cure for me is to take antihistamines,lay in bed with a cold rag over my eyes and wait for it to pass. Acup of tea and some crackers to help the nausea pass always helps afterwards feel better

Maria, please check in and let us know you are alright!!!!

Ann - You're no wimp my friend.:hug: Glad to hear you're trying to take it easy. Um, no more Walmart trips please missy - you don't want me, Nan & Sheryl fussin now do ya?

I will do whatever I can to avoid all of you fussin!!! :lmao: Thanks for caring my friend.

Listen to Kathy, my very very pregnant friend. I think that it is a good thing that your Mom and Dad are there because if they were not there to insist you rest I think a few of us would be taking a road trip...........................:grouphug::grouphug:

Not the road trip I would like by any means. :rotfl:
My parents certainly are very protective so no need to worry.

Good Morning!

ANN, Please take it easy. I will be thinking of your Mom next week. Did they give her pill to relax her a bit before the procedure?

I will BBL!

Have a great day!

I dont think they gave her a pill, but she mentioned getting a shot to numb the area.

I hope Tom feels better soon.

----

It is miserable here today. I am going to rest and stay put all day with Luke.
DH has to go to a retirement party tonight for a co-worker so he told me not to cook anything for dinner.

Tomorrow, I have an O/B checkup then I go on to my weekly visits. The end really is getting close.

Have a good day my friends!!
Ann

Hi Everyone :wave2:

I just caught up like 12 pages or so! I havent been on since Thursday!

Maria, check in and let us know how you are! I dont want to send Nan down to check on you, but I will! Also we can meet anywhere you want. Stamford works for me. I dont mind driving anywhere.

Laura, I am so glad Greg was able to come home. I bet the kids were so surprised :banana:

Ann, take it easy! Nothing is as important as the baby, so dont worry about anything but relaxing.

I had a small cookout monday, and Nan was always invited, but she declined to do yardwork :confused3 Who does that?

I am busy at work today, so I probably wont be on much today. I have weight watchers tonight and Kady is sleeping over Nana's tonight. They have movies to catch up on I guess. :confused3

Have a great day! I am sorry for everything I missed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter