The What's For Dinner Thread - May '09(recipe index in OP)

I am foggy today, i cleaned clutter off of my desk :scared1: and while I was doing it Nola climbed out of her exersaucer! Thank goodness i was within feet of her! For a sickie she has a lot of energy!

Sounds like something my youngest DN would do, she climbed out of her crib when she was around 5 months. :scared: My Dsis heard her older DD talking upstairs and when she went up to tell her to be quiet and not wake her sister up she found them at the top of the stairs. :scared1:

She thought S had gotten her sister out then realized there was no way, S wasn't tall enough and there wasn't anything she could stand on. Z had pulled up, somehow got over the railing and rolled out of her room to the top of the stairs. S was keeping her little sis falling down the stairs.

Dinner tonight will be salmon, rice and maybe some sauted green beans.

Sounds good to me! Thanks for taking care of this Maria!!!! Should we have Vick cancel hers???

I think so......I think it would be nice if we could all be together.

Any more on the house Kat? Praying for this sale!!!!

I think so......I think it would be nice if we could all be together.

Any more on the house Kat? Praying for this sale!!!!

I agree. I don't care when dinner is, as long as we can be together. :goodvibes I'm soooooo looking forward to this trip and meeting everyone.

That's right!!! I wonder if the schedule is out for when they happen......If my memory is right from last year they were 8 & 10pm.

That sounds like the parade times for the Pirate and Princess Party. The fireworks were sometime between the two parades.

I can't speak for the Halloween Party...I've never been to that one but have done the P&P Party twice.

Hey y'all,

I'm home. I'm not feeling as good as yesterday. I guess the soreness is just setting in. But my dear daughter fixed me real mashed potatoes with gravy for lunch. She is making spaghetti for dinner tonight. She also made brownies. If I spray my throat with cloraseptic before I can swallow them with milk.

My hand is hurting from this little bit of typing. Thanks for all the prayers.:grouphug:

Maria, Bob found a number today to call for groups over 12. I can book tomorrow, should one of us call to try for something later?

Hey y'all,

I'm home. I'm not feeling as good as yesterday. I guess the soreness is just setting in. But my dear daughter fixed me real mashed potatoes with gravy for lunch. She is making spaghetti for dinner tonight. She also made brownies. If I spray my throat with cloraseptic before I can swallow them with milk.

My hand is hurting from this little bit of typing. Thanks for all the prayers.:grouphug:

Hey there my friend, I was gonna call you but I thought it was too soon so just know that I'm here if you need anything, just have Bob or Angelina call me.:hug:

Hey y'all,

Maria, Bob found a number today to call for groups over 12. I can book tomorrow, should one of us call to try for something later?

Feel Better!!! Go Slow!!!!

You sure could give it a try. They told me the only way we could book later is if we use a private room:confused3
I wonder if he has the Grand Gathering #

Hi, everyone! Sorry it's taken me so long to catch up. I've been really busy playing with my darling niece and 2 wonderful nephews! They are here until tomorrow and I'm loving every minute of it!

Last night we had a barbecue with my brother and the above family, and my sister and her family also came over. We had hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, sour cream cucumbers, jello, baked beans, corn on the cob and brownies for dessert.

Tonight we are going to a small pond so the kids can fish and feed the ducks. We are taking barbecue chicken and the leftovers from last night with us. It should be really fun!

Sheryl - I'm so glad that the surgery went well. Your recovery is in my prayers!

Maria - I'm glad that you are going to call the doctor! You need to get well, my dear!

Bethany - How are things going in LA? Are you adjusted, yet?

Laura - Enjoy your time with Greg! I love Germany! Visiting him would not be a hardship, right???

Becky - Your pictures are making me drool, and your story about John had me laughing so hard that tears rolled down my cheeks. It sounds like something my Alan would do!

Nancy - I'm so sorry that Nola has been ill! There's nothing worse than a sick child.

Ann - Keep your chin up. Eventually, all babies learn that night time is for sleeping. In the meantime, let your mom pamper you!

Lauren - I'm so proud of you on the weight loss! I'm also a tad envious! I still have about 15 pounds to lose to get to my ideal weight. It's slow going with the baby being on such a wacky routine, but I'll get there someday! I wish we had a gym close by, so I could develop a routine there. Oh well. Until then, I'll just have to settle for being proud of you!!!

Kathy - How are you doing? I'm so thrilled that your M&D's house looks to sell! Keep us informed!

We were at Hallowwishes last year. The parades were at 8 PM and 10:15 PM, IIRC. (We watched the early parade so my memory of the timing of the 2nd one might be wrong) The fireworks were at 9:30. I love the Hallowwishes fireworks the best! You should check whether they pipe in the music and dim the lights at the CG during the MNSHHP though.

Dinner was on my own, John's at a client dinner. I made double boiler scrambled eggs that I served on a roasted portobello mushroom.

Sheryl Glad your home. Take it easy and not do too much too soon.

Maria How is your cough? Did you go to the doctor?

Nancy I hope all is Nola is getting better.

Marissa How are you healing?

Well we had a great summer earlier this week now we are going to be in the low 70's for the next couple of days. AHHH fall :confused3 where is our summer heat? My tomatoes are pitiful, tiny peppers, I need a magnifying glass to see.

Tonight we are going to try to see Harry Potter. I hope I can sit through 3 hours and then wait for dinner. Hopefully the bottomless pit can:scared:

Have a good day all :hug:

Good Morning! It is sunny here for now, we had horrible thunderstorms last night.

Maria- I would love to care for you babies! I find that I am not so good when it comes to time management, nor am I a wonder when it comes to making them grow. Poor Welby is trying to get her to take the next step :woohoo: and Buddy and I are continually tell her to keep her little ;) Kind of the same battle Marisa has with us.....but I think there are worse things than enjoying every little step and wanting those steps to take a little longer. I could do without being referred to as "The Enabler" by everyone :rolleyes1

Sheryl- Take your time getting well. No harm making sure that you do not overdo. Please eat a brownie for me. And some mashed potatoes.

Janice- my garden is a flop! I have almost no blossoms, a few pruney little excuses for tomatoes, no cucumbers, and one itty bitty overgrown squash. Buddy said he never saw an overgrown veggie that was so small!

Glynis- have a great picnic today!

We were supposed to have pot roast, sweet potatoes,carrots and salad last night but I am the only one who had any of it. Buddy wanted to take Kady and her friend to the Fireman's Carnival and eat there. I love Fair food so I made sure I ate before we went, put the rest in the fridge and off we went. We bought the girls a wristband so that they could ride all of the rides, told them to ride a few and then we would eat. They saw this bungy jumping thing and that's what they wanted. It was the only ride that would not take the wristband :mad: and it was $6 per kid. Per time! WE asked them to at least go on some other rides and then we would take them. Two rides later lightnening and thunder and everthign is shut down. Really fast. They had the kids off the rides in record time! So dinner was McDonald's with two little girls worried that Pa looked so sad :cloud9: I was proud of them, they were more worried that he did not have fun than they were that they did not get their fried dough and bungy thing.

Dinner tonight will be leftovers for me and will probably be fair food for everyone else, it is the Fireworks night at teh Fair.

TGIF !!!!!!

Just wanted to check in. I was DISing and then feeding and bath duty called.
I hope you all have a great day. I am heading out with DM, hoping to get DS a haircut.

WFD- takeout Fish & Chips.

Last night we had a barbecue with my brother and the above family, and my sister and her family also came over. We had hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, sour cream cucumbers, jello, baked beans, corn on the cob and brownies for dessert.

Lauren - I'm so proud of you on the weight loss! I'm also a tad envious! I still have about 15 pounds to lose to get to my ideal weight. It's slow going with the baby being on such a wacky routine, but I'll get there someday! I wish we had a gym close by, so I could develop a routine there. Oh well. Until then, I'll just have to settle for being proud of you!!!

Kathy - How are you doing? I'm so thrilled that your M&D's house looks to sell! Keep us informed!

Sounds like an awesome BBQ!!!!!

Lauren, I apologize, I TOTALLY missed your weight loss post......

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I knew you could do it, keep up the good work my friend!!!!:thumbsup2

As to the house selling, I find it odd we haven't heard a word more since Tuesday. I knew better than to get my hopes up.:sad2:

We were at Hallowwishes last year. The parades were at 8 PM and 10:15 PM, IIRC. (We watched the early parade so my memory of the timing of the 2nd one might be wrong) The fireworks were at 9:30. I love the Hallowwishes fireworks the best! You should check whether they pipe in the music and dim the lights at the CG during the MNSHHP though.

Thanks for the info Becky, that sounds great!!:cool1:

:confused3 where is our summer heat?

Down here....

Dinner tonight will be leftovers for me and will probably be fair food for everyone else, it is the Fireworks night at teh Fair.

Hope the weather cooperates! :goodvibes

I am heading out with DM, hoping to get DS a haircut.

Have fun!

WFD - Boiled crabs, I've been craving them!:woohoo:

Glynis -- It sounds like you're having a great time. Enjoy your barbecue!

Sheryl -- I'm glad you are home. Now rest and eat your brownies. :thumbsup2

Janice -- Have fun at Harry Potter. I can't wait to see it. I think we are going to try to go next weekend. This weekend will be hectic, plus I'm not sure Greg would be excited if I asked him to watch the kids while I went to the movies on his last day home. Greg is not a big Harry Potter fan. :confused3

Nancy -- You don't have to buy the wristbands again tonight, do you? I hope you have fun and the girls get their fried dough.

Kathy -- It's only been a couple of days. Hopefully, your friend will call about the house this weekend.

Like Becky, Hallowishes is my favorite Disney fireworks display! You will all really like it, and I remember it being 9:30 as well. Make sure you go out on the deck to view it because the fireworks go off from all around the lagoon.

Liam has a baseball practice and then an ice cream party with his old team tonight, so dinner is going to be squeezed around those activities. I think I am grilling fish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter