• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The What's For Dinner Thread - May '09(recipe index in OP)

Kathy How's Johnny? I hope the celebrating didn't bring a setback.

He's back at work but still hurting.

I really dont get Baseball but I do love my sports,and nothing makes me happier than my team winning so I know how you and Kat feel...:cheer2:

Geaux Tigers...did I do it right Kat !?

Coughing and spluttering.....Im choked wi the cauld !! (ask Nan if youse need a translation ) :laughing:

You did great! Feel better soon.:hug:

She kept bending off of me to hug Marisa but started to cry when I kept her in my arms. :sad1: Risa did say that she can hold her today if we come by but I want to make sure before I stop in.

:sad1:

Good Morning (almost afternoon) I am feeling OK. I have been taking my painkillers and sleeping a whole bunch.

Jeff was worried about me yesterday. He couldnt take me to the hospital because he had to work. He was able to switch with my brother and have today off. But when he got home from work yesterday he was worried. He kept asking if I wanted him to take me and asking what he could do. I told him to go to work and that Nan could handle it. As soon as he heard I was home he came right home.

So far today he ran out to get me an iced coffee:love: emptied the dishwasher, made my breakfast, cleaned the litter box and mopped the floors. I totally love this!

I am going to try to log into my laptop for work and get a few things done. That way I wont have to take extra sick time. I will catch up later!

Hi everyone!! I am back!!

What a great vacation we had, but I am so glad to be home. The crowds were unbelievable and the heat absolutely oppresive. It really put a BIG damper on the vacation. We are not early morning people - more the night owls. But there was no way that, that would work this time. We even (not quite) almost opened the Studios on Thursday. I will be writing a Trip Report so stay tuned. I have only 6 days until we leave again and I have so much to do here at work and at home. But I wanted to let you all know that I am home - for a bit anyway. I really missed you all!!

I have 34 pages to read back on so I just skimmed to see if we have a baby yet. I can't believe that baby Emma isn't here yet. Okay, Young Lady, I am home so Auntie Ellen says you can come now. :goodvibes

WFDT ~ I have no idea!! I have to go to the grocery store. I also need to read back but until then - make it a great day everyone.

Hi everyone! I'm sorry I've been AWOL, but I've been busy since Friday morning. Long story short, Dad had a very bad reaction to his chemo treatment on Friday and he kept having chest pains/weakness all weekend. Sunday morning, the dr told us to bring him to the ER. He was admitted and just released yesterday.

Kenny bought us both iphones so I thought I could log in, but I couldn't remember my password, so I just kept up by reading along. No way in heck I can respond to all of you since I'm back at work and digging my way out of the pile. But I'm going to give it at least a quick shot.

Marisa - Take it easy and enjoy letting Jeff do for you for as long as it lasts.

Ann - Sorry to still see you. ;) You know, I wish you were away having that baby!

Lauren - Happy late anniversary.

Glynis - Love the report.

Laura - I still owe you that brussels sprouts recipe. I'll try to remember when I get home.

Ellen - Glad you're back.

Everyone else - Sorry, but my memory just isn't what it used to be.

Dinner tonight is anyone's guess. The floor guy STILL hasn't finished my floor and he is supposed to come tonight. We may have to do takeout.

Gretchen Hopefully your dad starts feeling better and the Chemo is kinder to him, if that is possible.:hug:

Hey Y'all, Quite a lot of chat to catch up on this morning!

LAST. FULL. DAY! :cool1:
Nuff said. :upsidedow

AMEN TO THAT!

Still here my friends!

Next, OB appointment is tomorrow at 3:30pm.
Got to get DH off to work, DS settled, and a cup of tea for me.
BBL.

Hang in there friend! :hug:

Kat it sure was hard to wind down after that! I least I wasn't nauseous through the whole game, like the last two.

I'm sorry Johnny is still hurting!

Good Morning

I have the worst headache. I woke up at 3 to take something with hopes it would go away,but it is stubborn. So I am trying coffee and crackers.

Sheryl Congrats on the record :eek:

I better get dressed and go water my veggies. We are supposed to get hot again. We are already 81 degrees

I hope your headache has improved!:hug:

Please no congratulations neccesary on that record!! Really, even down here 104 is too freakin hot!!:laughing:

Good Morning! Quick check in. I have T in my lap and Mom is stirring. Thank you for all the Anniversary wishes! We had a nice dinner home...porthouse steaks for Tom and I and Mom and A had tilapia. I also had some shrimp cocktail. Can I say I love love love Sandy's steak rub????

YEAH TIGERS!!! Stay cool NOLA girls!

I know I missed alot by I have my hands full here...I wish everyone the best and if I miss anything major someone please call me! Have a great day!

Lauren, I'm glad you had a good day yesterday!:goodvibes I'm praying for your full hands!

I have to go look up that rub again. I think it had celery salt in it & I didn't have any.

Girls, like Lauren said...I am soooooooooooooooo ready!
Thanks for all the support and looking after me.

I am heading to my parents for lunch with DS. DH is on the road today and will be about an 45-60 minutes away, so I am going to hang with my parents just in case. I didn't want anyone concerned if I do not post.

I will call Kathy, when things go into motion.

BBL this afternoon.

I'm glad you have your parent's to take good care of you! :goodvibes

I really dont get Baseball but I do love my sports,and nothing makes me happier than my team winning so I know how you and Kat feel...:cheer2:

Geaux Tigers...did I do it right Kat !?

Cmon Emma, get yer bahookie oot here...theres hugs to be had !!

I didnt have the best night myself.

Coughing and spluttering.....Im choked wi the cauld !! (ask Nan if youse need a translation ) :laughing:

I went back to bed but Ive got lots to do this afternoon.

Because its thursday its " * bairns night " at my mums.
The boy,my nephew,niece and my cousins wee boy all go to my mums for their tea.

Its bairns only so I drop him and pick him up from the door....no adults allowed !!

Im not sure what goes on at " Bairns night " and Im pretty sure I dont want to !!

I guess what goes on at Grandmas stays at Grandmas !! :laughing:

* bairns - Scots word for child - pronounced bear-ins !!

Vickie, I'm sorry you're "Im choked wi the cauld !! " I hope you feel better soon!

That I understood! But the some of your other words takes me quite a while to figure out! Like "bahookie oot here"!!! :laughing: You really make me laugh!

Thank goodness you gave us a pronunciation key for bairns! I really was wondering WHAT THE HECK was going on at Grandmas!!!! :lmao:

I am so in with Grandma! We should never share everything that our "bairns" do with us with parents!

I'll send all the :hug: to Marisa today. She is up and feeling better.

Welby said there was nothing that showed up for her yesterday. The poor thing really wanted something to show so that it could be fixed. I asked her to get her PCP to test for food allergies, there is definitely something going on. She said that she will be tested for Celiacs disease.

Her back was a different story. I hope that the Dr can help her, I know what Sheryl and Angelina are going through.

I agree! I'm missing my littlest bairn! They took off yesterday for Alabama beaches. DD has headed to Seattle, so all my girls have left me! :sad1:

I'm so sorry for Welby! :hug: I can definitely feel her pain. My IBS doesn't show up in testing, maybe she has that. I'll pray it's not Celiacs & for her back.

Good Morning (almost afternoon) I am feeling OK. I have been taking my painkillers and sleeping a whole bunch.

Jeff was worried about me yesterday. He couldnt take me to the hospital because he had to work. He was able to switch with my brother and have today off. But when he got home from work yesterday he was worried. He kept asking if I wanted him to take me and asking what he could do. I told him to go to work and that Nan could handle it. As soon as he heard I was home he came right home.

So far today he ran out to get me an iced coffee:love: emptied the dishwasher, made my breakfast, cleaned the litter box and mopped the floors. I totally love this!

I am going to try to log into my laptop for work and get a few things done. That way I wont have to take extra sick time. I will catch up later!

Marisa, I'm so surprised you are feeling well enough to post!!! Yeah for that!!:cheer2: Woohoo for Jeff too!!! That's nice to be taken care of.:lovestruc More prayers that this means your recovery will be an easy one.:flower3:

Hi everyone!! I am back!!

What a great vacation we had, but I am so glad to be home. The crowds were unbelievable and the heat absolutely oppresive. It really put a BIG damper on the vacation. We are not early morning people - more the night owls. But there was no way that, that would work this time. We even (not quite) almost opened the Studios on Thursday. I will be writing a Trip Report so stay tuned. I have only 6 days until we leave again and I have so much to do here at work and at home. But I wanted to let you all know that I am home - for a bit anyway. I really missed you all!!

Ellen, Welcome Home!! I'm sorry the crowds & heat put a damper on the vacay!!! We aren't morning people either & so we were very grateful for the rain & the pool!

Don't know WFD! It will either be on the grill, cooked on the grill burner or salad! I don't want to heat up the house at all.

Hi everyone! I'm sorry I've been AWOL, but I've been busy since Friday morning. Long story short, Dad had a very bad reaction to his chemo treatment on Friday and he kept having chest pains/weakness all weekend. Sunday morning, the dr told us to bring him to the ER. He was admitted and just released yesterday.

Kenny bought us both iphones so I thought I could log in, but I couldn't remember my password, so I just kept up by reading along. No way in heck I can respond to all of you since I'm back at work and digging my way out of the pile. But I'm going to give it at least a quick shot.

Everyone else - Sorry, but my memory just isn't what it used to be.

Dinner tonight is anyone's guess. The floor guy STILL hasn't finished my floor and he is supposed to come tonight. We may have to do takeout.

Gretchen, Prayers for your very full hands! I'll continue to pray for your Dad. :flower3::hug:

Thanks for checking in & keeping us from worrying. We understand it's hard. On my iphone, I can keep up but my typing is still so slow on it, that chatting is tough.

Take care friend.:hug:

How's Marisa & where's the new baby?:cloud9:
Quick check in...we've made it to London.
Last night we celebrated our Anniversary the last night on the ship & James Taylor was wonderful.
Hope everyone is well.

Last night we celebrated our Anniversary the last night on the ship & James Taylor was wonderful.
Hope everyone is well.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Can't wait to hear about your trip!!

Enjoy your time in London!!

Hope everyone is well.

:yay: So happy to hear from you!! Look forward to hearing all about it!

I am so sad over the death of my idol Farrah Fawcett. I had her hairstyle back in the day and I followed her career and her courageous battle with cancer. She was a remarkable woman and will be sorely missed.:sad1:

First Ed McMahon, then farrah now michael jackson. I am so sad that Michael died. He had an amazing music career, even though he had some issues later in his life. I just cant believe he died at 50

Hi Everyone,

We had a busy day here...Caili had skating, Liam played golf with my dad, and the kids and I ended up staying at my parents' house for dinner. We did get to see the sun today, which was nice. Dinner was bratwurst, potato pancakes, sauerkraut and baked apples.

Congratulations to the LSU Tigers!

Ann -- I'm not making any predictions any more. Hopefully, your doctor will have some suggestions tomorrow.

Gretchen -- I'm sorry your dad is having such a tough time.

Vickie -- I hope you're feeling better. Your mom must have so much fun with all the bairns.

Janice -- I hope your head is feeling better too.

Bethany -- Congratulations on making it though the awful school year!

Welcome back, Ellen!

Happy Anniversary, Maria. Enjoy London!

Marisa -- Good to hear from you. I'm glad the surgery went well. Let Jeff take care of you for a while.

I heard from Greg earlier, and he is now Airborne certified. He jumped out of a plane five times, once at night. If all goes as planned, he should be home Saturday night.

Maria- HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Anniversary!

Gretchen- I am so sorry to hear that your Dad had a bad week. He is in ,y prayers, hopefully that will be the last adverse reaction he has to the chemo :hug:

Laura- You must be so proud of Greg! The kids will be so glad to see him on Saturday! Are you already planning meals?

Sheryl- I know how you feel! It is a weird feeling when they all take off but more so if they take the little Princess...or in your case your Little Rock Star!

Dinner was good. Garlic pan chicken, baked potatoes, white and sweet and a green salad. Buddy had 1 brownie. My neighbor's DGD is 4 and she popped over to visit me, then invited Buddy for ONE brownie that she had baked with her Mom. So we went over to get his treat only to find that they all thought that she was watching TV in the bedroom. Apparently the little monkey has been skipping out lately. She is way too cute.

I heard from Greg earlier, and he is now Airborne certified. He jumped out of a plane five times, once at night. If all goes as planned, he should be home Saturday night.

Congratulations to Greg! Please tell him we are so proud of him!!! I know y'all must be so excited to have him coming home.:hug:

Dinner was good. Garlic pan chicken, baked potatoes, white and sweet and a green salad.

Have you posted the recipe for the chicken?

**Vent Post...PLEASE feel free to skip**

Thanks...today was the last FULL day, tomorrow we have a half day with the kids then a half day to clean up.

Now...I'm a bit of a pack rat but I'm getting over that. The lady who is moving into my room could have her photo in the dictionary next to pack rat. I left her a LOT of space in the closet - like half of it - after packing up the school's stuff. She brought in so much crap and I had to take stuff OUT of the closets that by the end of the day, my room was in WORSE shape than it was when I got to work in the morning. Now I'm not sure I'm going to finish everything on time to check out. Just being near this woman is stressing me out.

I'm going to try to get there at 7, because now that I've finished the report cards, they went and changed all the class codes and also the first day of school for the fall, so I have to re-do that information on all of them, plus clean up the junk that is covering EVERY SINGLE TABLE in my room - before the kids get there at 8:30. :scared:

So....IF I can take care of this disaster that my classroom has turned into, I can be out of there by 3!! Otherwise...4....5....have to go back on Monday to finish...:confused3

Some other things ARE coming together, but I can barely keep up with myself anymore. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter