The What's for Dinner Thread- June 2012 (recipe index in OP)

This is what David and I did for dinner last night

Mick Kipp Memorial Beer Dinner
In Support of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

Envisioned by Mick Kipp and Hosted by Pickles Pub

June 6th 2013

7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

$40

Menu

Flank Steak Tacos
With Goat Cheese and Roasted Red Pepper
Dos Equis Ambar “Dos-a-rita”
Earthy tones and subtle hints of Caramel and burnt Sugar, mixed with Tequila, Sour mix and triple sec for an easy to drink, crisp refreshing take on a margarita

Thai Red Curry Shrimp
Mixed Greens Salad topped with Red Onions, Seasoned Croutons and a Red Curry Salad Dressing
Newcastle Blonde Bombshell
Light golden ale with floral hop and soft fruit aroma, notes of toasted biscuit and a caramel sweetness with a creamy, clean finish

Chorizo Bisque
Roasted Kale, Potatoes and Canellini Beans
Dos Equis Lager Michelada
Crisp, golden, full-bodied Lager with a clean finish, mixed with lime juice, hot sauce and other spices for a refreshing yet intensely flavorful Mexican cocktail

Linguini and Clams
In a Beer Infused White Clam Sauce
Topped with Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese and Cracked Peppercorns
Sol
Sol is a crisp, vibrantly foamy, thirst-quenching light lager. Lively citrus notes are balanced by a hint of sweetness with a refreshingly bracing finish.

Strawberry Napoleons
Stacked to Order with Fresh Whipped Cream and Puff Pastry topped with a Caramel Drizzle
Dos Cidra
Dos Equis Lager, Strongbow Cider, Raspberry liqueur and strawberry puree​

Pretty exciting when compared to the food in my house! :rotfl Our Relay for Life is Saturday and I have been flat out. One of our members completely dropped the ball on the Survivors portion so Marisa and I stepped in. I am Luminaria chair and it is becoming a cluster. Apparently, musicians are temperamental and mine is refusing to return my calls. Right now, my son is building the music into the program JIC she does not show.

so..............Buddy is eating whatever he can find in the fridge, and it is sad. He had to stop for bread and milk, because I was not even aware we were out.

Enjoy Relay for Life.

WOW Brandi. That's a great looking dinner!

Between the food, cocktails, beer and memories for Mick it was a very emotional evening.

There were people who had way too much to drink and others who were emotional spent, and others who had no idea why they were there.

But we had a great evening and enjoyed the food very much.

Last night was grilled chicken breast with Montreal Chicken seasoning on it, red Russian Kale sauteed with Garlic and hot peppers, and baked sweet potato.

I even had a dill pickle martini for dessert.

last night was Pizza, whole wheat crust, tomato, basil, and garlic (extra garlic) sauce, Italian sausage, Mozzarella (2%), Orange Bell Peppers, Onions.....

I added crushed red pepper when it was out of the oven.

Topped off with a Ruby Red Shiner Bock.

Shiner%20Ruby%20Redbird.jpg

I've been MIA from this thread ever since the concert weekend from he!!. Last night we didn't even have dinner. We had a late lunch at the Pride festival, taquitos, a hot dog wrapped in bacon and a funnel cake with strawberries and whipped cream. That and a couple adult beverages and we weren't hungry for the rest of the evening. I did have a chance to catch up on some DISing while Fran was crashed.

I've got to get back into cooking again.

Your dinner sounded bittersweet Brandi. I hope all of you are hanging in there! I'm hoping we'll go out soon and get some Mexican food for lunch.

That sounds good. We had such a late lunch (4PM) that I think we will end up skipping dinner again tonight.

Lime Cake

My starting ingredients:

• Butter, 175 g
  • Sugar, 175 g
  • Self raising flour, 175 g
  • Eggs, 3
  • Lime, 2 – rind and juice for the cake
  • Icing Sugar – enough for a thick runny icing consistency.
  • Lime 1 – rind and juice for the icing

Preheat oven to 180 C.

Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and mix in.

Add the sifted flour and mix until smooth.

Pour the juice of 2 limes and the grated rind into the batter and mix.

Transfer to a loaf cake tin.

Bake in the oven for 45 – 55 minutes; until a skewer comes out clean.

Make the icing by adding the juice of 1 lime and enough icing sugar to get a thick runny consistency (or how you like it). Pour over the cool cake and then sprinkle the lime rind over the cake.

I served the cake warm; but you can have it cold if you prefer. It tasted great either way.

princess::upsidedow

Interesting,
I served a lemon cake last weekend, never thought of a lime cake. That sounds yummy!

I was going to make a lemon cake; but we don't have any lemons on our tree. Plenty of limes!

....what was for dinner last night? MY DS and his GF cooked last night. They made chicken marsala with a side of garlic spinach....

Alison... you have to eat, you know it is not good to skip...

We did end up eating some leftover Thai food as a snack, but the amount of lunch I ate was HUGE and really filling.

Kim when ever uou type GF I akways have to think twice, "Did she mean Girl Friend ir Gluten Free?" :scratchin:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter