• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The What's for Dinner Thread- June 2012 (recipe index in OP)

We did not end up making Pork Fried Rice, we went with Koreantown Beef in Lettuce wraps.

Ingredients
10 clove(s) garlic
2 jalapeño chiles
1.25 pound(s) beef , we used ribeye
1/4 cup(s) sugar
1/2 cup(s) low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup(s) Asian sesame oil
Coarsely ground black pepper

Dipping Sauce

1 clove(s) garlic, minced
2 tablespoon(s) sugar
1/4 cup(s) low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup(s) water
Coarsely ground black pepper
1 head(s) Boston lettuce, separated into leaves
1.5 cup(s) cooked rice
1/2 cup(s) Korean hot bean paste (I did not have any and did not miss it)

Prepare Koreatown Beef: Cut 6 cloves garlic into thin slices and mince remaining 4 cloves. Thinly slice jalapeños crosswise. Holding knife almost parallel to cutting surface, slice beef, against the grain, into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
In large bowl, place minced garlic and sugar; mash together with back of wooden spoon. Stir in soy sauce, sesame oil, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Add beef to marinade; cover and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, prepare the Dipping Sauce: In small bowl, place minced garlic and sugar; mash together with back of wooden spoon. Stir in soy sauce, water, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cover and set aside.
When beef is done marinating, prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over high heat. Place lightly greased grilling grid on grill rack to preheat. In 2 to 3 batches, remove beef from marinade and place on grilling grid; cook 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side for medium doneness. (we ended up just stir frying the beef in a very hot wok)

Transfer cooked beef to serving bowl. On same grilling grid, cook jalapeño and sliced garlic about 2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Transfer to small serving bowl.
To serve, arrange all ingredients in small bowls on a large tray. Let each person spread a little hot bean paste (if using) on a lettuce leaf, then top with some rice, grilled beef, garlic, jalapeño. Fold sides of lettuce leaf over to make a package to eat by hand. Dip wrap in dipping sauce. Repeat with remaining ingredients.

last night was grilled Salmon, Roasted Brussell Sprouts, and brown rice

Tonight left over Chicken and Rice soup...

We had "$5" foot longs that really cost $7, but still good.

Why do they sing that stupid song when only about 3 of the subs are that price???

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

Last night was frozen macaroni and cheese with hot dogs.

Tonight is stuffed bell peppers that I have in the freezer.

It's morning on a Saturday.
What's for BREAKFAST?

Bircher muesli.

I have no idea what's for dinner! :rotfl:

Worst dinner EVER tonight!!!!
Tried some frozen, pre-cooked hot wings... :sick:
Sooooooo bad!!!!!!

We ate the celery & French fries I served with them.
No wonder they were on sale!!!!!

I will NEVER win one of those cooking shows... :lmao:

I still don't have any idea what to serve for dinner tonight. I'm so sleepy, I might go have an afternoon nap.

PrincessInOz said:
I still don't have any idea what to serve for dinner tonight. I'm so sleepy, I might go have an afternoon nap.

Whenever I do that it always leads to takeout dinner.

Wish I'd taken a nap today... :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter