The What's for Dinner Thread - August 2014 (recipe index in OP)

:wave: Enquiring minds wanna know. How much are property taxes? Roughly.....??

Well, I'm not sure if you meant to ask this question on this thread, but you've seen my house, and I just got my Property Tax Bill. It is approximately 1.2% of the purchase price paid over two installments annually. I'm sure that it will continue to rise over the years.

Well, I'm not sure if you meant to ask this question on this thread, but you've seen my house, and I just got my Property Tax Bill. It is approximately 1.2% of the purchase price paid over two installments annually. I'm sure that it will continue to rise over the years.

Thanks. I didn't mean to ask it on this thread. For some reason, I found myself in here without realising it!

:wave: Hump day evening here. And I have a massage and chiro adjustment tomorrow. I soooooo need it!

WFDT? It was dinner at mum's. I did indulge in some rice; so it's back to a lower carb diet tomorrow.

I've been trying on and off. Mostly avoiding carbs, but I made a prime rib the other night and we've been eating the leftovers. Bret brought me a couple spiny lobster tails that his father caught and we had surf and turf on Monday night.

Much to my surprise, yesterday I was down about 5 lbs from where I had been hovering. I'm still 4 lbs over where I was on 4th of July, but I'm closer to being back theee. Too bad for my weight I'll be on a cuise in 51 hours!

For dinner tonight, sausage and peppers. I'll have it with my brown rice and quinoa fusilli, Fran will have penne. If I don't make it in here tomorrow I plan on finishing off the prime rib by having French Dip sandwiches with chips and cole alaw. Pam is stopping by today and we're going out to lunch tomorrow.

So, it's been normal life here and I've decided I need to put even more effort into this eating right thing than I have been. Here's hoping that I stick with a routine over the next 3 weeks.

Alison - Nice of Bret to give you some lobster tails. Enjoy the cruise.

WFDT? I don't know. It's incredibly hot here today; so I may well end up with salad for myself. Need to figure something out for the boys.

Today, I managed to keep to a decent portion size and food plan all DAY! Yay me!

Breakfast was some oatmeal with blueberries.
I had a mandarin as a snack for morning tea.
Lunch was greek salad that I got from the supermarket fresh food section. It comes with dressing on the side and I only had half of it.
Afternoon tea was a tub of yoghurt.
Dinner was 6 pieces of karaage chicken (think nuggets) and miso soup.

Not bad indeed!

Except that I woke up with a sore throat. I hope it goes away overnight!

Oh how I have missed you all. I have just now read back and read each word. You all are truly the best part of my day.

Alison and Fran ~ Have a great time on your vacation. You both so deserve this one!!

Brandi ~ Welcome back my friend. How is the Hip?

Kimmar ~ Where have you been?!! I have missed you! Those ooey gooy cupcakes sound amazing.

PIO ~ Good job on the diet. You are doing great. What kind of veggies are you considering planting?

Good grief, what a week I have had. We left for Lincoln on Friday and traffic was horrendous. It took us over 3 hours to get into Lincoln. Matthew and Katlin took us to "Fireworks." A wonderful place for steaks and sustainable fish. Saturday saw us again losing our football game in the last 5 seconds. I still don't want to talk about it!! Sunday we went to church and did a bit of shopping. Monday, Matthew was off also as the bank was closed. Matthew and I went for a 3 mile run and pretty much lounged/ cleaned the rest of the day. Doug and I cook filets, twice baked potatoes, Brussel sprouts, asparagus and green salad with a nice bottle of wine for dinner. Tuesday I had a Dr. appointment in Omaha. We had lunch at the Cheesecake factory and headed back to Kearney, to pick up Cooper. Took the kids out for dinner and was home around 9.

On Sunday morning I got a call from Elizabeth at 6:45 am (ya know as a parent you just "know" - this isn't going to be good feeling) to let us know that a friends son was killed in a motor cycle accident on Saturday night. This was a family that our kids played and went to school together. So very very sad. So I was back to work on Wednesday, trying to catch up and yesterday I went with the girls to the funeral - 2 hours away - and it was a Full Mass Catholic funeral. At 2 hours we were still doing communion. Oh MY!! So yesterday was a bust. And here I am - and it is now Friday. I can't wait for the weekend.

On Wednesday I was able to get into my dentist and on the 20th I get a brand new crown. Yea me!! Only $750!!

I can't wait to share this with you all - Matthew is going to ask Katlin this weekend. He has it all planned out. She wanted to carve pumpkins this weekend, so he got the bright idea of carving a pumpkin (he is doing it today) with "Will you Marry Me." He has made reservations at a nice restaurant to celebrate. She has no idea that this is happening tomorrow. He sent her parents a picture of the ring and they are so excited. We can't wait to get that phone call tomorrow night. This is going to be so exciting.

WFDT ~ Chili dogs, sweet potato fries and fruit.

Make it a great day and a wonderful weekend.

Welcome back!

How are things with you????
Things are going well.

I only have 5 more PT sessions and I am done. I feel better all the time, but I still have pain. The good thing is they are showing me how to relive the pain thru stretching and not drugs!

Now I have to deal with the cysts. Ughh

Ellen,

So sorry about the family friend. As a rider, i can say that it is way more defensive driving on a motorcycle than anything I have ever driven. My heart goes out to the family, prayers for strength.

So excited for you and Matthew! How wonderful.

Ellen - So sorry about the family friend. My thoughts are with you all. YAY for Matthew and you. I hope we'll be reading all about it soon!

Brandi - Glad you're back. Only 5 more PT sessions? Sorry you still have pain but, as you said, at least you know how to stretch it out; rather than drugs.

Any thoughts of planting are out the window right now. I'm sneezing, my eyes are tearing, sore throat and there's a cough as well. Plus the headache. Oh well....DH has just told me to rest up. He's getting all the cleaning done today.
I was going to put in corn, zucchini, tomatoes, lettuce, beans and carrots. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Ellen - So sorry about the family friend. My thoughts are with you all. YAY for Matthew and you. I hope we'll be reading all about it soon!

Brandi - Glad you're back. Only 5 more PT sessions? Sorry you still have pain but, as you said, at least you know how to stretch it out; rather than drugs.

Any thoughts of planting are out the window right now. I'm sneezing, my eyes are tearing, sore throat and there's a cough as well. Plus the headache. Oh well....DH has just told me to rest up. He's getting all the cleaning done today.
I was going to put in corn, zucchini, tomatoes, lettuce, beans and carrots. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Is the question what is PT? Physical Therapy. I only have to go to the therapist 5 more times. well really only 4 more times right now. :)

I hope you get to feeling better soon, I hate all that allergy stuff, it really messes with me, and makes for several days of not feeling well.

Is the question what is PT? Physical Therapy. I only have to go to the therapist 5 more times. well really only 4 more times right now. :)

I hope you get to feeling better soon, I hate all that allergy stuff, it really messes with me, and makes for several days of not feeling well.

I had to think for a moment. I think the question was about the number. That's not a lot left to go. Are you ready for the PT sessions to finish or do you feel like you need more?

I think I have a cold; not allergies. :(
Sore body, sore throat, cough and drippy nose. I'm resting up today and hoping that I feel semi-decent enough to go to work tomorrow!

I had to think for a moment. I think the question was about the number. That's not a lot left to go. Are you ready for the PT sessions to finish or do you feel like you need more?

I think I have a cold; not allergies. :(
Sore body, sore throat, cough and drippy nose. I'm resting up today and hoping that I feel semi-decent enough to go to work tomorrow!

I have been in PT since May, so yes I am ready for them to be over, I also think my Insurance is ready for them to be over lol.

I felt better over all the three weeks I was on vacation, I was exercising and stretching and generally felt better overall, I think that was a good test for me and I feel like I am ready.

I hope you are feeling better also. Fingers Crossed.

I have been in PT since May, so yes I am ready for them to be over, I also think my Insurance is ready for them to be over lol.

I felt better over all the three weeks I was on vacation, I was exercising and stretching and generally felt better overall, I think that was a good test for me and I feel like I am ready.

I hope you are feeling better also. Fingers Crossed.

That sounds like you had a great vacay then! Glad you're feeling better.

Evening everyone. Tuesday night here and it's starting to look like a hot summer ahead. Not that I'm complaining....yet.....the days have been a pleasant change after the cold winter. I hate to think what the temps will be like in a month of so if we're starting to warm up so quickly now.

Happy Tuesday girls,

I really shouldn't be in here this morning, but I just had to sneak in. I have so much to do. Hopefully by this time next week I should get a break for awhile. With Pastor's Mother passing, our Charge Conference was pushed back to Nov. 3. so that gave me more time, but now I am panicking again. The budget was set yesterday so that is good.

The proposal went perfect. Matthew had taken a pumpkin to work on Thursday to carve. On Saturday evening they carved their pumpkins and when they were done, they took pictures of them with them lit and the lights out. Matthew asked Katlin if she would like to see the pumpkin that he carved for the Bank's Halloween competition. She said sure, so he made her close her eyes (which she kept complaining about :scared:), he lit his pumpkin that said, "Will you Marry Me", opened the ring box and was down on one knee when she opened her eyes. Long story short - she said yes!! They are so excited and trying to get the church reserved as we speak. Once that is set then the other things will fall into place. They have set June 4th as their date.

Brandi ~ I am so relieved that vacation went so well. I was worried that you would be in a lot of pain. I love the fact that you are doing this drug free. That makes such a difference.

PIO ~ oh bless your heart. I feel so sorry for you. I hope you feel better real soon. I hate getting a cold and spring colds are the worst. Rest up my friend.

I am getting my tooth fixed today. They are going to place a crown so I will be in the dentist chair for 1 1/2 hours. Oh joy!! I absolutely HATE going to the dentist. YUCK!!! :mad: Wish me luck!

WFDT ~ Butternut squash soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

Make it a great day all!!

Ellen!!! YAY for the proposal going well. Congratulations to you, Matthew, Katlin and the rest of the family. Exciting times ahead.

Happy hump day everyone. I stayed home from work today to rest up and recover. I hope I feel better tomorrow!

Dinner? Been really scratchy here. Mostly, we've been steaming vegies. I did make a roast at the weekend, which ended up being used in sandwiches for lunch....and in a beef/vegie soup. Tonight, DH brought some doggy bag home for me from my mother's. I figured I was better off staying in bed and resting rather than running out. Nothing like mum's cooking!

Good morning all,

PIO ~ Oh man I hope you start feeling better real soon. I know how you look forward to Mum's cooking so for you to stay home, I know you don't feel good. Hopefully today is better.
I just have to laugh at Matthew and Katlin - they are driving me crazy. Bless their hearts, they probably should have taken this week off, because I don't see either of them getting a whole lot done at work. Good grief yesterday, I bet I have received 50 texts alone and I am not the Mother of the Bride. But I think, once they get the Church, the reception, and band booked the rest will be easy and a heck of a lot more fun. Right now they are a bit stressed!! :hyper2:

The weather here is just beautiful. Crisp fall mornings and nice afternoons. It is suppose to rain starting today through all day tomorrow. We could use the rain, but the farmers are working around the clock to get the crops in.

WFDT ~ Hamburgers, sweet potato fries and peach salad.

Make it a great day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter