The What's For Dinner Thread - August '09(recipe index in OP)

Good morning everyone. I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone for the prayers, kind words and thoughts. It is now all over and we are physically and mentally exhausted. The response from our friends and members of the community was wonderful and we were very touched.

Now we are just trying to find our way. Thank you again to everyone.

:hug:

We have never stayed at either... POFQ or CSR ??????

He respects you all so much he wants your opinions please! We are currently booked at POFQ but the newly renovated rooms at CSR with the queen beds vs. doubles at POFQ are calling his name. (And so is the outside bar!);) We have walked around both resorts and are torn. I told you more changes would follow. :lmao: A split stay is out, just to much work now with the two kids.

TIA... he just ask me on the phone if I had any answers from you all yet.:rotfl:

Okay. This is my thought - go with the queen beds. Honestly, that is why we don't do moderates because DH doesn't fit in a double bed at all. He has to lay sideways and I have to sleep in the other bed just to fit. Now, if neither of you are very tall it may not make a difference but I think the added bed space is enough for me to switch resorts.

So, dinner last night was...NOTHING! Those of you who are readers will think this is funny. John had a business dinner last night so I was on my own. I got home and made a panini, but it was earlier than when I usually eat, so I left it on the kitchen counter and went into the living room to read. I got all caught up in the book, and when I got up to check the time it was 10:15 PM! :laughing: So, I just went to bed without eating. I have lunch for the next few days though!

Dinner tonight is likely going to be pasta with fresh tomatoes and basil, plus a salad.

I like to read... but I like to eat more :laughing: I don't know if that would ever happen with me :goodvibes

I am so sorry I haven't been around lately. We have been so busy here at the church with everything starting back up that I just have NO time to play anymore. I worked till 6 last night and was back here from 8-9 last night. You should have seen my desk this morning. I am the only secretary so it all falls on me. I have a pastor that is NO help what so ever. :mad: So such is my life at the moment.

Been there, done that! :hug:

Her poor Mom had reached the ragged edge yesterday & had a meltdown. She dropped off the two rx's at Walgreen's then went home to clean up. Went back to pick them up & they handed her one prescription. When she told them she dropped off two, they tried to tell her she hadn't! Well after much fussing & Chris insisting they find the other rx, they finally found it but said "Oh we can't fill this it's a compound prescription". Well by this time it's 6:00 & they tell her she'd have to go across town to another store. She shows up here in tears. She calls the Walgreens across town & they tell her they'll have to see the prescription before they'll know if they have the medicines on hand to make it & that it would take them 24 hours to do it!!! :mad::mad:

So I finally had her call DD's best friend who's a pharmacist at a little privately owned drugstore near our house. (the one I always use) She told her that they could fix it for her when they reopened in the morning. She also told Chris not to worry that Alexis would be fine with just the one rx overnight. She went in this morning & had her medicine within 20 minutes!

I'm glad you were able to get that all worked out - how :mad: for her to deal with after the whole stressful week. I'm glad Alexis is feeling better :hug:

I'm not sure about dinner tonight :confused3 DH is playing basketball so I'm not sure it's worth cooking.

My appt went well - found the reason I'm bruising a lot is because I'm using Ibuprofen on a regular basis. I need to stop and buy Tylenol. He said the manufacturer who used to make the iron infusion he preferred stopped, which is why I used a new kind and reacted to it, but the old manufacturer is back in the iron business so it won't be an issue in the future. :woohoo:

Okay. This is my thought - go with the queen beds. Honestly, that is why we don't do moderates because DH doesn't fit in a double bed at all. He has to lay sideways and I have to sleep in the other bed just to fit. Now, if neither of you are very tall it may not make a difference but I think the added bed space is enough for me to switch resorts.

We are not tall but one of us will be sleeping with DS. Main reason for considering switch. So far CSR is winning and we are leaning in that direction eventhough I love the quaint feeling of POFQ.

Thanks for replies.

Ellen -- I hope things settle down for you soon.

Sheryl -- I'm glad Alexis is continuing to improve. If she is singing, that is a good sign!

the old manufacturer is back in the iron business so it won't be an issue in the future. :woohoo:

I'm glad to hear it! You must be relieved. Do you have an appointment scheduled?

Ann -- I'm sorry, I have not stayed in either resort. However, the bigger beds would definitely win with me, especially if I was sleeping with Liam when he was Luke's age. Liam was a kicker and a blanket hog.

I did end up making spaghetti and meatballs. I made the meatballs without egg because Liam said he was interesting in trying one. He declared it "scrumptious!" He really cracks me up sometimes.

Good evening!

Last night was long. I liked most of Alex's teachers except his drawing teacher. She acted like we were soo lucky she decided to teach instead of pursusing her art:worship:. Alex think is funny:confused3

This year he has a lot of young teachers except the drawing teacher;). I may have to watch that boy. His english teacher is very cute.

His dad didn't go last night cause he was stuck babysitting Alex's step brother. That wasn't why he was freezer bait though. I just asked what I thought was a simple question and he went all bonkers on me. He did apologize afterwards. He just gets so sensitive. That's why I think he suffers from PMS.

Ann Your husband cracks me up. :rotfl2: I haven't stayed at either resort. I would go with which ever has the bigger beds and room. You will need the extra floor space for Emma's crib.

Tonight is library

Hey Guys!

I will be back as soon as I can but wanted to share with all of you that we are going to have a pretty big life change in our household so I may be out of sorts, busy, etc for a while...

Tom has accepted a new position with a company so he is changing jobs and companies. It was a family decision since this company is based in Pittsburgh and WV (5 hours from here) so we are needing to relocate.

I just told Andrew's Dad who did not take it so well so I am a bit upset now but so happy for Tom...this is an oppotunity of a lifetime...he will be head of a compliance dept for north america. Andrew is OK with everything but I am just a bit sad about visitation but we are working it all out.

Gotta go...gotta pull myself together here...

love you guys...I hope everyone is doing well...please keep me posted if I miss something...

Hey Guys!

I will be back as soon as I can but wanted to share with all of you that we are going to have a pretty big life change in our household so I may be out of sorts, busy, etc for a while...

Tom has accepted a new position with a company so he is changing jobs and companies. It was a family decision since this company is based in Pittsburgh and WV (5 hours from here) so we are needing to relocate.

I just told Andrew's Dad who did not take it so well so I am a bit upset now but so happy for Tom...this is an oppotunity of a lifetime...he will be head of a compliance dept for north america. Andrew is OK with everything but I am just a bit sad about visitation but we are working it all out.

love you guys...I hope everyone is doing well...please keep me posted if I miss something...

:hug: Wow! That is exciting but I'm sorry you have to relocate.

School is still going well! I'm glad tomorrow is Friday though. I'm going to the LSU game on Saturday in Baton Rouge!

Hey Guys!

I told Greg the other day you were moving when you became a fan of Pittsburgh out of the blue on FB
Wonderful news for all of you! Congrats to TOM!!!!!

Hey Guys!

I'm so happy for y'all! It will all work out with Andrew and his Dad. A new fresh start will be exciting.:hug:

CONGRATS to TOM!!!!!!!!!!!

We are not tall but one of us will be sleeping with DS. Main reason for considering switch. So far CSR is winning and we are leaning in that direction eventhough I love the quaint feeling of POFQ.

Thanks for replies.

If you book a king room, can you all 3 fit on a bed? Course I think the kings are more expensive at moderates... Boo.

I'm glad to hear it! You must be relieved. Do you have an appointment scheduled?

We don't think my iron is low enough for another infusion yet, but those results won't be in until tomorrow. He guessed based off my hemoglobin level which is almost normal. So, probably in the next 6 months it'll dip down low enough for another infusion.

Hey Guys!

:yay::yay::yay: Tom!! :yay::yay::yay:

That's great news about the new position, but I know a move is stressful and bittersweet ~ especially when a child's parent is left in the old city. I know you made the right decision for your family and the details of Andrew's dad and his visitation will be worked out. :hug:

I worked until after 7pm tonight, just had so much to do! So, I picked up DH and we grabbed fast food. He decided not to play basketball tonight.

Lauren, congratulations to Tom!

Ann, I have not stayed at either but I would go with Coronado Springs since they have the queen beds...more comfortable since you'll be sharing. Also, CSR has their own bus service, right? POFQ shares with POR. Plus, I like the look of the grounds and pool at CSR more. OK, so that's my opinion totally not based on personal experience! I should never post on the resort boards, heh heh. Especially since I would have to say that my favorite Disney-area resort hotel is Portofino Bay :rolleyes1

Dinner tonight was oven fried chicken with honey mustard sauce, a medley of summer squash and green beans, and macaroni and cheese. I have pics but am too lazy to upload right now.

Good morning everyone. I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone for the prayers, kind words and thoughts. It is now all over and we are physically and mentally exhausted. The response from our friends and members of the community was wonderful and we were very touched.

Now we are just trying to find our way. Thank you again to everyone.
:hug::hug: Take your time, we are all here for you!

We have never stayed at either... POFQ or CSR ??????

I have never stayed at CSR but i love POFQ. The Dragon pool is a favorite of the kids.

I got all caught up in the book, and when I got up to check the time it was 10:15 PM! :laughing: So, I just went to bed without eating. I have lunch for the next few days though!

:lmao::lmao:

I dont know if I will BBL,my mum had a hospital appointment today and I need to stay with her tonight.
Thinking about you and your Mom! :hug:

Well she always eats it over here! Chris also tried to fix her oatmeal last night & she said she would only eat oatmeal at Nana's! smile.

:goodvibes My sister's kids had foods that they never ate at home but loved at my house. Made her nuts becasue she used to find that out after she made it for them:lmao:

I did end up making spaghetti and meatballs. I made the meatballs without egg because Liam said he was interesting in trying one. He declared it "scrumptious!" He really cracks me up sometimes.

Laura-- When I needed a binder and could not use an egg i used soy flour. Worked awesome!

Good Morning! Thank you for all the kind words for Tom and the family. I guess the transition is what is making me a bit nervous.

Dinner tonight will be take out...

I will be back later to try and catch up. Have a great day.

Lauren- What an exciting time for all of you! I can imagine that Andrew's dad would feel badly about the move but somehow it will all work out. I bet Andrew is excited about the changes that are taking place as well!

:cool1::cool1: Emma slept last night from 9-6:30 :cool1::cool1:

I would have been one very happy Mom if I did not have DS kicking me all night. He woke up at midnight and ended up in bed with us. Note to self buy kingsize bed next time!

--------------

Lauren, best wishes to you all with the change. Congrats to Tom!!!!

BBL to catch up with everyone else. My kiddos are demanding to eat and I have not had any coffee yet. Today, I have a much needed hair appointment.

Ann

Lauren--Congrats to Tom!!!:cool1: Good luck with the relocation. Even in the best circumstances it can be super stressful (i.e. when we moved here) But Pittsburgh is great. And, heck, when we go visit DH's family we'll only be about an hour from you!

Gretchen--Lots of hugs and prayers continuing from me as well!

Aimee--glad to hear the iron situation is better. Great news!

Sheryl--let me apologize as a part of Walgreen's for what Chris went through. Really makes me :mad: when I hear of situations like that, especially for the company I work for. I have my beefs with Walgreens--especially b/c they expect us to do all this work with no extra help. I worked 8 straight hours last night w/o a break (even to the bathroom) b/c it was just two of us. But that doesn't excuse rude employees and "lost" prescriptions. Again, I apologize for them. Glad to hear that Chris got the rx straightened out. I will say if she wants to make a complaint the number is 1-800-walgreens, and it should direct her to the district office of the NOLA area.

Okay, I am feeling lousy today. Just that change of season allergies/head cold. And after working like a slave last night, I am just drained. I am going to drag myself to the gym and then maybe hit the mall for a bit of retail therapy (have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket). Not sure WFD tonight, maybe lasagna? I had my mom use leftovers for dinner last night and she somehow made some yummy taco casserole w/what was in the fridge. I am always amazed at what she comes up with.

Hey Guys!

Congratulations to you all. What a great opportunity - Way to go Tom!!

:hug: Wow! That is exciting but I'm sorry you have to relocate.

School is still going well! I'm glad tomorrow is Friday though. I'm going to the LSU game on Saturday in Baton Rouge!

Glad to hear this. It is so good to hear you are happy.

Laura ~ Liam just crack me up - scrumptious :rotfl:

Doug and I are going to the winery again tonight with a bunch of friends. I told him that we can't make a habit out of this and he just :confused3 and said Why? :rotfl: just gotta love him.

Tomorrow we are heading back into Lincoln for the Husker game. We are going to bug out early as the kids gave us tickets to see Starship (wow - that really dates us, huh?) for our Birthdays. So a busy busy but fun weekend.

I'll BBL - Make it a great day everyone.

:lmao: I'm so glad he approved. ;)

Hey Guys!

Congrats to Tom and to all of you. I hope this is a wonderful move for your family!!!

:cool1::cool1: Emma slept last night from 9-6:30 :cool1::cool1:

I would have been one very happy Mom if I did not have DS kicking me all night. He woke up at midnight and ended up in bed with us. Note to self buy kingsize bed next time!

:cool1: On some much needed sleep. But I hate to tell you, the king size bed might not make much difference. It doesn't for Hailey. There was never a place to hide, she would find me so she could sleep right up under me.

Okay, I am feeling lousy today. Just that change of season allergies/head cold. And after working like a slave last night, I am just drained. I am going to drag myself to the gym and then maybe hit the mall for a bit of retail therapy (have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket). Not sure WFD tonight, maybe lasagna? I had my mom use leftovers for dinner last night and she somehow made some yummy taco casserole w/what was in the fridge. I am always amazed at what she comes up with.

My personal favorite therapy. Well, except for PMS and then only large amounts of chocolate will do. (Sorry TMI) Hope you find something cute at the mall - for yourself.

I have no idea what we are having for dinner. I'm back at work today digging my desk out of the piles and I have to catch up on the work I didn't get done this weekend. I have a corporate tax return due on the 15th, so I'm sure that will occupy me for most of the weekend.

Good morning!

We are running a few errands this morning and heading out to Ikea to get a few things we didn't pick up last week. My dad is going to meet us out there, I think.

I had planned to have lemon chicken tonight, a new recipe, but I think DH is chaperoning a youth retreat so I have no idea what time he's leaving. I should find out...

Especially since I would have to say that my favorite Disney-area resort hotel is Portofino Bay :rolleyes1

That's good to hear, we're staying there next month!!!!

Good Morning! Thank you for all the kind words for Tom and the family. I guess the transition is what is making me a bit nervous.

It will all work out.:hug: Is A excited???

Thanks for all the well wishes, I'm feeling a bit better. I had pulled my back out and didn't let it get better before I went back to the gym and really messed it up. I'm taking it easy for a few days.

Just got a call from the attorney's office that is handling the closing, looks like it'll be done by Wednesday!

Kyle is coming in Monday to get his physical for baseball. Try-outs begin on Wednesday, we shall see......

WFD - Take-out!:goodvibes

Kathy, Did i miss you were not well??? Sorry my friend, hope you feel better. Good luck to Kyle & I am so happy to hear closing is coming up soon. I think you and Johnny should pop open a nice bottle that night!!!

Gretchen, nice to see you on. Keeping your family in my prayers.
Your point about the king bed is so true. DS almost climb right on top of my head last night to get comfy. I had to do all I could to keep from laughing.

Maria, thinking of you. Call anytime.

Aimee, glad you are feeling betterr.

Poll results...we switched to CSR last night which I am excited about now and we added an extra night!!!

Ellen, have fun at the winery. My DH is a huge Sooner fan. Hope your Huskers do well!!!

Stephanie, let me tell you Walgreens is my new favorite place. I have been getting great deals lately and switched my scripts from CVS there. I know it is nice to hear positive feedback as well.

Becky, someday we hope to stay at Portafino Bay. I am jealous!
-----
We have errands to do tonight. The DMV registry and then Yankee Candle.
I will not be doing much cooking this weekend. I have a much dreaded colonoscopy on Monday morning. Sunday is not going to be much fun with prep and of course "Aunt Flo" stopped in for a visit today.:scared1: Please keep me in your prayers. We have alot of family history that is why I am having the test. Nervous after my DB getting bad results last time. It has been 5 years since my last one. Sorry for the oversharing but it is easy to feel like I can around here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter