The What's For Dinner Thread - August '09(recipe index in OP)

Kat I'm so very, very sorry for the loss of your precious Sammie. :hug:

Aimee - I hope your transfusions work. You've been through so much lately.

Ann - I think you made the right decision. I'd go for the bigger beds too.

Last night we ended up going out to dinner with my family. My sister and her family flew out early this morning so Mom wanted to get everyone together before they left.

I don't know what we're doing tonight. Mom is coming over here this afternoon, so we'll do whatever she wants.

Kat I'm so very, very sorry for the loss of your precious Sammie. :hug:

Aimee - I hope your transfusions work. You've been through so much lately.

Ann - I think you made the right decision. I'd go for the bigger beds too.

Last night we ended up going out to dinner with my family. My sister and her family flew out early this morning so Mom wanted to get everyone together before they left.

I don't know what we're doing tonight. Mom is coming over here this afternoon, so we'll do whatever she wants.

How's your mom doing? How are you all doing?

Good Morning!

Kathy, I am so sorry about your Sweet Sammie girl. Hugs to you my friend and Johhny and Kyle too…and remember you can call me anytime…I wish there was more that I could have said on the phone last night to make you feel better but time will heal so take one day at a time.

Ok,so here is my try to catch up from the last couple days…

Gretchen, So nice to see you here my friend…hugs.

Nancy, I love the idea of sharing dishes with your WW group and also got a chuckle out of the “horsefeed” comment. :lmao: Did you see my post on FB about Kady's school pics? She is such and beauty and grown up looking!

Janice, Glad school visitation went well…how is Alex liking high school? He must be loving it with the young cute teachers! I agree that men get PMS too. Thank you for the offer on the spices. I think I have all I need but that store sounds like fun! Maybe you can nap after your delivery today. Yay on the new computer for Alex!

Sheryl, I am so glad that Alexis is doing good. That is a shame her Mom had such a hard time with the script. Your dinner looked great! That salad recipe looks really good!

Vickie, I hope your Mom is OK.

Ann, Good luck with the test. I’ll say a prayer for you. How did Ron make out with his pressure? I would go for bigger beds too!

Aimee, So sorry you are having issues with the iron and that you have to go for more transfusions. I keep you in my prayers too.

Stephanie, Hope today finds you feeling better.

Laura, So glad that Liam liked his meatballs! Are the kids enjoyinh school?

Bethany, Have fun at the game! Glad school is going well!

Ellen, Have fun at the game and concert!

Lauri, Hope work and school were OK this week. I hope you are feeling good.

Marilyn, glad things have quieted down at work for you.

Thank you all for your good thoughts for Tom and me, A and T. We are all excited but nervous as well. Andrew does not seem to be phased by the move at all.

It’s a rainy dreary day here…Andrew’s first soccer game was cancelled. Dinner is up in the air. It will only be Tom and I since Andrew has a bday party. Maybe a rotisserie chicken from the store.

Have a great day all!

Thanks to all of you for you kind words of support, it really helps me get through this. It was terribly hard to do but the mass on her liver was huge and the vet said she would deteriorate fast so I had to do let my girl go. As y'all know Kyle left for school, now my baby is gone, it's eerily quiet now. Hopefully time will make it better, all I can do is hug her blanket an hold her collar. Sorry to depress.

WFD - Shrimp creole a salad and french bread.

Kathy -- I am so sorry to hear about Sammie. :hug:

Aimee -- I hope the infusions help you feel better.

Sheryl -- I'm glad Alexis is doing so well. That potato salad recipe looks great.

Lauren -- That's great that Andrew is not upset about the move. He's so handsome, I'm sure there are plenty of middle school girls in Pittsburgh who won't be upset either. ;)

Liam and Caili are liking school so far. It has been a bit of an adjustment getting used to the schedule, but other than that, they seem happy. Liam has even told me a few things about what is happening at school, so things must be pretty good.

Janice -- Alex must be excited about the new computer. Thanks for the spice offer, but I can't think of anything I'm missing right now.

Gretchen -- I'm glad your mom has you and your family to help her through what must be a very difficult time. :hug:

The kids are calling, so it's time to get off the computer. We are going to my ILs later today to celebrate Caili's birthday with them. We're having fish and chips and onion rings.

Kathy--I am so sorry for your loss! :hug: Please if there is anything that you need.

Amy--I hope the transfusion works wonders for you.

Not feeling any better today, but so it goes with allergies. I did get out for my morning run and it was super hard. But it's done. We're gonna watch some football today and then Scott and I are headed out for a date tonight. I know, what's that, right?

Thanks to all of you for you kind words of support, it really helps me get through this. It was terribly hard to do but the mass on her liver was huge and the vet said she would deteriorate fast so I had to do let my girl go. As y'all know Kyle left for school, now my baby is gone, it's eerily quiet now. Hopefully time will make it better, all I can do is hug her blanket an hold her collar. Sorry to depress.

WFD - Shrimp creole a salad and french bread.

:hug: Kathy, I'd love to see some more pictures of Sweet Sammie if you ever feel like sharing. :hug:

It's dreary here, too. We lost power for over an hour last night but now it's just scattered thunder with lots of drizzle and rain. Miserable! The temp did drop some but it's pretty muggy.

Dinner is :confused3 Maybe grab something out.

Hey Everyone sorry I haven't posted much. First internet was down fro 2 days then busy being back to work. I was reading though and saying prayers for the ones who needed them.

Kathy- Sorry about Sammie I can only imagine how sad you must feel.

Steph- Sorry your feeling so yucky from allergies hope it gets better soon.

Lauren- Thanks for thinking of me. Was a good but hard week. I'll get stronger as time goes on. Hopefully my bus seat gets more comfy too not the best for my back and hip. Got a new bus so have to break it in. My kids & parents were so glad I was back boy the stories I heard.

Janice- Hope Alex enjoys school sounds like he just might.

Sheryl- So glad Alexis is doing good.

Ann- Hope the test goes well for you and that all is well.

I hope all of you that are going to food and wine festival give us daily updates I'm soooo envious of you all.

You are not depressing anyone my friend :hug: You have had so many losses and she was always there for you. I cannot imagine the quiet. Gail lost her Riley and Daisy so close together. She said it is way too quiet in her house now, she hates it

Not feeling any better today, but so it goes with allergies. I did get out for my morning run and it was super hard. But it's done. We're gonna watch some football today and then Scott and I are headed out for a date tonight. I know, what's that, right?

How do you run with allergies???? Hat's off to you!

We just got back from Nola's first birthday party and ate way too much pizza and cake. Welby opened some wine, something she had sworn not to do, because her sister had nasty words with her Dad. Well, I took the rest home and you know I am not letting that go bad.

DInner is up in the air still. Buddy had mentioned going to Cabelas but I don;t see us going anywhere now. I am not cooking so we'll see.

Kathy - I'm so very sorry about Sammie! You are in my prayers. I know there's nothing I can say to help, but know that I am thinking about you and Johnnie and Kyle. If there's anything I can do, please let me know!

I feel so out of things! This trying to study is really taking away my DIS life!

Lauren - I'm thrilled for Tom! I hope that all goes well with the move, and with A's father. I'm sure that you can come up with some visitation rules that will be acceptable to everyone.

Aimee - I'm so sorry that your iron is even worse than the doctor thought. Here's hoping the infusions will help.

Sheryl - I'm glad to read that Alexis is doing better. She sounds like she's feeling better, based on her comments!

Becky - I can understand getting so lost in a book that you forget about dinner. Unfortunately, it hasn't happened to me in a long time. With kids, you are always reminded that they are hungry.

I'm not sure what we'll have for dinner tonight. Alan has been out of town on a shoot, so we may just do something easy. I'm thinking mac and cheese or pizza. I know that the kids will be happy with either one.

Just called to cancel my procedure for monday...gonna have to reschedule.
Not sure if it is my tubal or having the baby but this is my first period and it has been my worst ever. TMI.

At least that means no prep today. :cool1:

Not sure if it is my tubal or having the baby but this is my first period and it has been my worst ever. TMI.

Oh Ann I'm sorry your having a friend that isn't being very nice. But I understand totally not wanting to have the colonoscapy during that time of month.:hug:

Ann See there is a bright part in every rain cloud ;) But I'm sorry you aren't feeling well.

Today I'm making tomato sauce. I love how it makes the house smell. I think we'll have lasagana tonight,since I bought all the stuff for it:rotfl: I also need to find something to make with all the apples I bought.

Kathy I hope you are doing ok. It is so hard to loss our babies. :hug:

Maria How are you doing?

Today is going to be spent cleaning Alex's room and setting up his computer. I am waiting for the cooler weather so I can do his floor. I am so happy I did the cat's room though. It is soo easy just to sweep up the loose litter.

Feel better soon!

I feel so out of things! This trying to study is really taking away my DIS life!

At least you have a reason, I am simply suffering from brain mush. Take care of your studies, there will be time for everything else later.

Sending hugs to Kat and Maria! Thinking of both of you today

Gretchen-How is your Mom?

Sheryl- How is my little Princess doing? I have to tell you that her tea party picture on FB was heartbreaking:sad2:. I told Buddy that the poor little thing looked so sick and was such a trouper!

Dinner last night was pizza for me and a gazzilion wings for Buddy! I somehow wound up with Marisa's pizza and they got mine but I ate it anyway!

I am trying to talk Buddy into a late afternoon meal out.

Maria How are you doing?

Janice, I'm okay.....sucked into Farmville!:rotfl:
Lily is doing better & I will be glad when my appt. is over at the hospital.
How's your "boy"?

Ann, feel better.

Gretchen:hug:

Kathy:hug:

Dinner last night was pot roast w/ onions, potatoes & carrots.
Tonight will be leftovers.
I have to mention Greg made dinner last night, when I walked in from errands the house smelled delicious.
He bought a kobe beef brisket for the dish & you could cut it with a fork:love:

Nan--it's not easy running with allergies--but Claritin and Sudafed works wonders for me.

Kathy--still in my thoughts today. Hope each day brings you a bit more comfort :hug:

Ann--not sure if I should be happy for you or not. Lesser of two evils I suppose. And that prep is no fun!

I think I'm going to make Kathy's Cajun Pork Tenderloin today. It's pouring right now, but if worse comes to worse I'll just cook it in the oven. Have a great Sunday all!

Hey lassies....

Kathy - still sendin love ower the water.

Ann - after years of suffering big time I can understand your misery.
Hope you feel better in a few days.

Lauren
- Im chuffed for Tom and although the move will be touh it sound a great op for your family.Im glad A is cool with it that must be a big bonus and Im sure things will work out with his dad.

It been a good day here.

The boy and Colin went swimming this morning ( I dont do swim suits unless Im in florida...but I think Ive said that before ) then we went shoppin for clothes for the hols !!

We dont take much cause we stock up on gear in Florida....much cheaper and The boy LOVES A & F.

Then the boy had his dance class and he had a trial for the Break dance class ( bigger boys ) that he has been wanting to join for ever.

His teacher said he was ready long ago but had to wait till he was nine.

He had to do a " battle " and he won...he is soooo happy and Im very proud of my wee scone.

BBl...xx

Then the boy had his dance class and he had a trial for the Break dance class ( bigger boys ) that he has been wanting to join for ever.

His teacher said he was ready long ago but had to wait till he was nine.

He had to do a " battle " and he won...he is soooo happy and Im very proud of my wee scone.

BBl...xx

Hooray for your boy!!! Tell him congratulations from me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter