The What's For Dinner Thread - August '09(recipe index in OP)

Janice Is that a Yorkie? I have one and I know how mischievious ?(spelling) they can be and she will eat anything.

No she is an australian terrier. Looks like a yorke but taller and a bigger attitude.

Wow! I can't believe how chatty y'all have been today! It's been a nice, relaxing, quiet day for me and Timothy. By 8:30 this morning, all the kids were off to school, so I put Timothy in the stroller and we went for a long walk. That's my plan, until the weather stops cooperating. We'll walk, and I'll get my exercise in and tire Timothy out for his morning nap! Sound good? Maybe I'll finally be able to lose the last 10 pregnancy pounds that are hanging around!

The kids had early out today, and came home with homework. So, we've been doing that since 1:30 this afternoon (that's when Katie got home). Luckily, we've been able to finish all the work today, and that's got Katie happy! She's been so worried about all the homework, but we worked it out where it's not so overwhelming for her to think about, and she can get it done!

Dinner tonight will be a hamburger noodle casserole with fresh cherry tomatoes from the garden. I'm hopeful that there's a cucumber or 2 out there as well. Maybe even a zucchini! If so, we'll have a medley of vegetables to choose from!

Tomorrow I get to take Timothy to the doctor for his 9 month check up and shots! I can't believe he's already 9 months old! Crazy how fast this past year has gone! I'll let y'all know how he's doing weight wise and length wise when we get back. Oh, by the way, have I mentioned that he has 4 teeth, now, and is pulling himself up on the furniture? Walking is not too far away, my friends!

Hey....

Summer is over so youse guys are back stuck with me !!

I am going to try and read back some ( please tell me if I have missed any big news ) and start posting this week.

Its the boys birthday tomorrow( 9 :eek: my boy's gettin big ) and he has me sooo busy so Im thinkin more like wednesday.

Hope youse are all well,enjoy your last two days of piece and quiet cuz yer wee Scot's lass is back in toon soon !! :laughing:

oh, and Ive miss youse fine lassies..xx

Tomorrow I get to take Timothy to the doctor for his 9 month check up and shots! I can't believe he's already 9 months old! Crazy how fast this past year has gone! I'll let y'all know how he's doing weight wise and length wise when we get back. Oh, by the way, have I mentioned that he has 4 teeth, now, and is pulling himself up on the furniture? Walking is not too far away, my friends!

WOW, I can't believe it's been 9 months and he will be walking soon!!!

Hey....

I am going to try and read back some ( please tell me if I have missed any big news ) and start posting this week.

Its the boys birthday tomorrow( 9 :eek: my boy's gettin big ) and he has me sooo busy so Im thinkin more like wednesday.

Hope youse are all well,enjoy your last two days of piece and quiet cuz yer wee Scot's lass is back in toon soon !! :laughing:

:yay::yay::yay::yay: I missed you terribly!!!!

Happy Birthday to your boy!!!!!!!

Here is a picture of the little thief
3853369987_ac9b162968_m.jpg

:rotfl:Love that!!!!!!!

Sheryl, Lily is better. I have to update the vet tomorrow & see what the next step is~

Vick~ Finally your back!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug:

Happy Birthday to the BOY!!!!!!!

Yay! Vickie's back! It's been so quiet without here, my friend!

Happy birthday to THE BOY from this Auntie!

Oh my...time does go by quickly doesn't it? I can't believe Glynis's Timothy is already 9 months and nearly walking and Vickie's boy turns nine tomorrow. It's double digits after that, and there is no turning back. Lately it seems like every time I see Liam in the mornings, he has grown bigger! I think he will be taller than I am by next year. My little girl turns eight two weeks from today...so hard to believe!

Anyway, Happy Birthday to The Boy!

Janice -- $1 for a child willing to do yardwork? Hmm...tempting...very tempting! ;)

Funny story: The kids and I were out running errands and for a break, I decided to stop at a local farm that has a small petting zoo and an ice cream stand. The kids each got a container of food, so they could feed the sheep, goats and donkeys. It was a pretty big container, so after a while, they got bored feeding the animals individual pieces and decided it would be far more efficient to just hold the container up the the animal's mouths and let them eat from it. Sounds like a good idea, right? Well, the animals were smart, and they just grabbed the containers out of the kids' hands so they could have the whole thing. I managed to wrestle one out of a goat's mouth, but in doing so, the food dumped all over the floor outside the pen. The goat was determined to have that food, so he just broke out of the pen. :eek: He was a pretty big goat, so all the little goats also escaped. I don't know what it is about Caili and goats, but those little goats were all following her and she was desperately trying to herd them back toward their cage while also trying to move toward the farmstand to tell someone the goats had escaped. She started running, and the goats all ran after her. She was yelling, "Goats! Goats!" It was hysterical. Things seemed under control when one of the farm workers came out, so I bought the kids their ice cream. As soon as they had it, the goats charged back over to Caili and were chasing her around the picnic table, hoping for a taste of the ice cream. One even jumped up on the table! Anyway, that was our adventure for the day.

:laughing:

Ok big kid and small dog for sale really really cheap :flower3:

I'll trade you 1 kid and 1 dog for 1 unemployed husband. Deal? :rolleyes1

Hi all, hope everyone is well. I had some things to do on the computer so I thought I'd pop over and say hi. It's been crazy here. Fortunatly the hurricane didn't bring any winds but really high tides and waves. Our beaches were closed because the waves were crashing on the stairs to the beach, there was no beach to be on. (Our beach parking lots are up on a bluff and you walk down to them.) Still today I could see the ocean waves breaking from my work (i've got a great view) and we are a few miles back.

That's cool that you had that kind of view from work but scary to be so close to it!

Maybe she's a goat whisperer. :laughing:

:rotfl:

Cute!!!

What a lovely day you had! It was 101 by lunch today, there would have been no walking in my schedule even if I had the time!

I am :eek: that he is 9 months old!!!

Hey....

I'm glad you're back!! :goodvibes Now find us some good eye candy :rolleyes1

Dinner tonight was okay - it's at this raved about local mexican place but the food is not very good, IMO of course. It's all hype - and the giant patio. Anyhoo, it was an event to thank all the people who helped with that camp for kids with cancer that DH chaperoned earlier this year. It was nice to meet the people he told me about (and eat a free meal). After the program, they started the camp video from the week and they said it was an hour long but they hoped people would stay. We both thought they were joking. Who makes an hour long camp video?! Oh no, it was a full hour. Snoozefest! So we got in later than expected and my pain medication wore off halfway through :laughing:

Funny story: The kids and I were out running errands and for a break, I decided to stop at a local farm that has a small petting zoo and an ice cream stand. The kids each got a container of food, so they could feed the sheep, goats and donkeys. It was a pretty big container, so after a while, they got bored feeding the animals individual pieces and decided it would be far more efficient to just hold the container up the the animal's mouths and let them eat from it. Sounds like a good idea, right? Well, the animals were smart, and they just grabbed the containers out of the kids' hands so they could have the whole thing. I managed to wrestle one out of a goat's mouth, but in doing so, the food dumped all over the floor outside the pen. The goat was determined to have that food, so he just broke out of the pen. :eek: He was a pretty big goat, so all the little goats also escaped. I don't know what it is about Caili and goats, but those little goats were all following her and she was desperately trying to herd them back toward their cage while also trying to move toward the farmstand to tell someone the goats had escaped. She started running, and the goats all ran after her. She was yelling, "Goats! Goats!" It was hysterical. Things seemed under control when one of the farm workers came out, so I bought the kids their ice cream. As soon as they had it, the goats charged back over to Caili and were chasing her around the picnic table, hoping for a taste of the ice cream. One even jumped up on the table! Anyway, that was our adventure for the day.

Your little "GOat Whisperer" make me :rotfl2::goodvibes:rotfl:

I'm sorry but with the dungeon, stuffed bird & earrings, I just have this picture of you locked up in a Pirates of the Caribbean Style Cell! :rotfl2:

Sometimes I feel like that :lmao:

Sheryl, Yes BUSY is my friend right now. I think I will also break open a nice bottle of wine tonight. Who says you can't have wine with a burger.:upsidedow
It works for me :thumbsup2

Laura Poor Caili. :laughing: Alex still is traumatized by a petting zoo when he was little. He too got tired of feeding and stuck the leftover food in his pocket and they almost depants the poor kid.:rotfl2:

We are having some really good chicken I made some time in the past, that Alex requested. I have no idea since most of my recipes are Nanatized :confused3. All he can tell me is that it was really good and had seasongs on it.:rolleyes1

Ok big kid and small dog for sale really really cheap :flower3:

:rotfl2::rotfl2: I am picturing a poor depantsed kid with a huge for sale sign hanging around his neck :rotfl:

She is too cute!

That is her ploy! So you would never suspect her.;) Don't fall for it she is evil I tell you. I think she steals socks too and blames the dryer.:rolleyes1

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

How fast was this nine months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe he will be walking so soon, but then I am still having a hard time picturing your Katie in Jr high. I remember her first day of school a few years ago and now she is a young lady!

Hey....

I missed you Vickie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish "The Boy" a Happy Birthday for me, won't you? Enjoy his ninth.....as Laura pointed out 10 is right around teh corner :sad1:

What a lovely day you had! It was 101 by lunch today, there would have been no walking in my schedule even if I had the time!

:eek:

I am planning to have stuffed peppers tonight with a huge salad. I think baked potatoes too.

The lentil stuff came out so good! Marisa read the ingredients off of her box but I did leave out the butter and cream. I think it would have been decadent with it :cloud9:

I gave Nola some for lunch along with a little quinoa. She eats everything that we do and Welby was not concerned so I hope it was okay. She loved it!

Good morning everyone!

WFD - A new RR recipe, Florentine Prosciutto wrapped chicken breasts. If it's good I'll post it. Sides will be leftover baked mac & cheese and maybe some glazed carrots.

Have a great day everyone, off to work & the gym, bbl.........

WFD - Baked flounder with crab and steamed veggies.

Thanks again for the kind thoughts and prayers.

Maria, by the way, I'm finished with those books. Who do I send them to now?

Sheryl

Yes But be warned the boy eats alot oh yeah Minnie does too.:rotfl2: She loves to be petted. What time do I drop them off? maybe a $1.00 for the both of them.

That is her ploy! So you would never suspect her.;) Don't fall for it she is evil I tell you. I think she steals socks too and blames the dryer.:rolleyes1

No she is an australian terrier. Looks like a yorke but taller and a bigger attitude.

This deal gets less sweet by the minute! :laughing:

Hi girls, doing my quick drive bye...

Vickie, I missed you. Happy 9th to the 'boy'! Give him a hug from all of us.

Janice, I need cheap yard help to...$1!!!!!

Marilyn, love the pic.

Maria, glad your furbaby is better. Sending prayers for Leona.

Gretchen, sending prayers and positive thoughts to you and your Dad.

Kathy, how is Kyle adjusting?

------

Emma is starting to stretch right out of some outfits. They grow so fast (8weeks today), she is getting those cute chubby rolls on her little legs. It is so strange sometimes looking at her, she is the spitting image of Luke as a baby.

DH has Luke excited about vacation now. He is teaching to say he is a "POPper". I have been a WDW snob and never stayed in a value yet. I don't care, I am just so thrilled to go and take the kids.

We are going to my parents for lunch. I am taking over my leftover Shish Kabob and rice pilaf.

WFD- Perrogie casserole, and pork cutlets.

Morning Y'all,
We had our first real test of getting DH & A out of the door this morning on my own. No aide & no DD, but We did it! Alexis is usually really pokey & slow in the mornings but she really came through this morning! Got dressed all by herself, even double knotted her shoes, brushed all the knots out of her hair, all I had to do was put it up in a pony tail. And she ate breakfast without stopping to talk every few seconds!
I was so worried about how I could get DH up & dressed & her ready at the same time. But now I feel sort of sad that she's so grown up!

Luckily, we've been able to finish all the work today, and that's got Katie happy! She's been so worried about all the homework, but we worked it out where it's not so overwhelming for her to think about, and she can get it done!

I hope Katie is able to stay on top of all of the homework! It's crazy how much they give them these days.
It is hard to believe that he's 9 months old already! Where does the time go??

Enjoy your walks!

Hey....

We'll be more than happy to have you around more!!!! :yay:

Sending HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES TO THE BOY FAR O'ER THE WATER!!!
Sheryl, Lily is better. I have to update the vet tomorrow & see what the next step is~

Prayers that she will continue to improve.:flower3:

Oh my...time does go by quickly doesn't it? I can't believe Glynis's Timothy is already 9 months and nearly walking and Vickie's boy turns nine tomorrow. It's double digits after that, and there is no turning back. Lately it seems like every time I see Liam in the mornings, he has grown bigger! I think he will be taller than I am by next year. My little girl turns eight two weeks from today...so hard to believe!

Janice -- $1 for a child willing to do yardwork? Hmm...tempting...very tempting! ;)

Wow Caili's going to be eight already! It's just too fast!

I'm backing out on the sale of the boy & the dog, so that you may consider it! I'm not sure I can afford to feed them! ;)

I'll trade you 1 kid and 1 dog for 1 unemployed husband. Deal? :rolleyes1

Dinner tonight was okay - it's at this raved about local mexican place but the food is not very good, IMO of course.
...camp video from the week and they said it was an hour long but they hoped people would stay. We both thought they were joking. Who makes an hour long camp video?! Oh no, it was a full hour. Snoozefest! So we got in later than expected and my pain medication wore off halfway through :laughing:

:lmao: That's funny!

Sorry your dinner wasn't worth watching that hour long camp video!:hug:

:rotfl2::rotfl2: I am picturing a poor depantsed kid with a huge for sale sign hanging around his neck :rotfl:

The lentil stuff came out so good! Marisa read the ingredients off of her box but I did leave out the butter and cream. I think it would have been decadent with it :cloud9:

I gave Nola some for lunch along with a little quinoa. She eats everything that we do and Welby was not concerned so I hope it was okay. She loved it!

:rotfl2::rotfl2: OMG!

Did you tweak that recipe some more? I want to fix it soon.

Nola is eating regular food already? Gosh they do grow up way too fast!

WFD - A new RR recipe, Florentine Prosciutto wrapped chicken breasts. If it's good I'll post it. Sides will be leftover baked mac & cheese and maybe some glazed carrots.

DD fixed it she said it was yummy!

WFD - Baked flounder with crab and steamed veggies.

I've been craving flounder! Flounder with crab, even better!

I can't decide if I'm cooking something now or will get DD to do a drivethru on our way home from the dr. I have a late appt for xrays & then the doc. I'm hoping I'm released to drive without that darned collar!

Happy rainy morning, everyone! So much for a walk with the baby this morning! We'll see what the afternoon brings. Oh well, it gives me a chance to catch up on some housework before going to the doctor.

Dinner tonight will be something with chicken. I've got it defrosting, right now. I'll be back to update you with an actual recipe when I figure it out.

Vickie, welcome back, and happy birthday to the Boy one day late!

Dinner last night was greek salad, grilled pita, and striped bass with lemon sauce. The salad:

3855133189_ffd2bb55d8.jpg

plated with the pita and striped bass:

3855923126_a90a989a5d.jpg

Not sure WFD yet. It is quiet at work right now, but I am expecting to be very busy this afternoon and I think I might have to stay late.

Yum. Becky's pictures made up my mind for me. I'm going to do Greek chicken. I've got everything except feta, and since I have to go to the store, I'll pick some up! Thanks, Becky!!!

Ann, That's cute, Luke's a POPer! I've been a resort snob too, but we enjoyed All Star Music. I'm sure you'll like POP!

Becky, Oh my, now I'm hungry! But at least I'm craving salad!

Glynis, Hope you're able to get that walk later on.:wizard:

OK!

I'm home for a couple of days.

Can someone remind me how to turn on the stove?

And what's that big box in the corner? Is it air conditioner? How does the air get out with the door closed? And surely that poor little light inside really needs to get out somehow......:sad2: And someone really needs to come clean it out and restock the Diet Coke for me.....

:lmao:

Ah well, hi ya'll! It's pork chops and something with something else for dinner tonight in some kind of sauce or gravy......

I need a maid.....:headache:

Maria, by the way, I'm finished with those books. Who do I send them to now?

Nancy please:hug:

Ann~ tell Emma to slow down!!!!!! Solid food chubby legs, so cute!

Leona is doing much better, rehab has started. Thankyou for all your prayers.

Aimee, did you receive your medicine?

Kat & Eleen, how are your boys doing?

Sheryl~ how was last night?

Glynis Greek chicken? mmmmm Can't find that recipe:confused3

WFD~ fish of some sort. I will post when I return from the store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter