The Wedding Was Great, but now for the Disneymoon! An October 2012 PTR -Updated 10/3!

Love your wedding picture! If I looked like that, I'd be using that picture as "me" until the day I died! You'll be there about a week after we leave. Maybe it'll be cooler by the time you arrive. Well, I'm hoping it'll be cooler when we're there also!

Awww...thanks!:flower3: I usually hate pictures of me and can always find faults, but I LOVED our photographer and he got some shots of me that I actually like.

I would rather it is a little cooler as well. I get migraines which heat are not great for, and getting dehydrated is an issue as well. Ry and I are also not big waterpark people so we probably won't be doing TL or BB, so the heat won't be a factor in that either.

You will probably have lower crowds than us since we will be there over the Columbus day holiday. Better than the middle of summer though! Plus, F&W!

Great trip report! Congratulations on your wedding!
I've often felt myself that every major step we've taken in our life, I'm holding my husband's hand saying "Come on! It's going to be great! You'll love it!" And he always does. What is your husband a professor of? Maybe it goes with the academic personality?
You'll love V&A - it's so wonderful. If you do decide to get a wine pairing, split it! It is amazing but too much. Our server suggested it and even splitting it with my husband I was definitely a little tipsy by the end of it. But that port, oh my goodness, I've never had any other drink so lovely. I don't usually enthuse about food but it's that sort of place.

Great trip report! Congratulations on your wedding!
I've often felt myself that every major step we've taken in our life, I'm holding my husband's hand saying "Come on! It's going to be great! You'll love it!" And he always does. What is your husband a professor of? Maybe it goes with the academic personality?
You'll love V&A - it's so wonderful. If you do decide to get a wine pairing, split it! It is amazing but too much. Our server suggested it and even splitting it with my husband I was definitely a little tipsy by the end of it. But that port, oh my goodness, I've never had any other drink so lovely. I don't usually enthuse about food but it's that sort of place.

Welcome! :cool1: My relationship with Ry is very similar. He goes along with what I want to do most of the time since, generally, he doesn't really care and is fine with doing what I want. He usually enjoys it, and appreciates that he doesn't have to do any of the planning to get there. With the wedding he only really chimed in on the decisions that were the most important to him (the flavor of the cake for one), but for the things he genuinely did not have an opinion on, he just let me go ahead with whatever I wanted. So far it works well.

Ry is a professor of chemistry :teacher:, and fits the nerd mold right up until athletic ability. He actually has a lot! We are very different in our academic strengths (I have a law degree and love history) but it makes for very interesting conversations where neither of us really understand what the other is talking about. We also make really good Trivial Pursuit teammates since we have very different knowledge bases.

And thanks for the tip about V&A's, I would never have thought of splitting the wine pairing! I might actual do that if I didn't have to drink it all. I know I would never finish it and the thought of leaving all of that delicious wine coupled with the price was making me less enthusiastic about it.

Wow, that ended up being a long reply, but welcome anyway!:rolleyes1

I know there has been an official list going around, but since I have never had most of the food items on the list, it is hard to determine what I should absolutely try on this trip. :confused3 So I thought I would put the call out on my PTR for anyone's absolute favorite thing to eat at the world.

I have assembled a small list to start with, things that I know I will like based on prior experience and the descriptions on various blogs and sites. Here's the list of what I know I will be eating so far:

Dole whip float
French Toast Loaf
Sweet Cream Pretzel
Ice Coffee Float

And...that's it! (Well, apart from my plan to drink my way around the WS at food and wine...)

Anyone have anything that I absolutely HAVE to add to the list?

We did a drink your way around the world before we had kids, it was <<hick!>> very fun! My brother and sister and her husband were with us on that trip. I only managed three countries - Ice wine in Canada, a Pimms cup in the UK, and Champagne in France.

I did a poll here at our house for single best food (snacky?) at Disney. My daughter said Mickey bar, my son said pizza from pizza planet, I said the cheese plate at the Rose and Crown (although the stuffed french toast at Crystal Palace is pretty nice too) and my husband started listing off whole meals (non-snack), like the steak at V&A which he still swears is the best he ever had and he's a steak guy. I told him "snack food!" so he said either the Margaritas at Vero Beach (yes I know, not even WDW but usually part of our trip) or the cheese plate at Artist's Point.
:mickeybar

Joining in! I love reading about Disneymoons.

My must have WDW snack is the avocado margarita in Mexico. I don't think I really have anymore must eats! Just must drinks I guess!

We did a drink your way around the world before we had kids, it was <<hick!>> very fun! My brother and sister and her husband were with us on that trip. I only managed three countries - Ice wine in Canada, a Pimms cup in the UK, and Champagne in France.

I did a poll here at our house for single best food (snacky?) at Disney. My daughter said Mickey bar, my son said pizza from pizza planet, I said the cheese plate at the Rose and Crown (although the stuffed french toast at Crystal Palace is pretty nice too) and my husband started listing off whole meals (non-snack), like the steak at V&A which he still swears is the best he ever had and he's a steak guy. I told him "snack food!" so he said either the Margaritas at Vero Beach (yes I know, not even WDW but usually part of our trip) or the cheese plate at Artist's Point.
:mickeybar

Quite the opinions you have in your family! I have to agree with your daughter, I should have put Mickey bar on the list of must eats. We have lunch ressie's at the Sci Fi Diner so we probably won't be hitting up pizza planet, but I love getting more support for my decision to eat at V&A's.

Of all the suggestions, I am most interested in the cheese plates! I guess I didn't realize there were that many options for that.

Joining in! I love reading about Disneymoons.

My must have WDW snack is the avocado margarita in Mexico. I don't think I really have anymore must eats! Just must drinks I guess!

Must drinks are definitely acceptable answers as well.:lmao:

Yes, yes...I have slacked off a bit in my PTR. But in my defense, we were in that "all of my ADRs are booked but I still have a lot of time until the trip" phase that bums me out. I have been religiously checking my countdown app and I am excited to say that we will be officially doing the double-digit dance TOMORROW. I cannot tell you how happy this makes me, especially since I am coming off of one of the most insane and sleepless weekends of my life (and not the good kind). So tomorrow I will be breaking out the dancing bananas in celebration.

But until then, I will continue on with my review of our plans. If my memory is correct, I left off on Day 6, explaining that the next day was our final day at Disney :sad1:, but not the final day of our honeymoon!:cool2:

Day 7, Thursday, October 11, 2012

I would love to tell you that I have an hour-by-hour plan for this day, but the truth is that I don't, and I love that! Today is the bonus day we weren't planning on having initially. We were originally planning to spend this day at Universal's IOA, but when we found out that Universal resort guests get in to WWoHP a full hour before everyone else plus get front of the line privileges at a good number of other rides, we decided to spend this day at Disney and check in to a Universal resort that night.

So how will we be spending this bonus day at WDW? To be honest, I have no idea. Today will probably be the day when we hit whatever we feel like we haven't gotten enough of. We will be picking up our rental car at the Dolphin hotel, and we have a 7:00 ADR for dinner at Kona Cafe. So we know we will probably be spending some more time at this beautiful place.

Poly.jpg

Other than that, anything goes! We will be checking out of POFQ and driving over to Universal to check in to Royal Pacific Resort for one night.

Day 8, Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 8 is all about this place:
Hogsmeade.jpg

I have mentioned it before, but I am a HUGE Harry fan. I went to the last 3 midnight release parties with my sister and my best friend, saw all the movies in the theater, and now own all of the DVDs. When they announced that they were doing a theme park I was beyond excited.

As for my DH, he tolerates it well. He actually enjoys the movies, but only read the 7th book. He read the entire thing in between the release of 7.1 and 7.2 movies, and when we went to go see 7.2 he spent the whole drive home complaining about what they had changed and what they had left out.:laughing:

I've already shown you that we have specific shirts to wear on this day, so we will be getting all we can out of the WWoHP. As for the rest of IOA, there is a problem. I was raised by a thrill ride loving father, and I am just like him in that respect. Show me the craziest roller coaster in the world and I am all over it. In fact, as long as a ride is not based on tricking my brain into thinking I am moving when I am really not (I am looking at you Mission: Space!), I will try it. My DH on the other hand, does not love coasters like I do. He is willing to try anything at Disney, but tends to shy away from crazy coasters elsewhere. In fact, when we go to the amusement park near us, I ride everything with his little brother because no one else will go on with us!

So, needless to say, I am not sure I will be going on the Hulk coaster, even though it looks amazing. I mean, surely it is against the marriage rules to abandon your husband of 6 months on your honeymoon to ride a roller coaster, right?:confused:

Up next, more Disneymoon crafts!

LOL! I am probably more with your husband on the thrill rides, but if I can get DS on it by going I will go on it. I don't want him to wimp out on the fun stuff just because mom is a big chicken! :)

I have been crazy busy too...and feel a bit like I abandoned my PTR. But I'm trying to add bits and pieces here and there...plus we are right behind you nearing that 100 day mark!! YAY!! :cheer2:

Have fun at WWoHP. I really wanted to go see it when we were there last summer, but DS was having none of it. He was not happy to be at IoA at all until right before we left. Then of course he didn't want to leave. We went for the last space shuttle launch and stayed right by IoA so I thought he might enjoy the Dr. Suess area. Probably should have just gone to Disney instead.

Can't wait to see your crafts!

LOL! I am probably more with your husband on the thrill rides, but if I can get DS on it by going I will go on it. I don't want him to wimp out on the fun stuff just because mom is a big chicken! :)

I have been crazy busy too...and feel a bit like I abandoned my PTR. But I'm trying to add bits and pieces here and there...plus we are right behind you nearing that 100 day mark!! YAY!! :cheer2:

Have fun at WWoHP. I really wanted to go see it when we were there last summer, but DS was having none of it. He was not happy to be at IoA at all until right before we left. Then of course he didn't want to leave. We went for the last space shuttle launch and stayed right by IoA so I thought he might enjoy the Dr. Suess area. Probably should have just gone to Disney instead.

Can't wait to see your crafts!

That's so funny that you say that you don't want your DS to miss out on stuff because you're a chicken, my DH has all of the same fears as his mother. Small spaces, heights, roller coasters, planes, you name it. He works through them pretty well (mostly because he is so darn logical that he can convince himself that the probability of being injured is so low), but I still make fun of him for it!:rotfl:

We went to see Brave too! (DS and I) He was a little scared at parts but overall enjoyed it I think. Great way to stay out of the heat this weekend. One of DS's friends who is coming with us came over yesterday. They were so funny. DS is so excited about the trip and what he is and isnt going to ride.

We are very close to the 3 month mark! I think that will help make it feel real.

How exciting! I think waiting the 6 months is so smart even though you just had to do it due to scheduling. You can actually plan and anticipate it! We had to rush through the packing and moving at the same time.

For snacks, Howard and I just recently discovered the cinnamon glazed almonds! The two of us shared one cone, and we were very filled by it as a snack. We were happy that because it was protein, we could last a little longer before stopping to have a meal. Of course, the dole whip is the greatest! We like the float, but during our honeymoon, we also just got the dole whip soft serve. It's all so yummy!

What you need to try:
On my PTR i have a list of the best snacks in the World (disney world that is...)! Check them out. they are awesome and YUMMMY!

How exciting! I think waiting the 6 months is so smart even though you just had to do it due to scheduling. You can actually plan and anticipate it! We had to rush through the packing and moving at the same time.

For snacks, Howard and I just recently discovered the cinnamon glazed almonds! The two of us shared one cone, and we were very filled by it as a snack. We were happy that because it was protein, we could last a little longer before stopping to have a meal. Of course, the dole whip is the greatest! We like the float, but during our honeymoon, we also just got the dole whip soft serve. It's all so yummy!

I am very happy that we were not able to leave right away for our Disneymoon. The day after the wedding we were so exausted it was nice even to not have to leave the hotel to go back home!

Mmmmm... the cinnamon glazed almonds sound so good, and they are something I have not heard of before! And I will definately be having at least one dole whip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter