The Wedding Was Great, but now for the Disneymoon! An October 2012 PTR -Updated 10/3!

Hey, Rachel! How have I not been to your PTR before now?! Ah, well... better late than never, I suppose. I've read through the whole thing, here are my random thoughts:

First, congrats on your wedding! Y'all are a lovely couple. How exciting to be having a Disneymoon!

I think Shane and I are going to have to walk over from POR to POFQ one morning to get some beignets for breakfast! YUM.

Speaking of food, I think my most favorite WDW snack might just be the churros. Soooo good! The caramel corn at Karamel Kuche is awesome, too.

Still speaking of food, dinner at Boma is one of my family's favorites! It's all so good.

I can sympathize with your fear of praying mantises. I have the same paralyzing fear of birds. :eek: They freak me out, man.

I have that same VB Hipster! I think it makes the perfect park bag!

My DH loves Vinylmation trading too. It is really fun to do that as well for the element of surprise! What's great about that is that you can pick a number from the trading box, but often times there's also a little clear box of 3 that you can choose from to trade as well. If you get a nice CM, they ask if you're looking for anything in particular, and there were times that we went to ask as well (ex. when Howard was looking for Lightning McQueen or any Star Wars ones). My only issue with Vinylmation is that they're bigger so I feel like there's only so many you can collect (unless you only display a few at a time and just change it up every once in a while). There are some that I personally love (ex. ride vehicle Vinylmations), so it is very fun having those. Haha, even though they're all still in a box from the move.

The pin trading is a lot easier for me because you can trade MUCH more often instead of having to look for a Vinylmation trade box. They're light to carry in my bag since I don't necessarily want to wear a lanyard especially when it's hot (don't want it on my neck). I'm not someone who trades for special pins, like the Hidden Mickey ones or anything that might be of more value. I just trade for what I personally like, so at this moment, it's the DeeBees pins! We also traded for MOST of the pirates set (Mickey, Minnie, etc. dressed up as the characters from POTC).

Can't wait to see how you like the trading!

I would love to say that we won't be coming home with any vinylmation, but I know that won't happen. I am thinking that I might try to get one (or a couple) to keep on my desk at work, I think that would be fun. But I have to say, I am super excited to pin trade. Ry and I keep discussing possible "themes" to try to trade for, as I know I will be overwhelmed if I just go out and try to look for pins I "like". Not sure what the theme will be yet, but if you have any ideas feel free to join in!

Hey, Rachel! How have I not been to your PTR before now?! Ah, well... better late than never, I suppose. I've read through the whole thing, here are my random thoughts:

First, congrats on your wedding! Y'all are a lovely couple. How exciting to be having a Disneymoon!

I think Shane and I are going to have to walk over from POR to POFQ one morning to get some beignets for breakfast! YUM.

Speaking of food, I think my most favorite WDW snack might just be the churros. Soooo good! The caramel corn at Karamel Kuche is awesome, too.

Still speaking of food, dinner at Boma is one of my family's favorites! It's all so good.

I can sympathize with your fear of praying mantises. I have the same paralyzing fear of birds. :eek: They freak me out, man.

I have that same VB Hipster! I think it makes the perfect park bag!

No worries for the late arrival, welcome aboard!:cool1:

I definitely think I will be grabbing some churros from Mexico, and I already told Ry about the caramel store! I love anything caramel though, so it is going to be so hard to choose!

And we are VB Hispter twins, yay! I was stoked to get it on sale, and I really think it is going to be the perfect park bag too!

But I have to say, I am super excited to pin trade. Ry and I keep discussing possible "themes" to try to trade for, as I know I will be overwhelmed if I just go out and try to look for pins I "like". Not sure what the theme will be yet, but if you have any ideas feel free to join in!

My girls started pin trading on our last family trip... I got into it myself last summer on my "girls only" trip! Debating on whether or not to bring my pins for my October trip. I know Shane has no interest in doing it, but I think it's fun! I have two sets I'm working on: one is of the Yeti from EE, the other is a set of Chip & Dale... I'm missing just ONE pin from each set. So I kinda want to pin trade on our trip so I can see if I can find the missing ones! I also have the set of Mickey and the gang dressed as pirates. My DDs love the attraction pins... Mickey and Goofy riding ToT, Stitch and Lilo on Space Mtn, etc.

I definitely think I will be grabbing some churros from Mexico, and I already told Ry about the caramel store! I love anything caramel though, so it is going to be so hard to choose!

I also had the caramel cupcake... but I was disappointed. The cake was a bit dry, and I wish it had buttercream frosting. I want to try one of the chocolate covered sea salt caramels!

My girls started pin trading on our last family trip... I got into it myself last summer on my "girls only" trip! Debating on whether or not to bring my pins for my October trip. I know Shane has no interest in doing it, but I think it's fun! I have two sets I'm working on: one is of the Yeti from EE, the other is a set of Chip & Dale... I'm missing just ONE pin from each set. So I kinda want to pin trade on our trip so I can see if I can find the missing ones! I also have the set of Mickey and the gang dressed as pirates. My DDs love the attraction pins... Mickey and Goofy riding ToT, Stitch and Lilo on Space Mtn, etc.

I like the idea of getting pins with the characters on my favorite rides...Hmm... might have to mention that idea to Ry.

I also had the caramel cupcake... but I was disappointed. The cake was a bit dry, and I wish it had buttercream frosting. I want to try one of the chocolate covered sea salt caramels!

Finally, something in the caramel shop that I don't want to get. I am not a huge cake fan overall, and dry cake turns me off like nothing else! So, yes, finally something that I can eliminate as an option there!:thumbsup2

Joining in!

Our trips will actually overlap a bit, as we're getting there the 3rd and staying through the 8th. We're staying next door at POR. We LOVE POFQ, especially the food court, but I wanted to try the new Royal Guest Rooms and managed to convince my parents. We looked at doing WWoHP after our last day, but so far Mom's just not sold on the price of the ticket and she's worried about crowds. I'm still sort of pushing for it, as Mom and I read all the books and Dad's seen all the movies with us. I told my friends I had the coolest parents ever since we all went to the midnight premier of Deathly Hallows pt 2. So I'm sort of dying to see the park and get a butterbeer and all that fun stuff. We'll see.

Boma is amazing!!! It's our absolute favorite restaurant at Disney, and the one place we all agree on. Even if you're not breakfast people, you should try their breakfast buffet, if only for the Jungle Juice. Also, while you're there, be sure to get a Zebra Dome!

Joining in!

Our trips will actually overlap a bit, as we're getting there the 3rd and staying through the 8th. We're staying next door at POR. We LOVE POFQ, especially the food court, but I wanted to try the new Royal Guest Rooms and managed to convince my parents. We looked at doing WWoHP after our last day, but so far Mom's just not sold on the price of the ticket and she's worried about crowds. I'm still sort of pushing for it, as Mom and I read all the books and Dad's seen all the movies with us. I told my friends I had the coolest parents ever since we all went to the midnight premier of Deathly Hallows pt 2. So I'm sort of dying to see the park and get a butterbeer and all that fun stuff. We'll see.

Boma is amazing!!! It's our absolute favorite restaurant at Disney, and the one place we all agree on. Even if you're not breakfast people, you should try their breakfast buffet, if only for the Jungle Juice. Also, while you're there, be sure to get a Zebra Dome!

:cheer2: Welcome! :cheer2

Yeah, the one day ticket prices at Universal are definitely hard to swallow, and the one night charge for the hotel room was worse! So I understand your mom not wanting to do it. You definitely have cool parents though, if they went to the midnight releases with you! I would love to go to midnight releases, but I always end up falling asleep. Even when we go to movies at 9:00 p.m. and not 12:00 a.m.!

And I will surely be getting a Zebra Dome from Boma, they are on my must eat list!

just checking in- i'm way behind on all my PTR's. i agree with shannon though- the hipster is a great park bag!

just checking in- i'm way behind on all my PTR's. i agree with shannon though- the hipster is a great park bag!

No worries, that's exactly why I haven't posted to my PTR in over three weeks, to allow everyone to catch up!:rotfl2:

Let's take a moment to travel back to my last WDW trip, way back in 1999 when part of our summer family vacation included a 3 day trip to the World. It was the first time I had noticed the "bride" and "groom" ears and I decided that if I was lucky enough to find a husband that would agree to go to WDW on our honeymoon, we would both wear those ears for our whole trip.

Well, I met my DH the following year and he was on board with the Disneymoon idea from day one, but it took us 12 years to actually walk down the aisle. During that time, Disney decided to mess with my fantasy more than I care to admit. (**Warning, semi-rant coming. Feel free to completely disagree with everything that follows. ;))

Back in 1999, the bride and groom ears were fairly simple. The groom ears were just a top hat with Mickey ears, the bride a white ear hat with a veil on the back. Just my style: elegant and simple. Now? I can't be the only one who is dissapointed in the redesign.:confused3 The bride ears? Now look like this:

Brideears.jpg

In my mind, an excessive use of lace, rhinestones and a tiara have upset my simple veil topped bride ears. And don't even get me started on what has replaced the Mickey ear'd top hat. IMO the new grooms hat is utterly ridiculous looking, I am not even going to post a picture. Though I am sure he would do so if I asked, I am about to have my DH sport that in the park. I get that Disney is all about the silliness, but I think it was silly enough before.

But what of my wish to be known as a bride wherever I go? I have to admit I do like the sequin ears with veil headband, but headbands are, unfortunately, one of the 1,001 things that can trigger a migraine for me so those are out.

Sigh. I know I could get the old versions on ebay, but I really wish they had stayed the way they were. I think I am going to head to WoD in DtD on our first day and pick whatever ears strike my fancy, which may end up being the bride ears posted above. But I will be quietly mourning the old bride and groom ears.

Thoughts anyone?

I can't believe that this:
2DBFC708-F8F7-4B1D-B328-94F27AF6CC53-1653-0000020FD86B7D76.jpg

is true!:eek: Though today I like the countdown in my signature better. I month, 1 week, and 1 day 'til we are on our way to WDW! In less than a month I will be single digit dancing:cool1:

So what did I do this weekend to prepare? Did some (more) shopping! Now I know I have already purchased a lot for one vacation, but in my defense I didn't really have any casual clothing (tops mostly) that would work in the world. I mean, I have casual clothing, but it is mostly t-shirts and workout gear. So I could have worn it...but shopping was more fun.

Old Navy to the rescue! I ended up getting some really good deals because most of my purchases were already clearanced priced, and then I had a 25% off coupon on top of that. So here are some of my selections! (Sorry some of these are blurry).

jeanshortssmall.jpg

blueshirtsmall.jpg

stripedshirtsmall.jpg

pinkshirt.jpg

Pinkpantssmall.jpg

The purchases were mostly the tops, which I matched up with shorts I already owned to start to figure out outfits. The last outfit I bought the shirt and the pants. They are kind of cigarette pants but capri length, and are way out of my style comfort zone, but I figured they would be cute for a night out, not dressy, but still more stylish than shorts.

I have also been hard at work at all of my organizational insanity. I printed out the F&W menus to have Ry start to look them over to see what he might want. I also printed out menus for all of our restaurants and had Ry look over the CS options for our days in MK. Luckily, he picked out Columbia Harbour House and Cosmic Rays, which were the two I was thinking about as well. So at least we will have an idea about where we will be eating lunch both of those days.

I've also been steadily working on my index cards, getting all of my ADR confrimation numbers, park hours and parade and evening event times all entered in and figured out. I have also started to add in other important info, like the fact that PotC is scheduled to be down for refurbishment after our first MK day, so we need to be sure to ride it at least once (or twice) before that happens.

Ry gave me an unexpected surprise when he suggested we sign up for a Disney Visa since we are already planning on getting annual passes for this year and already have our next trip planned (in our minds anyway!)

It's all starting to come together! So why do I feel like I still have so much left to do!?:scared:

Cute outfits! Love the blue top and the b/w striped one. Might have to pop into Old Navy myself!! Looks like you got some great deals.

I can't believe its getting so close. And you sound so prepared with all the F&W stuff. I'll have to double check but isn't PotC only down for one day?

Saw your post about the resort. I can't say I blame you on not changing for that little savings. I would have preferred to stay at POFQ, but the savings were just too much to pass up. At least we are still at PO...just the other side.

Cute outfits! Love the blue top and the b/w striped one. Might have to pop into Old Navy myself!! Looks like you got some great deals.

Definitely at least check it out. I think most of the shirts were in the $6-12 range, and the pants were $9.99!

I can't believe its getting so close. And you sound so prepared with all the F&W stuff. I'll have to double check but isn't PotC only down for one day?

Yeah, I worded that badly. We are only planning two MK days (plus the extra magic hours on Sunday night which I think your group is planning on hitting as well?), and the day Pirates is down will be the second day we will be there, so we want to ride it as much as we can before then.

Saw your post about the resort. I can't say I blame you on not changing for that little savings. I would have preferred to stay at POFQ, but the savings were just too much to pass up. At least we are still at PO...just the other side.

You'll have to travel over to our side at least once to grab some beignets! We will probably hit the big pool over at Riverside at least once too.

Ah, the 1,001 things that trigger migraines. I (quite literally) feel your pain. This is the first year they've been really bad for me, and climate changes don't normally agree with me, so I'm packing lots of meds and praying really hard that I'll be fine. And also plan on no headbands.

I totally agree with you about the bride and groom ears!!! I LOVED the old ones. And looked forward to when I could wear them (still a few years to come). But now...ew.

We have 36 days left, and I'm starting to bounce with excitement. Unfortunately with a college student's budget I can't afford fun new Disney clothes, though I wish I could. I'm extremely jealous of yours. If I spot someone while we're down there looking well-dressed I'll be sure to give you a shout out ;-)

Ah, the 1,001 things that trigger migraines. I (quite literally) feel your pain. This is the first year they've been really bad for me, and climate changes don't normally agree with me, so I'm packing lots of meds and praying really hard that I'll be fine. And also plan on no headbands.

I am sorry to hear that you feel my pain on the migraine situation. I always say that you can't really understand how it feels unless you get them yourself. My DH is wonderfully understanding all will always do whatever I need, but he knows he doesn't really comprehend how it feels. I'm with you on bringing lots of meds, but I am also going to try to be as vigilent as possible at controlling my triggers, so lots of water and keeping my blood sugar level as constant as possible are going to be very important!

I totally agree with you about the bride and groom ears!!! I LOVED the old ones. And looked forward to when I could wear them (still a few years to come). But now...ew.

Yay, somebody gets it. After I posted that and nobody responded I was worried I offended everyone with my distaste for the new ears.:confused3

We have 36 days left, and I'm starting to bounce with excitement. Unfortunately with a college student's budget I can't afford fun new Disney clothes, though I wish I could. I'm extremely jealous of yours. If I spot someone while we're down there looking well-dressed I'll be sure to give you a shout out ;-)

Aww, thanks. I rarely buy new casual clothes, just business casual work clothes, so I was glad that I got what I did for the price!

whoo hoo!!! 3 weeks to go!!

Getting excited? Are you ready? LOL! I know I'm not ready but the prep has been fun.

whoo hoo!!! 3 weeks to go!!

Getting excited? Are you ready? LOL! I know I'm not ready but the prep has been fun.

I can't believe how quickly our trips are approaching. Ry and I are both getting really excited!

Well it seems that despite all the evidence to the contrary a watched Disney trip will eventually boil..or arrive, because we are officially 18 days out from liftoff!

Today also happens to be my five-month wedding anniversary with my wonderful husband! So that's nice too. And....on Friday I interviewed for and was offered a new job! :woohoo: I truly wasn't even looking to leave my current position, but a vacancy was announced within the county I work for and it was truly something I could not let pass me by. I really love my current job, but truth be told I am a bit underemployed and the new position is much more fitting for my education and experience. The significant salary bump was nice too! I also purchased myself a little "congratulations" present, in the form of a new iPad! That will make all of the travel significantly easier, and will mean that Ry and I won't have to argue over who gets the laptop.:rolleyes1

I start my new position the day we return from our Disneymoon! The actually wanted me to start on the 8th of October, but were very understanding when I said that I was scheduled to be on my honeymoon that week.

Let's see what else is new. I have been crossing more and more things off of the Disney "to do" list. This week's accomplishments included ordering and confirming our Garden Grocer order, and changing our reservation for our flight out! Yes, with less than a month to go we are changing out plans a bit. We originally were scheduled to leave at around 12, change planes in Atlanta and arrive at Disney around 5. Not bad, especially with a layover, but still not ideal. Unfortunately when we originally booked the flights the non-stops were insanely expensive.

Well, someone's posting about how AirTran had dropped the fares on upcoming flights made me check on the prices of our trip, and I discovered that the non-stop flight was now less expensive than our current flight! :eek: It wasn't the best deal because we still had to swallow a significant change fee :mad:, but all I could think about when we were contemplating the switch is how mad I would have been with myself if something had happened with our connection and we ended up missing out on our first night when we had the opportunity to switch. Ry and I discussed it and we decided that it was worth it.

So now our Day 1 plans have changed a bit as well! We now leave at 9:00 a.m. and arrive at MCO at 11:15 a.m.! We will check in, get settled if our room is ready or just head out to Epcot to grab our first F&W lunch! (And maybe grab some Soarin' FP if the return time is agreeable) After lunch and a stroll around the World Showcase we will head back to POFQ and unpack if we have not done so previously, and go over to DtD for our originally planned dinner at EoS and shopping!

Since this is effectively a “bonus” day, we will be playing it a little by ear. I am just excited that we will be getting to the “World” a nearly 6 hours before we were scheduled to arrive! We are still planning on upgrading to Annual Passes and getting a TiW card this night.

Also, I am not sure if I have mentioned this before, but my parents will be in Florida as well during the same week (they arrive in Tampa the same day we arrive in Orlando.) They live in RI, and we normally only get to see them 3 or 4 times a year (in comparison to the 3 of 4 times a month it feels like I see my inlaws. Really it is more like 1-2 times a month. They live about 90 minutes away.) Anyway, I had originally suggested to my mother that they try to squeeze in a dinner with us some night. She initially didn’t think it would work but called me a couple of days ago to ask if this would still be possible. I suggested Sunday the 7th, when we are scheduled for an early dinner at Boma before we head over to MK for EMH. So that’s the plan! Some combination of my mother, my father, and my mom’s sister will be heading over to see us that night. I was able to change our reservation from 2 to 5 people, and only had to make it 30 minutes earlier than it was originally scheduled. It works well for us too, as we are going to have them pick us up at POFQ and drop us back at the MK, eliminating a lot of Disney transportation for us that night.

Things are really starting to come together! 18 days!!!:yay::yay::yay:

I'm a little late on this PTR, but your trip is right around the corner! I love a good Disneymoon TR, so I'll be along for the ride!

CandleontheWater said:
I'm a little late on this PTR, but your trip is right around the corner! I love a good Disneymoon TR, so I'll be along for the ride!

Welcome! I love your username, I sang a solo in that song in elementary school; it has always been on of my favorites!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!