• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The We Moved To Orlando Trip Report Update 4/12 Trevon's Birthday & East

Hi Amy,

I finally got caught up. How exciting. :goodvibes I can't wait to hear all about the move and what it's like once you get there.

Sophia

I don't live in Davenport so I can't comment on the crime there.

My parents live in Kissimmee and they don't have crime. They have an active HOA. I read in the HOA bulletin that there was a robbery in the development in which I currently live but there is a neighboorhood watch and I live close to a school and speed encforced area so the police are always around.

Earthfairies: Can you request the HOA bulletin for the areas you are interested in?

Again I live in the Davenport area and I am not hearing about a lot of murders. I agree with Feralpeg.

Great. That's what I wanted to hear :goodvibes

Hi Amy,

I finally got caught up. How exciting. :goodvibes I can't wait to hear all about the move and what it's like once you get there.

Sophia

Hi Sophia :) I will keep you posted :thumbsup2 Thanks for reading :)

I don't live in Davenport so I can't comment on the crime there.

My parents live in Kissimmee and they don't have crime. They have an active HOA. I read in the HOA bulletin that there was a robbery in the development in which I currently live but there is a neighboorhood watch and I live close to a school and speed encforced area so the police are always around.

Earthfairies: Can you request the HOA bulletin for the areas you are interested in?

That's great your parents don't have a problem with crime. I will try and get an HOA bulletin ~ thanks for the great idea:goodvibes

Hi all:goodvibes
Who wants to dance with me?

:banana: :cool1: :dance3: :woohoo: :yay: :cheer2: :wizard:

Everything went through fine and we got our house! Yay! It feels so good to know we have a nice place to go to!

3 weeks from today and we'll be hanging out in our new home in Florida!!!
More good news...

Yesterday I continued my research on the crime in our area and finally found the crime statistics for our actual zip code! Guess what? It's not bad!! :woohoo:

The difference between our zip code and Davenport in general, and lots of other zip codes is amazing! The national crime rate is 100, the crime rate for our zip code is 60 overall. Not bad! So I have peace of mind about the area. Also, I google earthed it and checked out the area and it's really nice. All that together with my realtor who checked out the area for me and I really feel good about it:goodvibes
So ~ we got our place ~ deposit's going out tomorrow. It's nice and safe in a great gated community :goodvibes It's BEAUTIFUL! Only a few years old and BIG! We're very happy :cloud9:

The packing is going great ~ we have all the kids rooms and the whole upstairs packed and organized. One of their rooms have the packed boxes to bring ~ the other empty for them to play in. The other has the big furniture items awaiting the uhaul this weekend to go to storage. The other has all the laundry which will be sorted by tomorrow and packed appropriately. The downstairs is packed ~ all the cabinets cleaned out and packed. The shelves empty and knick knacks and pictures securely packed away. Just have to go through the pots and pans and eat all the food:laughing:

It's going good ~ I just can't believe it's almost time to move!!!

Anyway ~ stay tuned...I will keep you updated :) Thanks for reading!

Ooooh!!! I'm SOOOOO excited for you! And since all of us will be "living" vicariously through you ... I'm happy for us too!! Wheeee! I can't wait to follow in your footsteps! (take a deep breath Kris ... soon enough ...)

Can't wait to see pictures of the house!!
popcorn::

Congrats! I'm wondering why you're putting stuff in storage? Why not just sell it or donate it and be done with it rather than keeping it storage so far away?:confused3

Ooooh!!! I'm SOOOOO excited for you! And since all of us will be "living" vicariously through you ... I'm happy for us too!! Wheeee! I can't wait to follow in your footsteps! (take a deep breath Kris ... soon enough ...)

Can't wait to see pictures of the house!!
popcorn::

:wizard: So exciting! I will take pics and post them when we get there :goodvibes

Congrats! I'm wondering why you're putting stuff in storage? Why not just sell it or donate it and be done with it rather than keeping it storage so far away?:confused3

Thanks! I wish I didn't have to store it but since we just up and decided to move and only had 4 1/2 weeks to do it all we have no choice :( We have 4 bdrms. and a basement and we have everything we've accumulated these past 4 years in the basement. We've been meaning to go through it and donate it but never had the time. Now there is not time at all. Also, we can't take any furniture as the home is furnished and we don't want to sell it all and have to re-buy in a year or so if we move again. We need to store the furniture and our keepsake stuff because we have no storage there so we might as well store the stuff we haven't gone through there too.

We are coming back to Asheville to visit later this year and we'll work on it then.

:cool1: Score!!! Yay, I'm glad to hear that you found a great place in a good neighborhood. The progress you are making on packing is amazing; it takes me forever and I usually only move from apartment to apartment. Everything just gets thrown in boxes and labeled "bedroom", "bathroom", etc. I get you on the storage thing; there are some things I wish I had stored, because I ended up not needing them and got rid of them, and I bet I'll want them again in a couple years :rolleyes: . My family has 5 people in it also, and I can't imagine what it would have been like packing for all of us when we were kids! I can't wait to see pics! :banana:

Awesome! Do you have any pictures of it yet that we can see??

No, I mean I have pics but I don't know how to get them on here.

:cool1: Score!!! Yay, I'm glad to hear that you found a great place in a good neighborhood. The progress you are making on packing is amazing; it takes me forever and I usually only move from apartment to apartment. Everything just gets thrown in boxes and labeled "bedroom", "bathroom", etc. I get you on the storage thing; there are some things I wish I had stored, because I ended up not needing them and got rid of them, and I bet I'll want them again in a couple years :rolleyes: . My family has 5 people in it also, and I can't imagine what it would have been like packing for all of us when we were kids! I can't wait to see pics! :banana:

Thanks! Me too, boy it was a lot of researching!!!!! I know, I think we're doing great and I'm really happy it's going so well :goodvibes
Yeah, the thought of giving up everything I've collected over the years, or almost everything does not appeal to me. I know I'd feel bad later.

:goodvibes Wow! This is great! You got the house! Everything is happening so fast. I am so excited for you! I love Davenport! Actually I love Florida, and want to be there. I would love to see pics of the house! YAY for you!:goodvibes

Hi ~ I hope everyone is having a great week :)

Things are going great here ~ got most of our appointments done, that's nice. I just hope we can find some great doctors in the Orlando area.

If anyone living in the area could recommend eye doctor, chiropractor and family doctor/pediatrician that would be great :goodvibes

We're ready for Christmas ~ just have to wrap the "special" gifts if you know what I mean ;)

We are going to go pick up my mom from the Charlotte airport next week and visit Christmastown USA, or McAdenville. It's going to be great. The whole town is lit up and the power company there pays the electricity for the month. It will be really wonderful.

We reserved a u-haul for the 4th. We decided not to go with the trailer. You can only go 45 mph and that would be miserable:laughing:
We're just going with the 14 ft. truck. It makes me feel better now knowing it will all fit.

Well, only 16 days left in our house :banana: Can you believe it?!? It's going to be a very BUSY next 2 weeks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter