The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Hello fellow Wyndham owners. I have a trip coming up starting Oct. 9th in a 2 bedroom deluxe unit. Is there any certain building I should request that may be newer than others or have better firework views? Not that they have to fulfill my request, but it never hurts to ask. Thanks!

The buildings were renovated in order 1-6, so 6 is the "freshest" renovation. That being said, we were in 6 recently and hated the chaos in the lobby of that building - there is a check in desk there for presidential units and there are activity desks and just generally more going on. We much prefer buildings 4 or 5 - the best room we've had yet was in building 4.

Here's our view from building 4, lake view, floor 7:

3oEdxyNl.jpg

We enjoyed building 4 being close to the main building's pool amenities. We saw the full show of the DHS fireworks from our balcony - this is the older Star Wars fireworks show and was truly awesome from the privacy of our balcony. I figured out how to post a link to the fireworks video if you're interested:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BD4X7dhSRJ2/?taken-by=mindiemouse

Maybe this is not the right thread to post this, but we're checking into WBC on 10/8 (this Saturday!) and I'm just a little nervous about what our stay might be like the day after Hurricane Matthew rumbles. Any advice? Anyone going then or around then? I called them yesterday and they did say they have a back up generators so that's good. I'm kinda not going to count on Green Grocer being able to deliver. We've been to WBC once before and loved it, by the way. Thanks!!

Hi guys. We went to BC a few weeks ago and had booked our trip through eBay very successfully. I wanted to recommend our seller, WinPointVIP. Not only did she book my week but she was able to upgrade me from a 1b to 2b as a surprise.

I still couldn't seem to snag a lake view. The last 4 or 5 trips we have had parking lot and i'm beginning to think it's a conspiracy for point renters. :guilty:

Anyway, we still love it even after all these years. Hope everyone has a great trip!

I'm so glad to see this. I just started looking at rentals for a potential November trip and have seen a few adds from WinPointVIP that didn't have a lot of reviews and were quite a bit cheaper so I was worried it wasn't for real. Sounds like that's not the case. Thanks for posting!

I can't believe I'm considering an "offsite" stay, but here I am investigating my options. We are looking to do a 5 night stay potentially next month. The tricky part is that there are 5 of us (which already sizes us out of a number of options) and grandma may or may not be coming so we could be six. Which bumps us out of a whole lot of room options. So, I started looking to find a place that is more affordable for at least 6 people, just in case she makes it, and I landed on Bonnet Creek through VRBO.

I just have a few questions if someone wouldn't mind helping me. First, through VRBO are there any additional fees like resort, parking fees that I should be aware of that could be tacked on later? Second, has anyone bought the insurance through VRBO and could you tell me anything about it, was it very expensive, does it cover all the usual stuff, etc.? I don't normally buy insurance but we typically always book onsite with Disney and have never had any problems making changes if needed. This time we are driving so the hotel cost is the only thing I'm worried about.

I'm also wondering what the likelihood of getting a request might be. I'm looking at booking a 2 bedroom condo or a Deluxe 3 bedroom, but very much prefer a lower floor. Partially, because I'm terrified of heights and also because the balconies scare the crap out of me with my 5 year old completely fearless and super active twins. I'm assuming mid-November isn't a crazy busy time which might help my chances but I'm not sure.

Thanks for any input you can provide!

I can't believe I'm considering an "offsite" stay, but here I am investigating my options. We are looking to do a 5 night stay potentially next month. The tricky part is that there are 5 of us (which already sizes us out of a number of options) and grandma may or may not be coming so we could be six. Which bumps us out of a whole lot of room options. So, I started looking to find a place that is more affordable for at least 6 people, just in case she makes it, and I landed on Bonnet Creek through VRBO.

I just have a few questions if someone wouldn't mind helping me. First, through VRBO are there any additional fees like resort, parking fees that I should be aware of that could be tacked on later? Second, has anyone bought the insurance through VRBO and could you tell me anything about it, was it very expensive, does it cover all the usual stuff, etc.? I don't normally buy insurance but we typically always book onsite with Disney and have never had any problems making changes if needed. This time we are driving so the hotel cost is the only thing I'm worried about.

I'm also wondering what the likelihood of getting a request might be. I'm looking at booking a 2 bedroom condo or a Deluxe 3 bedroom, but very much prefer a lower floor. Partially, because I'm terrified of heights and also because the balconies scare the crap out of me with my 5 year old completely fearless and super active twins. I'm assuming mid-November isn't a crazy busy time which might help my chances but I'm not sure.

I have found points brokers on VRBO but never booked using VRBO's tools. Everyone I've rented from has had some form of cancellation policy - other than that, sorry I can't help but I have no experience with trip insurance.

As for your requests, we have been randomly assigned first floor rooms twice and asked for a first floor room once but they offered us a lake and fireworks view so we took that instead. I suspect the first floor rooms are the easiest to come by and boy are they convenient!

I think you would love Bonnet Creek - it is staying on Disney property but can accommodate your group. It's the onsite offsite :crazy:.

No resort fees or parking fees. Once you pay whoever you go through for your trip, that is all you pay. They will put a hold on your credit card for "incidentals" I think it was $150 this trip for our 2 bdrm Deluxe. They told me the hold would be lifted after we checked out but ours was taken off on Friday and we didn't check out until Sunday. We love, love, love Bonnet Creek when we are a large party! We had 6 in a 2 bdrm and it was tight, but that was due to none of the (adult)kids being willing to share beds! So we used the sofa sleeper and took a twin air bed with us. So much room for everyone to spread out and not be crammed in a tiny hotel room. The only time I stay onsite now is when it is just my DD26 and I going on our runDisney trips and that is mostly because we want to use the race transportation. I think you will love it!

Maybe this is not the right thread to post this, but we're checking into WBC on 10/8 (this Saturday!) and I'm just a little nervous about what our stay might be like the day after Hurricane Matthew rumbles. Any advice? Anyone going then or around then? I called them yesterday and they did say they have a back up generators so that's good. I'm kinda not going to count on Green Grocer being able to deliver. We've been to WBC once before and loved it, by the way. Thanks!!
We are going (supposed to go - I should say too) Saturday too. I'm freaking out to be honest. Got Bonnet Creek through WinVIP. Wondering if I will lose the money on the reservation? I don't want to be there if there's no power, flooding and rides closed. Yuck!

Sure, many of the people who sell reservations on ebay have been doing it for years. You can also check the feedback of the sellers. It's a great place to start your vacation search because you can see what people have been paying.

The only negative for ebay is is mainly reservations within 3 months or so. If you are a planner who wants to book a year out, you would likely have to contact some of the sellers on there to see what they can do for you.
Thanks just booked for 7 nights for 580$ ! Super excited, now to start planning our after thanksgiving trip!

Hello fellow Wyndham owners. I have a trip coming up starting Oct. 9th in a 2 bedroom deluxe unit. Is there any certain building I should request that may be newer than others or have better firework views? Not that they have to fulfill my request, but it never hurts to ask. Thanks!
i would love to hear what others have to say as well!

We are going (supposed to go - I should say too) Saturday too. I'm freaking out to be honest. Got Bonnet Creek through WinVIP. Wondering if I will lose the money on the reservation? I don't want to be there if there's no power, flooding and rides closed. Yuck!
I got mine through EBay thinking it was worth the gamble that I wouldn't have to cancel. I'm not optimistic that I'll get my money back. They said they have a back up generator but I'm thinking that it could be limited to essential stuff like hallway lighting etc. I was planning to order groceries from Green Grocer before we arrived but I'm guessing that they may not be able to get that done. This is truly a bummer.

We just completed our first stay at Bonnet Creek. It was very pretty, the pools were amazing, and we had a great fireworks view.

The one thing that turned us off however, was how they handled us with the hurricane. We were supposed to check out Friday morning, and on Wednesday, we had a note under our door saying they "advised us to leave Thursday". When we asked the front desk, they very strongly told us we needed to be out by Thursday. They had no availability for us to stay Friday night and would not know until Friday morning (but we supposed to check out early???). We called Disney and they had rooms, but we would of had to move each night (for 2 nights). So we called another time share we have stayed at several times and they had us right in.

When we were loading our car (in the pouring rain), one of the Bonnet Creek vans kept honking at us to move. We were pulled over almost onto the sidewalk so they could go around, but they wanted to be able to back up to the door. We were in their way. There were several other staff that day that were just very off setting. I realize they were under stress, but if that is what happens when they are faced with a serious situation, I'm thinking we don't want to be there. Maybe time will make that fade, but for now we are sticking with Silver Lake. It's not as updated, but the staff has always been great and the units are huge.

Can anyone tell me if all the rooms at Bonnet Creek resort have hard-wired internet? I am going there next month and might have to work a bit. Hard wired internet is a requirement for me to login to my works network.

Is there free wifi in the units? I may have to reread said:
Wifi was installed (in hallways) throughout all the buildings and completed in 2012 *IIRC*

Prior to that personal routers could be used by connecting to back of the unit phone.

That option was eliminated ... now there is wifi only.

I always use ethernet when it is available .

ibob52,Jan 7, 2015

Can anyone tell me if all the rooms at Bonnet Creek resort have hard-wired internet? I am going there next month and might have to work a bit. Hard wired internet is a requirement for me to login to my works network.

The wired method of internet access option was removed 2012-2013

I wonder if the business center has wired internet? I had to work during our trip last April and worried about the in-room wifi strength, so I had the business center in the back of my mind...but the wifi was fine for me so I never investigated further.

I believe I read this here, but I want to double check. Do I need to get a parking pass after I check in? Or will my room key be enough to let me in?

Correct, you don't need a parking pass. You can use the card reader at the gate, or sometimes it is open when it is staffed and the gate person just waves you a hello :)

They will tell you at check in to get your parking pass at the "other desk" which is the timeshare sales desk... We have stayed at Bonnet Creek 4 times now and never needed the parking pass.

perhaps they have a business center with a hard wire? Your company can't just let you use VPN? Packets can easily be sniffed on a wired network just as easy as wifi.

Just checked in here Sunday and am so far impressed with the staff and resort. I asked the guy at checkin if a firework view was possible and we got a great one
Our room is in tower 4 on the 15th floor with a view of both epcot and magic kingdom. We can't see the laser show part on the water, but can see all the boom boom. Also we were able to check in at 1030am. I really wasn't expecting to get our room, but figured it didn't hurt to try. I imagine that did help with our room request. I looooovvveee bonnet creek!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter