• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We just got back from 5 days at WBC, we were a party of 4. For transportation we relied on Uber for everywhere, from WBC it was only 5-10 bucks depending on where you were going. Saana restaurant was the furthest. Never waited longer than 7 minutes, it was great to just use your phone for a quick pickup into a air conditioned car. They were allowed to do pickups and drop offs at any disney park or resort except of course MK, where we got dropped off at the Contemporary and walked the 5 minutes. We used WinPointVIP for a great rate for a 2 BR deluxe w no taxes or fees - $182/night. Used the WBC pools after every lunch. We needed an afternoon break after morning at one park , before hitting Epcot for dinner and more rides at night. Started the trip w a FP at Soarin, and finished it with a manageable 30 minute wait on Soarin our last night . Great dinners at Saana, Chefs du France, and San Angel Inn, decent dinner at Rose &Crown.

We loved Wyndham resorts, we previously stayed at Governours Green at Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, Va and knew it was top notch. We always use VRBO.

Here now at the hotel at 2:30 am miserable. This was our 2nd night here first one at this room, so we checked in around 3pm they had moved all our luggage to the new 3 bedroom since we had a 2 bedroom the night before. Well tonight our room was flooded with toilet water. daughter went to the restroom and we went back out to explore when we got back we walked into a flooded bedroom.

its now 2:46 and we are moving around rooms. I feel so bad because I scolded my son thinking he put too much paper in the toilet he mentioned that that he didn't flush any paper down and I still didn't believe him maybe I was frustrated but my wife pointed out that the toilet paper wasn't even used in the bathroom which now made me feel like an @ hole so much that I can't even get mad at the resort for the inconvenience we are suffering.

I just hope they don't try sticking us with some kind of damage bill!! They moved us to a nicer room though and said it had fireworks view so they were sympathetic and I know stuff happens. Wifey wanted me to complain more about the experience but Im more understanding just which i would have been with my son.

all and all not a good end to day 1.

We just got back from 5 days at WBC, we were a party of 4. For transportation we relied on Uber for everywhere, from WBC it was only 5-10 bucks depending on where you were going. Saana restaurant was the furthest. Never waited longer than 7 minutes, it was great to just use your phone for a quick pickup into a air conditioned car. They were allowed to do pickups and drop offs at any disney park or resort except of course MK, where we got dropped off at the Contemporary and walked the 5 minutes. We used WinPointVIP for a great rate for a 2 BR deluxe w no taxes or fees - $182/night. Used the WBC pools after every lunch. We needed an afternoon break after morning at one park , before hitting Epcot for dinner and more rides at night. Started the trip w a FP at Soarin, and finished it with a manageable 30 minute wait on Soarin our last night . Great dinners at Saana, Chefs du France, and San Angel Inn, decent dinner at Rose &Crown.

We loved Wyndham resorts, we previously stayed at Governours Green at Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, Va and knew it was top notch. We always use VRBO.

How did pick-up at MK work out? That is the one I am a bit confused ... did you request an Uber to pick you up at the Contemporary as well?

Here now at the hotel at 2:30 am miserable. This was our 2nd night here first one at this room, so we checked in around 3pm they had moved all our luggage to the new 3 bedroom since we had a 2 bedroom the night before. Well tonight our room was flooded with toilet water. daughter went to the restroom and we went back out to explore when we got back we walked into a flooded bedroom.

its now 2:46 and we are moving around rooms. I feel so bad because I scolded my son thinking he put too much paper in the toilet he mentioned that that he didn't flush any paper down and I still didn't believe him maybe I was frustrated but my wife pointed out that the toilet paper wasn't even used in the bathroom which now made me feel like an @ hole so much that I can't even get mad at the resort for the inconvenience we are suffering.

I just hope they don't try sticking us with some kind of damage bill!! They moved us to a nicer room though and said it had fireworks view so they were sympathetic and I know stuff happens. Wifey wanted me to complain more about the experience but Im more understanding just which i would have been with my son.

all and all not a good end to day 1.
Dealing with any sort of maintenance issue on vacation is annoying, but dealing with it at 2:30 am is extra terrible.
We were at Bonnet Creek the first week in May and had a very similar issue. The toilet in the second bathroom (kids) was slow from day one and we had to use the plunger just to flush a bit of toilet paper. After 2 days it wasn't flushing at all and we had to call maintenance. Not a big deal but the guy complained that it was the end of his shift, and despite me saying it was like that the day we checked in, I still felt like we had done something wrong. They had to work on it a long time and go get extra tools and snake it which made me think the people before us had flushed something they shouldn't but maybe they are just having plumbing issues overall. It never did get much better and I didn't trust it so we had the kids tromp through our bedroom to use the bathroom which wasn't good.

In retrospect I should have asked to move but we were all unpacked and running all over and I just didn't want to pack up and spend the time switching rooms and unpacking again. I guess I would advise anyone with a similar issue to ask to move right away rather than wait. Other than that issue I had zero fault with any aspect of the resort and we loved our stay.

We also had toilet problems in 2nd bath. Floor was slightly wet near toilet when we arrived. We thought floor had not dried from cleaners. We were gone till after lunch Sunday and when we returned found bathroom floor more wet. Called front desk for maintenance. They came, and it took several hours and several parts, but it was fixed.

I got a call this morning from the guest relations they offered a $100 gift card. Might call and ask for more as I found out we missed all 3 of our fast pass rides this morning because everyone was so tired from the night before. Reported issue at 11:55 didnt get into new room till about 3 am

How did pick-up at MK work out? That is the one I am a bit confused ... did you request an Uber to pick you up at the Contemporary as well?

We walked the 5 minutes over to The Contemporary and ordered the Uber from there. Only Disney ferry and monorail , actually can get to the MK. Another option is take the monorail to Epcot, Polynesian or Contemporary and call for Uber from there. We never waited more than 8 minutes.

Question...We will be driving to the parks each day. Can we pay to park at the Contemporary and take the monorail to MK?

Question...We will be driving to the parks each day. Can we pay to park at the Contemporary and take the monorail to MK?
If there's room in the valet lot, yes you're allowed to valet at the CR and keep your car there all day.

Walking from CR to MK is also an option.

So excited for our first stay at bonnet creek! My dad is coming with us and doesn't do the parks. He is planing on just hanging around the resort and joining us for dinners. My question is, can he hang out from about 10 am till check in time at 4? (We were planing on being at the parks) Are there lobbys and a restaurant for him to go to? I don't want him to be stuck outside for all that time...

So excited for our first stay at bonnet creek! My dad is coming with us and doesn't do the parks. He is planing on just hanging around the resort and joining us for dinners. My question is, can he hang out from about 10 am till check in time at 4? (We were planing on being at the parks) Are there lobbys and a restaurant for him to go to? I don't want him to be stuck outside for all that time...

Several Restaurant opportunities plus Lots to do at Bonnet Creek, walk around the boardwalk, lay out at one of the five pools, people watch at Back Bay Bar & Grill, sit out on you units patio, sit out on one of the bench swings, BBQ his own lunch on one of the grills and yes both the resort and the hotel on property have a lobby. I'm sure others will have more ideas.

This video may help;

Last edited:
Hello,
I just booked WBC for the first time for March 2016. I booked directly through Wyndham (2 bedroom) and just want to confirm that there are no parking or additional resort fees for this resort. Some of the reviews on Trip Advisor say that there are, and I see here everyone says that isn't the case, so can someone let me know if there is a difference in any of the fees if you book direct through the resort rather than renting points?

Thank you.

Hello,
I just booked WBC for the first time for March 2016. I booked directly through Wyndham (2 bedroom) and just want to confirm that there are no parking or additional resort fees for this resort. Some of the reviews on Trip Advisor say that there are, and I see here everyone says that isn't the case, so can someone let me know if there is a difference in any of the fees if you book direct through the resort rather than renting points?

Thank you.
if you are staying at the timeshare condos, there is no parking fee. if you are staying at the hotel there is a parking fee , I believe it is $20 per day. as for resort fees I can't say if you booked directly from Wyndham, we have always booked through VS or on ebay and never been charged an additional resort fee... hope this helps

Hello,
Thank you.

TripAdvisor and DISboards etc .. both will get a occasional Review/Trip Report

By a person unaware that they were staying in a Hotel and now they are posting a

Review on the Timeshare page.

Part of it maybe because they share the two words Bonnet Creek in their names.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek .. Hilton Bonnet Creek .. Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek

It's just one of those things that will probably never stop.

I just read their review and move on ...

Last edited:
Hello,

Thank you.

As others have stated there are two Wyndham locations sharing the same property but if you booked 2 bedroom unit I would suggest you have the one referenced in this forum;
1. Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort - no fees (which is talked about in this forum)
2. Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek

Ok good to know, I figured that might be the case with the different resort names, I did book Wyndham Bonnet Creek not Wyndham grand, so no fees is great news.

Thank you all for your fast replies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter