The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We will be staying here the first time this August and wondering what's close for breakfast on the way to the parks.thanks
Since its within the disney gates there is not much "on the way" to the parks. We just got some fresh fruit and organic waffles for the mornings and even did scramble eggs and bagels a few times. They do have places to eat within the hotel but it was just so easy to cook our own stuff and go. Sorry not much help

There are breakfast sandwiches, etc at the snack bar in the check in building at WBC, donuts and such at the Hess station, and McDonalds on the way to Animal Kingdom. We boarded our puppy at Best Friends and stopped at POR Riverside & FQ for quick breakfast a few times.

What do you mean abut looking to see who the "manager" is? Are there warning signs to look for?
Anyone can list on VRBO. The manager is the listing agent/agency. That is the person or place you need to research to see if there are any complaints, reviews, etc. if they are new to VRBO, do your homework. If they've been on VRBO for a long time and there aren't any issues, chances are they're good to go, then it's a price war....Google is your friend.

Hi all!

We were just there a few weeks ago. We normally stay in one of the older towers (2 I think) but this time we got Tower 4. IDK if it's been updated or it's just newer, but it was really nice. The couch was really comfortable - way better than that awkward leather one. The patios are smaller in this tower, but I love the location. The bubble tub is nice as well. We had a parking lot view but it wasn't a total deal breaker for me.

I talked BC up so much that I convinced my BFF to go back with me for a week in a few weeks. We found a good deal on eBay, so we'll be checking in July 11th! Has anyone had luck requesting a specific tower at check-in? I plan to get there before lunch so I hope that helps the cause.

When we checked in on May 23rd, we got there at 7:30 am. I had thought long and hard about the location that I wanted--near the lazy river at building 5, near the parking garage, and with a lake view--so based on my most important (to me) requests, I asked the lady for something near the parking garage. She had one ready right then--building 4, 2nd floor, but on the parking lot side. I took it, since we could go in right away, put our frozen things in the freezer, and come back whenever we felt like it from Animal Kingdom that day. She did say that we could wait until later if we wanted to, but there would be no guarantee of a water view. I decided that it was worth it to be in the area that I wanted--plus, we were able to come back and go straight to our room at 1pm that day to relax.

So, I'd suggest checking in knowing what is important to you but willing to give something up if necessary. I was very pleased with our location!

We are going in September for 4 nights. We recently tried to add a day to the beginning of our trip but no 3 bdrms were available. So we are thinking of spending the night at AS Sports. My question is, since only 3 of us are staying the extra night, could I list the 3 people who don't already have magic bands on the reservation, as long as the person who is paying for the room is there? In other words, does Disney care which other 2 people are staying in the room? I was thinking of doing this to get my DH (staying and paying for the room) and 2 adult step daughters (who aren't coming until our first night at BC) their magic bands so I could book all of our FP+'s. My DD25 and I have AP's and magic bands already and would be spending the night at Sports with my DH. The only problem I can think of is that my DD25 and I would have to use the extra magic band to get us into the room, but since we will be with my DH it wouldn't be a problem. I just don't need another magic band (already have 2) and would save me from having to buy my step daughters theirs. Any thoughts on other problems? We will be landing at 6:30 that night so wouldn't be in the resort that long anyway.

Okay, so I read your post a few times to make sure I understood everything. You'll have a total of 5 adults for the majority of your trip, right? You'd be able to put 4 names on a room reservation at AS Sports, but that would leave one person out when it comes to making FP+ bookings at 60 days. Even though you and your daughter have APs, you'd still need to stay onsite for one night in order to book those, and linking the reservation in your MDE account would show who is onsite and who is not.

The cheapest option would be the Disney campsites for one night since you could list everyone, but I doubt that you'll be bringing camping gear! The next option would be Port Orleans Riverside, which can accommodate 5 per room. If that's not available, you could do a suite at AS Movies, which can accommodate 5 per suite--that would probably be over $200 for the night, and you'd have to decide if it's worth it to be able to book all of the FP+ at 60 days. Oh, and I think Disney charges a few dollars extra for each person over 18 in the room over two people (maybe $10 a person?). One more thing--when staying onsite only one night, you'll have to make your FP+ selections one day at a time. For example, if Day 1 is the day you check out, and let's say that the date is September 20th, you can make your choices 60 days before that date. If Day 2 is September 22nd, you'll have to wait until 60 days prior to that date to make the choices for that date.

I had a party of 6 for our stay back in May--me alone with 5 kids (yes, I lost my mind for a bit!)--and we stayed at AS Movies for our first night, arriving at 9pm and leaving around 7am the next morning. I stayed up late each night for a week to make our FP+ choices 60 days prior to each date, but it was worth it to me, since I was able to get what we wanted, including some Anna & Elsa FPs.

Really, unless you're needing FP+ choices for A&E or maybe the mine train, booking them at 30 days would be fine. Heck, I have many friends that have success at getting the mine train at 30 days!

Now that I'm sure I've made all of this clear as mud, I'll stop. Let me know if you have any questions, or if I made no sense at all!

Edited to add: after doing some research, it looks like you'd be able to book FP+ choices for everyone as long as you have them added to your MDE account. I'm going on the word of others, though, since I have no personal experience doing this.

Last edited:

Okay, so I read your post a few times to make sure I understood everything. You'll have a total of 5 adults for the majority of your trip, right? You'd be able to put 4 names on a room reservation at AS Sports, but that would leave one person out when it comes to making FP+ bookings at 60 days. Even though you and your daughter have APs, you'd still need to stay onsite for one night in order to book those, and linking the reservation in your MDE account would show who is onsite and who is not.

The cheapest option would be the Disney campsites for one night since you could list everyone, but I doubt that you'll be bringing camping gear! The next option would be Port Orleans Riverside, which can accommodate 5 per room. If that's not available, you could do a suite at AS Movies, which can accommodate 5 per suite--that would probably be over $200 for the night, and you'd have to decide if it's worth it to be able to book all of the FP+ at 60 days. Oh, and I think Disney charges a few dollars extra for each person over 18 in the room over two people (maybe $10 a person?). One more thing--when staying onsite only one night, you'll have to make your FP+ selections one day at a time. For example, if Day 1 is the day you check out, and let's say that the date is September 20th, you can make your choices 60 days before that date. If Day 2 is September 22nd, you'll have to wait until 60 days prior to that date to make the choices for that date.

I had a party of 6 for our stay back in May--me alone with 5 kids (yes, I lost my mind for a bit!)--and we stayed at AS Movies for our first night, arriving at 9pm and leaving around 7am the next morning. I stayed up late each night for a week to make our FP+ choices 60 days prior to each date, but it was worth it to me, since I was able to get what we wanted, including some Anna & Elsa FPs.

Really, unless you're needing FP+ choices for A&E or maybe the mine train, booking them at 30 days would be fine. Heck, I have many friends that have success at getting the mine train at 30 days!

Now that I'm sure I've made all of this clear as mud, I'll stop. Let me know if you have any questions, or if I made no sense at all!

Edited to add: after doing some research, it looks like you'd be able to book FP+ choices for everyone as long as you have them added to your MDE account. I'm going on the word of others, though, since I have no personal experience doing this.

Thanks! You gave me lots to think about, lol! I think we are staying at Pop, but haven't booked yet. So if I book at a room for one night I can book FP+ for our whole stay??

We are going in September for 4 nights. We recently tried to add a day to the beginning of our trip but no 3 bdrms were available. So we are thinking of spending the night at AS Sports. My question is, since only 3 of us are staying the extra night, could I list the 3 people who don't already have magic bands on the reservation, as long as the person who is paying for the room is there? In other words, does Disney care which other 2 people are staying in the room? I was thinking of doing this to get my DH (staying and paying for the room) and 2 adult step daughters (who aren't coming until our first night at BC) their magic bands so I could book all of our FP+'s. My DD25 and I have AP's and magic bands already and would be spending the night at Sports with my DH. The only problem I can think of is that my DD25 and I would have to use the extra magic band to get us into the room, but since we will be with my DH it wouldn't be a problem. I just don't need another magic band (already have 2) and would save me from having to buy my step daughters theirs. Any thoughts on other problems? We will be landing at 6:30 that night so wouldn't be in the resort that long anyway.

I'd probably do it the way you're proposing. Everyone in the scenario is an adult, so no worries about child vs. adult. And I'd assume that your step daughters will not be taking MDE, correct?

I'd probably do it the way you're proposing. Everyone in the scenario is an adult, so no worries about child vs. adult. And I'd assume that your step daughters will not be taking MDE, correct?

No, they are driving down from NC and meeting us on Friday.

I have a gift certificate that I won at a silent auction for a deluxe room (1bedroom) for 2 nights including parking and resort fees. Expires end of 2015. Any advice on how I can get rid of it? just trying to recoop the money I put out for it.
We are going to Disney for Mardi Gras 2016.
not sure if i am breaking a rule..... if I am, please feel free to delete.

thanks,
Kristy
klstiger01@gmail.com

Thanks! You gave me lots to think about, lol! I think we are staying at Pop, but haven't booked yet. So if I book at a room for one night I can book FP+ for our whole stay??
Yes, you'll be able to do that, but at 60 days prior to each park day, instead of all in one sitting like you'd be able to do if you were staying onsite the whole time. Also, you'd get free parking at the parks for two days--your check-in day and your check-out day.

Anyone know if the pool/ bar @ tower 6 will remain open when tower 6 is under renovations in October. Not sure how these renovations are done. Just trying to figure out what tower to request upon arrival.
Thanks

For those that have stayed at WBC and visited Disney, how feasible is it to return to the condos for a mid day break and then head back to the parks for the evening? Or is it more of a hassle..... Kids are 3 & 5. Thanks!

Kristi - Wyndham Bonnet Creek has neither parking or resort fees. Maybe you won for the Wyndham Grand hotel?

klcrawford - it is very easy to return to the condo for a break. Animal Kingdom is the farthest away. Come back for a swim or naps - it will really revive everyone. Plus a break from the over stimulation.

For those that have stayed at WBC and visited Disney, how feasible is it to return to the condos for a mid day break and then head back to the parks for the evening? Or is it more of a hassle..... Kids are 3 & 5. Thanks!

We didn't do it but it would be super easy. We never saw much of heavy traffic last week.

I went with a soon to be 4 year old and soon to be 2 year old. We never made it back (and not sure if we would have if we were on site). Just felt easier to stay in the parks and have a mid afternoon cool down somewhere. The little one napped in a stroller and the older one doesn't nap any more. I think the only park that would be a real pain to leave during the day would be magic kingdom, just because of the time to take the boat and then tram or walk to the car. And my fear with leaving mid-day was that the little one would conk out for a nap as soon as she got in her car seat and we wouldn't even make it back to bonnet creek...

Yes, you'll be able to do that, but at 60 days prior to each park day, instead of all in one sitting like you'd be able to do if you were staying onsite the whole time. Also, you'd get free parking at the parks for two days--your check-in day and your check-out day.

Great! Thanks! I don't mind doing it every day.

Hi everyone! It's been about 6 years since my last Disney trip and this will be the first time staying offsite July 18-25. I booked through Michael Sullivan, winpoints vip, and so far so good. My room confirmation reflects that my room is a 2 bedroom presidential reserve room. I've heard the only difference is they give you some robes and upgraded toiletries. If there is more to it than that, I'd love for someone to enlighten me! I also heard that because I'm not a Wyndham owner, they don't have to give me the reserve room even though that is what is currently reserved. Does anyone have experience with being booked a Presidential Reserve room as the guest of an owner and them not providing the reserve room at checkin? Or does anyone have any feedback about a Presidential Reserve room at all? Thanks!

All pres. 2 bedrooms are located in building 6. I did not receive the room I had booked but was given another room on the same floor. You will check in at building 6. The gate person will direct you. Be sure and receive a card to open the parking garage arm. ( your room card will not work). Keep your car out of the sun & rain plus you can reach it without going outside. The first time it is a challenge and then you learn where to go to avoid the hotel and end up in building 6. When I asked why I did not get the room I had reserved I was told that I was not the presidential owner. Really no big deal as all the rooms are great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter