The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

$169/night for a 3-bedroom is high? We are going January 2016 and I priced out 8 different WBC brokers including recommended agents from this thread and VRBO. The cheapest I found was $1299 for 7 nights, which is $185/night. And then I booked somewhere else that was slightly higher (still under $200/night) because they had a better reputation and awesome cancellation policy.
For January you might be able to do better if you wait, however you are paying the premium for booking early.

What is the difference between the 2 BR Presidential Suite and the Deluxe 2 BR?
Slightly larger room that's a bit more "done."
Stainless appliances.
Full-size washer and dryer instead of a stacked unit
May not have a couch bed and only sleep 6
Guarantees you are in Tower 6 and in one of the higher floors.

Not worth paying much extra for, IMO. We have stayed in presidentials a few times, but have never paid extra just to stay in one.

$169/night for a 3-bedroom is high? We are going January 2016 and I priced out 8 different WBC brokers including recommended agents from this thread and VRBO. The cheapest I found was $1299 for 7 nights, which is $185/night. And then I booked somewhere else that was slightly higher (still under $200/night) because they had a better reputation and awesome cancellation policy.
It seemed high based on people saying they've gotten it for $800/wk? Maybe I'm aiming too low....

We've rented through VRBO and got good rates, great cancellation policy and absolutely no issues with the process or with checking in at BC (and other places, too.). Just check each listing carefully and check out who the "manager" is.

$169 for a 3 BR is not high at all-especially for spring break season, and basically mid-March thru the end of April is spring break these days.

What do you mean abut looking to see who the "manager" is? Are there warning signs to look for?

We are here now (gosh it is HOT! not sure how people do it in August.) I was nervous considering some past reviews but the place is bug free( thank the heavens) and nice. The cleaning did leave a bit to be desired but I always sanitize and do a quick clean of any room so it's not that big of a deal. I do recamend bringing vinegar and run it through the coffee maker on the clean cycle. I did this and gathering by the color and stuff that came out I would say it has been ages since it was done.
Booked through VRBO and used Michael Sullivan and was very helpful and nice. His prices were in line with other people mentioned here. Not one problem checking in. Well other then my husband signed Us up for the presentation in return for a weeks stay somewhere.(has anyone done this? Any advice?) We did Learn that REI bought these guys out so perhaps that could be the reason for certain issues people are mentioning. Overall it's been great and the location is nice. We stayed here back in 2009 and while it shows its age mildly it's really still a great place. We are in tower 4 floor three and have quite a nice view and our room was ready at 12:45 and they let us check in early with. No issues. One agent did say that since our stay many years ago BC has become so popular and in high demand that people are getting much more for them.

Hi. Can anyone point me in the direction of a list of what to buy to stock our room for our 11 day stay? We are flying in and plan on doing a shop at Walmart the day we arrive. Have breakfast food, snacks, drinks, some toiletries on my list. Do we need dishwashing liquid, laundry powder, toilet paper? Any other suggestions?
Does Walmart sell fresh food (fruit/veg/meat)? Coming from Australia so unsure.

Anyone have any updates on Tower 6 refurbishment ??
We are going in October and was told tower 6 would be down.
Just wondering if this is still the plan.
Thanks

We stayed there last month for our 24-hour trip and will be back again in October for MNSSHP. DH was talking to someone at the Tower 6 check in who told him Tower 6 would be closed for renovations for three months the end of the year, including October.

Some of the rates here for 2 and 3 bedrooms seem so low. From what I have read, it would seem that for owners, the maintenance fees alone would exceed what people are paying them to rent a week at WBC.

Surely I am missing something, or are there a lot of owners who are just renting these units at a loss?

I am asking because I asked my uncle, who is a Wyndham owner, if he might be able to secure a 2 or 3 bedroom for us in April of 2016. I asked him via email how much it would cost and if there is availability. He responded via email "I went ahead and booked a 3 bedroom for you. We will work out price." I started reading about points and maintenance fees for Wyndham (which is quite confusing and the info available is difficult to find for a non-owner). I am afraid he is going to come back and say, "So that will be $3000 for the week." :crazy2:

How much do you think it is costing my uncle to rent this 3 bedroom unit to me for the week? I don't want him to lose money on me, but I also don't want to pay significantly more than most people pay to rent this unit.

What do you think?

Hi. Can anyone point me in the direction of a list of what to buy to stock our room for our 11 day stay? We are flying in and plan on doing a shop at Walmart the day we arrive. Have breakfast food, snacks, drinks, some toiletries on my list. Do we need dishwashing liquid, laundry powder, toilet paper? Any other suggestions?
Does Walmart sell fresh food (fruit/veg/meat)? Coming from Australia so unsure

The unit does come with all you listed but it is a small amount and would not be enough for your entire stay.
Walmart does sell fresh food and convenient frozen food for a fast fix for supper after a long day in the park.
If you are fussy about the toilet paper you use then I would pick up some more.
I think you get laundry soap for 2 loads. No product like bounce for the dryer so be sure and buy that.
I always ask housekeeping for more soap for the dishwasher as we do cook most meals and I think the unit comes with only 3 packets.
I believe you will receive a cleaning at the end of 7 days but not sure as we only go for a week.

AtlantaDisneyDre - The last 2 weeks of April are value season and the points for a 3 bedroom for a week are 175,000. My 231,000 points cost me $970.00 a year. So I would think around $800.00 would be a fair price for both of you.

AtlantaDisneyDre - The last 2 weeks of April are value season and the points for a 3 bedroom for a week are 175,000. My 231,000 points cost me $970.00 a year. So I would think around $800.00 would be a fair price for both of you.

Thanks for the info. That makes me feel a little better. Of course, we would be staying the first week of April, which will be more expensive, but at least it won't blow our budget.

I know that two nights at the Panama City Wyndham cost him 140,000 points and that sounded steep to me, but maybe it costs more to rent for a short period of time, and maybe the beach condos are more expensive. I asked him for a rate for 6 nights and he booked for 7, so I am guessing it is just about cheap to book 7 as 6.

The 2BR Presidential has a larger living area and double balcony. I believe the shower in the master bedroom is also bigger, and there is a little more space in the MBR itself. Otherwise, no real difference.

Just back this morning from a week in a 2BR Deluxe. Check-in was easy and our room was available when we arrived just past noon. We did get a parking pass, but declined the owner's breakfast. I know that they called multiple times to try to get us to schedule, but we did not answer the phone. And on our last full day, when I did try to answer, the phone handset did not work, so we had the perfect excuse!

This is our 3rd stay at WBC in 6 yrs. It is starting to show just a little bit of age, at least in our unit. The colors and style haven't changed since our first visit, and they are a little tired. I also dislike the tops of the iron chairs for the bar, which stick out far enough that I run into them the first few days no matter how far in we move the chairs.

We were 2nd floor, Tower 2. We got our requested lake view, which was partially obscured by the trees, but that meant people on the path couldn't really see us on the balcony. That worked great for us. The unit was very clean, and all the furniture was in good shape. The "bubble tub" in the master worked very well, there was plenty of water for 4 people to get hot showers. The large appliances were once again the most cost effective on the market, which meant absolutely no bells and whistles and loud washer and dishwasher. The dryer was very slow - most loads took two cycles to dry.

We do some limited cooking during our stays, so the kitchen is important to us. The kitchen was clean and easy to use. All the countertop appliances appeared to be in good order, and were Cuisinart, which is the Wyndham standard. We did not use any of them this trip, but saw no obvious problems with them. There seemed to be fewer cooking items this trip. 1 large and 1 small pot with lid, 1 medium frying pan no lid, one dutch oven no lid, 2 - 9x13 pans (one glass, one metal), 1 cookie sheet, 1 covered glass casserole, 1 colander, 1 HUGE glass salad bowl. Measuring spoons and 1 glass liquid measure, but no dry measuring cups. Full place settings for 8, with glassware in multiple sizes. Limited cooking utensils. We did use all the large appliances, with only one issue. The oven door did not seal, which almost made it useless. Fortunately, the way the oven is positioned, pulling out the utensil drawer pushed the door in well enough to bake. Baking was limited to Texas Toast, but still.. We prepared simple dishes - pasta, hot dogs, sandwiches - and the kitchen was fine for those things. There were no grill utensils, but there were very nice gas grills near each of the towers. I never saw all of them in use at any one time, but did note that there were normally fewer tables than grills in each grill pavilion.

This trip we did not use the pools or lazy rivers, which looked more crowded than on previous visits. We did use the walking path several nights, and it's a nice walk around the lake. We did not even set foot in the main bldg except to check in and out, and we did not use the food service. We cooked in 3 nights, had breakfast in the room each day, and made sandwiches in the room the one day we were not at a park.

Overall, this was another good stay, and my complaints above are very minor. Everything worked, and the space is awesome. We will definitely stay again when we come back to Orlando.

Last edited:
Does Walmart sell fresh food (fruit/veg/meat)? Coming from Australia so unsure.

The room will have 2 dishwasher detergents, 2 laundry detergents, a small container of liquid dish soap (plenty for your stay), 1 decaf and 1 regular coffee, 1 microwave popcorn, tiny salt & pepper, 1 2 liter lemonade mix, 1 sponge, 2 dishtowels, 2 dishcloths, 2 potholders/trivets.

For our week, we brought/purchased: laundry and diswasher pods, napkins, wet wipes, disposable muffin tins, spices, ziplock bags, foil, various food/beverage, liquid hand soap for the kitchen. I wish I had bought plastic cling wrap and cloth potholders. I do not remember seeing a corkscrew, but I wasn't looking for one; mom always packs her own.

Getting super excited for our first stay at WBC in August. Would love to hear which towers are the best to stay. Which ones are newly renovated?
We have 4 kids so convenience and view of the fireworks would be great.

There is also a paved sidewalk down Chelonia Pkwy to Buena Vista Dr. I would guess it is close to a mile. Chelonia Pkwy has 2 additional hotels which you could run to for a longer route.

Unfortunately, the sidewalk doesn't go quite all the way to the road but if you combine with a route around the Waldorf/Hilton it's pretty easy to get a 5K in.

Can anyone tell me if the tap water at BC has the same nasty taste as the water at WDW? Or do they filter it somehow? We will be making lots of lemonade/iced tea and wondered about having to buy gallon jugs of drinking water to make it with. Also if the ice in the makers has that taste/smell as well? I know it doesn't bother a lot of people (didn't bother my DD25 at all) but I just couldn't stomach it. TIA

It's more or less the same. We keep a Brita filter in our Owners' Locker to deal with it. We don't worry too much about the ice, as at cold temperatures it is much less noticeable.

[QUOTE="It's more or less the same. We keep a Brita filter in our Owners' Locker to deal with it. We don't worry too much about the ice, as at cold temperatures it is much less noticeable.[/QUOte]

Thanks for replying! We were thinking of getting a Brita filter to take with us (or get one at Walmart when we get there). Glad to know it helps!

My only tip for people is that if you're staying in tower 6 - there is a ramp right next door which I guess is for the hotel part but you can use it. However your room key will not work. You have to get a special key card from the front desk in tower 6.

We have seen so many people holding up he line to get in because no where does it say your regular room key won't work. My dad was also in that boat when we first arrived lol. They are seriously lacking parking ground level parking by tower 5 and 6

Oh and my only gripe so far is that the ac system is wonky. I'm in the 3rd bedroom and I have the ac cranked down to 65 and it's still warm. Feels like there's barely any airflow in that room. The rest of the unit is very cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter