• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We just got back from WBC, had a great time and loved the resort!
Check-In We arrived at 2pm and were able to check-in. The line at the check-in desk was quite long. Probably 15 people in line in front of me. It seemed to move quickly and took about 20 minutes. One thing I noticed was that there were only 5 people working to get guests checked in, but there were 12 working at the "parking pass desks". Once I got up to the desk I had to give my drivers license and a credit card. They placed a $150 hold on the credit card for "incidentals", whatever that means. He said it would be removed from my account after about 5 days. He gave us our key cards and directed us to the "parking pass desk".

Parking Pass Desk I considered skipping the parking pass desk, but decided that I wanted to experience it, just so I could post here about it. I walked over to one of the desks and was directed around to the side where a lady was standing. I said to her "I need a parking pass, please" she asked for my drivers license (annoying that I had to show it AGAIN) and asked for everyone's name who would be staying there. She asked me three different times if I already had all of the tickets that I needed. Then she started giving me the talk about the breakfast. Every time she asked me something, my answer was basically "I am just here for the parking pass". I could tell she was getting annoyed. Finally she asked me "Have you already been to the breakfast?" I said "no and I'm not interested, I just want the parking pass" She took my parking pass and a Wyndham catalog and slammed it down on the counter. I picked it up and walked away. Sunday evening they called twice w/in 15 minutes inviting us to the breakfast or a luncheon. I'm not sure exactly what they said because my husband answered both of those times. The next day I answered when they called again. She offered a $150 gift card if we would attend. I nicely told her we weren't interested and would be checking out the next morning and she said she'd remove us from her list.

Room Tower 5, room 484 I did not request a room/view. We had a view of the parking garage. We could see some fireworks over the trees around 9:30 each night. If we had been a few floors higher we would have been able to see them really well. The room was nice and clean. Tons of space. There was an iron, but no ironing board. We had no extra toilet paper or trash bags. There were only 3 of us and we were only there 4 days, so the two rolls of toilet paper were enough, but just barely. They provided plenty of bar soap (one bar at each bathroom sink, plus a bar in each shower and one at the master tub). There was also body gel, mouthwash (which had already been opened), shampoo, conditioner and lotion. The room wasn't very sound proof. I was woken up very early each morning by a baby crying in the room next door. We also heard kids running up and down the hallway all through the night....sounded like a herd of elephants. The location was perfect. It was a very easy drive to all 4 disney parks.

I have some pictures of the room that I will post in the picture thread once I upload them.

Thanks for the review, we are headed there in 2.5 weeks. I won't be checking in until late (plane lands at 9:05pm) so I will try to skip the "parking pass desk". I might also unplug the phone in the room. We usually pack a fan or two in our luggage or just turn the bathroom fan on for white noise. I sleep with a fan at home as do my kids so hopefully we won't notice too much noise in the other rooms or in the hallways. Now just have to remember to pack extra supplies, we are staying 10 nights so 2 rolls of toilet paper for 5 people won't cut it!

Thanks for the review, we are headed there in 2.5 weeks. I won't be checking in until late (plane lands at 9:05pm) so I will try to skip the "parking pass desk". I might also unplug the phone in the room. We usually pack a fan or two in our luggage or just turn the bathroom fan on for white noise. I sleep with a fan at home as do my kids so hopefully we won't notice too much noise in the other rooms or in the hallways. Now just have to remember to pack extra supplies, we are staying 10 nights so 2 rolls of toilet paper for 5 people won't cut it!

I thought it was odd that there wasn't one extra roll of toilet paper in each bathroom. I'm sure that you can request more, but may have to go to the desk in the main building to get it.

Here now. Checked in yesterday at 10:30, room was not ready until 2:30. They did say during check in that you can call house keeping for additional items, such as soap etc. We are in tower 6 and this time I did not request a view or floor just to see what we would get. I am happy to report we are on the 15th floor with a pool view and perfect firework view as well! For those wondering if tower 6 is dated and worn because it's due for a refurb, I can say it is in great shape. Everything in our unit is in great condition and does not show tremendous wear.

Here now. Checked in yesterday at 10:30, room was not ready until 2:30. They did say during check in that you can call house keeping for additional items, such as soap etc. We are in tower 6 and this time I did not request a view or floor just to see what we would get. I am happy to report we are on the 15th floor with a pool view and perfect firework view as well! For those wondering if tower 6 is dated and worn because it's due for a refurb, I can say it is in great shape. Everything in our unit is in great condition and does not show tremendous wear.

Thanks for keeping us updated!!! Hope you have a wonderful trip!!! Take some fireworks pictures for us!!!! Enjoy!

Excellent news. We we will be there in a little under two weeks and will be in tower 6. Can't wait!!!

Did you head anything back from them yet? Someone returned my call w/in an hour after I left a message. If you haven't heard back I'm sure you will. I know how you feel though, I was completely freaking out. It all worked out for us. We just got back today and had no problems checking in.

Yes, we did get it straightened it out yesterday, thank God! No one ever did return my message or email, but my husband was able to get someone on the line a bit later in the day. I guess they don't keep business hours for panicked guests on the weekends, lol. They didn't have an excuse for not having the reservation switched to my name, but they were very prompt in taking care of it once we were able to reach them. Now I can fully look forward to ditching the kids and having a sweet vacation with my hubby:cheer2:

Hi all - I am going to WBC for the first time next week (joining my sisters family who is renting there) but will need to get to the airport somehow very early on Friday morning and will n to have a rental car. I am trying to research but it does not look like there is a shuttle to the airport, correct? Any ideas on the easiest way to get to the airport for me and my daughter and how much it might cost? tHANKS!

Hi all - I am going to WBC for the first time next week (joining my sisters family who is renting there) but will need to get to the airport somehow very early on Friday morning and will n to have a rental car. I am trying to research but it does not look like there is a shuttle to the airport, correct? Any ideas on the easiest way to get to the airport for me and my daughter and how much it might cost? tHANKS!
The easiest? Just take a cab. You can find out some more info here:
http://www.mearstransportation.com/

Mears transportation

We arrived yesterday! Very excited to be back. We arrived around 2:30 and there was no line at check in. The guy at the desk was very nice and showed us on his computer that he had two 3 bedrooms available and ready. One was ground floor Tower 3 and the other was 3rd floor Tower 6. DD didn't want ground floor so we chose Tower 6. We could have also waited a couple hours for a few more units to be ready, but we were fine with 3rd floor Tower 6.

We have a "conservation view" aka...parking lot. But that is fine. What we do have is an ENORMOUS balcony. It is right over the entrance so it is double the width and length of the other ones we have had in the past.

Our 3bedroom unit is in great shape, but we did notice the set up seems a bit smaller than the last one we had in 2013. I believe we had a Presidential then and now have a deluxe. I also believe it is because the owner we rented from last time had a million Wyndham points and was considered Platinum. I remember both him and the desk telling us last time that we had gotten an "upgraded" unit. They are basically the same, but this one feels more compact even though it is still huge.

We used the lazy river and hot tub at Tower 5 last night and everything is great so far.

Someone also mentioned no ironing board. There is one mounted against the end wall of the main hall closet....kinda hard to spot. They also have a hair dryer under the sink....which is great since I didn't pack mine.

We also ran to Walmart on Vineland Rd for groceries. Easy to get too and prices were fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to create some of the Disney magic for my 7yo and 4yo boys while staying at WBC? Because we are traveling with grandparents we are staying off property and I'm super excited about the pools and the other amenities but I'd love to inject some Disney into the hotel experience for my kids. For example, are there any Mickey wake up call services? Other ideas?

We arrived yesterday! Very excited to be back. We arrived around 2:30 and there was no line at check in. The guy at the desk was very nice and showed us on his computer that he had two 3 bedrooms available and ready. One was ground floor Tower 3 and the other was 3rd floor Tower 6. DD didn't want ground floor so we chose Tower 6. We could have also waited a couple hours for a few more units to be ready, but we were fine with 3rd floor Tower 6.

We have a "conservation view" aka...parking lot. But that is fine. What we do have is an ENORMOUS balcony. It is right over the entrance so it is double the width and length of the other ones we have had in the past.

Our 3bedroom unit is in great shape, but we did notice the set up seems a bit smaller than the last one we had in 2013. I believe we had a Presidential then and now have a deluxe. I also believe it is because the owner we rented from last time had a million Wyndham points and was considered Platinum. I remember both him and the desk telling us last time that we had gotten an "upgraded" unit. They are basically the same, but this one feels more compact even though it is still huge.

We used the lazy river and hot tub at Tower 5 last night and everything is great so far.

Someone also mentioned no ironing board. There is one mounted against the end wall of the main hall closet....kinda hard to spot. They also have a hair dryer under the sink....which is great since I didn't pack mine.

We also ran to Walmart on Vineland Rd for groceries. Easy to get too and prices were fine.
Thanks. This is great info.
very interesting that the unit is in great shape, considering Tower 6 is due to be refurbished in Five months.

three years ago, we stayed in a 3bd deluxe on the pool side of tower 6 and enjoyed it. It was on the 7th or 8 th floor, I think.

Someone also mentioned no ironing board. There is one mounted against the end wall of the main hall closet....kinda hard to spot.

That was me who posted about no ironing board. We were in a 2br, not a 3br and there is no "main hall closet". There is a closet in the living room area, which is where the iron was. There was a space for the ironing board to be stored in that closet, but it wasn't in there. It was obvious there should have been one, it just happened to be missing from our particular room. I'm sure I could have requested one, but I was able to do w/out it thanks to the small bottle of downy wrinkle releaser (love that stuff!) I had w/ me.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to create some of the Disney magic for my 7yo and 4yo boys while staying at WBC? Because we are traveling with grandparents we are staying off property and I'm super excited about the pools and the other amenities but I'd love to inject some Disney into the hotel experience for my kids. For example, are there any Mickey wake up call services? Other ideas?

I think your best call here would be to bring your own Disney with you. You can bring inexpensive Disney or park related items for Tinkerbell to leave for them each day. I would suggest having a special basket or plastic bucket that you can place on the dining table, breakfast bar, or coffee table, maybe with some Easter grass in it, and leaving a little gift each night. Target, Walmart and dollar stores often have themed sunglasses, wands, or coloring books, plus you can add glow sticks or other fun items as you like. When we stayed at WBC and went to Disney, I was able to find quite a bit of those types of items for the boys, though we didn't have them special delivered.

I think your best call here would be to bring your own Disney with you. You can bring inexpensive Disney or park related items for Tinkerbell to leave for them each day. I would suggest having a special basket or plastic bucket that you can place on the dining table, breakfast bar, or coffee table, maybe with some Easter grass in it, and leaving a little gift each night. Target, Walmart and dollar stores often have themed sunglasses, wands, or coloring books, plus you can add glow sticks or other fun items as you like. When we stayed at WBC and went to Disney, I was able to find quite a bit of those types of items for the boys, though we didn't have them special delivered.

I was definitely planning on tinker bell gifts. Was wondering if there were any other brilliant tricks. So many people on these boards are so creative! Since this morning I've hit on Disney themed toiletries, napkins and maybe wall decals if I can find cheap ones.

Checked in last on Sunday(12th) for 14 nights, ask nicely at the front desk for a lake view and ended up in Tower 3 on the 7th floor with a lake and fireworks view pixiedust:

Checked in last on Sunday(12th) for 14 nights, ask nicely at the front desk for a lake view and ended up in Tower 3 on the 7th floor with a lake and fireworks view pixiedust:

That's awesome, Fundytrail! Would you be able to post a pic of your view, please? We stayed in building 4 last time, and wondered what it looked like from over there? How's the weather? Forecast didn't look great :sad2:

Below is a detailed review of our stay at WBC from April 12th - April 18th. Please feel free to skip if you are not interested in such detail - but I wanted to give back to this group with my thoughts because this forum's feedback was invaluable to our stay at WBC. We just loved the place!

Booking: Booked through Ken and Denise Price at vacationupgrades.com. My best advice from our trip - do yourself a favor and book with Ken and Denise. Very thorough, very easy and responsive to work with, and the price is excellent. I've heard other folks get a little nervous with other groups, primarily due to a lack of timely communications about their reservations - this is not a problem with Ken and Denise. In fact, Ken originally was unable to get a reservation for us due to lack of availability, but then found an opening and held it for us for 24 hours. On top of that - we only wanted 5 nights, but Ken had a hold for 7 nights and was worried he might lose the whole reservation if we tried to adjust. We were only billed the 5 night rate but could have used the additional nights if it had worked into our schedule.

Check-in:
Checked in on sunday 4/12 around 3pm. Roughly 15 people in line if front of us - so roughly a 20 minute wait, but wasn't bothered by this. Once at the counter, very friendly staff, very efficient.

Infamous Parking Pass Desk: Was sent over to the parking pass desk to get our pass for the week. Knew in advance what to expect from all of the useful postings on this forum. Asked my wife and daughter to go check out the closest pool while I got the pass. My parking pass desk experience was not as bad as some have described on here. Yes, the person that talked with me was aggressive. He repeated some of the property information I had already received at the front desk. He asked whether we needed tickets for parks - I said "no, we are all set, thank you" - which was also true..:). He talked about the free breakfast on monday or tuesday and the presentation with it. I told him we were already booked those mornings, but thank you for the invitation. He asked if we would attend if the breakfast were scheduled later in the week. I said thank you but we are already fully booked with other activities. He seemed to realize I wasn't biting on his pitches - so he then abruptly just gave me our pass and moved on. This was about a 3 minute conversation if that. So my advice is to stay friendly but firm and you will get your pass without hassle.

(I will mention I also received a voicemail in our room on Wednesday of our stay claiming I didn't have a parking pass. I called back and told them that I received the parking pass at check in. They tried again to pitch me the presentation by offering a $150 credit or a 7-night stay at some resort. I told them thanks but no thanks and that was that.)

Room: We stayed in Tower 1, Room 116. Decided not to ask for a particular room. The room was a 1 bedroom deluxe and was great! It was at the end of the building on the first floor - facing the lake. No fireworks or high level view, but it didn't matter to us. It was so easy to go in and out of the room without getting on an elevator. Facing the lake was also key - i'm sure it wouldn't have been as enjoyable if we were parking lot side. Also, the towers at the other end of the property (5 & 6) seemed a little rowdier - we only have a 4-year old, so the relative quiet in Tower 1 actually worked out great.

Facility: Property is very clean. Loved the variety of pools at WBC. Spent more time at the Tower 3 pool than others (seemed less rowdy). Also really enjoyed the pool outside the hotel (between Towers 3 & 6) - a little quieter and seemed little more upscale. Also swam at night at the pool outside Tower 4 (??) where there was live music at the adjacent bar.

While the pirate pool outside Tower 6 was fun with the pirate ship, it was also a bit too busy for our tastes. Same with the pool outside the registration desk.

Never tried either lazy river. We didn't do the splash pad (which was actually closed for much of the week for some reason). Skipped mini-golf too, but a lot of folks seem to enjoy it. Also skipped the playground outside Towers 1 & 2.

The 0.6 mile path around the lake was pretty awesome. Great for walking anytime or running (early morning). The lake was pretty great too - my 4-year old loved the ducks, Koi fish, and turtles in the lake. The fountains were very pretty too - particularly at night (colored lights).

Ate at the Bar & Grill outside hotel/Tower 6 (not surprisingly, a bit over priced - but the pub food was good with good portions) and ordered out one night from the pizzeria next to Tower 3 (wouldn't recommend - below average pizza and pretty rough nachos).

Activities: Lots of great activities to pick and choose from - particularly for the little ones. My 4-year old loved making a tie-dye shirt ($10) and a stuffed bear ($20). We went to the ice cream social as well ($3?). Staff was great working with the kids. We also went to the Gatorland experience, where they presented a couple of alligators and a boa constrictor snake. The little ones loved this. Another bonus - when booking through vacationupgrades.com, no daily resort fees - you only pay for materials for those activities requiring them.

Surrounding area: Super easy to get to the Disney parks (we only went one day - to Magic Kingdom) and to Sea World (one day there too). Please note we rented a car ($200 for the week - great price through Dollar), so can't speak to situation with shuttles or other public transportation. Also easy to get to many restaurants and stores.

One suggestion - avoid the Publix supermarket on Rt. 192 listed on the info provided by the hotel. The place is a madhouse (crazy busy) and it seemed as though there was some price inflation going on in this supermarket due to its proximity to Disney. In retrospect, we would have gone to a slightly further away grocery store.

Overall, WBC is a great place to stay. We stayed at a Disney value resort on our previous trip and were so disappointed with that room. I can't see us staying at Disney again when WBC is so nice and has so much to offer.

We checked in at 8:30 am and they actually had a unit ready for us. Tower 4, great view, etc. Sent us over to get our 'parking pass' and I walked right by it and went to our room. About 2 days later a woman called inviting us to a breakfast, we gratuitously declined. 10 minutes later a man called and invited us to an after dinner meet n greet Wyndham reception (???). Again, we declined. 15 minutes later a woman called (pretty sure it was the same from before) and said there was no record of us picking up our parking pass. I said that was correct. She asked if now was as good time for me to come get it. I said, no. She asked what time would be. I said 'ma'am, you and I both know I do not need a parking pass. Half of the vehicles on this property do not have one. People come here to hang out for a day with no recourse. (We saw a lot of that on the weekend days) You have called me 3 times in 30 minutes. I am not interested in attending a presentation. Please do not interrupt my family vacation again.' Then I unplugged the phone.

Loved WBC and intend to return next year but I will unplug the phone on day 1 next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter