The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Is there a hair dryer in each suite? If so, is it a good one? I'd prefer not to have to pack mine.

What about an iron?

Just Back (March 28-April) from our 3rd stay at WBC and I have to say we were disappointed with WBC. Let me start with the positives, the overall grounds and size of the rooms are great for the $ and the staff was very friendly. We stayed in tower three on the 5th floor parking lot view. Our request was a high floor Theme park view. So no love there(not a big deal). What was a big deal was not having hot water in the late afternoon when you wanted to shower and get ready for dinner. Night after night and we were told that the resort was fully booked and sometimes this happens late in the day. What????

We were just at the resort for the pool and sun. No Disney parks for us this trip. So imagine my surprise when 4 days into the trip some staff go up to the chairs around us and start taking the towels off the chairs and packing up the stuff that people had laid out. About 30 minutes later the family comes down and is accusing another family of taking their chairs. I told the family that was saving the chairs that the staff picked up their stuff so the disagreement didn't get any uglier than it already was. How do you do this without letting guest know you have a policy. When we stayed at Aulani everyday at towel/bracelet pick up they let you know your stuff would be moved if you weren't using your chair for 30 min. To me you either have a policy or you don't but you don't just start making up something because people were complaining about not having chairs.

Since we were staying at the pool/ lazy river all day I can't tell you how many people thought is was OK to have squirt guns, nerf ball, full size footballs, giant floats all in the lazy river. Of course it's water and we will get splashed from time to time but it's a lazy river that states "No Horseplay" as one of the rules. It really hurts when you are drifting in a raft and get hit with a regular football. Especially when you are completely unaware it's coming. I'm also not sure at what point it became OK for people to swim in clothes and I'm talking about a t-shirt over a sunburn. But flat out parents stripping down their kids and having them swim in their undies, I'm guessing their rooms weren't ready??? I realize WBC does NOT have lifeguards but they need to get the pool areas under control. When each of these events (multiple times) were happening we would look around to see if their was some kind of personnel to help out and their just wasn't. The only people are the ones giving tours.

Unfortunately, this stay really altered our opinion of WBC and I just don't see us going back. I know others will have had better experiences and we had two great trips and that's why we went back but this was a real mess. WBC needs to reinforce the policies they already have in place if they want to have us back. Unfortunately, we didn't looooooove bonnet creek this time.

Just Back (March 28-April) from our 3rd stay at WBC and I have to say we were disappointed with WBC. Let me start with the positives, the overall grounds and size of the rooms are great for the $ and the staff was very friendly. We stayed in tower three on the 5th floor parking lot view. Our request was a high floor Theme park view. So no love there(not a big deal). What was a big deal was not having hot water in the late afternoon when you wanted to shower and get ready for dinner. Night after night and we were told that the resort was fully booked and sometimes this happens late in the day. What????

We were just at the resort for the pool and sun. No Disney parks for us this trip. So imagine my surprise when 4 days into the trip some staff go up to the chairs around us and start taking the towels off the chairs and packing up the stuff that people had laid out. About 30 minutes later the family comes down and is accusing another family of taking their chairs. I told the family that was saving the chairs that the staff picked up their stuff so the disagreement didn't get any uglier than it already was. How do you do this without letting guest know you have a policy. When we stayed at Aulani everyday at towel/bracelet pick up they let you know your stuff would be moved if you weren't using your chair for 30 min. To me you either have a policy or you don't but you don't just start making up something because people were complaining about not having chairs.

Since we were staying at the pool/ lazy river all day I can't tell you how many people thought is was OK to have squirt guns, nerf ball, full size footballs, giant floats all in the lazy river. Of course it's water and we will get splashed from time to time but it's a lazy river that states "No Horseplay" as one of the rules. It really hurts when you are drifting in a raft and get hit with a regular football. Especially when you are completely unaware it's coming. I'm also not sure at what point it became OK for people to swim in clothes and I'm talking about a t-shirt over a sunburn. But flat out parents stripping down their kids and having them swim in their undies, I'm guessing their rooms weren't ready??? I realize WBC does NOT have lifeguards but they need to get the pool areas under control. When each of these events (multiple times) were happening we would look around to see if their was some kind of personnel to help out and their just wasn't. The only people are the ones giving tours.

Unfortunately, this stay really altered our opinion of WBC and I just don't see us going back. I know others will have had better experiences and we had two great trips and that's why we went back but this was a real mess. WBC needs to reinforce the policies they already have in place if they want to have us back. Unfortunately, we didn't looooooove bonnet creek this time.

I can understand your frustration, however I do think that people in general need to be more respectful of others. During our last stay, many kids had squirt guns and nurf balls in the pool. I got hit with both several times, while parents watched and did nothing. I eventually told the children to move to the other part of the pool so no one else would get hit and they did listen. One day my daughter and niece were using swim tubes in the pool, they both got out to get a drink and left their tubes near the zero entry pool. We had chairs close by so the kids only had to go to the chairs for their drinks, they were literally gone 1 minute. When we turned back around for the tubes, they were gone. 2 women actually allowed their children to take our kids swim tubes and they were spinning them around in the water in the tubes. The mothers new they weren't their tubes and new they didn't belong to the pool, and they didn't care. They actually gave us attitude when we told them to give them back.

My point is that no matter how many rules or policies are in place, you will have individuals that feel entitled to do as they wish. Don't them spoil your vacation or views on WBC.

I can understand your frustration, however I do think that people in general need to be more respectful of others. During our last stay, many kids had squirt guns and nurf balls in the pool. I got hit with both several times, while parents watched and did nothing. I eventually told the children to move to the other part of the pool so no one else would get hit and they did listen. One day my daughter and niece were using swim tubes in the pool, they both got out to get a drink and left their tubes near the zero entry pool. We had chairs close by so the kids only had to go to the chairs for their drinks, they were literally gone 1 minute. When we turned back around for the tubes, they were gone. 2 women actually allowed their children to take our kids swim tubes and they were spinning them around in the water in the tubes. The mothers new they weren't their tubes and new they didn't belong to the pool, and they didn't care. They actually gave us attitude when we told them to give them back.

My point is that no matter how many rules or policies are in place, you will have individuals that feel entitled to do as they wish. Don't them spoil your vacation or views on WBC.

Unfortunately, this stay really altered our opinion of WBC and I just don't see us going back. I know others will have had better experiences and we had two great trips and that's why we went back but this was a real mess. WBC needs to reinforce the policies they already have in place if they want to have us back. Unfortunately, we didn't looooooove bonnet creek this time.[/QUOTE]

There is a lifeguard at the two pools with slides. The lazy river pool always seems to be the most "busy" pool. There are 5 other pools to choose from, however. We like the pirate pool for its size and it seems a bit quieter.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can call and have two reservations merged together? I want to get two consecutive 2BR reservations and was curious if they would allow me to keep the same room. Thanks!

Well, when we stayed there in 2013, we were there for a total of 9 nights. When I checked in, the man at the front desk said, "So I see that you'll be checking out on Wednesday, correct?" I told him that we were actually staying until the following Sunday and to look for another reservation. He found it right away, combined them, and no move was necessary.

Does anyone know if you can call and have two reservations merged together? I want to get two consecutive 2BR reservations and was curious if they would allow me to keep the same room. Thanks!

We have always had 2 reservations and never had to move..

Can anyone tell me if there are ever cabs waiting around the main check in area, or hotel area? We will be there for W&D Half marathon weekend in November and will rely on cabs or Uber. I have never used either so I am a little nervous, but we are NOT renting a car.

Can anyone tell me if there are ever cabs waiting around the main check in area, or hotel area? We will be there for W&D Half marathon weekend in November and will rely on cabs or Uber. I have never used either so I am a little nervous, but we are NOT renting a car.
Sometimes I see them in front of the main building, but its not Las Vegas where a stream of taxis are waiting to pick you up.

However, there are many, many cabs in the area so if you have to call one and you shouldn't have to wait too long.

Sometimes I see them in front of the main building, but its not Las Vegas where a stream of taxis are waiting to pick you up.

However, there are many, many cabs in the area so if you have to call one and you shouldn't have to wait too long.

Thanks! Do you know if there is a concierge who can call one for us, or are we on our own?

Thanks! Do you know if there is a concierge who can call one for us, or are we on our own?

They gave us a number at the desk for a cab service they recommend. You have to call as cabs don't sit st WBC. I don't remember the name of company but they were very good. We would give a pick up time when they dropped us off and they were always prompt.

They gave us a number at the desk for a cab service they recommend. You have to call as cabs don't sit st WBC. I don't remember the name of company but they were very good. We would give a pick up time when they dropped us off and they were always prompt.

Thanks!

Upatnoon...sorry to hear your stay wasn't as good as it could have been. I wonder...also...if it was because it was Easter time with higher than normal crowds of people. Plus, the weather has been unusually hot so that could also come into play with more people hanging

Upatnoon...sorry to hear your stay wasn't as good as it could have been. I wonder...also...if it was because it was Easter time with higher than normal crowds of people. Plus, the weather has been unusually hot so that could also come into play with more people hanging
Thanks. Our last trip was great. I was replying to someone else that had a problem, but somehow the message got scrambled.

so, in two weeks we are going back to WBC for our second stay. And, DW is following a pretty strict exercise regimen. i don't remember anything about the gyms.

The Club Wyndham website says there are two exercise rooms at the resort.

Which buildings are they in and what sort of equipment do they have?

I am guessing they are in the main reception building and Tower 6 - and I also guess there is a third in the Wyndham Grand Hotel (if so can timeshare folks use that one)?

DH always exercises on vacation. I asked Ken Price and he told me you can use the gym at the hotel. As far as I know there's only one exercise room at WBC itself and it is not that great, you can see pictures here: http://www.oyster.com/orlando/hotels/wyndham-bonnet-creek-resort/photos/fitness-center--v3016533/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter