The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I'm not sure. I keep both basket and cone-style filters in my Owner's Locker, and use those. There might have been a few pre-supplied, but I don't remember 100% for sure.

Filtered drip coffeemaker. Cone-style filters.
Can you make espresso in that or should I just bring my little pot

Also housekeeping question... I know you have to pay extra for it, which I was not planning on doing. But what about the trash? I have a baby with diapers and 6 days of the trash not going out will smell terrible!!!

Can anyone tell me the best pool for renting a cabana, please. Last time we stayed in building 4 and we pretty much parked ourselves in front of that pool so we'd have an unobstructed view of our kiddo swimming. I noticed the cabanas at that pool were not right in front of the pool. Do any of the pools have cabanas closer to the pools? Our vacation was mostly spent at the parks, but we are going to have a few more 'relax by the pool' days. I am super fair and burn easily and if I'm going to be at the pool all day, I will need lots of opportunity to get out of the sun. Any help would be appreciated. TIA
Last year, we rented a cabana next to the zero entry portion of the pirate pool at Tower 6. That was a great location. There are other cabanas at that pool near the poolslide, too.

Last edited:
i've seen Wyndham Bonnet Creek on VRBO also. Is this not a recommended way ? we've never stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek or used VRBO... thanks all!

We have stayed at many Disney resorts, and have stayed at WBC many times. WBC is definitely the way to go. This year we went thru VRBO. Our reservation was managed by Vacation Strategy. They were easy to work with and even upgraded our reservation to a 2-bedroom suite. We'll do it again next year.

Is VRBO the same company as VS?
I got a just paid our deposit with VS, then just checking around found VRBO has the same pic for the owners. And the reviews list the same names.

Don't worry...the same thing happened to us and all turned out fine. I called VS to see what was going on. The way I understand it.... VS helps time share owners who can not use their time or afford the maintenance fees by renting the time for the owners. VS uses VRBO to list the available time / space. Even thou you can email the owners on the VRBO site, the owners never responded to my email to them....VS responded to me. For our next trip, we are trying to go thru VS directly.

We got our invoice about 40 days. We are travelling 2/21-2/28 and got our final invoice on 1/16. We paid the next day and I got a receipt email but haven't heard anything else from VS. I have called several times & always have to leave a message and have emailed with no response. I am a little nervous!

Just called again & finally was able to speak to a live person. They say everything is all set & no worries. Not sure when I can call WBC to see when we are in the system.

VS doesn't put the reservation in your name until 7 days before you are scheduled to check in. They do this because of the liberal cancellation policy VS allows. ( We didn't get a confirmation from VS until 3 days before we were suppose to check in ..... we told them we were panicking so they upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite. )

Can you make espresso in that or should I just bring my little pot

Also housekeeping question... I know you have to pay extra for it, which I was not planning on doing. But what about the trash? I have a baby with diapers and 6 days of the trash not going out will smell terrible!!!
There's no way you'll get anywhere close to the pressure you need to make a proper espresso. There are trash chutes on every floor; not a problem to just take it out. We do that once or twice in a typical week.

There's no way you'll get anywhere close to the pressure you need to make a proper espresso. There are trash chutes on every floor; not a problem to just take it out. We do that once or twice in a typical week.

That should be simple enough! I fell like there is more I need to know... even though I have been following this thread for the last 6 months lol

We just stayed at WBC for the first time last week in tower 3. It was a great experience! Thanks for all the great tips from this board. The only complaint I have is that the wifi was terrible in our room. So slow it was unusable. I never had a chance to call about it but wondered if it was typical or something about our room location.

IF the wifi is really slow, do they still have the ethernet option? We use the laptop extensively when we travel, to purchase tickets, check weather, etc. I also was hoping the boys could stream movies on rainy days.

IF the wifi is really slow, do they still have the ethernet option? We use the laptop extensively when we travel, to purchase tickets, check weather, etc. I also was hoping the boys could stream movies on rainy days.

Wifi only ... available in all Buildings / Towers
Wifi Speed depends on Room Location etc (streaming movies on a shared wifi system is YMMV)

Ethernet Option (kitchen phone plug) was eliminated sometime between 2012-2013 (as per call to Front Desk)

Last edited:
Our room was at the very end of the hall (3 bedroom unit). WiFi was great near the elevator. We camped out there a few times when we really need to check something online. Even the 4G on my phone was spotty. WiFi in the parks was much better.

Well, shoot. It was a pain to only be able to use the ethernet and not be able to connect anything wirelessly, but dh is an IT guy and might have to log in to do some emergency work (it happens about half of our vacations). The ethernet was limiting, but fast. Wifi has been great at the most recent two Wyndham resorts; I was expecting the same here. I wonder if I need to call and ask for a room near the elevators just to be safe. The boys can make do with Redbox the night dh and I go to Emeril's, but dh will need some extra connectivity.

I don't think you can call with a room request, but you can ask at check in. And if you do get a room with poor WiFi, there should be a table and chairs in the foyer area of the elevator on each floor. That's where we sat to use the internet when we needed it. It was very fast there.

It is good to have all the comforts of home while on vacation.
But it can be very relaxing to unplug too.

:surfweb:

Has anyone rented from Kevin Wiseman? I always rented from Aaron Washburn, and received excellent service, but he is not renting this year. I also tried to google Shelby Resorts but had no luck.

thank you

We will be staying at BC in August, this will be our third time. The first time was great, the second time (last August) our room STUNK, the wifi was spotty and the fridge/freezer hardly worked. I had to throw out all of our food because it was barely cool. We put bottles of water in the freezer and it took a full 24 hours for them to actually be frozen.

So we are hoping for a better experience this time around. I have a few questions, in case anyone can answer... First, on our first trip they offered to sell us Disney tickets at a really low rate. Do they still do this? Secondly, I was thinking of buying a new stroller from Amazon or Target with free shipping and sending it directly to the hotel, so it's one less thing we have to bring down on the plane. Has anyone done this? I'm wondering what would happen if I ship it and it arrives a few days before we do? Will they hold it until we arrive?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter