The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread! (pics and reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The seller I rented from on E-bay said that at 2 weeks out I would be able to contact Bonnet Creek and they would have record of our stay then. They sent me a copy of the their side of the Wyndham reservation that showed their ownership and us as a guest. Is this the normal procedure? The actual resort not having it in their system until 2 weeks before our trip? Makes me nervous! But I guess it's probably the same with a Disney hotel. The actual property doesn't have record of you until just before your stay...right?

The seller I rented from on E-bay said that at 2 weeks out I would be able to contact Bonnet Creek and they would have record of our stay then. They sent me a copy of the their side of the Wyndham reservation that showed their ownership and us as a guest. Is this the normal procedure? The actual resort not having it in their system until 2 weeks before our trip? Makes me nervous! But I guess it's probably the same with a Disney hotel. The actual property doesn't have record of you until just before your stay...right?

It is normal for the actual resort to not get your reservation information from the master Wyndham reservation system until around the 2 week mark.

we just got an upgrade for our may 16 arrival from 1br to 3br presidential. i'm told all the 3br are in tower 6, so that's where we will be. what can you tell me about this building? any insider tips? like if i wiggle my nose just right a starbucks store will appear in my kitchen? tips on fireworks view?

btw, we are booking through fivestarresorts.net. so far, it's been stellar!

we just got an upgrade for our may 16 arrival from 1br to 3br presidential. i'm told all the 3br are in tower 6, so that's where we will be. what can you tell me about this building? any insider tips? like if i wiggle my nose just right a starbucks store will appear in my kitchen? tips on fireworks view?

btw, we are booking through fivestarresorts.net. so far, it's been stellar!

Did you upgrade yourself or how did that happen? Do you have to pay for the extra space if they did it? that would be a great surprise!

Did you upgrade yourself or how did that happen? Do you have to pay for the extra space if they did it? that would be a great surprise!

a lot of owners will upgrade you if they can within the 60 day window. the owner we are renting from was pretty sure that we would be able to get an upgrade from 1br to 2br deluxe or 1br presidential. but, when he checked, he was actually surprised that the 3 bedroom presidential was available for upgrade too! we are paying 72.50/night total. sweet deal i think.

a lot of owners will upgrade you if they can within the 60 day window. the owner we are renting from was pretty sure that we would be able to get an upgrade from 1br to 2br deluxe or 1br presidential. but, when he checked, he was actually surprised that the 3 bedroom presidential was available for upgrade too! we are paying 72.50/night total. sweet deal i think.

Wow! Makes me want to book today, but already have plans for US in June at WH so maybe next year. I'll just keep watching here for such good info. Of course, we will need the 4-bed to begin with so not much chance of upgrading from there...still sounds like a great place to stay.

We bought ours off of Ebay sometime the end of Feb, early March and they had us in the system the next week. (We weren't going until April) I would give it a week and call to see. They look it up by your last name.

or building 5? or ??

still can't figure out if main building has rooms or not because you would think being by the main pool would be popular.

going to call and make my request and still can't decide.

we arrive in 10 days!!:banana:

We're booked on the 14th floor of tower six with a parking lot view. Does anyone have photos of the view off of that side of the building? I'd love to see what we'll be looking at for two weeks!!

We have been staying/renting people's timeshares up in the Wisconsin Dells...Glacier Canyon is fantastic! We always stay in the 2 bedroom presidential! We love it...we can drive there from Chicago in about 2 hours 15 mins, so we will use that several times a year.

We also pay to stay on property at Disney 2x per year, so we will use BC for those trips...we were even considering another vacation at either a beach-y or ski resort AND possibly a BIG trip with my whole family...so I think we can use most of the points...also, we will rent out a 100K or more points per year to help off set the maintenance fees every year...We are excited...we are BIG planners...I have been a math teacher and my husband is a financial planner...2 numbers people...LOL

Hi
Please could you help me get the points thing into some context. We have rented from Ken Price 3 times and love BC. My husband keeps saying we should look into buying resale whereas I am happy to keep renting. How many weeks does 1M points get you? How many points would it take for a 2 week vacation in value and high season run to. Also a numbers person so trying to work out if its worth it to us.
Thanks for your help.

Hi
Please could you help me get the points thing into some context. We have rented from Ken Price 3 times and love BC. My husband keeps saying we should look into buying resale whereas I am happy to keep renting. How many weeks does 1M points get you? How many points would it take for a 2 week vacation in value and high season run to. Also a numbers person so trying to work out if its worth it to us.
Thanks for your help.

1M points could get you many trips per year, maybe all WDW or maybe other places...for instance, one week at any Wyndham Timeshare would cost this:

2 BR DLX 2 BR PREZ
Prime: 189,000 308,000

So, the points get used up pretty fast if you go during prime season. Then we have some extra to rent out ourselves, if we want to...or let family members use!

1M points could get you many trips per year, maybe all WDW or maybe other places...for instance, one week at any Wyndham Timeshare would cost this:

2 BR DLX 2 BR PREZ
Prime: 189,000 308,000

So, the points get used up pretty fast, if you go during prime season. Then we have some extra to rent out ourselves, if we want to...or let family members use!

Not true .. check the points charts. The newer resorts are a lot more points.

Oceanside, CA: 2 BR during prime time go from 238,000 to 324,000 and these are not presidential (no 2br presidentials at this resort). Point differences are because of view. 1 Br go from 203,000 to 324,000 (the 324 is presidential).

The older resorts are less points.

wow, where is everyone getting such great deals on 3br or presidential, would love to book something like that but not for $240 per night.

I'm reading that people are upgrading to "presidential." Are there two types of suites? If so, what is the difference and is the price a lot more? Still toying between 4-bed presidential and 2 2-bed (might get a better deal this way, but don't know what is normal and what is presidential).

Presidential have nicer appliances, granite countertops, etc. The sizes are essentially the same (other than 1BR, which is quite a bit bigger). They require quite a bit more points, so the prices are generally higher.

Either type of unit (Deluxe or Presidential) are very nice. I would gladly take a free upgrade, but wouldn't pay much more for a Presidential. (FWIW, most other Wyndhams have a Standard unit [the main difference is that it doesn't have a Jacuzzi tub] - Bonnet Creek only has Deluxe and Presidential.)

As for two 2BR units or one 4BR Deluxe, the points required are pretty close so price really isn't a factor. Bedding configuration is identical too (two bedrooms with Kings, two bedrooms with two beds), so that's not a factor. The 4BR Deluxe units are very impressive (if they're anything at all like one I saw at another Wyndham), so I would try for that but would gladly accept two 2BR units as a backup plan.

Presidential have nicer appliances, granite countertops, etc. The sizes are essentially the same (other than 1BR, which is quite a bit bigger). They require quite a bit more points, so the prices are generally higher.

Either type of unit (Deluxe or Presidential) are very nice. I would gladly take a free upgrade, but wouldn't pay much more for a Presidential. (FWIW, most other Wyndhams have a Standard unit [the main difference is that it doesn't have a Jacuzzi tub] - Bonnet Creek only has Deluxe and Presidential.)

As for two 2BR units or one 4BR Deluxe, the points required are pretty close so price really isn't a factor. Bedding configuration is identical too (two bedrooms with Kings, two bedrooms with two beds), so that's not a factor. The 4BR Deluxe units are very impressive (if they're anything at all like one I saw at another Wyndham), so I would try for that but would gladly accept two 2BR units as a backup plan.

Thanks for all the info. That helps a lot!

Bedding configuration is identical too (two bedrooms with Kings, two bedrooms with two beds), so that's not a factor.
There is one difference. The 2BRs have sleeper sofas. The 4BPs (and, IIRC, *all* of the Presidentials at Bonnet) have regular couches, not sleepers. For most people, that probably doesn't matter.

wow, where is everyone getting such great deals on 3br or presidential, would love to book something like that but not for $240 per night.

i'm only paying a 1br deluxe price. that's what i reserved, but when the 60 day window arrived, i got lucky and an upgrade to 3br presidential was available. i'm guessing if one was visiting in high season, such an upgrade wouldn't be available due to wbc being full. we are there moderate season-may 16-26.

Not true .. check the points charts. The newer resorts are a lot more points.

Oceanside, CA: 2 BR during prime time go from 238,000 to 324,000 and these are not presidential (no 2br presidentials at this resort). Point differences are because of view. 1 Br go from 203,000 to 324,000 (the 324 is presidential).

The older resorts are less points.

I just checked a points chart...we are in the middle of closing, so I don't have every point chart for every resort...but on an average...around that...I have 2 resorts that I have been renting points from over the past 2 years and they have presidentials and that's what we always stay in. So, I can't speak for every Wyndham resort out there, until I have all the official info...I was just giving them an idea based on the charts that have been provided to me thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter