The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed "GraceLuvsWDW" and I were in the same buliding and at the same time. When we complained to the staff, the man who came to our room mumbled something about the bug issue as if they were aware of the problem. Maybe if enough people complain about it they will spray more often. It is a lovely resort so I would hate for this to become an issue. We have never seen one of these bugs in a disney resort.

Now for our only issue, we seen 3 cockroaches in our room by the 8th day. My son-in-law called and asked if they had an exterminator contract. An employee came to our room and told us he had put in an order for them to spray our room between 10 AM and 5 PM the next day. He said he realized we were from Wisconsin and not use to bugs this size.
If you saw the large flying cockroaches, those are called Palmetto Bugs, and they are extremely common all over Florida. They go with the territory, like love bugs and mosquitos -- just part of Florida's charm. If it makes you feel any better, we had three in our house last night...probably because we've been swimming and left the patio doors open.

Palmetto bugs are usually >1 1/2 inches and I've seen them big enough to BBQ. Because they are flying bugs, normal exterminating really doesn't affect them much. They come in if you leave a door open -- at WBC, ground floor, that would be a patio door. If they stay long enough, the exterminator's insecticide will get them and you'll find them on their backs.

Something other than ground floor should solve this problem. I've never had them in an upper floor, even in 2nd floor units at Old Key West, which is a lushly-landscaped resort.

Palmetto Bugs are NOT a sign of poor housekeeping like the smaller crawling German roaches usually are.

I just noticed "GraceLuvsWDW" and I were in the same buliding and at the same time. When we complained to the staff, the man who came to our room mumbled something about the bug issue as if they were aware of the problem. Maybe if enough people complain about it they will spray more often. It is a lovely resort so I would hate for this to become an issue. We have never seen one of these bugs in a disney resort.

We have had bugs in our rooms at Pop and POFQ in previous years. Personally, a few bugs are not that horrible (I squashed the ones I saw). I would rather do that than deal with chemical fumigation while I was in a room. HOWEVER, they must have a problem because we were on the 7th floor and I saw several smaller (1-2 inch long) roaches that were not Palmetto bugs unless they were babies. We did have tons of palmettos on the balcony at night (creepy, yes, but I live in a place with lots of bugs outside so it doesn't keep me from going on the balcony). I kept my luggage sealed off the floor just in case one wanted to come home with me.

There was a lot of rain the week prior to our stay so that could have something to do with the number of bugs we encountered.

I personally found the other housekeeping issues to be far more troubling.

Hi Everyone,

We'll be staying in Building 3 in a couple of weeks. Usually, we stay in building 6 when we go, but we were able to get room #950 (4BR Presidential) with the lake and firework view! :cool1:

In Building 6, they have wireless internet pretty much everywhere. Have they done this in every building at this point, or do I need to invest in a wireless router for this building/room?

Thanks

Joe

And one more question:

IIRC, the 1 bedroom Presidential suites are all located in Building 6. Is that correct???

Joe

Hi Everyone,

We'll be staying in Building 3 in a couple of weeks. Usually, we stay in building 6 when we go, but we were able to get room #950 (4BR Presidential) with the lake and firework view! :cool1:

In Building 6, they have wireless internet pretty much everywhere. Have they done this in every building at this point, or do I need to invest in a wireless router for this building/room?

Thanks

Joe

Tower 6 is the only building that was built with Wifi Access. There was a report a week or 2 ago about them installing Wifi in Tower 2. There is also wifi Access in the common areas of the main building (Activity center and lobby), and I believe at the 2 main pool bars (Tower 3 an Tower 4)

Since they installed Wifi in Tower 2, I'm going to assume they are upgrading the remaining towers with Wifi, however I don't have any idea of the progress or timetable for these upgrades. If you want to be ensured that you have wifi I'd probably recommend still bringing a wireless router until we get confirmation from people staying there on each tower.

And one more question:

IIRC, the 1 bedroom Presidential suites are all located in Building 6. Is that correct???

Joe

That is correct. Prior to Tower 6's construction, the only Presidential units were the 4 bedroom units in the other towers. When Tower 6 was constructed they added 1, 2, and 3 bedroom presidentials to the resort's inventory within that tower.

Since this is a timeshare resort with deeds sold based off a percentage of the total building's "value", they cannot upgrade existing deluxe inventory to Presidential level inventory in existing buildings without potentially running into a large issue with owner deeds due to the increased point value of the existing towers. (DVC AKL got around this issue when they built the second lodge when they reclassified and adjusted room catagories in the original lodge by adjusting the point values in the new building so that total resort inventory remained constant. DVC also does their leases (No deeds since DVC works off a long-term lease type system) differently which allowed for fewer complications when they made these changes.)

Monday I will be at my 60 day mark, I am getting excited to book:cool1:
Two Questions:

1. Is there a building that has a better fireworks view?

2. Are there TV's in the bedrooms?

TIA:flower3:

Any advice for booking with VS or VU?

Queenie - I'd have to say VU :thumbsup2 They've been great so far, and in the under 60 days seems to have one of the best rates. I hear of ebay bids winning for less, but I didn't see any for my weeks.

Can't believe we're missing each other again this year!

I'm totally not sure where to request either. I did building 5 (Thanks DCTooTall!) and told Ken i wanted a fireworks view. he said it would probably be a parking lot as well and i said ok. But now I'm thinking I would prefer the lake view. I dinno!! I can't see us going out on the balcony all that much EXCEPT to "see spaceship earth" or "see fireworks" IF we were there at that time.

I thought wifi was in 4, 5 and 6 but now it looks like I dreamed that part. :worried: so I guess perhaps 6 is a better choice if I'd like that?

Or I'll just still with 5 and talk to them when we check in.

Plane lands at 1:30 on a Friday. Figure we'll get to the resort by 2:30 and I'd LOVE to be able to 'check in' and go to DTD to get tickets and fiddle around in DQ for a couple of hours. That's the plan right now.

I have ADRs for Friday night and Sat night (same place) and trying to decide which to cancel. I'd love it to be Fri. night, but not sure we'll be able to check in, get tix, get settled in, AND have dinner.

Tower 6 is the only building that was built with Wifi Access. There was a report a week or 2 ago about them installing Wifi in Tower 2. There is also wifi Access in the common areas of the main building (Activity center and lobby), and I believe at the 2 main pool bars (Tower 3 an Tower 4)

Since they installed Wifi in Tower 2, I'm going to assume they are upgrading the remaining towers with Wifi, however I don't have any idea of the progress or timetable for these upgrades. If you want to be ensured that you have wifi I'd probably recommend still bringing a wireless router until we get confirmation from people staying there on each tower.

That is correct. Prior to Tower 6's construction, the only Presidential units were the 4 bedroom units in the other towers. When Tower 6 was constructed they added 1, 2, and 3 bedroom presidentials to the resort's inventory within that tower.

Since this is a timeshare resort with deeds sold based off a percentage of the total building's "value", they cannot upgrade existing deluxe inventory to Presidential level inventory in existing buildings without potentially running into a large issue with owner deeds due to the increased point value of the existing towers. (DVC AKL got around this issue when they built the second lodge when they reclassified and adjusted room catagories in the original lodge by adjusting the point values in the new building so that total resort inventory remained constant. DVC also does their leases (No deeds since DVC works off a long-term lease type system) differently which allowed for fewer complications when they made these changes.)

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Off to buy a router now.

Joe

So, if I want a good price on a 2 bedroom for Christmas week 2012, do i wait until 60 days out to trey and book it? Or do I book it now? I love the idea of doing a condo, especially at the holidays. Then if the parks are crazy, we can just hang out in the condo (as opposed to a tiny room at POP or POR). We have stayed on property many many times, but I really like the idea of Bonnett Creek. I need some tips - help a newbie out! :)

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Off to buy a router now.

Joe

There is a benefit of using a personnal router vs a *shared/public* wifi connection ... personnal = private and faster (probable).

Routers were installed in building 4 (end of May) and according to a couple of DISboard posts - Building 2 (early June).

Might be safe to assume wifi will be available entire Resort (Buildings) soon ... but a phone call to Resort would be best.

Christmas week 2012, do i wait until 60 days out to trey and book it?
I just checked the Wyndham owners' site, and you are already too late. There are no units of any size for a full week checking in on 12/21-22-23/12. You will need to rent from someone who has booked the week speculatively hoping to rent it later. And, you will probably not be getting a great deal on it---that's a huge week, demand-wise.

If you mean New Years Eve, there are a still a handful of 1BR Pres and 2BR Dlx units left checking in on 12/30/12, but nothing for the 28th or 29th. I would not wait to book those.

I am at my 60 mark e-mailed Ken price at 4 am, when do you think I will get a quote.

VS gave me a quote and it was the same as before my 60 day window and way more expensive than other quotes that I have got already. So far the lowest is 1075. for 10 days...

I really want to book so I can just move on to other things. I guess I am just rambling...but only other planners will get my obsessive nature. ugggh, not a good waiter, it took forever to get to my 60 day mark.:sad2:

I am at my 60 mark e-mailed Ken price at 4 am, when do you think I will get a quote.

VS gave me a quote and it was the same as before my 60 day window and way more expensive than other quotes that I have got already. So far the lowest is 1075. for 10 days...

I really want to book so I can just move on to other things. I guess I am just rambling...but only other planners will get my obsessive nature. ugggh, not a good waiter, it took forever to get to my 60 day mark.:sad2:

I feel confident you'll get a quote tomorrow night!! :thumbsup2

You will probably get one even sooner than that! I just thought if you can mentally assume tomorrow night,then you'll be excited when it comes sooner. :cloud9:

Let's dance: :dance3:

I just checked the Wyndham owners' site, and you are already too late. There are no units of any size for a full week checking in on 12/21-22-23/12. You will need to rent from someone who has booked the week speculatively hoping to rent it later. And, you will probably not be getting a great deal on it---that's a huge week, demand-wise.

If you mean New Years Eve, there are a still a handful of 1BR Pres and 2BR Dlx units left checking in on 12/30/12, but nothing for the 28th or 29th. I would not wait to book those.

I wanted 12/24-12/31 -- no go? How do I check the availability?

There is a benefit of using a personnal router vs a *shared/public* wifi connection ... personnal = private and faster (probable).

Routers were installed in building 4 (end of May) and according to a couple of DISboard posts - Building 2 (early June).

Might be safe to assume wifi will be available entire Resort (Buildings) soon ... but a phone call to Resort would be best.

Did this today, and according to the person at the front desk, all rooms have wifi as of 3 days ago. I think I'll wait for confirmation here though. So as people stay on property, can you post if you had wifi in your room, and what room/building.

Thanks

Joe

Did this today, and according to the person at the front desk, all rooms have wifi as of 3 days ago. I think I'll wait for confirmation here though. So as people stay on property, can you post if you had wifi in your room, and what room/building.

Thanks

Joe

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I feel confident you'll get a quote tomorrow night!! :thumbsup2

You will probably get one even sooner than that! I just thought if you can mentally assume tomorrow night,then you'll be excited when it comes sooner. :cloud9:

Let's dance: :dance3:

I just reread his email and it said it will have a quote within 48 hours, so I am just being anxious.

I was surprised by VS though the quote I got was the same as the quote I got 2 months ago. I have already recieved a quote 600 less than VS, I really thought they would have the best price from what I had read but I was wrong:confused3

I am itching to book...I think your right by this time tommorow night I think I will have booked. So I guess I just got to keep to keep swimming...just keep swimming:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish:just keep swimming:fish::fish::fish::fish::fish:

So, if I want a good price on a 2 bedroom for Christmas week 2012, do i wait until 60 days out to trey and book it? Or do I book it now? I love the idea of doing a condo, especially at the holidays. Then if the parks are crazy, we can just hang out in the condo (as opposed to a tiny room at POP or POR). We have stayed on property many many times, but I really like the idea of Bonnett Creek. I need some tips - help a newbie out! :)

Christmas week.. Book ASAP. The reason it's usually cheaper to rent at 60 days is from the resort offering discounts to owners in order to try and fill the week. With high demand times like Christmas week, the resort will end up booked long before any discounts are offered.

I wanted 12/24-12/31 -- no go? How do I check the availability?

I just checked the owners site and it looks like there is 1 2bdrm deluxr unit let for those dates as of right now. As mentioned above, I'd book ASAP if you are really wanting to go those dates.

To check availability, you have to own within the Wyndham system in order to be able to access their internal reservations system. There is not a way for non-owners to check availabilty directly.

Even then, all I can see is the number of open reservations at the resort. I cannot see how many of the existng reservations are behind held by people looking to rent out the reservation.

I have a question about check in....we are driving and will possibly not get there until 10pm or later on our check in day. If it happens to be later, how long will they hold our room for us? If we arrive after midnight, will we have issues?

I have a question about check in....we are driving and will possibly not get there until 10pm or later on our check in day. If it happens to be later, how long will they hold our room for us? If we arrive after midnight, will we have issues?

It's a time share resort, so it's not like a hotel where after a certain time they'll turn around and resell your reservation. You should have no problem if you arrive and check in after midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter