The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread part2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm going to call and ask tomorrow, and find out exactly what the brand is...I suppose it is possible that they have more than one brand...We've stayed in two buildings in the last two years and I feel like they were the same...(Bldg 2 and 5)...I'll let everyone know what I find out.

I talked to guest services today and found out that not every tower has the same mattresses...the Service/Maintenance manager asked that I leave my phone number and she is going to look into what mattress tower 5 has...as that was our most recent stay...she even took down the room we were in.

So....I'll let you know what I find out.

So the previous poster said:
Simmons Beautyrest Vacation Therapy Spa Mattress-Plush (what tower was this?)
I've also heard:
Savannah Plush by Dormia

I started my own thread asking these questions, but no one has responded yet. So I thought I'd ask here...

1. Where is the best place to book WBC through? I have gotten a quote from Vacation Strategy and Farrellvacation (off ebay). Any other suggestions?

2. This will be our second trip as a family. We stayed in a TH in WH last time. My main concern with staying in a condo type (or even a hotel) situation is noise. Can you hear people walking above you? What about doors slamming in the hallways? Children screaming up and down the halls? I know it's a family resort and nothing is going to be completely quiet, but just wondering how bad it is when you're inside the room.

I started my own thread asking these questions, but no one has responded yet. So I thought I'd ask here...

1. Where is the best place to book WBC through? I have gotten a quote from Vacation Strategy and Farrellvacation (off ebay). Any other suggestions?

2. This will be our second trip as a family. We stayed in a TH in WH last time. My main concern with staying in a condo type (or even a hotel) situation is noise. Can you hear people walking above you? What about doors slamming in the hallways? Children screaming up and down the halls? I know it's a family resort and nothing is going to be completely quiet, but just wondering how bad it is when you're inside the room.

Vacation Upgrades is another, they list their prices on their website. I also did some comparison shopping for our current WBC ressie with the 2 you listed and found VS to be the least expensive for our dates. I am very happy with my dealings with them as well..I recommend them highly.

2. to be honest... I've never had any issues with noise coming from nearby units when I've gone. (Admittedly, I'm usually not there during the summer when there may be more kids.... but partying adults can be just as loud or louder). I have heard doors in the hallway slamming shut on occasion (and that may have more to do with the pressure changes), but nothing coming from adjacent rooms.

The thing I do tend to notice when in my room the most is when the fireworks at EPCOT start going off I'll hear the BOOM's. outside of that, if i'm in a room above a pool, I can sometimes hear people (or karaoke) when i'm on the balcony or have the sliding door open.

It took almost a week home to get everything back to "normal" and I'm happy to report that Bonnet Creek lived up to my very high expectations!

The resort really is totally inside Disney property; it was shocking how fast it was to get anywhere! Here's the sign when you turn onto Chelonia Parkway (taken from the bus as we were heading to Hollywood Studios):

bcr.jpg

We stayed on the 12th floor of Building 5, facing the parking lot and the bus stop of Building 6. This pic shows Building 5 and its orientation with the Building 6 bus stop:

busstop6.jpg

The request that I put in, to make sure we got an updated room, was 10th floor or higher. Apparently that worked. Room was lovely, no problems except figuring out how to get hot water to come out of the shower head!

We didn't get a fireworks view as requested because we were facing more towards Downtown Disney, but it was very quiet that high up and facing away from the pools (we all thought that the lazy river at Building 5 was very nice, and sad that we spent time in the hotel pool instead of the saltwater one at Building one -had we known it was saline I'd had been in it in a heartbeat). The weather wasn't good for pool time though - SO MUCH RAIN last week, but you just get used to it and and slog on. :)

Just a warning: one of the bus drivers is nuts - he's very friendly but drives INSANELY fast. It was fun like a thrill ride but...not so thrilling if you know what I mean. But both times we rode the bus it was spot on time so if you can handle being on a schedule I think that it's worth the money savings plus trying to figure out where you're going - let the drivers take you and that way you can just sit back and not have to remember where you've parked!

No problem checking in - but the line gets HORRENDOUS around 4 so I do recommend checking in early and then either going to the pool or visit Downtown Disney (like we did) until they call to let you know your room is ready. Wal Mart is so VERY easy to get to from Bonnet Creek, too - we had to go twice - once for food, once to get our son's glasses repaired, which they did in a jiffy, even though it took some of our MK time :(

We picked up our tickets from the Disney desk in the main building - not a problem at all. We bought them on Saturday (driving from Tallahassee southwards!) because of the price increase that happened Sunday and were able to save a chunk of change. And LOVED just being able to dump our stuff at WBC and drive over for two days and an overnight at the Universal parks and resorts. That was such a good decision.

Beds were very comfy at WBC, though ours felt just a little lumpy at least it was a KING, and the 2 BR is just SO MUCH SPACE for a family of 4 to really stretch out, especially after spending a few nights in hotel rooms! Strolling around the whole resort is peaceful - be sure to make a drink to take with you or get one from one of the two lakeside bars as you meander, and if you're lucky you'll get to watch the IllumiNations fireworks pop over Building 1.

I really hope we'll get the chance to come back!

2. to be honest... I've never had any issues with noise coming from nearby units when I've gone. (Admittedly, I'm usually not there during the summer when there may be more kids.... but partying adults can be just as loud or louder). I have heard doors in the hallway slamming shut on occasion (and that may have more to do with the pressure changes), but nothing coming from adjacent rooms.

The thing I do tend to notice when in my room the most is when the fireworks at EPCOT start going off I'll hear the BOOM's. outside of that, if i'm in a room above a pool, I can sometimes hear people (or karaoke) when i'm on the balcony or have the sliding door open.

Totally agree with DCTooTall. The only time you hear noise is when you open the sliding door or go out on the balcony. There was more hallway noise when we stayed at Saratoga Springs on property!

Thanks DC and kleldridge!

One more question...would a 2 bedroom be big enough for 5 (3 adults, 2 kids...1 of which may still be in a crib)? I'm just trying to figure out the logistics with sleeping. DS won't sleep if someone is in the room with him, so putting the crib in the room with us isn't going to work. :confused:

Thanks DC and kleldridge!

One more question...would a 2 bedroom be big enough for 5 (3 adults, 2 kids...1 of which may still be in a crib)? I'm just trying to figure out the logistics with sleeping. DS won't sleep if someone is in the room with him, so putting the crib in the room with us isn't going to work. :confused:
There is room for a small crib in the family room/kitchen area. You may have to move some furniture around a little, though. We had 5 the last time we went. There were 2 adults in the master, 2 teenagers in the 2nd bedroom (where there are 2 beds) and the other teenager on the pull out couch in the common area. It worked for us.

Monday I will be at my 60 day mark, I am getting excited to book:cool1:
Two Questions:

1. Is there a building that has a better fireworks view?

2. Are there TV's in the bedrooms?

TIA:flower3:

Any advice for booking with VS or VU?

Monday I will be at my 60 day mark, I am getting excited to book:cool1:
Two Questions:

1. Is there a building that has a better fireworks view?

2. Are there TV's in the bedrooms?

TIA:flower3:

Any advice for booking with VS or VU?

We were 12th floor building 4 and had a great fireworks view. Yes, there are TV's in the bedroom. :)

Just returned from our second stay at WBC-7 nights in room 720 in Tower 1.

Some thoughts:

Tower 1 room not as nice as our previous room in Tower 6. It was nice, just some issues that were frustrating such as-

no luggage carts available when we needed them
no trash bags provided
mold in showers and shower heads were clogged and sprayed poorly
one shower leaked water all over floor so was basically not usable unless we wnted to spend time mopping up water after shower (no threshhold rubber to hold water in stall)
internet very unreliable. I had brought router but the wired ethernet internet access was intermittent. the free wi-fi had poor signal strength and was SLOW.
The master bed was basically on the floor-no bed frame at all.
The kitchen was lacking in essentials-only 2 pots, one baking sheet, very few big spoons, and one spatula.
Dishwasher was AWFUL. Each time you pulled the racks they came all the way off the track and it was very difficult to get back on. Had to run twice to get dishes clean.
Dryer was also barely working.

When I checked in at 11pm with 6 people waiting in the car-I told the parking desk woman that I was in a hurry. She basically held me hostage for quite a while. It was very frustrating! She asked how I purchased my Disney tickets and had never heard of the YES program and told me there was no "legitimate" way to get tickets that cheaply-inferring that I was swindled.

Bell services was wonderful. The food we ate on site was good. The pools were nice and we even went to the Pool Party Palooza and it was very fun.

We used the gas grill but it wouldn't light. Had to track down a maintenance person to fix it.

The trip was nice and WBC is a good value but I did find this year's quality lower than a year ago.

ETA: we also had quite a few bugs in room. Not just the giant palmetto bugs but also smaller roaches that led me to believe it was more than just an issue of big bugs getting in.

Do you think checking in late at night will have any impact on the quality of room we will be assigned? We won't check in until midnight on Wed/Thurs (9/5-9/6) I'm considering staying somewhere else our first nite & then checking in early afternoon the next day. I realize the afternoon check-in could take longer but wonder if we would have better luck with room assignment than late at night ....

Hey me again with a couple more questions:goodvibes

Now I really am dreaming of a fireworks view and I love coffee in the morning by MYSELF:lmao: so this is important to me. (write now outside by myself drinking coffee as I post:rotfl:)

It seems some of the buildings have a fireworks view but it is over a parking lot and some have a fireworks view that do not overlook a parking lot.

What buildings have a great view of the fireworks/epcot ball without the parking lot view?

I was reading a post and realized I need to be walked through a bit the checking in part...

When we pull into WBC can we park with no problem and all go in to check in?

We will be checking in at 10:30 am will we have a good chance of getting a room earlier?...I will totally wait for my request but want honest answers, so I can have realistic expecations.:rolleyes1 We are not going the busiest time but busy enought Aug 17-27, my thinking is won't be super crowded.

If I have to have my family stay in car while I check in, and I have to get a parking pass....how long does this take so I can warn my family...so the natives do not get too restless and duct tape their dad and head for the pool:lmao::rolleyes1

There is parking while check-in, this will not be a problem. You do NOT need armed guards with the car to prevent towing LOL.

Do you think checking in late at night will have any impact on the quality of room we will be assigned? We won't check in until midnight on Wed/Thurs (9/5-9/6) I'm considering staying somewhere else our first nite & then checking in early afternoon the next day. I realize the afternoon check-in could take longer but wonder if we would have better luck with room assignment than late at night ....

To be honest, I don't think there would be a lot of difference in room availability between midnight on a Wed/Thursday and afternoon Thursday. Since this is a timeshare resort, most people tend to stay a full week starting on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Mid-week you don't tend to run into a whole lot of turnover, which means you are likely to end up with pretty much the same room choices either way.

Hey me again with a couple more questions:goodvibes

Now I really am dreaming of a fireworks view and I love coffee in the morning by MYSELF:lmao: so this is important to me. (write now outside by myself drinking coffee as I post:rotfl:)

It seems some of the buildings have a fireworks view but it is over a parking lot and some have a fireworks view that do not overlook a parking lot.

What buildings have a great view of the fireworks/epcot ball without the parking lot view?

I was reading a post and realized I need to be walked through a bit the checking in part...

When we pull into WBC can we park with no problem and all go in to check in?

We will be checking in at 10:30 am will we have a good chance of getting a room earlier?...I will totally wait for my request but want honest answers, so I can have realistic expecations.:rolleyes1 We are not going the busiest time but busy enought Aug 17-27, my thinking is won't be super crowded.

If I have to have my family stay in car while I check in, and I have to get a parking pass....how long does this take so I can warn my family...so the natives do not get too restless and duct tape their dad and head for the pool:lmao::rolleyes1

Towers 1, 2, and 3 (and maybe one wing of 6) will have some rooms that are on the lake side of the building which you can then also see some fireworks. HOWEVER, since the fireworks tend to go up in the area above the main building (and between the main building and Tower 4), If you want a "good view" you will need to be on one of the top floors of the lake/fireworks view buildings, and luck out that you get a room with a balcony facing just the right way so you aren't looking off to the side. You can also run into issues with Tower 4 and Tower 5's placement depending upon your room location with obstructing the fireworks view. (Personally I tend to request a lake/pool view since i can enjoy the lake all day/night, and am at the parks most nights when the fireworks are going off anyways)

As for parking/checking in, There is a parking area in front of the checkin lobby. You can feel secure in letting everyone leave the car when you go inside to checkin. They are pretty lax on checking for parking tags in the first place, and even then, the lot(s) used for people checking in are given even more leeway.

Since this is a timeshare resort, most people tend to stay a full week starting on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Mid-week you don't tend to run into a whole lot of turnover, which means you are likely to end up with pretty much the same room choices either way.

Our stay would start on a Wed and end on a Fri too. So you think that would mean a bad room location since it's mid week?

Our stay would start on a Wed and end on a Fri too. So you think that would mean a bad room location since it's mid week?

No. There are plenty of great room locations at the resort. Plus you do have people who check out mid-week or rooms that may sit empty "orphaned" for a few days after the weekend.

My comment was more basedf off the fact that since the majority of the turnover happens on the weekends (I'm feel comfortable saying 90% at least), the odds of the selection dramatically changing between midnight and noon on a mid-week day are slim.

Just returned from 11 nights at Bonnet Creek, June 2 - June 13. This was our first stay. We have stayed at Disney Resorts for the past 10 years. We did love this resort. We arrived on Sat. June 2 at 11 AM. Checked our luggage with Bell Service. Our room was ready by 1 PM and Bell Service promptly delivered our luggage. We were in Tower 1 unit 130, this was ground floor and lakeview as we requested. The childrens playground was right next to our patio. My 3 grandchildren loved it. We had our own vehicle so we did not use the transportation but it was located right outside Tower 1. On the Saturday, June 9 housekeeping did come in. We did not expect them so had left many items in view which we would have put away. Now for our only issue, we seen 3 cockroaches in our room by the 8th day. My son-in-law called and asked if they had an exterminator contract. An employee came to our room and told us he had put in an order for them to spray our room between 10 AM and 5 PM the next day. He said he realized we were from Wisconsin and not use to bugs this size. Overall we loved everything else about this resort and do plan on staying again, we just will not request a groundfloor.

This is the second return post in a day talking about cockroaches, I am so not like this:sad2: I have lived in Florida so I know about the bugs, but cockroachs?

thanks for answering my questions:flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter