The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Just thought I would say the staff here has been quite amazing. Very kind and nice and helpful. You have to sign out your pool towels but people seem to like to steal one another's towels while you are in the pool so keep an eye out. The events guys was quite nice and just notes the issue so we weren't responsible for the towels that were taken. We have had fresh sets of washclothes and towels brought up every other day and they will provide extra soaps upon request so if you aren't picky in your soap I would t purchase any and just get extras as needed.
For the person asking about the water. I would say its all your preference. I hate Orlando water and even with a Brita filter its terrible to me. I just got several big bottles of water for use at the condo and a case of reg water bottles for the parks. Tastes better and pretty much less than a brita filter system IMO

Just thought I would say the staff here has been quite amazing. Very kind and nice and helpful. You have to sign out your pool towels but people seem to like to steal one another's towels while you are in the pool so keep an eye out. The events guys was quite nice and just notes the issue so we weren't responsible for the towels that were taken. We have had fresh sets of washclothes and towels brought up every other day and they will provide extra soaps upon request so if you aren't picky in your soap I would t purchase any and just get extras as needed.
For the person asking about the water. I would say its all your preference. I hate Orlando water and even with a Brita filter its terrible to me. I just got several big bottles of water for use at the condo and a case of reg water bottles for the parks. Tastes better and pretty much less than a brita filter system IMO

Thanks! I hate it too and wondered if I would be able to stand it with the Brita filter. I will plan on buying gallon jugs of water!

We have a trip booked from 9/18-9/22. We recently decided to go on the 17th, arriving later in the day to get our shopping done and so DH can be rested up for the parks, lol. Unfortunately Bonnet Creek doesn't have availability for the extra day for us (points owners). So, thinking of staying at a Downtown Disney hotel so DH and I can walk around and check it out that night (he has never been, I've only been once). Can anyone tell me of any hotel that we can stay at and walk to Downtown Disney? I am weighing all my options. May just stay onsite and take the shuttle as they are having a late summer deal and we can stay at Pop for less than $100 inc. tax for the one night. Can't do parks as only I have an AP and he will only have a 5 day park hopper that will be used fri-tue. Any ideas? :)

Thanks! I hate it too and wondered if I would be able to stand it with the Brita filter. I will plan on buying gallon jugs of water!

We have a trip booked from 9/18-9/22. We recently decided to go on the 17th, arriving later in the day to get our shopping done and so DH can be rested up for the parks, lol. Unfortunately Bonnet Creek doesn't have availability for the extra day for us (points owners). So, thinking of staying at a Downtown Disney hotel so DH and I can walk around and check it out that night (he has never been, I've only been once). Can anyone tell me of any hotel that we can stay at and walk to Downtown Disney? I am weighing all my options. May just stay onsite and take the shuttle as they are having a late summer deal and we can stay at Pop for less than $100 inc. tax for the one night. Can't do parks as only I have an AP and he will only have a 5 day park hopper that will be used fri-tue. Any ideas? :)

I have stayed at Wyndham lake buena vista, right across from DTD, takes 5 minutes to walk there. The hotel is nothing spectacular, but the staff is pleasant, rooms are clean and they do offer free shuttle service. Just make sure you ask for a tower room otherwise you wind up in a motel style room.

Excited I was able to hotwire a few nights at the WBC (@ less than rack rate for a WDW value room woot) for upcoming, last minute trip. Had tried to work thru VRBO and other sources but found no availability being so close to 4th of July.

A few questions for the pros:

what building houses check in for the condos?

can we utilize all the pools in the complex including the hotel's?

looking at the map it really does look to be a large tract of land. Is it 'walkable' if we get stuck in a far flung building from lazy river or feature pools?

Can you drive to the different pool areas or do you have to park in assigned lot?

Does anybody know the summer pool hours?

Excited I was able to hotwire a few nights at the WBC (@ less than rack rate for a WDW value room woot) for upcoming, last minute trip. Had tried to work thru VRBO and other sources but found no availability being so close to 4th of July.

The building right in front of the gate for most of the resort for most. For presidential units, Tower 6. The guard at the gate will tell you where to go.

Yes

looking at the map it really does look to be a large tract of land. Is it 'walkable' if we get stuck in a far flung building from lazy river or feature pools?

Very walkable and compact. You can walk around the lake and past all the towers and pool in about 15 minutes or less.

Can you drive to the different pool areas or do you have to park in assigned lot?

No assigned parking, but it would be silly to drive. You just walk to another pool.

8 a.m. 11 p.m. I believe. The hours will be on the activity guide.

It's been a couple of years since my last stay at wbc. The main check in was right after you pull in the resort. We stayed in a 4 bedroom presidential and check in for that was in tower 6. The entire complex is easily walkable. We ate at the hotel restaurant 1 day and used the pool. Not sure if this is still allowed. We had a great time there and I'm planning to go back late sept for a week before we hit USO for a week.

Since WBC is high rise buildings you will find everything is close by or just a short walk. Yes, you are welcome to use all the different pools including the hotel. No you can not use the Hilton or Waldorf pools but they are further down the road. You can park anyplace. There is a gate house and the person working will direct you to where you go to check in. WBC is built in a circle. A man made lake in the center. Next are all the activities - pools, playgrounds, out door grills, miniature golf, etc. Next are the six buildings of condos and the hotel. The parking is on the outer circle so you will actually walk farther if you drive around to the different buildings than to walk the inner circle to reach the different pools.

Did you book a WBC timeshare through Hotwire ?

Or ... did you get one of the Hotels [Hilton or Wyndham) that share the property at WBC.

I am interested because IIRC ... this is the first mention of [a WBC timeshare - Hotwire reservation]
on this particular thread

Last edited:

Or ... did you get one of the Hotels [Hilton or Wyndham) that share the property at WBC.

I am interested because IIRC ... this is the first mention of [a WBC timeshare - Hotwire reservation]
on this particular thread

Your question wasn't directed towards me, but I was able to book WBC timeshare via Orbitz at a good rate when I couldn't find availability from other sources (or the price was too high from Wyndham extra vacations).

OK ... I believe I answered my own question.

I browsed Hotwire and they do have a listing for WBC condos.

It seems one could consider themselves *very lucky* to get a Reservation at WBC via Hotwire.

All experimental dates post as *sold out* ... No rooms available for the selected dates.

OK ... I believe I answered my own question.

I browsed Hotwire and they do have a listing for WBC condos.

It seems one could consider themselves *very lucky* to get a Reservation at WBC via Hotwire.

All experimental dates post as *sold out* ... No rooms available for the selected dates.

or :crazy:persistent, I've been stalking all the likely sites more times than I care to admit over the last 3 weeks:teeth:

it popped up last week on hotwire (hidden deal but hotel lists were pretty definitive). however, it was over double in price from what I wound up paying.

using codes, Cheap tickets had it at a slightly lesser discount, followed by Orbitz yesterday.

Can somebody tell me about the offerings at the gift shop - are there snacks and treats there? Or at a snack bar, perhaps? Also, I think I've seen mention of an arcade, is there one?

We're still trying to decide between Fort Wilderness and WBC for next April, and my tween will be bringing along a friend. One of the things they enjoy when we've been camping with this friend is a little independence in going and getting a treat or playing some games by themselves. I'm kinda feeling like they'd have more opportunity for that at the Fort, plus they'd have their bikes and be able to go fishing or find a tetherball court or something. But we haven't stayed at WBC yet (DH and I will be there in November), so I'm not sure if they'd have some comparable opportunities for a little freedom at WBC. Any thoughts?

Yes, the gift shop has snacks and there is a snack bar/counter service area also, and there is an arcade and gameroom (we didn't use those). I've stayed in the cabins at FW and at WBC. There is a lot more for tweens to explore at FW, more recreational opportunities for them, and there isn't any bike riding at WBC. I really enjoy FW, its a favorite WDW resort. I also really enjoyed WBC. Good luck deciding, both will be great!

Yes, the gift shop has snacks and there is a snack bar/counter service area also, and there is an arcade and gameroom (we didn't use those). I've stayed in the cabins at FW and at WBC. There is a lot more for tweens to explore at FW, more recreational opportunities for them, and there isn't any bike riding at WBC. I really enjoy FW, its a favorite WDW resort. I also really enjoyed WBC. Good luck deciding, both will be great!

Thanks so much for your thoughts, Tink 415! I really appreciate the feedback! At the moment we're kinda leaning toward the Fort, but I swear I flip back and forth every day. The thing is that the Fort fills up fast, so I really need to make a decision soon.

I did read the first page, but I'm still a bit confused! So is this thread for ALL the Bonnet Creek resorts? We are staying at the Hilton Bonnet Creek in November and I want info about that. If this is the wrong thread, maybe someone could point me to the correct one. Thanks in advance! :)

I did read the first page, but I'm still a bit confused! So is this thread for ALL the Bonnet Creek resorts? We are staying at the Hilton Bonnet Creek in November and I want info about that. If this is the wrong thread, maybe someone could point me to the correct one. Thanks in advance! :)

This is only about Wyndham Bonnet Creek, the timeshare resort.

Type in the search box ... Hilton Bonnet Creek ... :)

I've emailed Vacation Strategy about the Presidential condo and am waiting for a reply. But I was wondering if any of you have an idea what the cost for that suite is for the first week in December for 4 nights? I'm just looking for a ball park number so I can start planning. Does anyone have any idea? Thanks!!!

We will be staying here the first time this August and wondering what's close for breakfast on the way to the parks.thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter