The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read a lot of this thread as well as the predecessor threads and appoligize if this has been discussed.

We stayed at Bonnet creek in October 2011 and we stayed in tower 6, which at that time was quite new. They were renovating tower 2 back in late 2011 with plans to renovate tower 3 next.

Anyway, what tower has most recently been renovated? Have towers 4, 5 or six ben renovated?

Any news on upcoming renovation plans?

I tried looking and could not find this easily....

When we go, we will have 2 adults, 9 year old DS, 2 year old DS, and 2 year old DD

Will we count as 4+1 or 5? In other words, can we fit in a one bedroom?

I tried looking and could not find this easily....

When we go, we will have 2 adults, 9 year old DS, 2 year old DS, and 2 year old DD

Will we count as 4+1 or 5? In other words, can we fit in a one bedroom?

My Advice e is to get a 2 bedroom. The cost difference should be relatively small and you will be much more comfortable.

The max occupancy for a one br is four.

Can someone explain the difference between the deluxe and the presidential 3 bedrooms?

All three br pdesidentials are in tower six.
Three br deluxe units are scattered across all towers (including towers 1- 6).
The square footage will be roughly the same, presidentials may have a few more sf..
Presidential s will have upgraded interiors.
The max occupancy on a 3br presidential is eight.
The max occupancy on a 3 br deluxe is ten. (More because the liv rm sofa is a sleeper.
The floor plans differ.

We stayed in a 3br deluxe a couple of yrs ago and it was super.

My Advice e is to get a 2 bedroom. The cost difference should be relatively small and you will be much more comfortable.

The max occupancy for a one br is four.

I agree. There are so many more two bedrooms than one bedrooms. The cost difference should be very small.

Pretty sure that a two-year old is considered a person. I think a baby might be considered a person. And they do ask for the names of all members of your party upon check-in.

I've read a lot of this thread as well as the predecessor threads and appoligize if this has been discussed.

We stayed at Bonnet creek in October 2011 and we stayed in tower 6, which at that time was quite new. They were renovating tower 2 back in late 2011 with plans to renovate tower 3 next.

Anyway, what tower has most recently been renovated? Have towers 4, 5 or six ben renovated?

Hello. I haven't heard anything yet about towers 4 and 5 being renovated soon. I know towers 1,2, & 3 have been renovated and they are really nice (I have stayed in Towers 3 & 4). The only problem I had with my stay in tower 4 was the ripped sofa, which is a big problem in towers 4 & 5. So back to your question, as far as I know, tower 3 is the most recent renovated so far.

Hope this helped.:)

Hello. I haven't heard anything yet about towers 4 and 5 being renovated soon. I know towers 1,2, & 3 have been renovated and they are really nice (I have stayed in Towers 3 & 4). The only problem I had with my stay in tower 4 was the ripped sofa, which is a big problem in towers 4 & 5. So back to your question, as far as I know, tower 3 is the most recent renovated so far.

Hope this helped.:)

Hi:
Thank you! We stayed in Tower 6 back in late 2011. At that time, tower 6 had only been open about a year, so the condo was in great shape. We had a 3 BR deluxe.

In April 2015, we are going with extended family and will have three or four units ( a 3 Br, a couple of 2 Brs, and maybe a 1 BR). I'm trying to get a sense of where we might want to try to request for location.

Last October most of the lower floors in tower four were being refurbished. I can only assume that they continued from there working on tower four then to tower five where needed.

I made the mistake of booking direct a 2 bedroom via the WBC website, back in May, for a 10 day stay, Oct 22 - Nov 1. A no-cancellation rate, which I was pleased with at the time, so I'm going to ride that. Didn't know better, and hadn't discovered this thread. Live, learn and save next time :)

Has there been any kind of kids party or trick-or-treating at WBC on October 31?

We are not doing any MNSSHP nights. After spending $2K+ in tickets for a family of five, I was a bit horrified to find that MK would be closing early, but we could pay to get back in on many of the days we are visiting. I've researched enough now that I am OK with it.

But I have to stop the 'Magic' from leaving my wallet, so I was hoping there was some kind of cool thing happening at WBC on Halloween.

We return home the next day. :sad1:

Need info about the slides. I thought I saw someone mention kids can't wear a life vest on the water slide. My daughter would be so heart broken because she has always gone on the Disney resort slides wearing a vest. I am so bummed to read about this. Is it true?

We are not doing any MNSSHP nights. After spending $2K+ in tickets for a family of five, I was a bit horrified to find that MK would be closing early, but we could pay to get back in on many of the days we are visiting. I've researched enough now that I am OK with it.

MK doesn't really "close" early. The people who have paid for MNSSHP are given wristbands, and are allowed to enter the park at 4 pm. At 7 pm all rides are closed to those not wearing wristbands. No candy will be given to people without wristbands. There are varying reports as to if people spotted without wristbands are asked to leave MK.

Just booked 4/18-4/26/15 for a 1 bedroom deluxe. Got it for $563 with all taxes and fees. Is this a good rate? We have never stayed of Disney property, but since we decided on AP's this year, we are looking to save money where we can. Please tell me I am going to love it. I booked through vacation strategy and they suggested building 3 for convenience to parking. Good information?

Just booked 4/18-4/26/15 for a 1 bedroom deluxe. Got it for $563 with all taxes and fees. Is this a good rate? We have never stayed of Disney property, but since we decided on AP's this year, we are looking to save money where we can. Please tell me I am going to love it. I booked through vacation strategy and they suggested building 3 for convenience to parking. Good information?

I think that's a great price. All buildings have good parking. I suppose you might say that 4 and 5 are slightly better because of the garage. 6 also has a garage but it's shared with the hotel.

I made the mistake of booking direct a 2 bedroom via the WBC website, back in May, for a 10 day stay, Oct 22 - Nov 1. A no-cancellation rate, which I was pleased with at the time, so I'm going to ride that. Didn't know better, and hadn't discovered this thread. Live, learn and save next time :)

Has there been any kind of kids party or trick-or-treating at WBC on October 31?

But I have to stop the 'Magic' from leaving my wallet, so I was hoping there was some kind of cool thing happening at WBC on Halloween.

We return home the next day. :sad1:
We buy one less day in tickets (if buying) because the MNSSHP is from 4ish until 12-1:00am for about $60 far less than the daily rate. We have always purchased non expiring tickets and banked them as the eventually we save money on them. I realize that lengthier tickets are less but MNSSHP is a nice experience, kinda the same as an all day pass with usually smaller lines and less people especially late in the evening. We go earlier in the week. BCR does have a trick or treat event going to different set up stops around the lake/resort. Two years ago there was a haunted event but I did not see it last October.

Sorry if these questions (or answers to them) are somewhere else in thread, I'm not sure how to search within a thread.

1. how is fitness centre at BC? Size, decent treadmills?

2. Is it better to bring own beach towels? For hotel pool, and if heading to water parks. Have taken resort ones before from other hotels, but didn't need to check them out.

3. Is it worthwhile to being some pool toys (floats)?

We buy one less day in tickets (if buying) because the MNSSHP is from 4ish until 12-1:00am for about $60 far less than the daily rate. We have always purchased non expiring tickets and banked them as the eventually we save money on them. I realize that lengthier tickets are less but MNSSHP is a nice experience, kinda the same as an all day pass with usually smaller lines and less people especially late in the evening. We go earlier in the week. BCR does have a trick or treat event going to different set up stops around the lake/resort. Two years ago there was a haunted event but I did not see it last October.

Thanks Sylvester7577! A Trick or Treat around the lake sounds like it will work out perfectly. :cool1: Good plan on MNSSHP! I put this trip together before learning all the tricks, and didn't know about MNSSHP at the time.

I did get ADRs to CRT and the Hoop Dee Doo Review, but my budget can't handle many more special events. I'm paying close to rack rate for our stay at WBC. Had I known about booking through owners such as VS et all, we could doing every hard ticket event during our stay, but alas. Next time.

I did book a night at the FW Campgrounds, so we could get the Disney Resort guests perks for a couple of days, as well at the Chip and Dale marshmallow roast.

Thanks again. :wave2: Cant wait to check out Wyndham Bonnet Creek!

We check in on Sunday to Bonnet Creek and would like to stay in the same building we stayed in back in 2011, but can't remember which one it is!

The last time we were there, we stayed in the building that had a lazy river right outside and the next swimming pool over to the left (if you were looking down at the pool from the building) had the pirate ship.

Is that building 5?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter