The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I was hoping someone might know - is the max occupancy like Disney's, where one infant (under 1) in a pack n play doesn't count, or is it exact? We will be 12+infant next trip, considering a 4 bd Pres, hate to have to book 2 rooms just because of baby ;)

Bonnet creek does'nt take room requests but... 4 bedroom presidentials are on the top floor so you have a good chance to see fireworks. :)

We are owners so the rules may be different for non-owners, but when I booked our reservation I put the "request" in. When I got here to check-in, they gave us an option, there was a room open already on the 2nd Floor with a pond view or we could wait until a requested fireworks view was available. My wife and I opted to wait it out, which wasn't long. After about 15 minutes (already had dropped bags and left for Publix) our phone rang that the room was ready.

So, if you can put a request in at time of check-in, ask for fireworks and if you can manage with the kids or whatnot, tell them you will wait if needed.

We are owners so the rules may be different for non-owners, but when I booked our reservation I put the "request" in. When I got here to check-in, they gave us an option, there was a room open already on the 2nd Floor with a pond view or we could wait until a requested fireworks view was available. My wife and I opted to wait it out, which wasn't long. After about 15 minutes (already had dropped bags and left for Publix) our phone rang that the room was ready.

So, if you can put a request in at time of check-in, ask for fireworks and if you can manage with the kids or whatnot, tell them you will wait if needed.

Rules are different for owners. Owners can make requests. I don't know how long ago you were there or what your ownership status is, but officially requests are for VIP ownership status only.

If a person rents from a VIP member the ability to request does not pass to the guest.

Just checked-in (noon). Love our rooms...hate the location. 3rd floor parking lot view in building 1. The upside: plenty of parking. Did get the hard-sell at check-in. Kind of expected it as there were only 2 other families checking in and lots of people manning the time-share sales counter. Resort seems pretty busy.

Ok, I may have to change my opinion about our location. Came back from a big grocery run and fireworks were going off...in view from our room. Kids ran upstairs to see them. They were over by the time I made it up with our many bags of groceries.

Also love how bright our unit is. The darkness of the WDW resorts really, really bugs me as my vision is terrible in reduced light. Here, at WBC, there are lights everywhere -- with bright bulbs!!!

I really appreciated all that I learned from this board, and would like to pay it forward. So, without further ado, our trip report:

We stayed for the first two weeks in May. First, transportation: We rented a minivan, and checked the rates regularly for 3-4 months out from our trip. We ended up going with Alamo, which was $50 more than Dollar (about $476 total for two weeks--a rate we were really pleased with), but if you sign up for their frequent renter program (Alamo Insider), you get a second driver for free. The other great thing is you don't have to stand at the rental counter--you can check in online, then walk right to the type of car you rented, and pick out which one you want. We got a brand new Grand Caravan with leather interior. It was worth every penny to be able to not only drive to the parks, but also to Walmart, Target, etc. for groceries and supplies. In my opinion, the convenience and the money you save on groceries more than makes up for the cost of a rental car, and I highly recommend renting. It takes only 5-10 minutes to drive to the Disney parks, and it was awesome to come and go when we felt like it.

Now, the resort: We rented from Vacation Strategy. They had to string together 3 reservations to make it work, but they gave us a great rate, and we got a 2 bedroom Presidential for the about the same price as some others quoted us for a Deluxe. We ended up in Building 6, on the 17th floor. We LOVED the building. We were facing Downtown Disney/parking lot/woods. However, because we were so high, it was like we were really facing a forest, and we had a nice view of fireworks that seemed to come from Downtown Disney. We also had easy access to the 17th floor lounge and Epcot fireworks.

The suite itself was fantastic--immaculately clean, plenty of linens, plenty of laundry soap and shampoos, paper towels, coffee, trash bags, etc. We never saw a bug while we were there. Plus, when we got housekeeping halfway through, they brought fresh supplies of all of the above, which we really appreciated. There were plenty of dishes, silverware, etc.--maybe service for 10?--and a set of plastic cups, which we appreciated having for the kids. There was a nice coffee maker, and for our UK friends, it had a tea making function, as well. There's no kettle, but you can make do with the tea side of the coffee maker! There was a 4 slice toaster, all stainless appliances, a blender, fridge with ice maker, granite countertops, etc. We also had a huge balcony, although we didn't really use it, because we were traveling with little kids.

The furniture is nice enough, although not my taste. We had a comfy couch, a wicker loveseat, and a chair in the living room, with a large flat screen tv and a Bose DVD player and sound system. Both bedrooms had flat screens, as well. The bedrooms were also nicely furnished, with comfy beds. We had two queen beds in the guest room and one king in the master bedroom. There were large dressers in both bedrooms, and closets with plenty of hangers. Really, we didn't want for anything. These condo's are well stocked.

The bathrooms were both large. One of the nice features was that the guest bathroom had a vanity inside the bathroom, and a second one outside. Since we had two adult guests sharing that bathroom, it was helpful that one could use the bathroom while the other was getting ready using the second vanity outside the bathroom. The master bath featured the jacuzzi tub (which smelled weird when the jets were used--maybe our only complaint!), a separate shower, a toilet in its own compartment, and a double vanity. It was frankly enormous! One thing I didn't like was that the master bath is open to the master bedroom, but it's a minor complaint.

We had a full size washer and dryer in a closet outside the guest bedroom. We did approximately a million loads of laundry, and it was a godsend to have the machines. I can't imagine a two week vacation with kids in a couple of hotel rooms, with no laundry! It was so convenient. They left us with a huge stash of laundry detergent, too. Not by preferred brand, by helpful nonetheless.

So, that's a basic description of what we got. But what's it really like? I know a lot of people debate staying off property or on. We've stayed at Old Key West and Port Orleans in the past, and we worried about whether it would be as "magical" staying off property. My husband loves being on property, taking the shuttles, etc. We agreed that Bonnet Creek is AWESOME, and we'd stay at it again over a Disney resort.

First, let me say that one of the things you DON'T get is Disney hospitality. The person that checked us in was incredibly helpful and friendly, but he was the last person to be nice our entire stay. We found the WBC staff to be unfriendly at best and surly at worst. That, we didn't like. If I was an owner, I would have been furious at how they behaved. But, we aren't, and it was something we were willing to sacrifice. Because, we had SO much space. The pools are AWESOME. There are a million activities. There's a pretty good playground, with a rubberized surface, a nice walking path around the lake (I think it's about 1/2 mile around), a basic mini-golf course, a really great sprayground/splashground for little kids with a rubberized surface (really fantastic for the toddler set), two lazy rivers, and various zero entry pools. Each day there were arts and crafts and make your own sundaes for minimal cost. One day a week there was a bouncy house and bouncy sports (inflatable thingy with ability to play basketball, soccer, baseball, etc., is the only way I can describe it). They had an alligator show one night, which we never made it to, trivia nights, etc. In other words, plenty to keep you and your kids busy. All of these things, in our minds, more than made up for the fact we were off property, and the fact that the staff as a whole stinks.

The pools: We think the better lazy river is by building 5. It has nicer landscaping. We preferred the pirate pool by building 6 to all of the others, even though our kids were too small to be able to use the slide. It's nice and big and has two zero entry areas. But, your mileage may vary. Try them all if you go! It's part of the fun. If you have really little kids, you might prefer to be in building 1, near the splash ground. It's a bit of a hike from Building 6, but was our youngest's favorite spot (she's 2). Plus, I could relax a bit there, since it's fenced in, rubber surfaced, and designed for the little ones.

There are hot tubs by every building, and they were the perfect temperature while we were there--not too hot, despite the warm weather. There are gas grills near each building, too, and it was easy to find space to grill. Plus, it was a nice way to meet people, while you were cooking.

For those who want to check in with groceries or check out early and do the pool/grill thing on check out day, note that they have refrigerated storage. You just have to ask at the desk. On our last day, they kept our lunch cold for us, which was so convenient. There are also shower facilities available in some of the buildings (definitely in building 1--I checked), although I couldn't find them in Building 6. So, if you want to shower on your last day post swim and post checkout, that's an option.

We received maybe 3 phone calls while we were there, but never answered the phone. No one mentioned the parking pass, and we never picked it up--no problems. No one ever mentioned a time share presentation to us.

Because we had 3 reservations, we were told we would have to rekey twice, but we only had to do it once. There was no line to do it, and it took like 2 seconds. It was no big deal.

I had some things mailed to me at the resort from Amazon. I had to walk to Building 1 to pick them up, but it was not a big deal. They had them waiting for me. The address is the main one on the little brochure they give you with your keys.

As for parking, we found that if we returned in the afternoon for nap/swim, or early evening, there was no problem finding a spot outside the building. If we got home around 8, we'd have to park in the garage which is by buildings 4/5, but honestly, it was no big deal--it's like a two minute walk from building 6. If you are super out of shape and don't ever get any exercise, maybe it will bother you, but then, if that's the case, Disney is going to kick your butt anyway!!!

There is a Disney cast member in building 1, if you don't come with tickets. We didn't use that person, as we'd bought tickets before we came. We also got the Magic Bands and booked our fast passes in advance. We rode every ride and did every experience (including the Anna and Elsa meet and greet, which had daily waits of 300 minutes!!!) with no wait at all, by taking advantage of fast pass + and by being in the park at opening in the mornings. Then, we came home for lunch/nap/swim most days, and headed back to the parks late afternoon. The bottom line for us is that it couldn't have been a more magical stay, even though we were off property. In fact, it was special because we were off property at Bonnet Creek. It really is that good, and I can highly recommend it.

And in case you are wondering about my family and I and trying to put this review into perspective. . .we are Americans who live outside the U.S., and regularly travel the world for work and play. We have traveled extensively, and we have pretty high standards. While the decor wasn't quite to our taste, and the staff leaves much to be desired, Bonnet Creek is otherwise a very high quality resort. You won't be disappointed.

If you have other questions, I'm happy to answer them.

Bonnet creek does'nt take room requests but... 4 bedroom presidentials are on the top floor so you have a good chance to see fireworks. :)

Actually, presidential suites are assigned on booking, especially the 4BR ones. If you had a requested room, it would have been based on availability at the time of booking.

As for the fireworks view, we stayed in Building 3 (#752 I think), and it was awesome. Fireworks/lake view with a HUGE balcony.

Joe

I had asked about max occupancy, whether or not an infant in a pack n play is counted - just wanted to update in case others were looking for the info; unlike Disney, an infant IS counted.

We were thinking of a 4 bd for our party of 13 (will have 2 infants in pnps) but that one infant pushes us over, so we'd need a 4 bd and 2 bd or some other 2 room configuration. Now looking at renting a house instead, which would be cheaper. Bummer!

Hello Bonnet Creek Lovers! :)

We are thinking about planning a Disney vacation for October 2015. We own a timeshare in VA and will be trading with RCI for one in Orlando. I have been eyeing up Bonnet Creek for a while and would LOVE to get a room there. However it looks like there is limited selection and seems like they only release so many months in advance. :confused3 Currently they have rooms available for November 2014 and December 2014. Has anyone ever traded thru RCI into Bonnet Creek? If we're traveling in October 2015 is it safe to say I should start checking for rooms around March 2015??? Or would it be better to just put in an ongoing search in hopes that something is found? We're new to RCI so I'm still learning the secrets to trading! :thumbsup2

Thank you!!!

An ongoing search is *always* preferable to just looking by hand. Searches are matched before the inventory appears online; what you see online are the "leftovers."

For (a lot) more tips to using RCI, you should consider joining TUG: tug2.net and tugbbs.com

JoeU - your answer on 4 bedroom presidential was not my experience. I rented 14 months in advance from Vacation Upgrade and was given the room number which would have looked out on the lake area. When we arrived we were given a different room on the backside of the building with a parking lot view. I went down to complain and was told the guarantee was only for the VIP member and did not extend to guest certificates. WBC only obligation was to give me a 4 bedroom - they would not honor the room I had been promised.
Everything worked out for the best as we did have great views of all the fireworks each evening. I did inform the Vacation Upgrade folks about what WBC had done to his reservation.

The suite itself was fantastic--immaculately clean, plenty of linens, plenty of laundry soap and shampoos, paper towels, coffee, trash bags, etc. We never saw a bug while we were there....First, let me say that one of the things you DON'T get is Disney hospitality. The person that checked us in was incredibly helpful and friendly, but he was the last person to be nice our entire stay. We found the WBC staff to be unfriendly at best and surly at worst. ....As for parking, we found that if we returned in the afternoon for nap/swim, or early evening, there was no problem finding a spot outside the building. If we got home around 8, we'd have to park in the garage which is by buildings 4/5, but honestly, it was no big deal--it's like a two minute walk from building 6.

My family is currently visiting WBCR for the 1st time and staying in a 2 BR deluxe in tower 1. We visit WDW as a family 3-4 times a year, with each visit averaging around 10 days. (We have family in the Winter Park/Orlando area.) We also travel quite a bit, both inside and out of the US and for both work and pleasure.

We have ALWAYS stayed in Disney resorts, but we will never do so again...at least not for our longer family stays. We are completely sold on WBCR. Since we rarely use Disney transportation (no patience for standing in line and cannot stand being packed into a monorail/bus at busy times), not being at a monorail or Epcot resort is not bothering us at all (something we worried about). The location is fantastic.

WBCR is well-themed, but it is not the over-the-top theming you get at some WDW resorts (i.e., Pirate rooms at CBR, rooms at AoA, princess rooms at POR, AKL/WL rooms). It's more like OKW, SSR, YC/BC, or GF.

Like weneedpalmtrees, we are finding our unit to be extremely well-stocked and clean. We've seen no bugs either inside or out (which is pretty miraculous considering our geographic locale). The linens all seem brand new and quite plush. I'm very glad we did not purchase additional toilet paper as others in the past have suggested as what is provided is absolutely fine (and some of my family members are quite particular. :rolleyes:) I do wish we'd brought a laundry basket, as we seem to be doing a load or two of laundry each day.

Fortunately, some of our experiences have been different from weneedpalmtrees. We have found the staff to be very friendly -- far more than during our last few stays on WDW properties, where we've found the staff in the food courts to be particularly unpleasant. Also, in tower 1, parking is not an issue. Our parking lot is pretty much empty. We've parked in the row closest to the main entrance (where the elevator is) at all hours -- from early until late. Finally, while we have combined two reservations, we do not have to check-in again.

We will definitely return...probably in October and December. Can't wait! :)

I need some quick advice from your experienced timeshare owners/renters. I am gotten to the point that I need to pay for my rental. I renting directly from an owner who book two overlapping reservation to accommodate my requested dates. I have received the Guest Confirmation for both reservations. I am about to pay the entire cost of the rental to the owner via credit card. Is there anything I need to do before I pay, or am I all set to pay without worry (because I have the confirmation)? Thanks!!

(I guess I am wondering if the owner can cancel the reservation even after I pay for it.)

We are planning on staying in june 2015..The only thing I was holding back on was I didnt want to have to sit through a presentation..So you never had anyone try to sell the resort to you?? I plan on just checking my family in and never answering my phone..lol

I really appreciated all that I learned from this board, and would like to pay it forward. So, without further ado, our trip report:

We stayed for the first two weeks in May. First, transportation: We rented a minivan, and checked the rates regularly for 3-4 months out from our trip. We ended up going with Alamo, which was $50 more than Dollar (about $476 total for two weeks--a rate we were really pleased with), but if you sign up for their frequent renter program (Alamo Insider), you get a second driver for free. The other great thing is you don't have to stand at the rental counter--you can check in online, then walk right to the type of car you rented, and pick out which one you want. We got a brand new Grand Caravan with leather interior. It was worth every penny to be able to not only drive to the parks, but also to Walmart, Target, etc. for groceries and supplies. In my opinion, the convenience and the money you save on groceries more than makes up for the cost of a rental car, and I highly recommend renting. It takes only 5-10 minutes to drive to the Disney parks, and it was awesome to come and go when we felt like it.

Now, the resort: We rented from Vacation Strategy. They had to string together 3 reservations to make it work, but they gave us a great rate, and we got a 2 bedroom Presidential for the about the same price as some others quoted us for a Deluxe. We ended up in Building 6, on the 17th floor. We LOVED the building. We were facing Downtown Disney/parking lot/woods. However, because we were so high, it was like we were really facing a forest, and we had a nice view of fireworks that seemed to come from Downtown Disney. We also had easy access to the 17th floor lounge and Epcot fireworks.

The suite itself was fantastic--immaculately clean, plenty of linens, plenty of laundry soap and shampoos, paper towels, coffee, trash bags, etc. We never saw a bug while we were there. Plus, when we got housekeeping halfway through, they brought fresh supplies of all of the above, which we really appreciated. There were plenty of dishes, silverware, etc.--maybe service for 10?--and a set of plastic cups, which we appreciated having for the kids. There was a nice coffee maker, and for our UK friends, it had a tea making function, as well. There's no kettle, but you can make do with the tea side of the coffee maker! There was a 4 slice toaster, all stainless appliances, a blender, fridge with ice maker, granite countertops, etc. We also had a huge balcony, although we didn't really use it, because we were traveling with little kids.

The furniture is nice enough, although not my taste. We had a comfy couch, a wicker loveseat, and a chair in the living room, with a large flat screen tv and a Bose DVD player and sound system. Both bedrooms had flat screens, as well. The bedrooms were also nicely furnished, with comfy beds. We had two queen beds in the guest room and one king in the master bedroom. There were large dressers in both bedrooms, and closets with plenty of hangers. Really, we didn't want for anything. These condo's are well stocked.

The bathrooms were both large. One of the nice features was that the guest bathroom had a vanity inside the bathroom, and a second one outside. Since we had two adult guests sharing that bathroom, it was helpful that one could use the bathroom while the other was getting ready using the second vanity outside the bathroom. The master bath featured the jacuzzi tub (which smelled weird when the jets were used--maybe our only complaint!), a separate shower, a toilet in its own compartment, and a double vanity. It was frankly enormous! One thing I didn't like was that the master bath is open to the master bedroom, but it's a minor complaint.

We had a full size washer and dryer in a closet outside the guest bedroom. We did approximately a million loads of laundry, and it was a godsend to have the machines. I can't imagine a two week vacation with kids in a couple of hotel rooms, with no laundry! It was so convenient. They left us with a huge stash of laundry detergent, too. Not by preferred brand, by helpful nonetheless.

So, that's a basic description of what we got. But what's it really like? I know a lot of people debate staying off property or on. We've stayed at Old Key West and Port Orleans in the past, and we worried about whether it would be as "magical" staying off property. My husband loves being on property, taking the shuttles, etc. We agreed that Bonnet Creek is AWESOME, and we'd stay at it again over a Disney resort.

First, let me say that one of the things you DON'T get is Disney hospitality. The person that checked us in was incredibly helpful and friendly, but he was the last person to be nice our entire stay. We found the WBC staff to be unfriendly at best and surly at worst. That, we didn't like. If I was an owner, I would have been furious at how they behaved. But, we aren't, and it was something we were willing to sacrifice. Because, we had SO much space. The pools are AWESOME. There are a million activities. There's a pretty good playground, with a rubberized surface, a nice walking path around the lake (I think it's about 1/2 mile around), a basic mini-golf course, a really great sprayground/splashground for little kids with a rubberized surface (really fantastic for the toddler set), two lazy rivers, and various zero entry pools. Each day there were arts and crafts and make your own sundaes for minimal cost. One day a week there was a bouncy house and bouncy sports (inflatable thingy with ability to play basketball, soccer, baseball, etc., is the only way I can describe it). They had an alligator show one night, which we never made it to, trivia nights, etc. In other words, plenty to keep you and your kids busy. All of these things, in our minds, more than made up for the fact we were off property, and the fact that the staff as a whole stinks.

The pools: We think the better lazy river is by building 5. It has nicer landscaping. We preferred the pirate pool by building 6 to all of the others, even though our kids were too small to be able to use the slide. It's nice and big and has two zero entry areas. But, your mileage may vary. Try them all if you go! It's part of the fun. If you have really little kids, you might prefer to be in building 1, near the splash ground. It's a bit of a hike from Building 6, but was our youngest's favorite spot (she's 2). Plus, I could relax a bit there, since it's fenced in, rubber surfaced, and designed for the little ones.

There are hot tubs by every building, and they were the perfect temperature while we were there--not too hot, despite the warm weather. There are gas grills near each building, too, and it was easy to find space to grill. Plus, it was a nice way to meet people, while you were cooking.

For those who want to check in with groceries or check out early and do the pool/grill thing on check out day, note that they have refrigerated storage. You just have to ask at the desk. On our last day, they kept our lunch cold for us, which was so convenient. There are also shower facilities available in some of the buildings (definitely in building 1--I checked), although I couldn't find them in Building 6. So, if you want to shower on your last day post swim and post checkout, that's an option.

We received maybe 3 phone calls while we were there, but never answered the phone. No one mentioned the parking pass, and we never picked it up--no problems. No one ever mentioned a time share presentation to us.

Because we had 3 reservations, we were told we would have to rekey twice, but we only had to do it once. There was no line to do it, and it took like 2 seconds. It was no big deal.

I had some things mailed to me at the resort from Amazon. I had to walk to Building 1 to pick them up, but it was not a big deal. They had them waiting for me. The address is the main one on the little brochure they give you with your keys.

As for parking, we found that if we returned in the afternoon for nap/swim, or early evening, there was no problem finding a spot outside the building. If we got home around 8, we'd have to park in the garage which is by buildings 4/5, but honestly, it was no big deal--it's like a two minute walk from building 6. If you are super out of shape and don't ever get any exercise, maybe it will bother you, but then, if that's the case, Disney is going to kick your butt anyway!!!

There is a Disney cast member in building 1, if you don't come with tickets. We didn't use that person, as we'd bought tickets before we came. We also got the Magic Bands and booked our fast passes in advance. We rode every ride and did every experience (including the Anna and Elsa meet and greet, which had daily waits of 300 minutes!!!) with no wait at all, by taking advantage of fast pass + and by being in the park at opening in the mornings. Then, we came home for lunch/nap/swim most days, and headed back to the parks late afternoon. The bottom line for us is that it couldn't have been a more magical stay, even though we were off property. In fact, it was special because we were off property at Bonnet Creek. It really is that good, and I can highly recommend it.

And in case you are wondering about my family and I and trying to put this review into perspective. . .we are Americans who live outside the U.S., and regularly travel the world for work and play. We have traveled extensively, and we have pretty high standards. While the decor wasn't quite to our taste, and the staff leaves much to be desired, Bonnet Creek is otherwise a very high quality resort. You won't be disappointed.

If you have other questions, I'm happy to answer them.

I need some quick advice from your experienced timeshare owners/renters. I am gotten to the point that I need to pay for my rental. I renting directly from an owner who book two overlapping reservation to accommodate my requested dates. I have received the Guest Confirmation for both reservations. I am about to pay the entire cost of the rental to the owner via credit card. Is there anything I need to do before I pay, or am I all set to pay without worry (because I have the confirmation)? Thanks!!

(I guess I am wondering if the owner can cancel the reservation even after I pay for it.)

I took the leap and just paid. There is really nothing to prevent the reservation from being canceled by the owner. The deal is documented to the hilt by email and electronic confirmations, and I will call the resort before we fly down (with refundable airfare).

I will put the worries aside and just be excited :cool1:

JoeU said:
We will be at Bonnet Creek in July. We are staying in room 1501 in Tower 6 (3BR Pres), and for the life of me, I can't find any pictures of the room, or the view.

Does anyone have a pic or pics of the room? Is there the outside possibility of a fireworks view from this room?

Joe

How do you know your room number already? Confused!

Any recent experiences with WBC and Garden Grocer or WGS? We will be down there in Nov and want to schedule a delivery on our arrival day. Do they have cold storage? What building do they deliver to? I'm trying to figure out logistics.

Previous posters have noted that grocery delivery and cold storage has been no problem (stored in the main bldg I believe).

To follow open on my reservation question from before: I have read that overlapping reservations by owners can result in a cancellation. My BC rental is comprised of two overlapping reservations, with two Guest Confirmations with my name - two three-day reservations that overlap in the middle to create a 5-day stay. Is this a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter