The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited we are working with Vacation Upgrades for our WBC stay next summer! Wooooowhooo! He is so nice and really explained the process so well, no wonder he comes so highly recommended!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

Booked with Ken and Denise 6 times. Nothing but praise for them. Great to deal with and can't recommend highly enough. 6th stay this August. Can't wait.
Have fun

Portugal1000 can you give me any tips on August travel? We've been in early September it was very hot and muggy so I figure August is similar, any recommendations on touring & traveling are welcome!

Just got off the phone with Ken and he was soooo nice :thumbsup2 Giving the best advice and information for our up coming booking he said Disboards is awesome and he is right! I'm so psyched for a great vacay! I am so glad everyone recommends him he has been fabulous so far. Love reading everyone's comments just makes me more excited about WBC! :yay:

Portugal1000 can you give me any tips on August travel? We've been in early September it was very hot and muggy so I figure August is similar, any recommendations on touring & traveling are welcome!

Just got off the phone with Ken and he was soooo nice :thumbsup2 Giving the best advice and information for our up coming booking he said Disboards is awesome and he is right! I'm so psyched for a great vacay! I am so glad everyone recommends him he has been fabulous so far. Love reading everyone's comments just makes me more excited about WBC! :yay:

Of course. We are from London so definitely not use to the heat. I would say number one tip is not to try and do too much. I guess it's not so difficult for us as we always go for 3 weeks. We always get to the parks early and leave when we have had enough before we get to the point where it's becoming hard work. Always drink lots and if we can walk from one ride to another via an air conditioned shop then we do. We love the water rides which really cool you down. We like to have a proper sit down lunch so that we are out of the sun and relax a while.
When we are at Bonnet Creek the heat is great. Love just being able to walk round in a swimming costume and cover up. We are constantly in and out if the water and the great thing about BC is there is plenty of shade. I never just sit in the sun.
Another thing is we never sleep with the air con on. This makes us all feel awful and asling as its been on before you go to bed we find it stays cool, even in August.
This year we aren't doing Disney so will be slightly different. We have a week at the beach first.
Hope this helps. Feel free to ask anything else.

I know check-in is at 4, but I'm worried that we won't be able to do check-in and get to our 5:15 Spirit of Aloha show at the Polynesian in time.

Is is possible to check in earlier, like 3?

I know check-in is at 4, but I'm worried that we won't be able to do check-in and get to our 5:15 Spirit of Aloha show at the Polynesian in time.

Is is possible to check in earlier, like 3?

You can check in any time you want ....the room is not available till 4 sometimes.. just check you luggage with bell services and go on your merry way! :cool1:

We are here now. We were able to check in and get our room around 11:30am on Saturday. They were also able to check us in for both weeks of our stay.

They are no longer giving out activity schedules at check in. If you want one you have to ask at the activity desk. They are also not giving your welcome packet at check in but rather at the time share desk along with the parking pass.

We will be at Bonnet Creek in July. We are staying in room 1501 in Tower 6 (3BR Pres), and for the life of me, I can't find any pictures of the room, or the view.

Does anyone have a pic or pics of the room? Is there the outside possibility of a fireworks view from this room?

Joe

Just booked with Ken and Denise for the 3rd time. We were able to get 11 nights in July (including the 4th) when my daughter also has a dance competition at the Gaylord. The total for the 2 BR deluxe was $1150!! So excited! They are great to work with :)

So we are starting to plan our trip for next year June 2015. And I think Bonnet Creek seems like the best place to stay ( location & size). When would be the best time to book to get the best (lowest) rate??

We are planning an extended family trip for my son's first Disney trip in October 2015. My in-laws are coming with us, so it will be Grammie, Papa, Mama, Dada, and Son (age 5 at time of trip).
My husband and I are WDW Pros but the cost of staying on-property with that many people is just outrageous, which brought me to looking at WBC. I've contacted Ken @ Vacation Upgrades, but being more than a year out, I'm not sure he will be able to help me with rates at all.

I've been reading Every. Single. Thread. about WBC and while, I am super terrified of not staying on-property, this resort looks beautiful and the reviews seem stellar.

Fingers crossed that this family-trip I am planning goes off without a hitch!

I was in 1804 in building 6 in Dec. It is a great firework view room so you want an even number room for fireworks. We saw Epcot & MK fireworks plus great view of Typhoon Lagoon water park [it was closed]. When you drive all those items seem far away but from the 18th floor they were really very close together. Could also see CBR & POPS.

Unfortunately the week of Easter in 2015 is week 14 which is prime season for WBC rates. That means that Vacation Upgrade will have to use more Wyndham points to rent a room for you for that week of April 4-11, 2015. I would say you should plan on $225.00 a night for a 2 bedroom condo that week. Since so many schools have Spring Break over the Easter Holidays, I would question whether there will be any rooms available at the 60 day mark for the cheaper rate.
If you could wait a week to go, week 15 is 112,000 points for a 2 bedroom where week 14 is 224,000 points for the same room. Also the parks will be less crowded the next week as compared to Easter week. Your jobs may not give you the flexibility to do that.

"Way, Way Too Many Trips to List" lol, you're so lucky! my daughter would love to put that on her resume!

Greetings from sunny WBC! Our first stay here as owners. Love love love it. It's perfect for both families and yet-to-have children couples (us).

We have a deluxe 2BR with fireworks view then the last night we are here we will be in a presidential 2BR (we added an extra night after initial booking, so separate reservation).

We are staying for the first time in a 4 bedroom presidential suite next week. Any recommendations on a room with fireworks view?

We are staying for the first time in a 4 bedroom presidential suite next week. Any recommendations on a room with fireworks view?

Bonnet creek does'nt take room requests but... 4 bedroom presidentials are on the top floor so you have a good chance to see fireworks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter