The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think $716 is a more than fair price for 7 nights. We have stayed twice recently and both times bought on ebay fairly last minute and paid about $100/night. We are going this wknd and paid $130/night for a 3 bedroom. We have rented many times at Windsor Hills and it is at least that or more when you add in the tax and cleaning fee and Bonnet Creek is nicer!

I think $716 is a more than fair price for 7 nights. We have stayed twice recently and both times bought on ebay fairly last minute and paid about $100/night. We are going this wknd and paid $130/night for a 3 bedroom. We have rented many times at Windsor Hills and it is at least that or more when you add in the tax and cleaning fee and Bonnet Creek is nicer!

Thanks! Now, to convince my family to go ahead and book! :)

I am so undecided about staying at WBC vs staying onsite. We have ALWAYS stayed onsite. We were supposed to stay at Kidani in a 1 Bedroom in January (trade through RCI) but I had to cancel due to surgery. We have re-scheduled our WDW trip to early May. We have thus far been unable to get a trade into WDW.

I have had a 2 bedroom at WBC booked since January. I stayed here one night solo when in Orlando for a conference. It is a beautiful resort for the very little time I spent there.

I am trying to be excited but my daughter (12) and I are bummed to not be staying onsite. She is a HUGE fan of Magical Express of all things and I think I am too. Probably it just always marks the beginnning of vacation for us. I have booked a room at CBR with my AP discount. But the thought of 9 nights in a :crowded:hotel room just is not very appealing. It is just 3 of us, but we really enjoy the space of a villa. I won't miss the Disney buses but my daughter prefers them. DH doesn't care as long as his girls are there.

For those that were diehard onsite visitors, tell me how you felt after staying at WBC. Wondering if you had onsite remorse. We will be renting a car and have a AAA parking pass so transportation is not a problem. Just feels like we are visiting WDW from the outside. Thanks!!!!

For those that were diehard onsite visitors, tell me how you felt after staying at WBC. Wondering if you had onsite remorse. We will be renting a car and have a AAA parking pass so transportation is not a problem. Just feels like we are visiting WDW from the outside. Thanks!!!!

Just my 2 cents, but I stayed at Bonnet Creek in 2009, and then bought into DVC, and have had split stays at Bonnet Creek/DVC properties twice.
Bonnet Creek is a real nice resort. But I really enjoy staying on-site much more; I felt like I was on an island at Bonnet Creek, but really in "the World" at the DVC resorts.

maybe consider a split stay, then you get a little of the best of both worlds.
as you can see in my signature we were diehard onsight fans. and still are. but I lost my job in Feb 2010 (business closed) and soon after the BP oil spill happened and there were no jobs to be found on the Gulf Coast as tourism dropped to about nothing. then in 2011 we had our first and only grandbaby so I decided to stay home and take care of him while my daughter works. so in 2010 we got an awesome deal on WBC and we liked it. would we rather stay on sight? absolutely, but for now I can't justify the money difference it would cost us to stay on sight so WBC it is for us, for now. Disney offsight is better than no Disney at all for us ;)

I booked this hotel using my timeshare points, for 2 nights in late August. Those two nights follow a five night stay at the Art of Animation Resort in Disney World. I am super excited to be returning to WDW, and Bonnet Creek, where I enjoyed staying last year.

Tried to search for this on here using google but can't find anything. I suppose I could call the resort but also wanted you all's opinion...

we are staying there April 11th-18th in a 3 bedroom pres.. I think I read that those are only in Tower 6? is that right?

As far as the bus schedule goes, we are only interested in the DTD bus. Didn't want to have to worry about parking with the mess that's going on over there. Honestly, I think I would skip it but for having my niece with us and I don't think she's ever been before. And our tradition is to go to Earl of Sandwich and we'd like to do that.

Anyone know DTD bus schedule? Anyone ever use it? Where does it drop you off.....and has that changed since they have started all the construction?

Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thank you. :)

I have a question about the One Room Presidential Suites. Are they located on the top floors, and what views do they have? It would be nice to be able to see fireworks.

I have a question about the One Room Presidential Suites. Are they located on the top floors, and what views do they have? It would be nice to be able to see fireworks.

while presidential rooms are on the upper floors like all other some have better views than others

Tried to search for this on here using google but can't find anything. I suppose I could call the resort but also wanted you all's opinion...

we are staying there April 11th-18th in a 3 bedroom pres.. I think I read that those are only in Tower 6? is that right?

As far as the bus schedule goes, we are only interested in the DTD bus. Didn't want to have to worry about parking with the mess that's going on over there. Honestly, I think I would skip it but for having my niece with us and I don't think she's ever been before. And our tradition is to go to Earl of Sandwich and we'd like to do that.

Anyone know DTD bus schedule? Anyone ever use it? Where does it drop you off.....and has that changed since they have started all the construction?

Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thank you. :)

if you are asking if presidentials are only in building 6 , no, I was told all buildings have presidential units.
as for DTD parking we were there in Dec and they have a parking lot across from DTD (usually it's CM parking) that has been set up for guest parking. it had very easy access into and out of. hope this helps

if you are asking if presidentials are only in building 6 , no, I was told all buildings have presidential units.
as for DTD parking we were there in Dec and they have a parking lot across from DTD (usually it's CM parking) that has been set up for guest parking. it had very easy access into and out of. hope this helps

No, I thought I had read that "3 bedroom" presidentials were only in building 6. Huh. Wish I could search so I could find that again.

Yeah, but I recently listened to Pete on one of the Dis unpluggged podcasts and he said it is a mess down there. Podcast was on the 11th of this month. He said he couldn't believe Disney didn't have people down there trying to help people with parking. Also said valet (which I didn't even know they had) was like a free for all.

To me, DTD is a stresser anyway. Well, at least getting a space. ONce you are in, you're fine. I either want to taxi it or bus it. But we have 8 people so we would need 2 taxi's.

I have never liked Downtown Disney. I have never thought that it was worth the time, and the hassle it took to get there. I don't drive, and the Disney buses took forever the few times I did go with family.

You could drive next door to CBR and take their bus to DTD & back. Or drive to PO- Riverside and take the boat. If you are at a park take the bus to sarasota springs and walk over - that route may be currently closed. Not exactly fair since you are not staying at the resort but we have done this in the past. In December I was at Epcot and granddaughter wanted to join me. The family took her to CBR and put her on the Epcot bus and then I met that bus at Epcot. Just tell the gate guard you want to look at the resort. No problem.

You could drive next door to CBR and take their bus to DTD & back. Or drive to PO- Riverside and take the boat. If you are at a park take the bus to sarasota springs and walk over - that route may be currently closed. Not exactly fair since you are not staying at the resort but we have done this in the past. In December I was at Epcot and granddaughter wanted to join me. The family took her to CBR and put her on the Epcot bus and then I met that bus at Epcot. Just tell the gate guard you want to look at the resort. No problem.

thanks, but our park days are our park days. :) And I don't want to park at another resort since we will probably be going kind of late and don't want to have to worry about a parking space back at the resort.

No, I thought I had read that "3 bedroom" presidentials were only in building 6. Huh. Wish I could search so I could find that again.

Yeah, but I recently listened to Pete on one of the Dis unpluggged podcasts and he said it is a mess down there. Podcast was on the 11th of this month. He said he couldn't believe Disney didn't have people down there trying to help people with parking. Also said valet (which I didn't even know they had) was like a free for all.

To me, DTD is a stresser anyway. Well, at least getting a space. ONce you are in, you're fine. I either want to taxi it or bus it. But we have 8 people so we would need 2 taxi's.

That is correct. 1,2, and 3 bedroom presidential suites are all in building 6 only. 4 bedroom presidential suites are in all if the buildings, and usually on the top floor of each building.

Joe

Hello

We booked Bonnet Creek for our upcoming trip in May. We used vrbo because the other "major" rental options were booked. I was wondering if, when and what type of reservation confirmation you get from directly from Bonnet Creek? Any info would be appreciated.

What is the difference (other than price) for a presidential vs presidential reserve unit?

First, I'll apologize for not reading through all the pages about this resort. My Girl Scout troop and I will be staying there this weekend and I have a couple quick questions.

1. Are there hair dryers in the condos?
2. Do they supply beach towels at the pools?
3. Is there free transportation to Downtown Disney?
4. I believe there are washers/dryers in the condos. Is there a place to get laundry detergent onsite?

Thank you and again I apologize if some of these have been answered in previous posts. I went back a couple of pages but didn't see the answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter