The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our plans have been altered due to needing to see my grandmother and now we will have to extend our trip by 2 days. 9 nights total. We were previously planning on staying at BC, but unfortunately, our budget hasn't grown much. Is it completely out of the question to search for a 2bdrm at $750ish for 9 nights? Our current price was $680 for 7 nights. Should I just move on to somewhere else? And if so, where do you suggest looking?

THANKS! You BC people are always amazing. ;)

We have always stayed in a one bedroom. As a family of 3 it was fine for us to have my daughter use the pull out couch. This year I priced 1 and 2 bedrooms. The price difference was less than $10 total ! Im talking $10 total for all 10 nights (not each night). I was told that the 2 bedroom inventory at Bonnet Creek way outnumbers the 1 bedrooms so that may be the reason. I dont think its unreasonable at all. Price shop - VRBO, Ebay, Vacation Upgrade, Vacation Strategy etc. This year we are using Vacation Strategy for the 3rd time. They have a price guarantee. I shop and they match my best rate. I trust them and love their cancellation policy (never lose your $$ and can move dates if emergency comes up). Good luck !

Vacation Strategy said that they didn't have any openings. I emailed the first company I had been working with, and told them what I would like to spend and my dates. We will see what they can come up with. Do you think it would be worth it to go ahead and email other vrbo owners and ebay owners?

Vacation Strategy said that they didn't have any openings. I emailed the first company I had been working with, and told them what I would like to spend and my dates. We will see what they can come up with. Do you think it would be worth it to go ahead and email other vrbo owners and ebay owners?

I would be emailing and requesting quotes from as many places as I could. Search thru this thread, there are probably other suggestions for companies / owners to contact.

We're just back from a seven night stay at Bonnet Creek. It was our first stay off property and to be honest, I came away with mixed feelings. We were in tower 2 on the third floor with a lake view. We could see parts of illuminations each night. The room was great! Super clean, updated, much more spacious than resorts on property. With two kids under four, I appreciated the space and being able to put them to bed and still stay awake without being silent. We loved the pools and found them to be nice and warm, the resort had tons of activities, but we spent most of our time in the parks so we didn't participate. Parking right at our tower was never a problem. It was a short drive to each park, but there's where I missed being right at Disney. I did feel like a little magic was lost for me having to drive everywhere, I like taking Disney buses and being in the Disney bubble. I missed the Disney theming. I would not mind staying there again, but if we can afford it, we'll stay on property next time. Again, no real complaints, I just like being at Disney. Oh, and not having the ability to book fast pass + in advance was a pain for us! The lines for fast pass scheduling were long, it was hard to wait with my one year old, at times we waited much longer to get fast passes than we waited in most ride lines!

I can so see how some would prefer the Disney transportation. :) We used to use it all the time. As our kids got older we started taking the van to the park 'cause we didn't want to stand in line for the buses. (this is mostly at MK of course.We would have long waits and then have to stand. ugh) But I totally see why some people don't want to drive....my neice is the same way. I don't even think they rent a car when there, not sure. She loves the buses.

The fp thing/not being able to schedule ahead of time.....that might go away. Talk on this board is almost all positive as far as that goes. As a frequent offisiter, this is good news but to be honest when I first heard about this program I thought for sure it was going to be an onsite perk. Probably not. So at some point that won't be a pro for staying onsite.

But glad to hear you had a good time and thank you for your honest review. :thumbsup2

Hi - I just returned from a week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, encouraged by this board. I finally registered to comment about the parking passes. I had read multiple times about what a PITA it would be to turn out the sales pitch get the parking pass, etc. Well, my flight was delayed and I arrived around midnight. The concierge desk was closed, and I was told to come back in the am to get the pass. I never did, and apparently, I didn't need it, as I went in and out all week without one.

Hi all. My SIL and I are contemplating a trip in early June (5 adults, 4 kids). We are really hoping for a deal because we each have beach trips already planned so this would be extra. Vacation Strategy quoted us $1100 for each 2b deluxe we'd need. I'm thinking I can get a better deal closer to time, right? We would prefer a 4b but idk if that's going to be harder to get.

What's the going rate for high season 2b within 60 days? 4b?

We are willing to wait for a great deal. And if it doesn't happen it's ok. Thanks!

For the person looking for two 2-bedrooms, I just checked Redweek and the price quoted to you by Vacation Strategies is lower than what people are advertising on Redweek.

I didn't check to see the name of the person for the Ad, but there is one ad for 6/1 to 6/8 for $1400. There is also an ad for 6/7 to 6/14 for $1149. From 6/21 to 6/28 for $1300 and another ad for 6/21 to 6/28 for $1099.

Another thing you can do is to join Tug2.net and for your yearly membership, which isn't too much, you can put a Wish Ad for the place you want, size and dates and people will get in touch with you by email.

That is how I found the person that I rent from and he is great to work with. I rented from him last year and I am renting from him again.

This year the price for BC seems to be higher and it appears harder to get a 2-bedroom, especially during the summer. The summer months are the only time I can take a vacation.

Good luck.

Hi all. My SIL and I are contemplating a trip in early June (5 adults, 4 kids). We are really hoping for a deal because we each have beach trips already planned so this would be extra. Vacation Strategy quoted us $1100 for each 2b deluxe we'd need. I'm thinking I can get a better deal closer to time, right? We would prefer a 4b but idk if that's going to be harder to get.

What's the going rate for high season 2b within 60 days? 4b?

We are willing to wait for a great deal. And if it doesn't happen it's ok. Thanks!

Maximum for a 2 bedroom is 8 people. you will need at least a 3 bedroom, which are much roomier than the 2 bedroom.

For the person looking for two 2-bedrooms, I just checked Redweek and the price quoted to you by Vacation Strategies is lower than what people are advertising on Redweek. I didn't check to see the name of the person for the Ad, but there is one ad for 6/1 to 6/8 for $1400. There is also an ad for 6/7 to 6/14 for $1149. From 6/21 to 6/28 for $1300 and another ad for 6/21 to 6/28 for $1099. Another thing you can do is to join Tug2.net and for your yearly membership, which isn't too much, you can put a Wish Ad for the place you want, size and dates and people will get in touch with you by email. That is how I found the person that I rent from and he is great to work with. I rented from him last year and I am renting from him again. This year the price for BC seems to be higher and it appears harder to get a 2-bedroom, especially during the summer. The summer months are the only time I can take a vacation. Good luck.

Thanks for the help. We are willing to wait for a better deal as I figured the price would be high now. Good to know its at least a good rate considering. We normally use Ken but haven't heard from him yet.

Maximum for a 2 bedroom is 8 people. you will need at least a 3 bedroom, which are much roomier than the 2 bedroom.

We are open to a 3b, but one of our kids is 3 and under. Does that count as an official body? She is still small enough for a PnP.

We are open to a 3b, but one of our kids is 3 and under. Does that count as an official body? She is still small enough for a PnP.

Yes a 3 year old is old enough to be considered a person. However, with a resort this large they would never know you had too many people. I have only seen it be an issue at smaller resorts with smaller rooms (example shoving 5 people in a 2 person studio).

We were also at WBC last week and did not need the parking pass. I checked in at 9 pm on a Friday and I'm pretty sure there were people at the "parking desk" but I was not asked to go. When I specifically asked "is there anything else I need to do" (I was well prepared to be rude if they did not quickly give me a parking pass at the sales desk after a long day of traveling) he said no. Annoyingly though he sent us off to Tower 6 without telling us about the shared parking garage with the hotel or the separate card key needed for it. I'm not sure where he expected us to be able to park at that hour. I circled around the lot before pulling up to the garage (it did say Tower de Sol parking but I was not sure or not if that was Tower 6 - it is), trying my room key to open it and finally pushing the intercom and waiting for someone to tell me to take a parking ticket and throw it away. Fortunately Tower 6 has a staffed desk so I got the garage key there or I would have needed to press the intercom and wait again on the way out.
Anyway, we were there for a week and simply used room key to open main gate and was never questioned about the pass. Looking around the lot, I'd say 1/4 to 1/3 of the cars did not have a parking pass.
Will post a full report separately soon.

It's been 3 years since we stayed here. At that time people were paying $500-$600 for an off peak 7 night stay in a 2 bedroom. I paid $499 for a 7 night 2 bedroom stay then. I used eBay. Does anyone still get those good prices?

we paid $900 for a 7 night 8 day stay in a presidential for the last week of april/first of may. (on ebay)

It's been 3 years since we stayed here. At that time people were paying $500-$600 for an off peak 7 night stay in a 2 bedroom. I paid $499 for a 7 night 2 bedroom stay then. I used eBay. Does anyone still get those good prices?
Those prices are more rare than they used to be. The economy is better and more people have learned about the resort. Also there are more superrenters who deal in reservations and do a better job of managing inventory.

I think $120 a night is closer to the average price of a reservation now for a 2BR, based on the sold reservations on Ebay.

I just got a quote for $716 for 7 nights in a 2 Br deluxe the last week of October. I'm wondering if I should book now or wait. Will prices be lower if I wait?

I just got a quote for $716 for 7 nights in a 2 Br deluxe the last week of October. I'm wondering if I should book now or wait. Will prices be lower if I wait?

That's about what we paid in Oct 2012 ($699). Considering how much more popular it is now, I would take that if it were me. We paid $400 for a 1BR in October 2013 and I thought that was a STEAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter